1:00 PM EST : Buffalo ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) — T: 48.5
    4:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4.5 ) at Arizona ( -4.5 ) —- T: 51
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 13.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -13.5 ) —- T: 52
    4:25 PM EST : Tennessee ( 5.5 ) at Seattle ( -5.5 ) —- T: 53
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -2.5 ) —- T: 53
    8:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( -2.5 ) at Baltimore ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45

Monday, September 20th
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 10.5 ) at Green Bay ( -10.5 ) —- T: 48.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@JTL33 said...

I’m going back. Except for price, feels like he’s in a better situation considering I don’t see the Saints doing the same thing this week without Callaway being a little more involved. Plus, he’s gonna be half or 3/4 the ownership.

Agreed. All the Saints outside of Kamara are still cheap. I’m seeing 3% pOWN currently which is pretty crazy if it stays that low

• BIF

Cowboys lost DE DeMarcus Lawrence today to a broken foot in practice – out 8 weeks or more as it needs surgery.

Uptick to Herbert this week as Lawrence was best pass rusher last week vs Tampa

• BIF

Only 6 spots left in the Happy-er Meal

NFL Sun 12:00 PM CDT – $3 entry – 69/75 spots filled

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/113445822

• HoodsFromTheWood

Some week 2 “Overreactions”

The Texans offense is not 37 pts good, there might not be 37 pts scored by both teams this game, Run Cleveland run
    The Packers offense is not 3 pts bad, they might score 10x that amount this week and A-Rod will NOT be outscored by 32 other QBs
    Jared Goff will NOT be the 3rd highest scoring fantasy QB this week or any other week this year
    Jameis Winston will find it hard to be the 6th highest scoring fantasy QB again with only 20 pass attempts and Taysom lurking
    Would it be an overreaction for Matt Nagy to give Justin Fields the ball after another ho-hum quarter of football by the Bears offense, I think not

• thenefariousone

https://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/21/NFLDK2021_CS_WRCBchartWeek2stop.pdf?addata=2021=WRCB_chtsht_week2stop_xxx

• Supersharpie

Is FD acting wonky for the rest of you?

• monarch

Is showdown discussion going to take place in this thread or do we not think there is enough genuine interest?

• theghostofveebs

@noddy said...

I finally figured out how to win at this shit. The proof with be this Sunday. Stay tuned…

Lack of sharing….noted.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Is showdown discussion going to take place in this thread or do we not think there is enough genuine interest?

Not sure but I do think this will be a sloppy game but still might hit the over as it’s really low…

I think I might have to be 100% Gibson & Danny at least. Rotate some NYG WRs, lots of WAS defense, and ass in some kickers. Seems like the clear “value” play is Brown.

• monarch

I originally thought it was a lame showdown after what we have had but not I think it is really good. Some extreme game script builds here. I think many will play WFT DST, Gibson, Hopkins but that opens them up to being washed out by a game that looks like all the other games…success in the passing game.

• fleishmo6

Last week Herbert threw almost 50 times against Washington
    Think the same tonight
    Load up on NYG receivers along with Danny dimes
    Think Shepard will be my main capt
    Being an eagles fan I hope they both lose tonight
    Good luck

• miggs6876

@Supersharpie said...

Is FD acting wonky for the rest of you?

Yes. I can’t access and edit some of my nfl plays.

• thedkexperience

@fleishmo6 said...

Last week Herbert threw almost 50 times against Washington
    Think the same tonight
    Load up on NYG receivers along with Danny dimes
    Think Shepard will be my main capt
    Being an eagles fan I hope they both lose tonight
    Good luck

Essentially all of this but I have Slayton at Captain on DK.

• scorer79

@thedkexperience said...

Essentially all of this but I have Slayton at Captain on DK.

I’m actually surprised a lot of the steam is towards Washington. Yes they’re the favorite but 3.5 pts at home is basically a pick’em game. I see both teams passing more than they run so Gibson, Jones, and the NYG receivers are where I’m leaning on FD.

• thedkexperience

@scorer79 said...

I’m actually surprised a lot of the steam is towards Washington. Yes they’re the favorite but 3.5 pts at home is basically a pick’em game. I see both teams passing more than they run so Gibson, Jones, and the NYG receivers are where I’m leaning on FD.

That line is essentially a statement by Vegas that neither QB can be trusted.

We can’t even trust Daniel Jones to suck. He’ll probably suck. He’ll most likely suck. But he also might nonsense his way into a 35 point fantasy day while Heinicke blows it completely or a 100% reversal of that where DJ shits on himself and Heinicke looks like Joe Montana.

The most likely scenario seems to be a low scoring shit show but there’s a very real chance that we have a game in the high 20s inexplicably.

Seems like a good game for a DFS showdown stack but a horrific betting game to me.

• TopDawgs07

@BIF said...

Atlanta’s offensive line is not good (and no where as good as how Dallas’ played last week) and passing 50 times vs TB is a recipe to get Ryan killed. It took the Bucs 3Q to figure out Dallas’ blocking assignments and finally had Dak under pressure in the 4th Q. Also the Bucs were already without their best Safety Jordan Whitehead and then lost Murphy-Bunting and later Mike Edwards. Murphy-Bunting is out, Whitehead is possibly back but Edwards is ok to play.

Remember this is overreaction week – thinking what worked last week, will work again this week is the wrong approach.

Also, I’m taking my brief victory lap as I told you the Raiders would cover and maybe win – Lamar was not better than everyone on the Raiders 😉

Who do you like this week for sides/totals ? I’m still trying to make up my mind on a few. Definitely like Washington -3 on Thursday despite Danny Dimes being 4-0 SU against them and only 4-19 against the rest of the NFL. Also don’t see how Dall-LAC isn’t at least 34-31 so I like the Over there.

Quietly, I was on the Raiders on MNF as well. For Week 2, I like the DAL/LAC Over pick. I’ve been leaning Washington -3, Dallas +3.5, KC -3.5, Chicago -2.5, Bills Money Line, and Car +3.5.

If Chicago would roll out Fields, I would feel really strongly about that pick. Both the Bills and KC have owned their opponents this weekend. Despite going on the road, I think they both can cover.

• Alvance83

@TopDawgs07 said...

Quietly, I was on the Raiders on MNF as well. For Week 2, I like the DAL/LAC Over pick. I’ve been leaning Washington -3, Dallas +3.5, KC -3.5, Chicago -2.5, Bills Money Line, and Car +3.5.

If Chicago would roll out Fields, I would feel really strongly about that pick. Both the Bills and KC have owned their opponents this weekend. Despite going on the road, I think they both can cover.

Take a look at total for jets – patriots .
    I also think colts are the juiciest looking dog on the board. Dont think stafford isn’t already thinking about Brady week 3

• winnerchickendinner

Seems Aiyuk is in the doghouse and his play dwindled down throughout the summer.

Not so sure about Gibson against the Giants. As someone noted earlier Gordon had a good day mainly off a 70 yrd touchdown run. New York was good against the run last year so maybe that play doesn’t happen too much.

• scorer79

@winnerchickendinner said...

Not so sure about Gibson against the Giants. As someone noted earlier Gordon had a good day mainly off a 70 yrd touchdown run. New York was good against the run last year so maybe that play doesn’t happen too much.

I think this is a very likely game script. Also it’s a short week, Gibson is a bit banged up, and maybe Rivera uses the game to figure out who clicks with Heinecke. I think McLaurin or Thomas are the likely benefactors since WFT is lacking in skilled players.

• thedkexperience

Seems Aiyuk is in the doghouse and his play dwindled down throughout the summer.

I would love to see the number of 100 yard games in the NFL each year where the player had 100 yards without breaking a big one. It seems much more likely to me that in a 15-20 carry 100 yard game most of them would be 14-19 carry 50-70 yard games without one monster run.

I just don’t see many games where a back is averaging 5 yards a carry by actually carrying it 5 yards each carry.

• HoodsFromTheWood

If the WFT has a 4th Q lead similar to what Denver had (what are the odds?) Gibson probably won’t be splitting carries like MGIII did. I believe Williams had 5 4th Q rushes to Gordons 1 (Big 1 lol) capping Gordons upside. The only time the WFT was leading (3rd Q), Gibson got all the run. There’s a decent chance Gibson owns the 4th Q

• thedkexperience

@HoodsFromTheWood said...

If the WFT has a 4th Q lead similar to what Denver had (what are the odds?) Gibson probably won’t be splitting carries like MGIII did. I believe Williams had 5 4th Q rushes to Gordons 1 (Big 1 lol) capping Gordons upside. The only time the WFT was leading (3rd Q), Gibson got all the run. There’s a decent chance Gibson owns the 4th Q

I think the only game script where Gibson isn’t relevant tonight is the unlikely event of a massive Giants lead. Like 21-0 in the late second quarter. I find that scenario unlikely but it would be a boon to McKissic at 2200.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@thedkexperience said...

I just don’t see many games where a back is averaging 5 yards a carry by actually carrying it 5 yards each carry.

Lol

• winnerchickendinner

@HoodsFromTheWood said...

True but I’m going in this with the mindset of it being a close game. Maybe maybe not alot of points but with the way Washington and the Giants got beaten with the pass last week. Although Herbert and Bridgewater are different in terms of play from the two QBs tonight.

• dimestorez

I think this could be a great week for Emmanuel Sanders. He’s $4,000 on DK. Was in on 91% of the plays last weekend. Josh Allen has had some of his best games against the Dolphins. Xavien Howard is an amazing CB who I would think would be covering Diggs most of the game.

Most offenses are going to try and stay away from Howard in the passing attack, which would mean more targets for Beasley and Sanders. Sanders could be great pivot in GPP’s from the other low priced receivers. Thoughts?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).