4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• rourke441

i will always pay up for mahommes

• RatedDAL

I will always target the Falcons D. Sign me up for some T.Y. Mack this week.

• hankmcgreen

Jameis $5,400 at home vs the Giants… sign me up please

• kps3205s

ICYMI…They said on the broadcast the Saints will be staying out west and going straight to Seattle for the week instead of going home then flying back out.

• Supanice

At first glance pricing seems a lot tighter.

• CJtheGrump

0 for 2 in cash this year. It’s going to bother me if I don’t manage some green screens soon.

I guess I should clarify my own thinking on this. I maybe haven’t been doing a good job sticking to some sound general principles.

So… Here’s what I’m thinking…

QBs – don’t overspend. Look for rushing upside and decent matchups. Some guys can overcome difficult matchups, but generally good to steer clear. Younger, more turnover prone QBs also induce some volatility.

RBs – PPR + Volume. Time-shares are crapshoots. Target the workhorse backs who are also known for their receiving skills. Vulturing can be a problem but doesn’t necessarily take an RB out of consideration.

WRs – Tempting to spend up, but lots of value can be found in prolific slot-receivers who can rack up YAC. You want volume and #1s in general, but I’ve found week to week, both 1s and 2s can be productive enough, particularly in cash games.

TEs – Volume, but can also be a spot to save salary. If he’s not getting the targets, best to steer clear.

Flex – another opportunity to save Salary. My instinct says a 3rd RB would be a good general strategy, but I can see the case for a 2nd TE to save salary, as long as he’s getting targets.

Def – I’m 0/2 on these. Got a 0 last week and a 1 this week. I’m starting to think I should just go ahead and spend up for big favorites instead of punting to save salary.

Stacking – definitely worth considering paring QBs with WRs/TEs, but a QB who is known for spreading the ball to everyone (Brady) maybe it’s best to run with a solo-QB. Ditto for a QB who relies on running a lot. RB+Def is something people like to do as well – teams with a big lead will be churning out the clock on the ground and collecting additional turnovers as opponents start pressing.

Injuries – they present opportunities for cheaper players to see additional volume, BUT this can sometimes be a surprising thing if you’re relying on depth charts. Have to keep your ear to the ground to see if there’s a guy a coach is trying to get more involved.

Is there anything I’m missing here? I tend to think I tinkered myself out of good cash lineups each of the last two weeks, but I realize that can cut both ways.

• BIF

@hankmcgreen said...

Jameis $5,400 at home vs the Giants… sign me up please

It took exactly 2 weeks for Godwin to be priced higher than Evans 😂

• Dunzor

@BIF said...

It took exactly 2 weeks for Godwin to be priced higher than Evans 😂

Ya this kinda feels like an Evans breakout week

• JoeyG113

If Singletary doesn’t suit up for the Bills this weekend, the only Bill’s RB to have logged a carry in the 1st two games is Frank Gore.

Bills are playing at home and are favored by a touchdown. Then add in to the equation that the Bengals allowed over 200 yards rushing, 75 yards receiving, and 3 touchdowns to 49er backs this weekend. While defending the run better in Week 1, the Bengals also allowed two touchdowns to Seattle backs.

The remaining Bill’s backfield in Gore and Yeldon doesn’t really give you much upside, but it isn’t out of consideration that one of them could have multiple touchdowns this week.

• econbrah11

@JoeyG113 said...

If Singletary doesn’t suit up for the Bills this weekend, the only Bill’s RB to have logged a carry in the 1st two games is Frank Gore.

Bills are playing at home and are favored by a touchdown. Then add in to the equation that the Bengals allowed over 200 yards rushing, 75 yards receiving, and 3 touchdowns to 49er backs this weekend. While defending the run better in Week 1, the Bengals also allowed two touchdowns to Seattle backs.

The remaining Bill’s backfield in Gore and Yeldon doesn’t really give you much upside, but it isn’t out of consideration that one of them could have multiple touchdowns this week.

Given the expected volume if Singletary is out, Frank Gore in the flex spot will be chalk this week.

• keephustlincuz

@econbrah11 said...

Given the expected volume if Singletary is out, Frank Gore in the flex spot will be chalk this week.

After 10 minutes of research I have come to the same conclusion.

• Boneys2000

In case anyone is wondering my Bengal stack lineup did Not do well yesterday. Not sure if I will ever do that again.Lol

• RatedDAL

If Singletary is out I think I’d rather go Naked Josh Allen rather than Gore or Yeldon. I love Gore, lifelong Hurricanes and 49er fan but he’s past the point of me ever rostering him again.

• queensfinest

brees out 6 weeks and big ben out for the rest of the season. brutal

• Smallchimp

Steelers are officially in the 2020 QB sweepstakes, RIP JuJu/Conner/etc.

• JaBr

@queensfinest said...

Hurts value of all the skill players as well, IMO.
    JuJu
    Conner
    (maybe not Vance McDonald)
    M. Thomas
    Kamara
    Cook

• BIF

@CJtheGrump said...

0 for 2 in cash this year. It’s going to bother me if I don’t manage some green screens soon.

I guess I should clarify my own thinking on this. I maybe haven’t been doing a good job sticking to some sound general principles.

So… Here’s what I’m thinking…

I’m assuming your breakdown by position is your cash game thinking so that is what my comments will address.

QB – I disagree to some extent as I have no problem paying up at QB as you cannot miss at QB; if your QB puts up 15 and guys like Brady, Mahomes and Jackson are putting 30+ up you are done.

RB’s agree – pay up for the studs who catch balls and get the majority of carries and goalline work; if you get vultured that sucks but overall you have made the right play with your theory.

WR’s – in cash, especially where salary is limited due to paying up elsewhere, I look at decent volume WR2’s in higher scoring games (Vegas or my prediction) and especially if they are from teams who will either blow someone out early (KC style) or if they are likely going to be playing catch-up or in a shootout (like Ross and Boyd for Cincy).

TE is highly volatile position so you either bottom feed for predicted volume or you pay up and get a Top 3-4 stud

Flex – usually a mid-range pass catching RB who also gets some carries (Ekeler’s role last year fit perfectly as did Sproles in past years). I never do 2 TE in cash as too volatile – would rather have a WR3 in a high octane offense over a TE.

Defense – another highly volatile position; at a minimum, I try to play a team that I think will win so the opportunity for sacks and a late pick (pick 6) is there. Also don’t want a bad defense as giving up 28+ makes it difficult to get back to 7 which is my minimum target for points.

Stacking – as a general rule, I don’t do it intentionally for cash but if I do end up with 2 spots from one team it is QB/TE (this week I had Mahomes/Kelce as I felt both were safe and both would not bust); or a RB/DST stack but that is often by accident. In the right situation, I’ll occasionally do a QB/RB stack if I think their team is going to score 28+ and the RB is a pass catching 3-down back as this should get me a piece of every TD plus maybe a double-dong if RB catches a TD. The Ben/Bell stack in cash smashed for me numerous times.

• RatedDAL

Maybe it enhances James Washington value considering their rapport together at Ok St.

• BIF

@Boneys2000 said...

In case anyone is wondering my Bengal stack lineup did Not do well yesterday. Not sure if I will ever do that again.Lol

Huh ?? You must have played the wrong Bengals.

My Dalton-Boyd-Ross stack did well for the price as did my Dalton-Ross and Naked-Ross plays.

Dalton-Boyd-Ross got 72.04 on 16.5K of salary so they went for 4.35X

Dalton-Ross got 46.84 on 10K salary for 4.7X

• BIF

@queensfinest said...

That hurts my Michael Thomas season long ownership but not as bad as the JuJu/Conner owners with no Ben as at least Teddy has a chance to play well.

• bcandrws

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

Pricing really tight this week most of the running backs up in price

• JoeyG113

In consecutive weeks, the Eagles secondary has gotten beat deep continuously. Keenum and Ryan have had solid performances against the Eagles, and both QBs left points on the table by missing guys wide open down the field.

Golladay would be the obvious choice to exploit this weakness, but Marvin Jones would be the more contrarian option. Marvin looks like he has lost a step, but either guy is worth considering.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around why the Eagles are favored by a touchdown or slightly more, when they are riddled with injuries. They got banged up last night, but if this line is correct, one would think the Lions would need to exploit this Eagle’s weakness to keep pace or win. No matter what the game script may be, the Lions are in a good spot for a big play or two in the passing game.

• JSteele

So Greg Olsen gets a matchup with Arizona, a team that has been smashed by TEs in two consecutive games and all of last year. He’s also Cam Newton top target, and he’s 3700? What could go wrong.

• econbrah11

@JSteele said...

So Greg Olsen gets a matchup with Arizona, a team that has been smashed by TEs in two consecutive games and all of last year. He’s also Cam Newton top target, and he’s 3700? What could go wrong.

Carolina offense is a mess. For some reason Cam can’t throw anymore and the only piece I’d want is CMC. But I feel there’s better plays this week, like Elliot and Cook.

• JoeyG113

@JSteele said...

Not trying to defend the poor play of the Cardinal’s defense vs the TE position, but they have faced two younger, faster, and more athletic TEs to date. It’s difficult to pass up his DK price tag, but his FD is 6,100.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.