1:00 PM EST : New England ( -14.5 ) at Miami ( 14.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at Tennessee ( -3 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( -9 ) at Oakland ( 9 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Chicago ( (Pick) ) at Denver ( (Pick) ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3 ) at LA Rams ( -3 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Philadelphia ( (Pick) ) at Atlanta ( (Pick) ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 16th
    8:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -1 ) at NY Jets ( 1 ) —- T: 46

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• JSteele

Is Oakland going to be considered a good defense going forward because of what they did week 1? They still gave up 6 throws of 20+ and 1 of 40+…

ON 21 Completions.

Can’t wait for Mahomes/Watkins/Hardman/Kelce to dismantle them

• thedkexperience

@hobbes2d said...

Omg they’re both bad QBs. One plays in Andy Reid’s system essentially except with NOT Andy Reid as his playcaller. The other plays in a crappier version of Kyle Shanahan’s offense except with not Shanahan as his playcaller. Both are bad.

At least Flacco is somewhat more poised under pressure and can more accurately place a ball down the field to his receivers to make a play. All Trubisky can do is airmail it over Allen Robinson head when he’s wide open.

Yes they both stink, but Flacco has zero upside and his “poise” led to 12 INTs in 9 starts while Trubisky “airmailed” 12 INTs in 14 starts. Trubisky even complete 66% vs Flacco’s 61%. And you even pointed out how the Bears run a more fantasy friendly system.

Bears dismantle Denver this week.

• js5734

maybe TE’s vs Arizona will become a thing – Im looking at marc andrews this week

• monarch

@hobbes2d said...

Certainly wasn’t surprising Scangarello was bad in his first game ever calling plays in an NFL game. This is what happens when NFL teams keep trying to find the next Sean McVay when there’s literally only one of them in existence. They’re hiring young coaches with little experience and virtually position coaches who have never called plays at this level.

They wanted Kubiak and settled with Scangarello who is from the Shanahan coaching tree.

It doesn’t look like a great fit when your best mismatch (Philip Lindsay) is not utilized properly and just an ordinary back caught in a committee.

• monarch

@JSteele said...

Is Oakland going to be considered a good defense going forward because of what they did week 1? They still gave up 6 throws of 20+ and 1 of 40+…

ON 21 Completions.

Can’t wait for Mahomes/Watkins/Hardman/Kelce to dismantle them

Why would they be?

• mike42

@thedkexperience said...

And you guys are ignoring the complete turd the Broncos OC laid last night. TE reverse play 1 in the script. Swinging gate at the 5 yard line during a drive where they were grabbing chunks by just doing basic stuff.

Trubisky had a 95 QB rating as a 2nd year starter. Flacco has never had a rating that high in his career. One QB is a young guy who had a 6 TD game last year. The other guy got benched and watched his team finish 6-1 despite their QB throwing with his feet.

Flacco is Eli level bad. Trubisky is a bit up and down. It’s not even close. I’m not playing either guy but the Bears have a much better QB.

Fangio never stood on the sideline to coach in his life. I think it takes away from his ability to play call D’s. Honestly, both D’s are not bad plays. Bears had 10 days to lick their chops, Den will have 5. That should help. The thing is after how last week turned out and the fact that Everyone watched BEARS and DEN games , I don’t think many will pay up for the Bears while DEN might be chalky based on price/opponent/Fangio. Den has 3 really good players on D, Bears have 8-9. Hard to imagine this game being high scoring or clean. Think both teams mess up but the bears are more likely to get a Def TD.

• ASitar

@mike42 said...

Over history, if you bet on the team that lost by a LOT and bet against the team that won by a lot when they played each other the following week you would end up winning a majority of the time. NE coming off SNF blowout going to MIA coming off a 50 pt loss says play some MIA guys.

I don’t know man. I live in S Florida and there’s not much hope from the team. Players want out of Miami (not that they can go anywhere) and local sports radio is calling them “collegiate level players”. Human nature, if the work environment sucks and morale is low not much gets done. I just can’t see how this game is close. 27-6 at halftime and something like 51-13 final.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

Why would they be?

Because they didn’t give up 40 points like we are used to. I don’t know, I heard someone say they looked like a good defensive team earlier and was wondering what the public opinion was.

• Ace15

Lions/Chargers Stack. We just watched 60yr old Fitz tear up DET from the slot…now Keenan Allen gets his turn. Slay is going to lockdown Mike Williams. Ekler is basically in the DJ role. Stack that with TJ/KG/MJJ and you’re looking nice.

• mike42

@ASitar said...

I don’t know man. I live in S Florida and there’s not much hope from the team. Players want out of Miami (not that they can go anywhere) and local sports radio is calling them “collegiate level players”. Human nature, if the work environment sucks and morale is low not much gets done. I just can’t see how this game is close. 27-6 at halftime and something like 51-13 final.

I’m thinking (hoping) for a 58-31 type game. Believer in Pats D but maybe Fitzmagic has some magic left in him. Basically, a blow out but more like a college type blowout.

• Zwalt83

What about AD this week with Guice injured

• monarch

@JSteele said...

Because they didn’t give up 40 points like we are used to. I don’t know, I heard someone say they looked like a good defensive team earlier and was wondering what the public opinion was.

The improvement began last season. They are better than public opinion on both sides of the ball but the public is not very informed on the Raiders because every talking head/tout trashes them because it is popular to do so.

It doesn’t matter who the Chiefs play. You will never get leverage on the field in a 150 GPP unless you max enter and go nuts with Mahommes stacks. They will always get ownership.

• Ace15

@Zwalt83 said...

What about AD this week with Guice injured

Thompson, lock for min 15pts @ 3900. Dallas should be ahead.

• AVivier

@ASitar said...

Yeah, Miami does seem historically bad and I don’t put much stock in past stats between these teams. Like we’ve had 0-16 teams, but even the Lions were competitive in like 10 of those. It’s hard to see Miami being competitive even against teams like the Jets this year.

• mike42

BTW- Kamara at 8200 is a value. Rams don’t care about stopping the run. It’s a Wade thing. Maybe even a cheat code with Kamara and Lat. EIther way, Kamara is a lock this week.. I think SUH being gone helps too. He was a beast late last year until he got paid this year.

• Zwalt83

Watkins won’t have another week 1, I like the rest but I don’t see it with Watkins but who am I.

• pheffernan7

For anyone under estimating the significance of Denver’s altitude and their home field advantage early in the season:

Since 1970 @ Home in weeks 1-2 they are 51-8-2 (83%)

Since 2000 @ Home in weeks 1-2 they are 22-1-0 (96%)

• thedkexperience

@ASitar said...

Even if Miami were to go 0-16, they would beat Clemson by 60 points.

Ok … 40, but still. Anyone who gives the college team would beat the pro team argument can essentially be ignored as a talking head who spits nonsense.

• Zwalt83

I agree I had Hollywood Brown, and D. Jackson in my line up listened to some guy and changed my mind and replaced with Snead and Jeffery still cashed but would of been a lot more had I stuck to my original line up.

• AVivier

@mike42 said...

BTW- Kamara at 8200 is a value. Rams don’t care about stopping the run. It’s a Wade thing. Maybe even a cheat code with Kamara and Lat. EIther way, Kamara is a lock this week.. I think SUH being gone helps too. He was a beast late last year until he got paid this year.

Can’t believe he’s so cheap. CMC just broke the slate in the same spot.

• thedkexperience

@JSteele said...

Keep in mind that 90% of the east coast was asleep for the Oakland game. The knee-jerk to Oakland being a good D won’t be as hard as if it was a 7 PM start like the Saints game.

• econbrah11

@mike42 said...

100%. CMC had over 200 yards from scrimmage + 2 TDs last week vs the Rams. Kamara is a must play in cash imo.

• NDNole

Houston Defense should be in play with mincew at QB. He held up nice against the chiefs but the Texans will have a week to prepare and he is still a rookie. Seems like your standard attack the rookie play to me. He pressed it down the field more than I thought he would when given a chance though and did well. Not a strong arm, could be some picks in play.

• NDNole

No Kamara no cash this week lol. Ok ok maybe you’ll still cash but you aren’t winning.

• thedkexperience

@monarch said...

The improvement began last season. They are better than public opinion on both sides of the ball but the public is not very informed on the Raiders because every talking head/tout trashes them because it is popular to do so.

It doesn’t matter who the Chiefs play. You will never get leverage on the field in a 150 GPP unless you max enter and go nuts with Mahommes stacks. They will always get ownership.

Spot on with the talking head statement. They focus hardcore on 3 things …

- popular major market teams – popular QBs – total train wrecks

Due to AB and the perennial losing – not to mention Gruden being more famous for being Gruden than a coach at this point – the Raiders have become an easy target. I’d venture a guess that most of the “experts” couldn’t name more than 4 Raiders. They have improved. They still aren’t good yet and KC should put up 40 but there is way more talent than you’d imagine if you only listened to talk shows.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).