4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• AVivier

@dimestorez said...

He’s going to be seeing an uptick in volume with Singletary out. Home game. Favored. Playing a god awful defense. For $4,400 (I believe) on DK, it’s great value. Of course he could shit the bed and put up 40 yards on 15 rushes. I get it, the dude’s 36 years old. But for tournaments, it’s a risk worth taking while freeing up much needed cap space this week.

I was kinda harsh, but Gore is so touchdown dependent. I kinda expect Singletary to play, but even if he doesn’t it will continue to be some degree of a RBBC. Gore is not a receiving back (2 targets through 2 games) and Buffalo is generally not a pass to the back team. Gore doesn’t have big splash play speed. You really need him to find the end zone twice, and that’s hard to bank on.

• dimestorez

@AVivier said...

I was kinda harsh, but Gore is so touchdown dependent. I kinda expect Singletary to play, but even if he doesn’t it will continue to be some degree of a RBBC. Gore is not a receiving back (2 targets through 2 games) and Buffalo is generally not a pass to the back team. Gore doesn’t have big splash play speed. You really need him to find the end zone twice, and that’s hard to bank on.

Yeah, I absolutely agree with you. My original post also included a dart throw on a Jones-Barkley-Engram stack. For tournaments, of course. None of these plays make me comfortable.

You guys are probably right here. I’m well aware that Gore is one foot in the NFL grave right now. My whole thought is, we can all collectively do our research and have a good idea what are going to be the safe, good plays. For tournaments, though, I think we need to do those plays that aren’t sure things. Or in Gore’s case, highly unlikely things. Lol

• econbrah11

Buffalo is a home favorite and Gore is in line for 15+ touches vs a bad run D. I know he’s old but he’s the goal line back and for cash he only needs like 75 yards and a TD if he’s in your flex spot. I’ll take that.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@ssilberman2012 said...

RG made it lol. I’m also not a middle-aged wealthy gambler like all of you sharps. I have no interest in going near that stadium no one wants to be there. 0-16 here we come. I guess besides making fun of me your other point was yes to playing dallas D everywhere?

I know it’s the Dolphins in JerryLand but Dallas is a better real life D than a fantasy D. Bottom 10 in TOs last year, middle of the pack in sacks, They couldn’t pick off Eli in week 1 and sacked him once. Only sacked Keenum once and no picks there either. And they just lost Xavier Woods. Not to say they won’t smash, it just doesn’t seem like it. In 2 good spots so far they’ve scored 6 DKpts at home vs Giants and 1DKpt at Wash

• HoodsFromTheWood

@ssilberman2012 said...

I’m also not a middle-aged wealthy gambler like all of you sharps.

@mike42 said…

Is that the picture you used to win student council president?

RG made it lol.

I miss the Peter Griffin pic lol.
    You look like the son of an old degen buddy of mine.

• MastenPark

@monarch said...

I’ve noticed that the O/U for that Chiefs game is not as high as I expected. Then I checked out the pace stats and both teams are way down from 2018…albeit a very small sample size.

Last season they were ranked 3rd and 5th in seconds per offensive snap during the 1st half. This season they are currently 14th and 21st.

Where do you get your pace stats from

• Alergic2Winning

$7200 on FD – Kirk Cousins is an average QB… How do you throw for 4000 yards and 30 TD’s when you are average? You SMASH against inferior opponents.
    Oakland is #32 against the Pass (Mahomes/Flacco) and it’s their first game on the road. 25/30, 365 yds, 3 TD, 0 int – Last time Kirk (with Washington) Played Oakland in 2017.

$7200 on FD – Kyler Murray. Carolina is probably going to suck on offense. They also play well vs. the Pass. Murray is very mobile though. Interesting play.

$6900 on FD – Mathew Stafford. He’s playing the Eagles. They’re 31st against the pass. Last time Stafford played 31st against the pass was week #1 (Arizona) and he put up 27.6 Fantasy Points.

Josh Allen is intriguing at $7500 but I’ve ridden that horse to victory 2 weeks in a row… 3rd time is probably pushing my luck.

Of course there’s some corresponding WR plays. You guys are smarter than me.

• SteeloCity

What wide receivers you guys like this week? Having a really hard time deciding.

• Dr_Gonzo

@Njsum1 said...

Keenan Allen run it back with Dhop in most, and fuller in a couple. You’re welcome

Casey Hayward is a damn good player. So is Nuk but I think I’ll look elsewhere.

• monarch

Gore is a fine play. What is he like 4k? Pretty sure the past two milly maker LUs had 14 point guys on their LU. We shouldnt be looking for 14 points but Buffalo is attractive this week and I think Gore could get to 20 points and definitely be in a winning LU.

• monarch

@MastenPark said...

Where do you get your pace stats from

Football Outsiders. But I realized after posting that they only have week 1 data posted so it’s not all that relevant. With that said I expected a 60 point O/U with two of the fastest teams. I’m a little leery about the Ravens side here.

• dimestorez

@SteeloCity said...

What wide receivers you guys like this week? Having a really hard time deciding.

I like Sanders this week, but he’s going to be super chalk. Lower priced chalky receivers make me nervous, but damn, he’s been a target monster as of late.

I just hate it when I start to put receivers like this into all my lineups casually, like they’re a sure thing. But, I did that week 1 with Desean Jackson and I got a pretty big payout.

• econbrah11

@SteeloCity said...

Hollywood Brown and Sammy Watkins

• dimestorez

@Alergic2Winning said...

$7200 on FD – Kirk Cousins is an average QB… How do you throw for 4000 yards and 30 TD’s when you are average? You SMASH against inferior opponents.
    Oakland is #32 against the Pass (Mahomes/Flacco) and it’s their first game on the road. 25/30, 365 yds, 3 TD, 0 int – Last time Kirk (with Washington) Played Oakland in 2017.

$7200 on FD – Kyler Murray. Carolina is probably going to suck on offense. They also play well vs. the Pass. Murray is very mobile though. Interesting play.

$6900 on FD – Mathew Stafford. He’s playing the Eagles. They’re 31st against the pass. Last time Stafford played 31st against the pass was week #1 (Arizona) and he put up 27.6 Fantasy Points.

Josh Allen is intriguing at $7500 but I’ve ridden that horse to victory 2 weeks in a row… 3rd time is probably pushing my luck.

Of course there’s some corresponding WR plays. You guys are smarter than me.

I think if there’s any week to do a Cousins-Diggs or Thielen or both stack it could be this week. As a Vikings fan, though, I get super nervous that they’ll get up early and all they’ll want to do is feed Dalvin. We saw it week 1 against the Falcons. This team just really does not want to pass anymore. I think we would need Oakland to keep pace here, or even get off to an early lead… I just don’t know if that happens here.

• NDNole

@dimestorez said...

I think if there’s any week to do a Cousins-Diggs or Thielen or both stack it could be this week. As a Vikings fan, though, I get super nervous that they’ll get up early and all they’ll want to do is feed Dalvin. We saw it week 1 against the Falcons. This team just really does not want to pass anymore. I think we would need Oakland to keep pace here, or even get off to an early lead… I just don’t know if that happens here.

Im playing the Vikes D with my single lineup.

• SteeloCity

Anyone like Witten at TE?

• Njsum1

@Dr_Gonzo said...

Casey Hayward is a damn good player. So is Nuk but I think I’ll look elsewhere.

It was more of a Keenan Allen recommendation…however…Ty Hilton and Kenny Golladay just had a field day versus the chargers, and they’re not half the player Dhop is. If you think Hayward can shut down Dhop, then go with Fuller, who I also recommended. And again, you’re welcome 😉😁🍻

• monarch

Hopkins is perhaps the one receiver that can win vs anyone.

Hilton I believe started to eat late in the game after Marlon Mack started gashing the Chargers on the ground…allowing TY to get free with a muted pass rush. I’m not sure who Golladay saw but it’s possible that Desmond King and Casey Hayward spent most of their day on MJJ and Danny zero catches Amendola.

Nuk probably deals with Hayward all day but he can still win

• TJRhodes

How many Josh Allen lineups this week is too many?

• mike42

@Hoods From The Wood said...

I know it’s the Dolphins in JerryLand but Dallas is a better real life D than a fantasy D. Bottom 10 in TOs last year, middle of the pack in sacks, They couldn’t pick off Eli in week 1 and sacked him once. Only sacked Keenum once and no picks there either. And they just lost Xavier Woods. Not to say they won’t smash, it just doesn’t seem like it. In 2 good spots so far they’ve scored 6 DKpts at home vs Giants and 1DKpt at Wash

I think you can play a Miami player in this game, P. Williams would be my best guess. I thought the Dal D was going to be elite this year and they really are not. Maybe Miami can score a couple TD’s, get some yards.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@mike42 said...

I think you can play a Miami player in this game, P. Williams would be my best guess. I thought the Dal D was going to be elite this year and they really are not. Maybe Miami can score a couple TD’s, get some yards.

It’s that bend don’t break scheme DC Marinelli developed during the war of 1812

• theghostofveebs

I guess I would expect Singletary’s absence if confirmed to be absorbed by Allen’s feet and arm (uptick Zay Jones?). I mean I can see Gore with 18/75/2 and providing salary relief while approaching 4x but this seems forced. No harm having an uptick in exposure for GPPs especially since its contrarian. I would be surprised if Buffalo jumps out to an early lead. I think the Bengals O is more functional now…I just don’t think they have figured out how to play 60 minutes yet. Boyd and Ross are teetering on exposure every week status.

• BIF

@squidkill said...

But Agholor has never ever looked good. God I hope he’s chalk. Damn sheep

He caught a team high 9 balls in the Super Bowl win over your Patriots 🙄

He also looked pretty good Sunday night after everyone got hurt and played as WR1 and went 8-107-1

• Dr_Gonzo

@Njsum1 said...

It was more of a Keenan Allen recommendation…however…Ty Hilton and Kenny Golladay just had a field day versus the chargers, and they’re not half the player Dhop is. If you think Hayward can shut down Dhop, then go with Fuller, who I also recommended. And again, you’re welcome 😉😁🍻

Gotcha, obviously nuk can blow up on anyone but I like picking on bad corners. There’s a good WR/CB article on fantasy labs. I had just read it, the main discussion is that matchup.

• Supanice

We have reached the part of the season where the slate changes completely during the week due to injuries. I had Olsen locked at TE, but with Cam probably out now.. not so sure.

Fitz is really the only WR I’m loving for the price for cash right now.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).