1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 8 ) at New Orleans ( -8 ) —- T: 50
    4:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 10.5 ) at LA Rams ( -10.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Detroit ( 3 ) at San Francisco ( -3 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 4.5 ) at Denver ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( -2 ) at Jacksonville ( 2 ) —- T: 45
    8:20 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) —- T: 44

Monday, 9/17
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

NFL Week 2: The Week of Florence?

• Falconsfan101

I will not fade Conner on DK this week. Don’t care if he is 50% owned. Too cheap for the role and matchup. Somehow broke even yesterday with 0 shares of Con. Guess I was right on all my other plays. Faded Hogan as I remembered Texans added one of the best slot corners. Was heavily exposed to Sanders, Stills, and Tyreke. Got lucky…

I like the Steelers/KC game all around….sounds like a good stacking game. Ben/Con/Brown or JuJu and run it back with Ty. KC defense is one to target this year.

Gordon versus Bills is a duh…Still pissed about Collins yesterday lol. Kamara and Gurley both in smash spots, especially after seeing washed up AP go to town on ARZ.

Det/49ers sounds like a shootout to me.

Fire up Lamar Miller against TEN. TEN got owned on the ground and are all banged up.

Which Pats back will be the one? Jacksonville more suspect against the run than pass. Burkhead might be the play again depending on Sony injury news. Back to Hogan however, he may have the best matchup this week.

Some decent value plays, but pricing is tight. Loving the challenge this week.

• underdawgs

Let’s get some injury updates and their impact:
    Delanie Walker out, Corey Davis hogs even more targets? Is Mariota playing on Sunday? Lewan going to play? Tenn is hurting bad already.
    Olsen out in Carolina probably, let’s get some Ian Thomas love. And Funchess produces when Olsen is out.
    Fournette already with a soft tissue injury. If he’s out, and don’t throw up at this, TJ Yeldon becomes the focal point of the offense.
    Houston losing Seantrel Henderson hurts, that o line is in trouble. And Watson needs to step up big time if they have any shot at being competitive. He did not look good yesterday

• lukemiller42

I will never “fire up” lamar miller. classic phil rivers early year choke coming. i don’t think i can pull trigger on bills defense after they burned me this week but that’s my first thought, everyone is going to roll all chargers…maybe i’ll have a share

Antonio brown is a must for me and i’ll have a tough time deciding between kamara and gurley. i really want to take all 3 and i think that will be my goal this week

• Falconsfan101

@lukemiller42 said...

I will never “fire up” lamar miller. classic phil rivers early year choke coming. i don’t think i can pull trigger on bills defense after they burned me this week but that’s my first thought, everyone is going to roll all chargers…maybe i’ll have a share

Antonio brown is a must for me and i’ll have a tough time deciding between kamara and gurley. i really want to take all 3 and i think that will be my goal this week

You don’t want to fire up a 3 down back against a banged up team missing important players on defense who is most likely going to be starting Blaine G with their best oline player out? All I see is a Lamar/Texans D stack.

• underdawgs

Only one Sunday so it’s a small sample size but some notable (in my opinion) stats from yesterday:
    Tannehill threw the ball 28 times and his favorite target was… Jakeem Grant (7 targets).
    Sam Bradford threw the ball 34 times and only targeted 5 players. Of those 5, two of them were RBs (DJ and Edmonds) and one was a TE. Only Larry Fitz and Christian Kirk saw any targets at all as WR’s. This WR Corp is ugly.
    Deshaun Watson threw the ball 34 times and only 2 players so more than 2 targets (Hopkins with 11, Ellington with 8). Will Fuller is needed back.
    In NE, the WR with the most targets was Dorsett (7) then Hogan (5) and Patterson (1). Notable that Dorsett caught all 7 of his targets since Brady works on trust. Patterson is involved (3 carries also) but Dorsett looks like a legit receiving option for Brady.
    Tyrod looks bad in completing only 15/40 but notable that Landry got 15 targets, more than double anyone else.
    The Jax WR Corp doesn’t look any clearer yet. Yeldon led the team in targets but that’s because of Fournette. The WR split was Westbrook (6) then ASJ and Moncrief (5 each) and then Cole (4).
    Eli threw 37 times and no surprise that OBJ got 15 targets, more than double anyone else. Barkley got 6 targets (only caught 2) but that’s encouraging for his usage moving forward.
    Baltimore threw 38 passes and they were spread over 9 people. No one had more than 6 targets. Kenneth Dixon led the team in touches but that hopefully was more a function of the blowout.
    Andrew luck threw 53 times and no surprise TY (11) and Doyle (10) led the team in targets. Ryan Grant with 9 targets is interesting. The run game is non existent there and the o line is awful. 53 attempts probably won’t be unusual for Luck.

• Simplebitz

• thedkexperience

Early thoughts …

Eat the chalk on Fan Duel. Kamara and Connor. Run them back. Take your 50+ points and figure it out elsewhere. Don’t be cute.

That said … Eagles Defense is the pick of the week. Give me ALL OF THE WEEK AFTER FITZMAGIC NON-MAGIC! Multiple defensive TDs incoming.

• bigez952

@Falconsfan101 said...

You don’t want to fire up a 3 down back against a banged up team missing important players on defense who is most likely going to be starting Blaine G with their best oline player out? All I see is a Lamar/Texans D stack.

When was the last time Lamar Miller has a slate winning type day against anyone? That dude just seems to always put up mediocre performances no matter what the matchup is. So unless he is under $5000 (I haven’t even looked at pricing yet) I would have a hard time rostering him with confidence since he seem to have 0 upside.

I am also curious how Tennessee got “owned on the ground” when they gave up 120 yards on 29 carries with 0 TD’s for the day vs. Drake and the rest of the Dolphins RB’s. Drake is a better back than Lamar Miller and was held to under 50 yards with only 3.4 yards per carry.

• Falconsfan101

@thedkexperience said...

Early thoughts …

Eat the chalk on Fan Duel. Kamara and Connor. Run them back. Take your 50+ points and figure it out elsewhere. Don’t be cute.

That said … Eagles Defense is the pick of the week. Give me ALL OF THE WEEK AFTER FITZMAGIC NON-MAGIC! Multiple defensive TDs incoming.

If you look at his previous game logs, he almost always crashes after his ceiling games. Jackson is banged up too. Only thing is that Julio owned the Eagles secondary the other night (minus the Redzone wtf(s) by Ryan) so it is possible Evans has similar success. Eagles defense is good….but their secondary was an attacking point last year as well.

• Simplebitz

Is it safe to go after the Saints D?? Or did they just under prepare FITZ….

• Falconsfan101

@bigez952 said...

When was the last time Lamar Miller has a slate winning type day against anyone? That dude just seems to always put up mediocre performances no matter what the matchup is. So unless he is under $5000 (I haven’t even looked at pricing yet) I would have a hard time rostering him with confidence since he seem to have 0 upside.

I am also curious how Tennessee got “owned on the ground” when they gave up 120 yards on 29 carries with 0 TD’s for the day vs. Drake and the rest of the Dolphins RB’s. Drake is a better back than Lamar Miller and was held to under 50 yards with only 3.4 yards per carry.

I watched the whole game. Before the weather delay nonsense, the Dolphins were breaking off chunk run after chunk run after chunk run. Running game is all about rhythm, and the weather delays stiffled that. They were absolutely mopping the floor with their run defense before that. You didn’t mention old man Frank Gore at 6.8 YPC if we are strictly going off stats. They were still productive once they game continued, but not as dominate. Also there was a return TD and a splash play by Stills that limited TOP. Lamar is $5,400 on DK. Not sure about FD. Lamar is contingent on Watson playing good. When Watson has success, Lamar usually does as well.

Working against Lamar, is the fact that there are other top tier players at RB only a little more expensive. I have no problems throwing Lamar into lineups that I am paying up at WR or other positions. I play GPPs only and roll out a variety of lineup combos.

• lukemiller42

im going to put every name I originally like at a glance on this list right now so that when I enter 5 lineups this week I can go back to this and say you idiot make sure 3/5 have pretty much all these guys:

- big ben (home vs chiefs)

- Stafford (49ers pass defense seems suspect)

- tyrod (such run upside vs bad saints defense playing from far behind)

- blaine gabbert (4700 at home vs a team that is tough vs the run and bad vs the pass…blaine has 19 fantasy pts vs jaguars last year so really its not a matter of matchup only pricing, ill have like some teams with him in a shootout and some with Texans defense)

- kamara (could see saints running it up after that horrible first loss and this ticks the boxes)

- gurley (Arizona looks terrible)

- connor (probably too cheap if hes an 8k value back)

- McCoy (home cheap, off a bad game, vs heavily owned but overrated defense, had 28 fantasy pts last year in this matchup vs a better defense and with the qb throwing 5 ints)

- burkhead (4400 much better matchup, everyone will use jags rb but I expect pats to win this game)

- Antonio brown after a loss at home without bell feels like a must have

- Hopkins if the game shoots out

- keenan allen (could see ball being spread out but I watched this game in full, bills defense looked completely inept vs guys running any type of route that wasn’t deep down the field.

- Emmanuel sanders (way too cheap)

- ryan grant revenge narrative

- the entire crew of lions/49ers (pierre garcon, golden tate, danta pettis specifically I suppose)

- geranimo Allison if Rodgers plays

- godwin if desean is out

- bet Watson vs Cleveland

- kittle (good for the game stack too)

- eagles defense possibly

- Texans def vs blaine on any team where u don’t use blaine gabber

- Vikings defense if Rodgers cant play next week

- bills defense vs rivers in September with expectations

the guys NOBODY will mention by week’s end with ability to win the slate: keelan cole, Sammy Watkins, tajee sharpe. but really it could be anybody. i’ll take a gander at cj anderson

• scott33

@lukemiller42 said...

- ryan grant revenge narrative

My favorite cheap cheap WR this week, watched the Indy-Cincy game & Luck likes going to him.

• Supanice

The tighter pricing will be better for everyone.

I am still tilted to all hell that buck Allen and the 3rd string guy were given goal line TDS over my most owned player, Collins.

• Brandon6385

@Falconsfan101 said...

Miller looked GREAT on Sunday, Stupid TD stealing Alfred Blue..

• Falconsfan101

@Brandon6385 said...

Miller looked GREAT on Sunday, Stupid TD stealing Alfred Blue..

I thought so too. Almost 100 yards and a hair short of 5 YPC. If that was him on that TD, he gets 21 ftpts. Not bad considering Watson looked bad most the game. 20 touches again as a 3-down back in a better matchup at $5,400. Could do a lot worse.

• Brandon6385

@Falconsfan101 said...

I thought so too. Almost 100 yards and a hair short of 5 YPC. If that was him on that TD, he gets 21 ftpts. Not bad considering Watson looked bad most the game. 20 touches again as a 3-down back in a better matchup at $5,400. Could do a lot worse.

Couldn’t agree more.. dude isn’t flashy, but always seems to get it. Adding a few catches will only help.

• econbrah11

Pricing is still way too soft on FD. I can easily fit Kamara/Conner/AB and have pretty decent options at TE and QB.

• jsteele1020

I just can’t help wondering how much of winning tournaments is pure luck. I didn’t hear a word all week about Fitzpatrick and he won a dude $1 million.

Meanwhile I start Alex Collins because everybody is on him.

I am just game stacking this week.

• sox9

@Supanice said...

The tighter pricing will be better for everyone.

I am still tilted to all hell that buck Allen and the 3rd string guy were given goal line TDS over my most owned player, Collins.

you can’t fumble the ball w/Harbaugh, esp. if you have a history of fumbling the ball.

• keephustlincuz

@econbrah11 said...

Pricing is still way too soft on FD. I can easily fit Kamara/Conner/AB and have pretty decent options at TE and QB.

I can see that this will be a popular build this week with the soft pricing.

Kamara/connor/ab. Tyrod and Landry.

No problem at all to fit those 3.

• thedkexperience

@keephustlincuz said...

I can see that this will be a popular build this week with the soft pricing.

Kamara/connor/ab. Tyrod and Landry.

No problem at all to fit those 3.

I landed on Kamara, Connor, and Tyrod in about 74 seconds this morning. That’s gotta be the most likely early build for cash … and GPPs.

• keephustlincuz

@thedkexperience said...

I landed on Kamara, Connor, and Tyrod in about 74 seconds this morning. That’s gotta be the most likely early build for cash … and GPPs.

Agree. Depending on what happens tonight you may see people moving toward Keenum and Sanders later in the week for gpps.

• tdn316

Any thoughts on running Gordon/Ekeler in the same lineup for 11.8K on DK against BUF this week?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.