1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 8 ) at New Orleans ( -8 ) —- T: 50
    4:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 10.5 ) at LA Rams ( -10.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Detroit ( 3 ) at San Francisco ( -3 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 4.5 ) at Denver ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( -2 ) at Jacksonville ( 2 ) —- T: 45
    8:20 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) —- T: 44

Monday, 9/17
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@CleverGroom said...

Looks like I lost about $140 on the week. Coulda been worse. Coulda been a profit, if Russ doesn’t throw that last TD.

Ah well. On to Cleveland.

I’m going to be all over that game. Browns are going to lose that one definitely.

• sox9

@sox9 said...

I like the idea of a Tribusky and Anthony Miller combo. Then I can have a “Mitch/Miller?” stack. Everyone follow the bouncing (foot)ball and sing along!

Wasn’t a joke and good enough to cash in the 50:50s!

• CleverGroom

@DaBum2012 said...

I’m going to be all over that game. Browns are going to lose that one definitely.

Why?

• keephustlincuz

@sox9 said...

so unpredictable. Think Clever had some stats a week ago that would say that is pretty rare. WOnder how many people experience a total loss w/zero return in the Showdown format vs. playing a regular main slate LU? Bet it is pretty high.

You are correct. Showdown is a lottery ticket and rake maker. Nothing more. Don’t waste your research time on it. Play a couple for fun. Save the time and money for Sunday.

• Jantz34

Well – that last second chalk TD brought me to 1st – one bullet in several DK GPPs. What a night.

• mtdurham

@Jantz34 said...

Well – that last second chalk TD brought me to 1st – one bullet in several DK GPPs. What a night.

Congrats man…. love showdown.. you can win if you pick the right players….

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@mtdurham said...

Congrats man…. love showdown.. you can win if you pick the right players….

hmmm, I thought that was how dfs worked in general?

• AVivier

Browns D is gonna destroy the Jets O. It’s gonna be another ugly game Thursday.

• mtdurham

@damionismyname said...

hmmm, I thought that was how dfs worked in general?

maybe… but there are a hell of a lot less players in showdown. You dont get run down by the collective field monster as easily

• Messiah717

@mtdurham said...

maybe… but there are a hell of a lot less players in showdown. You dont get run down by the collective field monster as easily

The problem is that with only one game there’s a ton of duplicate lineups at every pay level.

• superjon

@AVivier said...

Thursday night games are for the most part…always ugly.

• depalma13

@AVivier said...

You are sadly mistaken.

• ASitar

@ASitar said...

Bears opened at -3 and now at -4.5 with almost 60% of the public money on Seattle. Looks the same as the Cincy/Baltimore game. Maybe it’s the Baldein injury. I’m leaning Chi D with Russell, but with my other players I have to use Janikowski. Hopefully he has a few more 50-yarders in him. With a 43 point total it’s looking like a 23-17 type of game in favor of Chicago.

Also, Chi is worse vs the slot so I’ll have more Lockett than Marshall.

I should have bet the Bears rather than play DFS last night (off by a point in my analysis). Only cashed one LU in the quarter. I had a lot of the right pieces, but too much Howard and Cohen. On to Thursday!

• DaBum2012

@CleverGroom said...

Why?

Browns are a joke and if you live in Cleveland long enough, you’ll see! We’re used to then losing.

• ecb34

@BIF said...

Bears are 4.5pt favorites in Vegas so that helps the theory why they are more expensive BUT you are missing the point that this salary is for DST Fantasy scoring. The Bears have a very good pass rush (for Sack points) and have been opportunistic with the other things that count for fantasy scoring (INTs, Fumb Rec, Defensive TDs, Kick/Punt Return TDs and Blocked Kicks/Punts).

I think they are priced appropriately – the Bears D played well last week (both in real life and in fantasy with sacks/turnovers and a TD) and if their idiot coach doesn’t throw on 3rd and 1; they don’t allow the duo of Rodgers/Cobb to connect for the last TD further improving their fantasy score.

Seattle meanwhile gave up 27 points to Denver; couldn’t stop Manny Sanders and also got run over by a couple rookie RBs.

Again, besides a biased mind of what Seattle used to be, I don’t see a reason (aside from game theory) why the Bears D isn’t a better play.

It’s almost like they knew Seattle’s O line wouldn’t be able to stop them. Man, they looked bad. Funny how hindsight works because that seems to obvious.

• Jantz34

Historically yes. Hue Jackson, yes.

But, I think we are finally forming an identity around this defense. With appropriate coaching on the front end – and the potential of Baker Mayfield – I think you’re seeing the turn around.

• DaBum2012

@Jantz34 said...

Historically yes. Hue Jackson, yes.

But, I think we are finally forming an identity around this defense. With appropriate coaching on the front end – and the potential of Baker Mayfield – I think you’re seeing the turn around.

My grandmother can turn around faster in her hoveround faster than the Browns could, lol! They’ve been rebuilding since 2006 and still can’t get it right. Plus, we see the old 1-15 (2016) and 0-16 (2017) year players on our rosters. We got bad coaches, mediocre at best players with maybe 1-2 good players, a horrible front office, and a bad owner. The jets are going to walk all over them. I could see the score now. 50-7, lol!

• Spartaca

Week 2 DK pickem tourney all one person had to do was make a tweet and it would have been worth $15,000. 3 people picked 15 for 1500 to split $15,000 but all one of them had to do was tweet out the contest for 20 points, or share on facebook for another 20 points, or just watch 3 videos for 20 points, it’s really random that someone could win based off a tweet or watching a video but those 3 have to really look at that as an oh shit moment.

https://live.draftkings.com/games/team-pickem-football/?utm_medium=display&utm_source=draftkings&utm_campaign=nfl-pickem-2018&utm_content=marquee-lobby-featured

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).