1:00 PM EST : Buffalo ( -3.5 ) at Miami ( 3.5 ) — T: 48.5
    4:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4.5 ) at Arizona ( -4.5 ) —- T: 51
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 13.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -13.5 ) —- T: 52
    4:25 PM EST : Tennessee ( 5.5 ) at Seattle ( -5.5 ) —- T: 53
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -2.5 ) —- T: 53
    8:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( -2.5 ) at Baltimore ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45

Monday, September 20th
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 10.5 ) at Green Bay ( -10.5 ) —- T: 48.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Smallchimp

Seems like per PFF, only MIA, NE, and CHI employ shadow coverages. They see Diggs vs coverage (Jones/Howard) as neutral/neutral-plus match-ups

• TopDawgs07

@dimestorez said...

I think this could be a great week for Emmanuel Sanders. He’s $4,000 on DK. Was in on 91% of the plays last weekend. Josh Allen has had some of his best games against the Dolphins. Xavien Howard is an amazing CB who I would think would be covering Diggs most of the game.

Most offenses are going to try and stay away from Howard in the passing attack, which would mean more targets for Beasley and Sanders. Sanders could be great pivot in GPP’s from the other low priced receivers. Thoughts?

I don’t have it in front of me, but I believe his air yard average was solid in Week 1 as well.

• monarch

Diggs had 8-153-1 vs Howard in Miami last season. Those shadow matchups are intriguing because the premier corner is not getting the same help…easier to beat Xavien Howard than two or three defenders.

• dimestorez

@monarch said...

Diggs had 8-153-1 vs Howard in Miami last season. Those shadow matchups are intriguing because the premier corner is not getting the same help…easier to beat Xavien Howard than two or three defenders.

Nelson Agholar had a pretty good game last week as the WR2 for the Pats, even though Jakobi Meyers had more targets. I guess if one thinks that the Bills will go off in this one, an Allen/Diggs/Sanders stack might be worth a shot.

• odanny

@marker0357 said...

I actually like CAR +3.5 and PHI +3.5

I like both of those but I’m staying away, Jameis, Hurts and Darnold, too early to know which one shows up. For me, this is a week for favorites.

I like a few games giving points, like NE -6 and Pittsburgh -6, LV really is bad, they have no wideouts, Jacobs has a toe injury, 3 OL either hurt or out, two edge rushers banged up, they are due for a beatdown.

Also like Tampa at -12.5, they should easily win by 2 TD’s on extra rest.

K.C. -3.5 I’m liking too.

• monarch

I do like the Sanders suggestion though. Allen/Beasley/Sanders and do whatever else we want.

Run it back with Gesicki.

• HoodsFromTheWood

Man. I hope I don’t overreact to the chili Mrs Hood has in store for Football Sunday

• monarch

Anyone know what type of coverage the Giants run? Cover 3, Quarters etc?

• bigwillie20

Doing about 4 or 5 single entry contests tonight. Might do a CPT Barkley for the hell of it in one of them. It’s a longshot but I’ve seen way crazier stuff happen in these showdowns before.

• HoodsFromTheWood

Twas three nights before week two and all thru the main slate,
    some will start Derek Carr cause he scored twenty eight.
    Their projections were made with the utmost of care,
    Jets D’s still high owned and the d0nut they’ll wear.

Some running backs will be nestled in tiers one two and three,
    yet some will get “smart” and start Larry Roundtree.
    With Mrs Hood in the kitchen and me in my cave,
    I’ll have no Zach Pascal in the lineups I save.

When kickoff comes Sunday no matter win lose or draw,
    whether the chalk busts or not I still won’t be sore.
    With Mrs Hoods world class chili and the“Marys” oh so red,
    at the end of the day I’m always ahead.

• ifthethunder

DK has the risk-free same game parlay again. This week they let me invest the full $25.
    ~

• thedkexperience

@monarch said...

Anyone know what type of coverage the Giants run? Cover 3, Quarters etc?

While I don’t know the answer more than “pray Bradberry stops someone” I decided to Google your question. Holy shit. I got a ton of articles that are mostly just insane nonsense by NY writers with no actual insight. Just outrage for the sake of outrage. Gross.

• emnj69

@odanny said...

I like both of those but I’m staying away, Jameis, Hurts and Darnold, too early to know which one shows up. For me, this is a week for favorites.

I like a few games giving points, like NE -6 and Pittsburgh -6, LV really is bad, they have no wideouts, Jacobs has a toe injury, 3 OL either hurt or out, two edge rushers banged up, they are due for a beatdown.

Also like Tampa at -12.5, they should easily win by 2 TD’s on extra rest.

K.C. -3.5 I’m liking too.

the line for KC is very odd to me almost seems to good to be true

-I know it is mahomes vs lamar but the ravens secondary is beyond depleted and their offense is bad-a scrap heap of rbs and at wr they got a washed sammy and hollywood appears to be hurt too. I can see KC winning by 2-3tds . I threw KC in a teaser so I have KC +2.5

• Rickytango13

@monarch said...

Good call. Godwin bounce back

Godwin bounce back? The dude had 9/105/1

• NDNole

@theIrrigator said...

Career avg. road games with Dak

NAME Games REC TRG REC YDS REC AVG REC TD
    Amari Cooper 15 5.13 8.47 53.33 10.23 0.33

Last 3 road games(TB, SEA, LA) with Dak and McCarthy

NAME GAMES REC TRG REC YDS REC AVG REC TD
    Amari Cooper 3 10.67 14.00 102.00 9.47 0.67

Small sample since Dak got hurt last year Week 5 but it potentially isn’t a thing anymore

Fair enough. Its seared into my brain though and the sample size is small.

• NDNole

@thedkexperience said...

We can’t even trust Daniel Jones to suck. He’ll probably suck. He’ll most likely suck. But he also might nonsense his way into a 35 point fantasy day while Heinicke blows it completely or a 100% reversal of that where DJ shits on himself and Heinicke looks like Joe Montana.

This is the true essence of showdown and so factual. LOL!

• NDNole

Im playing Golladay at CPT tonight. I think he gets into the endzone. Any guess on his ownership for showdown?

• monarch

@Rickytango13 said...

Godwin bounce back? The dude had 9/105/1

I dont know if you watched the game but he fumbled at the goal line nearly costing them the game…..so ya

I think he dropped another touchdown. Truth be told he played poorly given his opportunity.

• nerman

@thedkexperience said...

Atlanta can’t cover anyone. The biggest reason not to start any of the TB WRs at this point is that they might not need to catch a ball the last 20 minutes of the game.

Could be a 30 or 5 point week for any of Evans, AB, Godwin or Gronk with no rhyme nor reason as to why aside from Atlanta stinks as a football team in a lot of areas.

As Falcons fan I agree with this take. I still want at least 1 lineup for each one of Evans, AB and Godwin. One of the three could easily have a 2 TD game so I can’t completely fade. If Fabian Moreau is lined up with Evans I don’t think he can stop him. And while AJ Terrell is improving he can’t keep up with AB’s route running. Isiah Oliver can play Godwin inside 10-15 yards but anything deeper and he’s toast. Godwin did the most damage last year fwiw.

• thedkexperience

@NDNole said...

Im playing Golladay at CPT tonight. I think he gets into the endzone. Any guess on his ownership for showdown?

Here were the single entry ownership numbers for Monday night. It might give us a clue as to how things go tonight.

Waller 64%
    Carr 53%
    Jackson 94%
    Brown 33%
    Williams 42%
    Jacobs 6% 🧐
    Watkins 28%
    Renfrow 48%
    Zay 1%
    Edwards 22%
    Drake 17%
    Tucker 31%
    Carlson 13%
    Murray 8%
    Raiders 2%
    Ruggs 36%
    Ingold 0.2%
    Andrews 40%
    Ravens 10%
    Ricard 1%
    Mariotta 0.18%
    Duvernay 16%
    Cannon 1%
    Tomlinson 0.43%
    Snead 8%
    Carrier 0.28%
    Moreau 1%
    Proche 3%
    Oliver 3%
    Wallace 1%

- Looks like 2 QB set ups are as popular as you’d think.

- I’m surprised about Jacobs being so low but it shows that people don’t want to play underdog RBs at high cost. Probably an indication that Saquon won’t be popular.

- About 5% of players will just completely punt their last roster spot on someone with zero chance of playing. Probably goes to show that your most valuable pick is your least expensive. Personally I’m high on McKissic tonight at 2200.

- Assume every WR with a pulse will be 20% owned give or take. Some significantly higher. Golladay will probably be in the 40% area I think.

- People will play kickers blindly no matter who it is.

• osuryanf

Someone please talk me out of playing WASH DEF at captain tonight because I know it’s going to fail yet I’ve kept it all day.

• thedkexperience

@osuryanf said...

Someone please talk me out of playing WASH DEF at captain tonight because I know it’s going to fail yet I’ve kept it all day.

You should definitely not play the Washington defense at captain tonight, especially since the Giants announced today that they are rearranging their offensive line to, checks notes … play a 66 in Madden at center.

Edit – Madden Ratings > PFF Rankings

• draarona

From a premium article here just posted… “ Diggs manufactured 29.5 FPs against Miami in Week 1 last year, but he did so within the coverage of Noah Igbinoghene. When Diggs faced off with Howard in Week 17, Xavien held him to a 2/26/0 line”

• draarona

@monarch said...

A quote from a premium article on here just posted… “ Diggs manufactured 29.5 FPs against Miami in Week 1 last year, but he did so
    within the coverage of Noah Igbinoghene. When Diggs faced off with Howard in Week 17, Xavien held him to a 2/26/0 line”

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #28

RG Tiered Ranking

@NDNole said...

Fair enough. Its seared into my brain though and the sample size is small.

Derek Carr effect. You hate to see it

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).