1:00 PM EST : Buffalo ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) — T: 48.5
    4:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4.5 ) at Arizona ( -4.5 ) —- T: 51
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 13.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -13.5 ) —- T: 52
    4:25 PM EST : Tennessee ( 5.5 ) at Seattle ( -5.5 ) —- T: 53
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -2.5 ) —- T: 53
    8:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( -2.5 ) at Baltimore ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45

Monday, September 20th
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 10.5 ) at Green Bay ( -10.5 ) —- T: 48.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• BIF

Took Washington in a couple survivor pools – never a doubt 🙄

• miggs6876

What a wild game. Football is back!

• thedkexperience

@BIF said...

Haha never take an NFC East division game in that 🤣

• thedkexperience

Imagine being the Giants and trying to decide on paying Daniel Jones after that game. He’s gonna make 40 million a year isn’t he?

Fast Eli gonna get paid and they’ll never be able to afford a line for him or Saquon.

• BIF

@Skee said...

geez sucks to be that d lineman, the ultimate team game but the loss is basically completely his fault lol

Mistakes and penalties by Giants were numerous: – Slayton TD drop – 2 other offsides that final drive – holding on a Jones TD run that ended in a FG instead – illegal contact/PI on another drive

I wouldn’t want to be in the Giants film study meeting this week….

• thedkexperience

@miggs6876 said...

What a wild game. Football is back!

Seriously who had THAT GAME being as good or better than last Thursday’s game? Talking heads know nothing. Hell, no one does.

• ifthethunder

@BIF said...

I’m only in one, but same same.
    ~

• BIF

@thedkexperience said...

Haha never take an NFC East division game in that 🤣

True – I went 16 weeks last year in one and never took an NFC East team all year

It’s getting harder now to avoid every suspect unpredictable team with a 17 game and 18 week season. You still have to play a few .500 and sub .500 teams to go the distance.

• thedkexperience

@BIF said...

True – I went 16 weeks last year in one and never took an NFC East team all year

It’s getting harder now with a 17 game and 18 week season

People get caught thinking that the whole division sucks, which is true, so it’s predictable, which is untrue.

Any team in that division can and will play any team in the NFL down to the wire no matter if it’s Jacksonville at home or the Buccaneers on the road. They’ll probably lose in the end but not until you’ve questioned everything you thought was real for 3 hours first.

• emoney1214

I don’t like any running backs this week on fd.
    Leaning Carson and Harris. Any suggestions?

• AVPMVP

@HoodsFromTheWood said...

Twas three nights before week two and all thru the main slate,
    some will start Derek Carr cause he scored twenty eight.
    Their projections were made with the utmost of care,
    Jets D’s still high owned and the d0nut they’ll wear.

Some running backs will be nestled in tiers one two and three,
    yet some will get “smart” and start Larry Roundtree.
    With Mrs Hood in the kitchen and me in my cave,
    I’ll have no Zach Pascal in the lineups I save.

When kickoff comes Sunday no matter win lose or draw,
    whether the chalk busts or not I still won’t be sore.
    With Mrs Hoods world class chili and the“Marys” oh so red,
    at the end of the day I’m always ahead.

Bravo!

• Hjd29

That offsides cost me $175…was tied 21st in the giant $1 20 entry max but dropped to 98th after the kick

• nerman

@emoney1214 said...

I think it’s hard not to like Chubb and even Hunt. I think Jville made Houston look better than they are by not running the rock and they go back to being 2020 Houston… especially as injuries mount up early.

Zeke looks too cheap. If D Harris isn’t in BB’s doghouse I like him against the Jets. Ekeler could put up good numbers if he gets volume and some passes. The guy I haven’t zeroed in on yet is Montgomery. I’ll be taking a closer look at him today.

• winnerchickendinner

@nerman said...

I think it’s hard not to like Chubb and even Hunt. I think Jville made Houston look better than they are by not running the rock and they go back to being 2020 Houston… especially as injuries mount up early.

Zeke looks too cheap. If D Harris isn’t in BB’s doghouse I like him against the Jets. Ekeler could put up good numbers if he gets volume and some passes. The guy I haven’t zeroed in on yet is Montgomery. I’ll be taking a closer look at him today.

Agree with just about all of this aside from Elliot. Probably want to see the old version of him first before putting him in lineups again. Same thing as with Barkley last night.

• AVPMVP

@emoney1214 said...

Ekeler, Chubb, and Zeke are three of my favorites this week.

The contrarians are Singletary and Drake.

McDermott wasn’t happy about the lack of running game over the past few games going back to the playoffs. For better or for worse, I’m thinking he has Daboll mix in a little more Motor in this one against Miami.

Pittsburgh’s defense was lights out last week so I doubt many people will be on KD this weekend.

• squidkill

@AVPMVP said...

so I doubt many people will be on KD this weekend.

Or maybe just because he’s Kenyan Drake

• thedkexperience

@winnerchickendinner said...

Agree with just about all of this aside from Elliot. Probably want to see the old version of him first before putting him in lineups again. Same thing as with Barkley last night.

Barkley is way healthier than everyone is giving him credit for. It’s not the knee.

The difference is that he doesn’t have late career Eli Manning being scared as hell to throw it downfield checking down to him as his first option. He had 121 targets his rookie year! When Jones took over for 75% of 2019 his targets fell to 73 for the season. There’s a very real chance that Saquon never sniffs 121 targets in a season again and he honestly shouldn’t because you can’t check down that much and expect to get wins in the NFL.

As for the “well, if you take away the 41 yard run” stuff, that’s exactly who he has ALWAYS been. Most of his carries are dancing trash. Always have been. And the BAM! Saquon for 68 and a touchdown to save his yards per carry. For his whole career he only averages 15.7 carries a game because the Giants have never bothered to actually use him consistently in the run game. Unfortunately for his fantasy value they are still only giving him 15 carries a game but this time he isn’t getting 8 blind throws into the flat from a QB who can’t throw past the first down marker any more.

As for Zeke … he’ll be fine. I’m starting him with confidence in many places. I am not at all worried about what Tampa made him look like. It’s Tampa.

• TopDawgs07

BIF, have you decided on any lines other than the DAL/LAC Over? I was leaning Washington -3 but never placed the bet. I also am considering Dallas +3.5, KC -3.5, Chicago -2.5, Bills Money Line, and Car +3.5. I don’t know why, but I’m getting a little iffy on the KC and Buffalo bets.

• thedkexperience

I’m thinking about spending less on RB this week then any week of my life. Hunt and Gainwell with 4 stud WRs is calling me. Also like Williams from Denver and if I have room to pay up I don’t see much reason to shop higher on the shelf than Zeke.

• Ace15

Hines is one of my favorite RB’s this week. Cheap and should be low owned. Also, OJ Howard…it’s going to happen…this is the spot especially Gronk coming of a huge game.

• aburks41

I have Mixon and Ja’Marr Chase is nearly every lineup. Can’t find any way to get away from a dude who just got 29 carries & 4 targets, and a $5000 WR1

• thedkexperience

@TopDawgs07 said...

BIF, have you decided on any lines other than the DAL/LAC Over? I was leaning Washington -3 but never placed the bet. I also am considering Dallas +3.5, KC -3.5, Chicago -2.5, Bills Money Line, and Car +3.5. I don’t know why, but I’m getting a little iffy on the KC and Buffalo bets.

Suggestion … as a fantasy guy I’ve had a lot more success of late on single game parlays (hit a 6 way last night, and a 3 way last Thursday) than actually betting the games. I do so much research on how many fantasy points a guy will score that I’m usually very clued in on their expected yardage. So I’ve been betting individual player yard totals and done way better than betting the standard lines.

Just something to think about. We can nail all of our DFS picks and still be wildly wrong about a game line but if you nail your DFS pick you probably also easily surpassed their Vegas yardage over under number.

• thedkexperience

@Ace15 said...

Hines is one of my favorite RB’s this week. Cheap and should be low owned. Also, OJ Howard…it’s going to happen…this is the spot especially Gronk coming of a huge game.

Howard isn’t going from 0 targets to a big enough target share to beat Gronk. Gronk won the job and is literally the best tight end of all time, in his best shape in probably 4 years. Howard is an over qualified blocking TE for the foreseeable future. Don’t do it to yourself. Just take Gronk at the ridiculous discount while he’s ridiculously discounted.

• squidkill

@thedkexperience said...

Suggestion … as a fantasy guy I’ve had a lot more success of late on single game parlays (hit a 6 way last night, and a 3 way last Thursday) than actually betting the games. I do so much research on how many fantasy points a guy will score that I’m usually very clued in on their expected yardage. So I’ve been betting individual player yard totals and done way better than betting the standard lines.

Just something to think about. We can nail all of our DFS picks and still be wildly wrong about a game line but if you nail your DFS pick you probably also easily surpassed their Vegas yardage over under number.

You can parlay player props? What site do you use?

• winnerchickendinner

@thedkexperience said...

Barkley is way healthier than everyone is giving him credit for. It’s not the knee.

The difference is that he doesn’t have late career Eli Manning being scared as hell to throw it downfield checking down to him as his first option. He had 121 targets his rookie year! When Jones took over for 75% of 2019 his targets fell to 73 for the season. There’s a very real chance that Saquon never sniffs 121 targets in a season again and he honestly shouldn’t because you can’t check down that much and expect to get wins in the NFL.

As for the “well, if you take away the 41 yard run” stuff, that’s exactly who he has ALWAYS been. Most of his carries are dancing trash. Always have been. And the BAM! Saquon for 68 and a touchdown to save his yards per carry. For his whole career he only averages 15.7 carries a game because the Giants have never bothered to actually use him consistently in the run game. Unfortunately for his fantasy value they are still only giving him 15 carries a game but this time he isn’t getting 8 blind throws into the flat from a QB who can’t throw past the first down marker any more.

As for Zeke … he’ll be fine. I’m starting him with confidence in many places. I am not at all worried about what Tampa made him look like. It’s Tampa.

I agree about Elliott having a better matchup along with getting back to speed and Barkley’s boom or bust running style along with the talent of players around him. Think that both of them will slowly get back to the way they were if they do. Not really expecting them to explode right off the bat. I’ll play a little of Elliot because of the matchup but think it will be 15fpts, 17.5 fpts,19fpts, 25fpts in terms of progression for them. Also assuming that they have good matchups along the way.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).