1:00 PM EST : New England ( -14.5 ) at Miami ( 14.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3 ) at Tennessee ( -3 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( -9 ) at Oakland ( 9 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Chicago ( (Pick) ) at Denver ( (Pick) ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( 3 ) at LA Rams ( -3 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Philadelphia ( (Pick) ) at Atlanta ( (Pick) ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 16th
    8:15 PM EST : Cleveland ( -1 ) at NY Jets ( 1 ) —- T: 46

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BigDaddy123

also a lock to break any one of his glass bones at any second

- was quoting the Thompson idea above, quote not working for me

• monarch

@NDNole said...

No Kamara no cash this week lol. Ok ok maybe you’ll still cash but you aren’t winning.

Well….the guy who just won ONE million dollars did not have Sammy Watkins and his 49 DK points

• thedkexperience

@pheffernan7 said...

For anyone under estimating the significance of Denver’s altitude and their home field advantage early in the season:

Since 1970 @ Home in weeks 1-2 they are 51-8-2 (83%)

Since 2000 @ Home in weeks 1-2 they are 22-1-0 (96%)

Touché! Good stat.

• NDNole

Im not playing a bunch of lineups this week. For some reason I want to play cody lattimer. It sure looked like they were trying to get him the ball. Shep was banged up. Not much wr depth. I thought manning didn’t look like his usual horrendous self. I’l probably have lattimer in my pool even if it ends in him getting weeded out.

• pheffernan7

@thedkexperience said...

Touché! Good stat.

Yeah I really didn’t come here to have everyone agree with me. I wanted to get challenged to see where my thought process was. The idea Denver could be chalky never crossed my mind though. Especially with the some of the offenses on the slate.

• NDNole

@monarch Yup you are right about that lol. I said that half in jest. But I do think kamara is going to go bananas. I also thought fournette would last week so it may not be worth a hill of beans what I think.

• mike42

@thedkexperience said...

Even if Miami were to go 0-16, they would beat Clemson by 60 points.

Ok … 40, but still. Anyone who gives the college team would beat the pro team argument can essentially be ignored as a talking head who spits nonsense.

Normally would agree but not in this case. Clemson has the better QB/Coach and that’s half the game right there. They might have a better line play. 1/3 of Clemson players would start ahead of Miami’s starters which means that physically they would not be over matched for the most part. Throw in that MIA has seemingly quit and it might be a game, you know?
    \
    Again, normally I would agree with you. But Clemson and ALAbama dominate draft boards every year and this MIA team was void of talent before they traded away their best player.

Heavy HOCKENSON.. guy is getting tons of targets at 3K. Should be 30-40% owned also. Jacobs 4700 Lock also. And of course KAMARA!

• mike42

@NDNole said...

@monarch Yup you are right about that lol. I said that half in jest. But I do think kamara is going to go bananas. I also thought fournette would last week so it may not be worth a hill of beans what I think.

Fournette is a solid play this week. Game stays close, he should get a lot of touches. Nobody behind him and Houston doesn’t look like a great run D anymore.

• pheffernan7

@NDNole said...

No Kamara no cash this week lol. Ok ok maybe you’ll still cash but you aren’t winning.

Hey I love Kamara this week too but if you want to be contrarian in tournaments…

Jared Cook had 12 tgts, 9 rec 180 yds vs the Rams last year. I know there’s more mouths to feed on the Saints but the Rams do funnel you underneath

• hobbes2d

@JSteele said...

Is Oakland going to be considered a good defense going forward because of what they did week 1? They still gave up 6 throws of 20+ and 1 of 40+…

ON 21 Completions.

Can’t wait for Mahomes/Watkins/Hardman/Kelce to dismantle them

They shouldn’t be until they provide a legitimate sample of games. Conley is their best corner and he nearly got paralyzed last night so that’s pretty significant. They did show real improvement though generating a pass rush with Arden Key finally looking like the guy who was once pegged as a potential top 10 pick before his last season at LSU where he disappeared into thin air. Also Lamarcus Joyner was a real upgrade for their secondary too.

But it was also just 1 game so they could still be bad and KC will definitely throttle them.

• AdamBski

@keephustlincuz said...

I believe the pivot from hackensack is Waller.

• Ace15

@NDNole said...

For some reason I want to play cody lattimer

On my radar as well, 3rd in Air yards behind Hopkins/Washington last week. Only problem is will he see Tre white…

• NDNole

@Mike You could take the best players from Clemson AND Bama and they would still get SMOKED by the dolphins. Every year the worst teams get dissed like this but the truth is these guys get paid for a reason and while those two teams have top level talent they aren’t yet pros who have done it for years. No way a college team gets within 4 TD’s of a pro team. I bet Clemson would struggle against a Canadian league team. It is what it is lol.

Back in the day they actually had college team of allstars play I think the super bowl winner and some of those games were close but that was a long long time ago.

• mike42

@pheffernan7 said...

Yeah I really didn’t come here to have everyone agree with me. I wanted to get challenged to see where my thought process was. The idea Denver could be chalky never crossed my mind though. Especially with the some of the offenses on the slate.

Bears scored 3 pts on monday night and QB looked scared. Not many obvious Def choices at 3k and below this week. I think DEN is THE chalk at D. Everyone hears that 100-1 stat at mile high early in the season. Every single podcast will mention it.

• hobbes2d

@Ace15 said...

Lions/Chargers Stack. We just watched 60yr old Fitz tear up DET from the slot…now Keenan Allen gets his turn. Slay is going to lockdown Mike Williams. Ekler is basically in the DJ role. Stack that with TJ/KG/MJJ and you’re looking nice.

Mike Williams is hurt. No clue what his status is for this week. But yeah IIRC Slay doesn’t shadow to the slot so Allen would be a smash play. Plus SD OLine is still in shambles so Rivers will be throwing tons of short passes to him and Ekeler.

• thedkexperience

@NDNole said...

Im not playing a bunch of lineups this week. For some reason I want to play cody lattimer. It sure looked like they were trying to get him the ball. Shep was banged up. Not much wr depth. I thought manning didn’t look like his usual horrendous self. I’l probably have lattimer in my pool even if it ends in him getting weeded out.

How much Eli do you watch? Honest question. I say this because while I trash Eli constantly, it’s not because he’s almost ever a train wreck. The problem with Eli is that even in 2019 for 90% of his throws he still looks like a good QB. The problem with him is that even as he approaches 40 years old he has never stopped making rookie mistakes on 10% of his attempts. Basically every start he’ll get a “Eli has completed his last 11 passes” graphic and then … bam … he throws it into triple coverage inexplicably. There will always be 3-5 throws he makes that are up for grabs and 25 throws where you go “you know what, maybe Eli isn’t as bad as …” before he turns back into a pumpkin.

Regardless, I expect a high completion percentage game that involves 20 throws to Engram/Barkley, 10 to assorted other Giants and 5 to the Bills chests. If they catch them the Bills win. If they don’t, Eli beats another mediocre team.

That’s Eli in 2019. He’s awful, but in a special kind of Eli awful way. He’s not Nate Peterman bad. Just bad enough to ruin your Sunday and make you think he wasn’t the problem, even though he is absolutely the problem.

• monarch

I’m a believer now in WR flex. Hell, the winning LU had a dud at WR and second place had a dud at WR. They score more points but are also far more variant than running backs. So I’ll look to pay up at RB, RB, TE and just get lucky with onslaughts…

How good would have Dak, CMC, Cook, Cooper, Gallup looked as a core last week? I think you could get a similar build this week with Josh Allen, John Brown

• NDNole

@thedkexperience 

I actually got a real life chuckle out of that statement you made. Pretty much encompassed exactly what eli is. But he can suck and still get lattmer 5-100-1. We all know eli could go 215-0-3 or 344-3-1 but most likely 244-1-2 that’s eli for ya.

• mike42

@NDNole said...

@Mike You could take the best players from Clemson AND Bama and they would still get SMOKED by the dolphins. Every year the worst teams get dissed like this but the truth is these guys get paid for a reason and while those two teams have top level talent they aren’t yet pros who have done it for years. No way a college team gets within 4 TD’s of a pro team. I bet Clemson would struggle against a Canadian league team. It is what it is lol.

Back in the day they actually had college team of allstars play I think the super bowl winner and some of those games were close but that was a long long time ago.

YOu are probably right but QB’s are coming to the NFL ready to play. Play calling and coaching mean more than they ever have and now you have NFL coaches copying college coaches for plays. The NFL is becoming like the college game. Between ALA and Clemson, you would have all these O and D line guys that are NFL ready. WR/LB would be the spots where you need experience but at a lot of these places, they be ready right now. 10-15 1-3 round talent including an NFL ready QB and I think they give MIA a game or close to it.

• hobbes2d

@mike42 said...

BTW- Kamara at 8200 is a value. Rams don’t care about stopping the run. It’s a Wade thing. Maybe even a cheat code with Kamara and Lat. EIther way, Kamara is a lock this week.. I think SUH being gone helps too. He was a beast late last year until he got paid this year.

Kamara in 3 career games vs Rams and Wade (includes last year’s playoffs):

2017 @LAR: 5-87-1 rushing and 6-101-1 receiving.

2018 vs LAR: 19-82-2 rushing and 4-34-1 receiving.

2018 playoffs vs LAR: 8-15 rushing and 11-96 receiving.

• Ace15

@monarch said...

Josh Allen, John Brown

I forced myself to watch that game last week. They’re going to have a monster game soon and I will not be late to the party.

• thedkexperience

@NDNole said...

@thedkexperience 

I actually got a real life chuckle out of that statement you made. Pretty much encompassed exactly what eli is. But he can suck and still get lattmer 5-100-1. We all know eli could go 215-0-3 or 344-3-1 but most likely 244-1-2 that’s eli for ya.

Haha, I grew up as a Giants fan, even had season tickets. As recently as 2011 I made the statement that he was my favorite player ever.

But as the years went by the shine of the Super Bowls wore off and then he got Coughlin fired. Then both Odell and McAdoo saved his career – look up the year over year stats. After a few years he got McAdoo fired. Then Odell. It was done years ago and I seemed like the only person on the Giants bandwagon who would admit it.

Anyway, I saw the writing on the wall and officially filed for a sports divorce from the Giants the day he got his job back after the 1 week benching. After the legal proceedings completed I can honestly say that having flings with Mahomes, Lamar or even Fitzmagic has helped me move forward with my life.

The Giants can keep Eli. They lost DK, which is ok, because I’ll always have gambling.

Side note – DFS is much easier when you don’t have a favorite team.

Side side note – before anyone says it, yes, if you can divorce your wife I can divorce my football team!

• NDNole

@thedkexperience

Lifelong Bear fan here. I will never divorce the bears. I don’t care if they go 0-16 5 years straight lol. Matter of fact im kinda disappointed in some of the bears fans commenting all doom and gloom after one week. Let the record stand that im on the Bear train no matter what. As for the giants, yeah I never was a fan of eli. He was just a guy who harnessed his inner best self at just the right moment at the biggest time in the superbowl. Cant downplay his clutch play but the fact is those giants defense’s during his run in the superbowls are what won him both games.

Eli is like the butterface girl who used to have a wonderful bod but you just knew it wouldn’t hold up over time. She was hot enough in her younger years to overcome her face but she hit the wall and that was that lol. He rode those superbowls and justly deserves praise for his part in winning them. But with those great throws were great catches etc… Anyways . BEARDOWN

• Supanice

@hobbes2d said...

Mike Williams is hurt. No clue what his status is for this week. But yeah IIRC Slay doesn’t shadow to the slot so Allen would be a smash play. Plus SD OLine is still in shambles so Rivers will be throwing tons of short passes to him and Ekeler.

This is the Travis Benjamin 3-125-2 week, book it baby.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).