1:00 PM EST : Miami ( -6 ) at NY Jets ( 6 ) —- T: 42.5
    1:00 PM EST : Houston ( 13.5 ) at New England ( -13.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 3 ) at Tennessee ( -3 ) —- T: 42.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 8.5 ) at Green Bay ( -8.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : Kansas City ( -3 ) at LA Chargers ( 3 ) —- T: 47.5
    8:30 PM EST : Oakland ( -3 ) at Washington ( 3 ) —- T: 54

Monday, 9/25
    8:30 PM EST : Dallas ( -3.5 ) at Arizona ( 3.5 ) —- T: 47.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Capone1233

I’m going to drop one sleeper for you all. Seth Roberts.

• Capone1233

Norman on Cooper
    Breeland on Crabtree
    Roberts/Cook will get the looks this week imo

• Playtaw1n

Locking in ertz again. Great matchup against giants with positive touchdown regression.

• AVivier

I’m still a believer in Kelvin Benjamin, even if he bombed stat wise Week 1. I think he’s a top tier talent in his prime and best shape of his life playing for something. With Olsen out, against that D, at home, in a game they’ll need to score points, with plenty of possessions, it would be hard to fail in this spot.

• IronMonkey415

Riding the Crabtree train again.

• IronMonkey415

Eagles defense in play.

Giants days are over, they can’t do anything out there.

• gillio

@IronMonkey415 said...

Riding the Crabtree train again.

Not when he’s on the road brother, don’t go that route

• CleverGroom

There’s one thing I know for sure, and that is that we must play Philadelphia Eagles DST at $3,000 on DK’s Sunday slate. Despite how badly the Texans burned me in Week 1, I may go back to a 100% DST, at least that slate.

On the full slate, you certainly can’t hate the Ravens against Blake Bortles either.

• MikedUpDFS

Agreed. Phillys % will be insane but worth it. Hopefully lol.

• miggs6876

@bdubbs said...

I have to agree with the opinion that the Broncos are going to sell out to stop Mccoy. But he’s also one of the few high volume guys anywhere, and personally I still think the talent is still there. I will probably give him a shot in a couple tournament lineups if he’s healthy. They will be looking to get him the ball out in open space too.

Looking over TE’s there barely seems like a safe cash option in the bunch on FD. Kelce is too expensive with how much RB’s and WR’s are going to cost, Ertz is expensive as well, I severely doubt Fleener is going to catch a TD in 3 consecutive games, Dwayne Allen is worth a look if Gronk doesn’t play but the Patriots clearly don’t care about getting him the ball, Bennett is getting pretty decent looks in GB but hasn’t made much of it. Rudolph could be okay if it seems like this bone bruise situation with Bradford is nbd, its too soon to call Doyle a cash play.

It’s such a crap shoot I’m thinking the best course might be to fire up Charles Clay on FD at $5100 for cash. He has 12 targets over 2 weeks, is on a team devoid of receiving talent and is probably the most likely player to get a receiving TD on the team. If you don’t get the TD at least you can be confident you can get 4 or 5 points out of him and a lot of TE’s are going to give you the same thing without a TD

Good post. Clay is more than playable. However, I’m going too see if I can pay up for Ertz. Love his floor and ceiling. Ebron got a td tonight….

• AVivier

@CleverGroom said...

There’s one thing I know for sure, and that is that we must play Philadelphia Eagles DST at $3,000 on DK’s Sunday slate. Despite how badly the Texans burned me in Week 1, I may go back to a 100% DST, at least that slate.

On the full slate, you certainly can’t hate the Ravens against Blake Bortles either.

I’ll pbly have some Philly, but I’m not in love. Darby is out. OBJ will actually be back for reals. There will be less pressure on Manning as a result, and I would hope NYG will have time to scheme for their OL failings. I get the flip side, but I’m not all in on it.

• chronoxiong

Prices have gone up for many players. I don’t know who to pick first. Of course, RB has more value plays but a lot of them are volatile and some annoying RB by committee bullshit (Bungals, Ravens, Browns, Titans, Panthers, Cardinals) and whoever else I’m forgetting. Which stud WR will actually pay off for Week 3? Will the Cardinals suck the life out of everyone who rostered them? So many questions.

• 33BeRad

@AVivier said...

I’ll pbly have some Philly, but I’m not in love. Darby is out. OBJ will actually be back for reals. There will be less pressure on Manning as a result, and I would hope NYG will have time to scheme for their OL failings. I get the flip side, but I’m not all in on it.

I agree, everyone will be off OBJ. I like him in this spot. Right after a Monday night dud. Last thing people remember! Falcons and Lions might be the game stack. I think that Car vs NO game will underwhelm.

• CleverGroom

@CleverGroom said...

I shouldn’t bother expanding on this, but please indulge me for a moment.

As we saw tonight, this year’s Giants team is fielding an expansion-quality OL. Sacks are a OL/QB stat even more than a defensive stat, and Eli Manning leads the league with 8 sacks. The Texans are the only team that’s given up more (10 sacks split between Savage and Watson). I’m just eyeballing things here, but given the matchups each team has played, I’d say the Giants are a clear winner for schedule-adjusted worst pocket protection after two weeks.

Eli Manning and the New York Giants have either given up a pick-six (2 games) a strip-six (1 game) or been shut out (1 game) in all four of their last visits to Philadelphia. They’ve turned the ball over 8 times in those game, including 6 turnovers in the last two games (3 per game). Eagles DST has posted scores of 13, 19, 20, and 10 over the last four meetings in Philly (average 15.5 per game—note that the 10 was in a loss).

Now the Giants are on a short week. Just a few days before they go up against the first good—nay, great—defensive front they’ve faced.

I made my customary list of everybody I’d consider rostering before checking salaries, and the Eagles are tied for cheapest with the Browns at $3,000 on DK. They’re almost certainly the best, regardless of salary. Absolute pricing disaster.

I don’t know how there could be a clearer play at any position on the slate. You can pivot in GPPs because of course you can, but game theory is the only reason to do it.

• CleverGroom

@AVivier said...

You can play OBJ for the #HeelsAndElbows upside off a wee slant, but that doesn’t change anything about PHI being a free square.

• xpac21

@stats99tuff said...

I think McCaffrey usage is going to be insane… He was brought in to take hits off CAM, CAM is gimpy, no Olsen…. Jeffrey is interesting with wentz throwing 30+ a game…

cam doesnt have the touch to throw checkdowns

• xpac21

@CleverGroom said...

their CBs without darby still worry me cuz obj is gettin better and is one of the few who can still take a 5 yd slant for 90

• CleverGroom

@xpac21 said...

their CBs without darby still worry me cuz obj is gettin better and is one of the few who can still take a 5 yd slant for 90

Again, I couldn’t care less. He’ll have to do that four times if they want to win this game.

• AVivier

@CleverGroom said...

You can play OBJ for the #HeelsAndElbows upside off a wee slant, but that doesn’t change anything about PHI being a free square.

I don’t like OBJ as a play, as of now, but he changes defenses. Either he has a safety (that’s not blitzing) rolling to him, or OBJ is in single coverage for one of Manning’s quack quacks. It hurts Philly a bit. I still like Philly, but I’m not all in for the reasons I gave.

I know they didn’t lead the week in points (thanks in part to Kizer coming out unexpectedly), but Baltimore was one of the biggest no brained plays on D I’ve ever seen last week. Philly is a fine play, but their not Baltimore of last week.

• CleverGroom

@AVivier said...

I don’t like OBJ as a play, as of now, but he changes defenses. Either he has a safety (that’s not blitzing) rolling to him, or OBJ is in single coverage for one of Manning’s quack quacks. It hurts Philly a bit. I still like Philly, but I’m not all in for the reasons I gave.

I know they didn’t lead the week in points (thanks in part to Kizer coming out unexpectedly), but Baltimore was one of the biggest no brained plays on D I’ve ever seen last week. Philly is a fine play, but their not Baltimore of last week.

OBJ’s played in their last three games in Philly, you know. The games where PHI DST has averaged more points than BAL scored yesterday.

I’m astonished by this line of thinking, but I suppose we’ll have to agree to disagree.

• xpac21

you still like them better than pit? at least nyg has 1 talented player, i dont think much of cohen at all and howard is banged up

• AVivier

@CleverGroom said...

OBJ’s played in their last three games in Philly, you know. The games where PHI DST has averaged more points than BAL scored yesterday.

I’m astonished by this line of thinking, but I suppose we’ll have to agree to disagree.

I don’t think we disagree that much here. I said I like the damn play!

But to pretend we do, OBJ played in the last 3 games, and those corners were? And now he’s facing who?

• CleverGroom

@xpac21 said...

you still like them better than pit? at least nyg has 1 talented player, i dont think much of cohen at all and howard is banged up

I’ll be interested to hear takes on the CHI at TB game. I haven’t seen it. I’m not entirely eager to target Chicago, though, since there were weird factors in that game like the heat, TB coming off a Week 1 bye, the Mike Glennon revenge game (#GiraffesAreNotVengefulAnimals). I think Foxy still tries to hide Glennon behind the OL. PIT’s offense could set this up well for the Bears, since they’ve looked mediocre out of the gate and don’t travel well. Will want updates on Watt, Tuitt, and Wilcox injuries as well.

Overall, it’s hard for me to imagine news that would get me half as excited about Steelers at $3,400 as I am about Eagles at $3,000. The Eagles are the play. I’d never be able to live with myself if I didn’t stick to the most obvious play on the slate.

I don’t even think the Steelers are the question, actually. If you’re on the full slate, you’re choosing between Ravens, Eagles, and Patriots. Sunday slate, it’s Eagles and Pats. I’d rank the Steelers a very distant third option at best.

• AVivier

Steelers secondary looked embarrassing in preseason/offseason and have done nothing to change my mind.

My other than Philly list is not sexy:

Denver
    Seattle
    NE
    Miami
    Indiapolis
    Buffalo

• CleverGroom

@AVivier said...

I don’t think we disagree that much here. I said I like the damn play!

But to pretend we do, OBJ played in the last 3 games, and those corners were? And now he’s facing who?

Brandon Boykin, Nolan Carroll, Bradley Fletcher, Jaylen Watkins, Cary Williams, E.J. Biggers, Byron Maxwell, Leodis McKelvin, and Jalen Mills have been their active CBs for those games. Maxwell may be rounding back into something for Miami, but he’s in Miami because he was utter trash in Philly.

They’re all JAGs. Many of them are FAs now because they weren’t good enough to hang with the CBs currently on Philly’s roster. Philly hasn’t had good corners since OBJ’s been in the league, and they still average over 17 DST points against his team at home.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).