1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 8 ) at New Orleans ( -8 ) —- T: 50
    4:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 10.5 ) at LA Rams ( -10.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Detroit ( 3 ) at San Francisco ( -3 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 4.5 ) at Denver ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( -2 ) at Jacksonville ( 2 ) —- T: 45
    8:20 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3.5 ) at Dallas ( -3.5 ) —- T: 44

Monday, 9/17
    8:15 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• callmetouch

@NYGfan1983 said...

whys that?

Everyone’s hyped up on Adrian Peterson

• NDNole

I want to be sneaky and play Lamar in the showdown but i cant make myself do it knowing he will only get maybe 4 touches in gimmick plays. But he could break one. Im going to be ticked if that happens.

• NYGfan1983

@callmetouch said...

Everyone’s hyped up on Adrian Peterson

so be it

• NYGfan1983

Thompson going to go to work too

• NDNole

@theghostofveebs said...

Frank rocks. In fact, he gets his own category. Best Nickname EVER. The Inconvenient Truth.

Imagine if he didnt get hurt while with the canes. People underestimate just how great this guy is and how much more great he could have been. He must be way off the charts to be so good for so long with those injuries.

• IronMonkey415

Mixon in the captain spot for me.
    Should share the Wealth with everyone else.

• NYGfan1983

@NDNole said...

Imagine if he didnt get hurt while with the canes. People underestimate just how great this guy is and how much more great he could have been. He must be way off the charts to be so good for so long with those injuries.

just a good ol fashion down hill runner between the guards and tackles

Frank good

• CleverGroom

@mnstone14 said...

to cite a one week sample from pff is wrong, period.

The trouble with NFL rookies in week 2 is that a 1-week sample is all we’ve got.

Instead of fretting about that epistemic quandary, please present a substantive counterargument where you disagree. Would love to consider a larger set of data if you’ve got it.

• NYGfan1983

Dunno about Captain Mode

I got 2 LUs $10

my captains are J.Brown / AJ

have some mixon craby snead
    maybe maxx williams gets a sneaky td

• CleverGroom

@econbrah11 said...

The Panthers have not let any player hit 100 rushing yards in the last 21 games. I think Tevin Coleman is a full fade this week.

I’m closer to this than I am to liking the Coleman play. There’s too many alternatives that have much more appealing matchups and equally secure workloads (at least as I’m reading the games—a guy like Dion Lewis could technically lose out to Derrick Henry but I’ll believe the Titans blowout game script when I see it).

I have a lot of respect for the CAR D, and CMC is a perfect weapon to exploit the weaknesses of the ATL D. I don’t really see why ATL is still favored by a TD here.

Also bracing myself for the moment when Ito Smith takes the field and millions of voices suddenly cry out in terror, then are suddenly silenced. #LUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE

• baseballislife93

Prediction Lamar jackson is in winning lineup

• NDNole

@baseballislife93 said...

ZI keep going back and forth on that ugh

• thedkexperience

@NYGfan1983 said...

Thompson going to go to work too

I’m now thinking of playing Smith, Reed and both Skins backs.

I mean … it is the Colts.

• thedkexperience

• zline34

I predict he touches the ball once,.

• baseballislife93

@zline34 said...

I predict he touches the ball once,.

99 yard TD run

• Trappist1

Enjoy reading it while Showdown is on. Must bookmark for anyone that asked about weekly recaps. https://www.blog.sportsdatadirect.com/2018/09/12/draftkings-week-1-recap/?utm_source=reddit

• ASitar

Ya’ll better have John Ross in you’re LU.

4 receptions, 5 targets, 106 yards, 1 TD.

• CleverGroom

@deeebo said...

also – what is everyone doing for Defense this week on FD? is jets ok?

They didn’t even make my first-pass list. I think that’s a bit of a trap.

The good news is that Ryan Tannehill isn’t good and Todd Bowles and his secondaries are. The bad news is that the Jets were a bottom-5 pass rushing operation last week. It was hard to tell in the context of the chaos at Ford Field, but they went into that game with questions about the pass rush and left without any good answers. I don’t want to roster bad pass rushing units, as a rule.

I’m still way behind on DSTs, partly because of injury scenarios still playing out. If Ole Sad Eyes misses, you smash MIN DST into your lineups and call it a day. Nuk has a foot injury and the next 3 WRs behind him in HOU all have hamstrings, plus their OL is only getting worse. The Bills are free in an early home start against a west coast team fielding a backup RT and a QB who’s good for at least one pick. PIT DST offers radical leverage. Still a big field for me.

• theghostofveebs

@ASitar said...

Ya’ll better have John Ross in you’re LU.

4 receptions, 5 targets, 106 yards, 1 TD.

Nah…that would be John BROWN.

• KindGuy

My showdown lineup for tonight is incredibly chalky and I’m totally okay with it.

• TommyWantWingy33

Really like my team but think it will be chalk city. Everyone playing 2 kicker/defense tonight for showdown?

• Trappist1

@elementasrat said...

My showdown lineup for tonight is incredibly chalky and I’m totally okay with it.

That is fine, you chop it with 5-10 people hopefully. :)

• Playtaw1n

I feel like the falcons/panthers game is getting extremely overlooked for stacks and it’s a super easy one to make. Ryan w/Julio and maybe Coleman/Ridley/Sanu coming back with cmac. Granted Ryan did look bad last week but it was also against one of the toughest group of pass rushers in football. Gets a softer matchup here, at home against an awful secondary that didn’t even get tested last week. Panthers offensive line is even more abysmal likely being without Trai Turner this week but I don’t think that affects cmac that much anyways because he’s going to crush in the pass game.

Rams/Cards: I really think you’ll need at least one of the rams receivers to win this week. I’ll be rolling with cooks the most. Not worried about PP as quick burner receivers has been his Achilles heal in the past. Also like coming back with DJ. Should be a lot of quick passes to DJ and I wasn’t impressed at all with the tackling I seen for the rams.

Tight end looks easy this week as I can’t imagine playing anyone besides Reed and Kittle.

Defense: like the packers a lot. As clever stated this is a much different defense and that minny oline is real bad. I wasn’t really impressed with cousins against an abysmal 49ers defense and this will certainly be a tougher matchup.

For lineups where I need the salary I’m not reluctant to playing the Bucs defense either. Watching on the status on grimes and JPP but Foles is bad, Ertz played the worst game of his life last week and maybe this Tampa team has some juice.

Also as all the smart people have already said. James Connor should be a lock for us all.

• Trappist1

@NDNole said...

I want to be sneaky and play Lamar in the showdown but i cant make myself do it knowing he will only get maybe 4 touches in gimmick plays. But he could break one. Im going to be ticked if that happens.

Someone won a soccer showdown by playing Bale for Real Madrid in the champions league final and he came on from the subs bench to score two goals. Go for it, to take that top prize in showdown we need a line-up that is a bit odd to start with. Rather win the top prize once, than win to chop it with others a few times.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).