4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• thedkexperience

@JSteele said...

Antonio Brown had 8 targets on 24 snaps.

Obviously they won’t/can’t force feed him every game, but I could see him getting more playing time and targets while they integrate him into their offence against these easier opponents.

Edelman and Gordon played almost all of the offensive snaps, so that is where Brown will end up. I don’t know if it will be this week or not but the upside is humongous.

That’s pretty good info. I’m not big on snap percentage since it can be a bit misleading but when the greatest QB in history is throwing to the best WR of this generation it’s something that cannot be ignored.

I think I’ll get an AB share or two on Sunday. I mean he’s still more than talented enough to be priced like a superstar (9k on FD) but is only 7700. One monster game – which we should all know is gonna happen sooner rather than later – and he’ll be 9200 with triple the ownership.

Good look.

• JoeyG113

After all of the targets that Ertz got vs the Falcons, it makes sense to play him this Sunday. Add in the injuries that the Eagles currently have at their skilled positions, and now it is hard to fade him.

Is there room for a little concern though? Bill Belichick disciple, Matt Patricia, likes to take away a team’s number one option. I think we are in agreeance that Ertz poses the biggest matchup problem for the Lions, and surely he will receive more attention because of that.

While the Lion’s defensive line is much improved, they have allowed 5.2 yards per rush through two games. Couple that with the Eagle’s inability to stop big plays in the passing game, and I think Doug Pederson’s approach is to run the football or use his stable of backs more in this game.

The Eagles using their backs more should limit the amount of possessions in which they have to worry about Stafford, Golladay and Co taking advantage of them with long passing plays. If they are successful in using their backs, that could also open the door up for Ertz to eventually get the kind of coverage he can take advantage of.

Even if the Eagles find success with using their backs, how long it it before Ertz gets those matchups? Maybe it doesn’t matter, and maybe he gets 15 targets by default. Those 15 targets will more than likely be heavily defended.

• thedkexperience

Son of a b … ESPN needs to get out of the DFS update game. Love it when we put our heads together to come up with “”(player-popup #mark-ingram)Mark Ingram”:/players/mark-ingram-11706 is a pretty good play” and Field Yates just goes and push messages to literally every person with the ESPN fantasy app.

It’s great when they are wildly wrong but come on Yates.

Back in my day studying had its advantages! Get off my lawn!

• AVivier

Jimmy Graham now very questionable to play. Injuries are getting pretty hard to keep track of.

• spcgoarmycarr

John brown

• Agent47

Sorry if this was already discussed in the previous 20 pages, but I like Dalvin Cook this week a lot on DK., Even with the price increase, he’s still below 8K and will save you some dough compared to the top 3 RBs. The Vikings are the 3rd biggest favorites on the board behind DAL and NE, and Cook is near the top of the league in touches per game and leading in rushing yards per game through 2 weeks. All that for less than 8K? Sign me up!

The Raiders are ranked 4th in rushing DVOA but that’s skewed by Mahomes doing it all for KC last week. In Week 1, Denver’s RBs combined for about 100 rushing yards and ~5 yards per carry.

• thedkexperience

@Agent47 said...

Sorry if this was already discussed in the previous 20 pages, but I like Dalvin Cook this week a lot on DK., Even with the price increase, he’s still below 8K and will save you some dough compared to the top 3 RBs. The Vikings are the 3rd biggest favorites on the board behind DAL and NE, and Cook is near the top of the league in touches per game and leading in rushing yards per game through 2 weeks. All that for less than 8K? Sign me up!

The Raiders are ranked 4th in rushing DVOA but that’s skewed by Mahomes doing it all for KC last week. In Week 1, Denver’s RBs combined for about 100 rushing yards and ~5 yards per carry.

I’ll bring you up to speed. Pretty much everyone agrees but there seems to be a worry that it may get out of hand and cost him a few carries that he’d normally get.

• Agent47

@thedkexperience said...

I’ll bring you up to speed. Pretty much everyone agrees but there seems to be a worry that it may get out of hand and cost him a few carries that he’d normally get.

Okay, thanks. I’m not worried about the possibility of reduced carries. They led big most of the way against the Falcons in Week 1 and he still had 21 carries and a couple of catches. If the game does get out of hand, I think there’s a good chance that it’s because he smashes.

• marker0357

Amendola, Sanu, or Agholar?

Amendola fits better in a short passing game while PHI’s weak spot is downfield.
    Sanu is 4th or 5th option but Indy’s pass rush may put enough pressure on Ryan to warrant dump-offs to Freeman and short crosses to Sanu.
    Agholar may be forced into #1 option with DJax unlikely to play and Jeffery hobbled

• mike42

@econbrah11 said...

You think Balt will stick with the run when the Chiefs put up 30+ points like they always do at home? It won’t happen.

It happened last year when they played at KC. Now they are in better position to do it but pretty sure they contained that O less than a year ago and now KC is down Hill, a LT and it might rain. KC isn’t going to roll Balt and throw them off their game. This is a really good Balt team that’s built to do exactly what I’m saying they are going to do……again.

• PaperStacking92

Marlon Mack didn’t practice today,he’s supposedly downplaying the calf injury he’s got. But would open a spot for Hines or Wilkins to smash on.

• mike42

@JoeyG113 said...

After all of the targets that Ertz got vs the Falcons, it makes sense to play him this Sunday. Add in the injuries that the Eagles currently have at their skilled positions, and now it is hard to fade him.

Is there room for a little concern though? Bill Belichick disciple, Matt Patricia, likes to take away a team’s number one option. I think we are in agreeance that Ertz poses the biggest matchup problem for the Lions, and surely he will receive more attention because of that.

While the Lion’s defensive line is much improved, they have allowed 5.2 yards per rush through two games. Couple that with the Eagle’s inability to stop big plays in the passing game, and I think Doug Pederson’s approach is to run the football or use his stable of backs more in this game.

The Eagles using their backs more should limit the amount of possessions in which they have to worry about Stafford, Golladay and Co taking advantage of them with long passing plays. If they are successful in using their backs, that could also open the door up for Ertz to eventually get the kind of coverage he can take advantage of.

Even if the Eagles find success with using their backs, how long it it before Ertz gets those matchups? Maybe it doesn’t matter, and maybe he gets 15 targets by default. Those 15 targets will more than likely be heavily defended.

I agree with the notion the Philly RB’s will get more play and that could eat into every one else’s stats. Playing a $3900 talented dual threat back may be the way to go. Det May get Hand back I think at DT, that may change things a bit or not.

• mike42

@thedkexperience said...

Son of a b … ESPN needs to get out of the DFS update game. Love it when we put our heads together to come up with “”(player-popup #mark-ingram)Mark Ingram”:/players/mark-ingram-11706 is a pretty good play” and Field Yates just goes and push messages to literally every person with the ESPN fantasy app.

It’s great when they are wildly wrong but come on Yates.

Back in my day studying had its advantages! Get off my lawn!

Ingram was never going to be sneaky but playing him naked in that game would be.

• superjon

@Agent47 said...

Okay, thanks. I’m not worried about the possibility of reduced carries. They led big most of the way against the Falcons in Week 1 and he still had 21 carriers and a couple of catches. If the game does get out of hand, I think there’s a good chance that it’s because he smashes.

Dalvin Cook is the “Beast of the Week”, so have fun with that one.

• JSteele

With all the TE plays, I think I like Kittle the most. It’s only a matter of time until he has his break out game. Dissly scored twice against Pittsburgh, and now they have to integrate Minkah Fitzpatrick into their defense. I’m expecting some miscommunication on D from Pittsburgh and the 49ers should be able to control the ballgame with no Ben and possibly no Conner.

• marker0357

@superjon said...

Dalvin Cook is the “Beast of the Week”, so have fun with that one.

I think Minny throws everyone off their game and attacks heavy with the passing game. This could be a route.

• Ace15

@marker0357 said...

I think Minny throws everyone off their game and attacks heavy with the passing game. This could be a route.

Seems very Mike Zimmer like lol

• doit222

@marker0357 said...

MN has the worst rated pass blocking line in the league and are in a smash spot at home as a big favorite. I’m from MN and all we’ve heard is Zim talk about running the ball for months. I don’t think he suddely switches things up in a very winnable home game behind a terrible line and a shaky qb.

• Agent47

@doit222 said...

MN has the worst rated pass blocking line in the league and are in a smash spot at home as a big favorite. I’m from MN and all we’ve heard is Zim talk about running the ball for months. I don’t think he suddely switches things up in a very winnable home game behind a terrible line and a shaky qb.

I agree. Cook has played very well through the first 2 weeks and seems to be the centerpiece of their offense. So I don’t see why they would suddenly decide to go pass-happy in week 3 from the opening kick-off for no reason. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

• econbrah11

@mike42 said...

It happened last year when they played at KC. Now they are in better position to do it but pretty sure they contained that O less than a year ago and now KC is down Hill, a LT and it might rain. KC isn’t going to roll Balt and throw them off their game. This is a really good Balt team that’s built to do exactly what I’m saying they are going to do……again.

Last year they didn’t want Lamar to throw. With what he showed this year I really don’t think they’ll stick to the run. My 2 cents

• thedkexperience

@econbrah11 said...

Last year they didn’t want Lamar to throw. With what he showed this year I really don’t think they’ll stick to the run. My 2 cents

For what it’s worth last season Baltimore lead the NFL in plays per game despite a heavy run slant. This says to me that they have the odd ability to run in situations where normal teams wouldn’t even consider it.

• RatedDAL

There goes the FitzMagic dart throws.

• queensfinest

@RatedDAL said...

There goes the FitzMagic dart throws.

ppl were actually gonna start fitzpatrick? yikes lol

• econbrah11

@thedkexperience said...

For what it’s worth last season Baltimore lead the NFL in plays per game despite a heavy run slant. This says to me that they have the odd ability to run in situations where normal teams wouldn’t even consider it.

Again it was last year. I’ll still play Lamar with Hollywood Brown and/or Mark Andrews with confidence sunday.

• BIF

Josh Rosen era begins on Miami

Fitz is on the clipboard

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).