1:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 3 ) at Carolina ( -3 ) —- T: 44
    1:00 PM EST : Oakland ( 3 ) at Miami ( -3 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:05 PM EST : LA Chargers ( 7 ) at LA Rams ( -7 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 1.5 ) at Seattle ( -1.5 ) —- T: 41.5
    4:25 PM EST : Chicago ( -5.5 ) at Arizona ( 5.5 ) —- T: 38
    8:20 PM EST : New England ( -6.5 ) at Detroit ( 6.5 ) —- T: 51.5

Monday, 9/24
    8:15 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -2.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( 2.5 ) —- T: 52.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Dunzor

@sambora369 said...

1st Top 10 tonight! Thanks for the Vance call! Appreciate this place….

Congrats, nice score for $3.5K

• sox9

@lukemiller42 said...

i dont get why the bucs punted on 4th and 10. did they forget they were against the steelers with one of the worst defenses in the league? and really its better if you turn it over on downs, there is less field and you can hold them to a fg and still go for the td to win. soooo stupid

TB DEF did not step up in the clutch

• someclevername

2nd night in a row I squeaked through at the end to cash lol that last catch for JuJu got it done, whew. Congrats to any big winners!

• Syzltuth

Not bad, my best showdown result of the nfl season so far and actually made this weekend profitable for me. I second the thanks for the Vance call earlier.

• Dfspacman

Wish I faded Brown

• Dunzor

Oh wow I just realized too that if I swapped Boswell for Steelers D on my top lineup I tie with those 2 other guys for 1st…oops. Oh well I never really had that so can’t be mad that I tinkered it out or anything

• mh93

Anything higher than 118.13 on FD? I tied like 50 other people in the big 25 cent tourney

• emoney1214

Yeah like 120 took 1st. Brate instead of the kicker I assume you had

• Dunzor

Also a suggestion for anyone who says showdown is total crapshoot, you are right that it takes a bit of luck, but I’ve had good success with it so far and I won most of my NFL money last year on 2 game slates. The key while building your lineups is to chart out the game script. As I build my showdown lineups I give them names to help me like “TB gets early lead, PIT plays catch up” (this would be a TB RB and primary pass catcher with a PIT passing game heavy stack) or something like “Run stuffing defenses, shootout in the air” (pretty self explanatory).

it might seem weird, but if you start to build your teams based on actual game scripts (think about if I told you the scoring progression by teams at the end of the game and then you reverse engineer your teams) you will find you have a lot more chances to win in showdown. Yes the script could be opposite of your 1 lineup if you go single bullet, but if you do multiple and map out different scripts one is more likely to pop and pay for the others.

• ccchalfant

@Dunzor said...

Also a suggestion for anyone who says showdown is total crapshoot, you are right that it takes a bit of luck, but I’ve had good success with it so far and I won most of my NFL money last year on 2 game slates. The key while building your lineups is to chart out the game script. As I build my showdown lineups I give them names to help me like “TB gets early lead, PIT plays catch up” (this would be a TB RB and primary pass catcher with a PIT passing game heavy stack) or something like “Run stuffing defenses, shootout in the air” (pretty self explanatory.

it might seem weird, but if you start to build your teams based on actual game scripts (think about if I told you the scoring progression by teams a the end then you reverse engineer your teams) you will find you have a lot more chances to win in showdown. Yes the script could be oppostie of your 1 lineup if you go single bullet, but if you do multiple and map out different scripts one is more likely to pop and pay for the others.

Its just luck though, understanding the game and game scripts have nothing to do with winning just pick and pray thats all DFS is!! LOL If that was the case the top players would not stay on top year after year!! If you are looking to grow your bankroll stay out of huge GPP’s you will lose more money over the long run if you dont hit a big payday! If you want to grow your bankroll to be able to play more LUs then stick to cash!

• BIF

Congrats to those that profited – I lost $100 on the night despite cashing 50/130 lineups; also being in 1st in the 2 biggest GPPs for most of the first 3 quarters, I ended up dropping to 211th in the big $1M one and 61st in the $300K one. The funny part is that the lineup that ended up being my best was not the lineup that was in 1st most of the night as that one didn’t have Fitz or Godwin but obviously over the last 20 mins a lot of lineups went up/down the leaderboard with Fitz cracking 300 (and 400), Godwin and Evans scoring and getting 100yd bonuses plus JuJu with the late 100yd bonus.

• ccchalfant

I ended up 250 plus winning a 150$ ticket for the FFWC and miss 2 tickets for the 500$ one by less than a point and the other by 1.97!

• Dunzor

@ccchalfant said...

Its just luck though, understanding the game and game scripts have nothing to do with winning just pick and pray thats all DFS is!! LOL If that was the case the top players would not stay on top year after year!! If you are looking to grow your bankroll stay out of huge GPP’s you will lose more money over the long run if you dont hit a big payday! If you want to grow your bankroll to be able to play more LUs then stick to cash!

I play exclusively GPP and have had a couple profitable years in a row. The key if you focus on GPPs is to have a GPP mindset. Too many people play gpp but are building to min cash which will bleed your money away in the long run. You need to be building to top 10 and take a couple chances, because the life of a GPP player is losing 80% of the time but spiking that one or two big score a year to make it a profitable one.

If people aren’t willing to truly take a GPP mindset then I agree with you they should play mainly cash to cover their Gpp entry fees

• ccchalfant

@Dunzor said...

I play exclusively GPP and have had a couple profitable years in a row. The key if you focus on GPPs is to have a GPP mindset. Too many people play gpp but are building to min cash which will bleed your money away in the long run. You need to be building to top 10 and take a couple chances, because the like of a GPP player is losing 80% of the time but spiking that one or two big score a year to make it a profitable one.

If people aren’t willing to truly take a GPP mindset the I agree with you they should play mainly cash to cover their Gpp entry fees

I am mainly a GPP player too and satellites! I have had a few big hits but usually maintain because I have the GPP mindset, its hard to convince players the difference!

I am shooting for FFWC tickets Thurs. I have not been to a live event other than the WSOP in 2015! Its time to win one! lol

• CleverGroom

To me, Vance McDonald was the key to the entire showdown. He popped up for his first game last week and had an extremely encouraging day, as long as you were able to cut through the Jesse James noise. I might not have played the showdown or Monday-Thursday slate at all if I didn’t think Vance was going to be underowned, and stood a good chance of going off. He was, and he did.

I had 30% CPT Vance and 40% FLEX Vance, which made for a nice night in showdown. Going into TNF with 40% Fitzmagic, 50% Vance, and 0% Big Ben. Wish I owned less of AB and the PIT RB1, and more of the Steelers D on the road, but hey, who hasn’t been there, am I right?

Actually on track for a tiny profit over where I started week 3 now. Quite a relief, given how deep Sunday buried me.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

Yeah you are usually gonna need the guy that has a 75 yard touchdown if he is only $4000

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).