1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 8 ) at New Orleans ( -8 ) —- T: 50
    4:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 10.5 ) at LA Rams ( -10.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Detroit ( 3 ) at San Francisco ( -3 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 4.5 ) at Denver ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( -2 ) at Jacksonville ( 2 ) —- T: 45
    8:20 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) —- T: 44

Monday, 9/17
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sox9

@keephustlincuz said...

I can see that this will be a popular build this week with the soft pricing.

Kamara/connor/ab. Tyrod and Landry.

No problem at all to fit those 3.

kamara/connor/AB will be the most popular stack this week worked back w/Tyreek and Ben at QB—-and so I will have none of it. I may have some of the individual players in various other LUs, but that stack is going to be universally owned giving you only a couple of slots to differentiate from the crowd.

• thedkexperience

@sox9 said...

kamara/connor/AB will be the most popular stack this week worked back w/Tyreek and Ben at QB—-and so I will have none of it. I may have some of the individual players in various other LUs, but that stack is going to be universally owned giving you only a couple of slots to differentiate from the crowd.

You only need a few spots to be different. If 6/9ths of your team is 33% owned (which it won’t be on a main slate) and you got the 3 other players at 11%, 4% and 0.7% you’ll be plenty different.

• sox9

@jsteele1020 said...

I just can’t help wondering how much of winning tournaments is pure luck. I didn’t hear a word all week about Fitzpatrick and he won a dude $1 million.

Meanwhile I start Alex Collins because everybody is on him.

I am just game stacking this week.

you should play the guys you don’t hear a word on all week. That is why this thread is worth monitoring. That is not to say there isn’t some other really insightful stuff here too, there is. Just if you do your own research and you like a guy who is hardly mentioned here (e.g. Fitzpatrick, Flacco as opposed to Rivers, Dalton, Brady)—-then of course play him in a couple LUs. With everyone running AB, Connor, Kmara and Tyreek it’s the only way you are gonna get an edge.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@tdn316 said...

Any thoughts on running Gordon/Ekeler in the same lineup for 11.8K on DK against BUF this week?

Or you can play both Williams WRs and pay up at RB

• Trappist1

@jsteele1020 said...

I just can’t help wondering how much of winning tournaments is pure luck. I didn’t hear a word all week about Fitzpatrick and he won a dude $1 million.

Meanwhile I start Alex Collins because everybody is on him.

I am just game stacking this week.

Absolutely there is an element of luck, let alone us the DFS players even the coaches and players in field are affected by randomness. What you want to is do homework and try to benefit when a certain situation arises. There is a herd like mentality in DFS and Tampa beating the Saints in the manner they did is a minor upset. It was not a Buster Douglas knock out Mike Tyson stuff. In short, there is some luck but it is not all pure luck. Look at who the winner in the milly maker has as late swaps in the later games, Reed and Sanders. Mix of obvious and overlooked plays is the formula for winning tournaments.

• sox9

@sox9 said...

you should play the guys you don’t hear a word on all week. That is why this thread is worth monitoring. That is not to say there isn’t some other really insightful stuff here too, there is. Just if you do your own research and you like a guy who is hardly mentioned here (e.g. Fitzpatrick, Flacco as opposed to Rivers, Dalton, Brady)—-then of course play him in a couple LUs. With everyone running AB, Connor, Kmara and Tyreek it’s the only way you are gonna get an edge.

one or maybe two guys you don’t hear much about is probably about right, but I know hearing about that Kmara/AB/Connor +Tyreek stack all week is going to be tiresome

• sox9

@Trappist1 said...

Absolutely there is an element of luck, let alone us the DFS players even the coaches and players in field are affected by randomness. What you want to is do homework and try to benefit when a certain situation arises. There is a herd like mentality in DFS and Tampa beating the Saints in the manner they did is a minor upset. It was not a Buster Douglas knock out Mike Tyson stuff. In short, there is some luck but it is not all pure luck. Look at who the winner in the milly maker has as late swaps in the later games, Reed and Sanders. Mix of obvious and overlooked plays is the formula for winning tournaments.

BIF as I recall also made the relevant point that having one guy nearly across the board in your LUs exposes you to incredible risk even if you think Kmara or Gurley or Connor are “must-haves”. I realize everyone probably knows that but I have to remind myself of it—-Olsen and Delanie and Aaron Rodgers re-shreshed my memory yesterday

• sox9

@Unico10 said...

Or you can play both Williams WRs and pay up at RB

I like Mike

• Trappist1

@sox9 said...

The best thing about NFL is with have a good week to do the homework, so at least a day should be for reading or listening to game week recaps with a notebook at hand. Those with trained eyes will notice some trends that are worth monitoring, if you do not see these trends get talked up a lot then even more incentive to dig deeper to get more information.

• ChargerDodger

A lot of RB’s are underpriced on Fanduel. Dalvin Cook and LeSean McCoy are in good spots this week. And I’m heavy on Matt Breida and George Kittle this week.

• thedkexperience

We all know Fitzpatrick stinks. But like posted earlier he is “exciting terrible” as opposed to “boring terrible”. ET guys are capable of amazing feats but the reason why they are not 9k is because they have an extraordinarily low basement. They make for perfect GPP winners … and 90% of the time they make for spectacular failures. The crazy thing is that you can somehow win a Super Bowl with these guys by sacrificing the right virgin (see Foles, Flacco and Eli) but they will make you throw up riding their roller coaster. Fitzpatrick is likely the least talented of any of these guys and will get smashed by the regression hammer within his next 8 quarters.

Boring terrible guys are those cash game QBs who you think make for good plays until you end up with 15 points from your QB and losing with 127 points.

Most days you have to choose which type of terrible QB you want to use in DFS. Most of the time it is a bad or boring (meaning also bad) choice. Every once in a while you backdoor your way into FITZMAGIC or Foles throwing 7 TDs.

• Trappist1

@thedkexperience said...

We all know Fitzpatrick stinks. But like posted earlier he is “exciting terrible” as opposed to “boring terrible”. ET guys are capable of amazing feats but the reason why they are not 9k is because they have an extraordinarily low basement. They make for perfect GPP winners … and 90% of the time they make for spectacular failures. The crazy thing is that you can somehow win a Super Bowl with these guys by sacrificing the right virgin (see Foles, Flacco and Eli) but they will make you throw up riding their roller coaster. Fitzpatrick is likely the least talented of any of these guys and will get smashed by the regression hammer within his next 8 quarters.

Boring terrible guys are those cash game QBs who you think make for good plays until you end up with 15 points from your QB and losing with 127 points.

Most days you have to choose which type of terrible QB you want to use in DFS. Most of the time it is a bad or boring (meaning also bad) choice. Every once in a while you backdoor your way into FITZMAGIC or Foles throwing 7 TDs.

Yes, players with a higher standard deviation are hard to trust but on the days they boom they are tailor-made for GPP’s. Only 1.3% of the field from 284,000 people picked Fitzpatrick and that is amazing. How many games have Saint’s been involved in shoot-out when they play at their home stadium ? Doubt we will see another excellent leverage spot on the field like this again this season as salary pricing is going to get tighter and information saturation goes into over drive.

This leads me into my second observation which is contrarian/left field thinking does not come easily. We get swayed by crowds and want to conform. We do not want to standout and look stupid. I need to spend more time to get better at going against the grain.

• parrothead112

How can you get all those guys and get anybody else?

• lineupofpeace

Watson to Hopkins/Fuller could be interesting – they annihilated the Titans last year and few people will be on them after they busted in week 1 and with all the attention on KC/PIT and NO/CLE

• Mjfritz07

@tdn316 said...

Any thoughts on running Gordon/Ekeler in the same lineup for 11.8K on DK against BUF this week?

Certainly could be a monster. Buffalo is absolutely terrible. Toss in Chargers D too.

• keephustlincuz

@parrothead112 said...

How can you get all those guys and get anybody else?

Which guys?

• Dunzor

@lineupofpeace said...

Watson to Hopkins/Fuller could be interesting – they annihilated the Titans last year and few people will be on them after they busted in week 1 and with all the attention on KC/PIT and NO/CLE

The problem is that their O-Line is way worse now than it was last year when Watson was going off giving him less time to develop plays. He has also played much better when Fuller is active, so that could be a key difference. My initial thought was that I like Watson in this spot, but then I started to realize that was based too much on last year’s highs

• econbrah11

Keep an eye on the Falcons D. Very cheap and the Panthers lost Olsen and probably another starter on their already depleted o-line. Cam Newton also has a 1.2 td/int ratio in his career vs the Falcons.

• mnstone14

@tdn316 said...

eckler gets a role but gordon gets the lions share. 15 carries to five and 13 targets to 5, just go gordon imo.

• guitardude82

Well I entered one entry the Milly Maker this past weekend, that is usually all I do. I the Dalton, Hunt, David Johnson, Green, Amendola, Walker, ASJ, NE DS/T. I was so disappointed in the my RB’s!

I’m anxious to see where the owner % projections will be with Tyreek Hill, he was kind of my sleeper pick this weekend in a couple of contest, but I don’t know what will happen this week with everyone seeing his beastmode right away. Is there a Hunt comeback as well?

I think a chunk of my stacks will come from the chiefs QB/WR this week. Thoughts?

• parrothead112

Ben, Conner, Kamara and AB. Doesn’t leave much money left over

• TopDawgs07

It probably can’t be said enough either, that Week 1 was just that, one week. Don’t go crazy because of one week, we have 16 left.

• hobbes2d

@TopDawgs07 said...

It probably can’t be said enough either, that Week 1 was just that, one week. Don’t go crazy because of one week, we have 16 left.

Now now clearly Ryan Fitzpatrick will be league MVP.

• noddy

Who are the Jets WR1 and WR2 tonight?

• Dunzor

@noddy said...

Who are the Jets WR1 and WR2 tonight?

Brandon Marshall & Eric Decker…..oh wait…was that the last time the Jets had relevance?

Most of the Monday night discussion is over in the Week 1 thread but it’s likely Robby Anderson & Quincy Enunwa

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).