4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• DayThugginFOURlife

Need some help with my flex pick in year long fantasy!? Andrews ,or stack hardman with Sammy Watkins… I can’t bench keen Allen but I don’t feel very comfortable having Boyd on my bench

• ASitar

Wow, was there a stat correction? I woke up winning less than I did after the game was over and I see someone ended up solo in 1st. With a fairly vanilla LU. Strange how that usually happens.

• BIF

@ASitar said...

Wow, was there a stat correction? I woke up winning less than I did after the game was over and I see someone ended up solo in 1st. With a fairly vanilla LU. Strange how that usually happens.

Something changed maybe 30-60 seconds after the game was over – I only noticed a change in the amount I was winning in one contest where I went for being tied for the last cashing spot to inching up a couple spots to get the full amount.

It mayst have only been a couple of yards that were adjusted.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #41

RG Tiered Ranking

@ASitar said...

They gave Mariota the 300 yard bonus

• Supanice

CG MIA? Really want to hear his thoughts on Olsen vs Cardinals.

• monarch

RB is gross.

I may lock in Freeman/Mostert and keep moving

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

RB is gross.

I may lock in Freeman/Mostert and keep moving

Odd week. Paying up at RB and using one in the flex spot to me right now is not looking optimal. I have no issue jamming in CMC and Elliot and probably will at times, but outside of that it’s a lot of “blah.”

Basically this week my WR pool is a lot larger than usual and my RB is a lot smaller than usual.

• JSteele

There are a few RBs I like this week.

Zeke goes without saying
    Cook
    Jones
    Ekeler

I don’t really like the idea of paying down at RB, especially if they are going to be some chalk with Gore and the KC RB

• SteeloCity

Anyone else like DJ this week? Panthers defense ranked 25th against the run.

• AVivier

@JSteele said...

There are a few RBs I like this week.

Zeke goes without saying
    Cook
    Jones
    Ekeler

I don’t really like the idea of paying down at RB, especially if they are going to be some chalk with Gore and the KC RB

Gore is projected at between 2-5% on the 2 sites I subscribe to. Zeke, Cook and Ekeler are all 17% and up on both. High priced RBs are the way most people are trending this week.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Odd week. Paying up at RB and using one in the flex spot to me right now is not looking optimal. I have no issue jamming in CMC and Elliot and probably will at times, but outside of that it’s a lot of “blah.”

Basically this week my WR pool is a lot larger than usual and my RB is a lot smaller than usual.

That has been whats winning. Two RB and upside at WR/DST

• JTAx33

@SteeloCity said...

Anyone else like DJ this week? Panthers defense ranked 25th against the run.

Very much

• JSteele

Ekeler and Jones on Yahoo makes a nice “value” combo. I’m sure Ekeler will be the highest owned over there at a nice discount from Zeke and Cook at $33 each.

It also allows you to pay up at some key positions this week.

• doit222

@JSteele said...

Ekeler and Jones on Yahoo makes a nice “value” combo. I’m sure Ekeler will be the highest owned over there at a nice discount from Zeke and Cook at $33 each.

It also allows you to pay up at some key positions this week.

What’s your thought process for touting Jones when the coach said this week he wants carries split to keep Jones fresh and the broncos have only allows 3.47 ypc to opposing rb’s thus far?

• mike42

Starting to think there are more reasons than not to play K. Allen at QB.

Ingram- one thing that I learned last year is play RB’s Vs D’s that struggle or just sucks at stopping the run or with pass catching backs. It almost makes sense to do it backwards, find the worse rush D’s and just play the RB’s facing them especially if they are not chalky. Ingram is built for rain and he can breakaway from the pack to some degree. Sloppy footing helps Ingram, makes him harder to bring down. It’s the light RB’s that slip and slide in rain. He’s not slow and he should catch a couple balls too. He’s not sneaky but I think he ends up a top 5 RB play for the day.

Gore- He’s not Fitzgerald or Brady when it comes to defying age, but he’s a bad guy to count out. Now that we know he is going to end up sub 5% ownership I’m guessing it makes sense to be over. 1 in 3 shot at least he gets you 20 and 25 wouldn’t be an outlier. Cincy’s Corners are solid, think Buf runs it right at them w Gore enough to matter and game script should be ideal. The trade off from Singletary to Yeldon should not be 1 to 1. Singletary was playing more snaps than yeldon should and I think Gore has 1 more big day in his body.

Philly- I do think they try to go run heavy and Sanders is worth a flier in a week when everyone will pay up at RB which means less tgts for Philly WR’s. One of the Philly WR’s should still have a big day at near min pricing and I like the odds of it being the one nobody is on, the one playing D. Jackson’s role, Hollins. Ultimate respect for coach Peterson and using the run to setup play action would be my guess to how he plays it this game. If that’s the case, Hollins would prolly be the one to benefit from a big play and the ownership will be HEAVILY skewed towards the other 2 and so should coverage. Ownership should be 60-35-5 between the 3 WR’s with Agulor being the fav and hollins having close to zero ownership. He’s going to get shots in this one and Wentz isn’t gun shy.

Fitzgerald/Kirk- These guys are both 1k plus underpriced based on opportunity. Arz’s struggles in the red zone have masked it a bit but regardless, they are at a steep discount. Fitzgerald getting high adot tgts and heavy red zone usage and Kirk is going to catch a long TD sooner rather than later. 10 plus tgts is worth more than 5k in this setup and you can play both given Cars best corners play outside and both of these guys play slot.

Kittle/TE’s- Starting week thinking he’s due and than watched highlights of SF and remembered that Jimmy G spreads it around and that made me like him a little less. Andrews is a sharp play no matter how you slice it. Something about everyone watching Ertz get peppered with tgts on SNF, including the rocket scientist, makes me like him less. Olsen was Cams security blanket but I don’t think he’ll be Allen’s. Matchup is good for WR’s and TE’s and Moore/Samuel will not get the ownership that Olsen should get. Like all 3 just got the feeling Allen will hit the big plays to WR’s that we thought Cam would.

• Grnmasheen

@mike42 said...

Starting to think there are more reasons than not to play K. Allen at QB.

Ingram- one thing that I learned last year is play RB’s Vs D’s that struggle or just sucks at stopping the run or with pass catching backs. It almost makes sense to do it backwards, find the worse rush D’s and just play the RB’s facing them especially if they are not chalky. Ingram is built for rain and he can breakaway from the pack to some degree. Sloppy footing helps Ingram, makes him harder to bring down. It’s the light RB’s that slip and slide in rain. He’s not slow and he should catch a couple balls too. He’s not sneaky but I think he ends up a top 5 RB play for the day.

Gore- He’s not Fitzgerald or Brady when it comes to defying age, but he’s a bad guy to count out. Now that we know he is going to end up sub 5% ownership I’m guessing it makes sense to be over. 1 in 3 shot at least he gets you 20 and 25 wouldn’t be an outlier. Cincy’s Corners are solid, think Buf runs it right at them w Gore enough to matter and game script should be ideal. The trade off from Singletary to Yeldon should not be 1 to 1. Singletary was playing more snaps than yeldon should and I think Gore has 1 more big day in his body.

Philly- I do think they try to go run heavy and Sanders is worth a flier in a week when everyone will pay up at RB which means less tgts for Philly WR’s. One of the Philly WR’s should still have a big day at near min pricing and I like the odds of it being the one nobody is on, the one playing D. Jackson’s role, Hollins. Ultimate respect for coach Peterson and using the run to setup play action would be my guess to how he plays it this game. If that’s the case, Hollins would prolly be the one to benefit from a big play and the ownership will be HEAVILY skewed towards the other 2 and so should coverage. Ownership should be 60-35-5 between the 3 WR’s with Agulor being the fav and hollins having close to zero ownership. He’s going to get shots in this one and Wentz isn’t gun shy.

Fitzgerald/Kirk- These guys are both 1k plus underpriced based on opportunity. Arz’s struggles in the red zone have masked it a bit but regardless, they are at a steep discount. Fitzgerald getting high adot tgts and heavy red zone usage and Kirk is going to catch a long TD sooner rather than later. 10 plus tgts is worth more than 5k in this setup and you can play both given Cars best corners play outside and both of these guys play slot.

Kittle/TE’s- Starting week thinking he’s due and than watched highlights of SF and remembered that Jimmy G spreads it around and that made me like him a little less. Andrews is a sharp play no matter how you slice it. Something about everyone watching Ertz get peppered with tgts on SNF, including the rocket scientist, makes me like him less. Olsen was Cams security blanket but I don’t think he’ll be Allen’s. Matchup is good for WR’s and TE’s and Moore/Samuel will not get the ownership that Olsen should get. Like all 3 just got the feeling Allen will hit the big plays to WR’s that we thought Cam would.

I like Kyle Allen as well. The question for me is whether AZ will sell out to stop CMac with AZ run defense being marginally better than pass defense; Jordan Hicks is a good cover backer. I can’t decide on Moore or Samuel so I’m looking for an excuse to double stack them with Allen.

• JSteele

@doit222 said...

What’s your thought process for touting Jones when the coach said this week he wants carries split to keep Jones fresh and the broncos have only allows 3.47 ypc to opposing rb’s thus far?

1. Coach Speak will keep his ownership down.
    2. The Broncos have played Josh Jacobs and David Montgomery. Their YPC numbers don’t stand out, but they have scored 3 TDs between them.
    3. This game is in Green Bay
    4. I expect Green Bay to have a lead the entire game.
    5. Did you see what Jones did to Minnesota’s good run D?
    6. Jones is cheap
    7. I doubt they give Jamaal Williams an “even split” after Jones had a phenomenal game.
    8. Jones also catches passes
    9. I expect most of the ownership to go towards Zeke, Cook, CMC, Ekeler, so pairing one of those guys with Jones will give me a little bit of differentiation this week.
    10. The other plays that are +- $2 on Yahoo this week are (Sony Michel, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, Mark Ingram, Matt Breida, Devonta Freeman, Kerryon Johnson) All players that have been terrible or are in a clear time share at the RB spot.
    11. Jamaal Williams was limited in practice and added to the injury report with an Ankle issue

• NarrowJ

Don’t know if this was surprising to anyone else, but it seemed like NE was literally forcing it to AB in the RZ last week. We know about the 24 snaps and 8 targets, but 5 of those targets were in the RZ. The rest of the NE roster combined for 0 (zero) RZ targets.

• JSteele

@NarrowJ said...

Don’t know if this was surprising to anyone else, but it seemed like NE was literally forcing it to AB in the RZ last week. We know about the 24 snaps and 8 targets, but 5 of those targets were in the RZ. The rest of the NE roster combined for 0 (zero) RZ targets.

It seems like they want to integrate him into this offense quickly against these terrible opponents so he fits in come playoff time. I don’t know if that kind of usage is sustainable over the entire season, but I could see them doing the same thing again this week. I like AB a ton as long as he’s allowed to play.

• econbrah11

@Grnmasheen said...

I like Kyle Allen as well. The question for me is if AZ will sell out to stop CMac with AZ run defense being marginally better than pass defense; Jordan Hicks is a good cover backer. I can’t decide on Moore or Samuel so I’m looking for an excuse to double stack them with Allen.

There’s no reason to play Kyle Allen. Carolina’s offense is built around Cam Newton and CMC and now they are without Cam. CMC will get the volume but he won’t have a lot of RZ looks because the Panthers offense will struggle. Their WR were touted during training camp but the reality is they will never thrive in this offense. And they have old man Olsen who can still have great games but he’s too much injury prone at this point.

I don’t get it at all. His floor is incredibly low and his ceiling is very limited.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@JSteele said...

It seems like they want to integrate him into this offense quickly against these terrible opponents so he fits in come playoff time.

Sports Illustrated’s Robert Klemko reports Antonio Brown sent harassing text messages to the unnamed accuser, Brown allegedly sent intimidating messages in a group text, including a screenshot of her kids. The accuser’s lawyer has sent a letter to the NFL asking them to step in. I think he’s almost forcing the NFL to step in. If this latest incident had come out on Monday instead of Friday he’d be out. When he DOES get put on commissioners exempt list next week does anyone think he’ll suddenly be able to stay out of the public eye. He will not be back for the playoffs

• realphipps

I can’t shake the feeling Duke Johnson catches 8 balls (on 11 targets) for 70+ yards and a TD at little to no ownership.

• kipboggins

@econbrah11 said...

There’s no reason to play Kyle Allen. Carolina’s offense is built around Cam Newton and CMC and now they are without Cam. CMC will get the volume but he won’t have a lot of RZ looks because the Panthers offense will struggle. Their WR were touted during training camp but the reality is they will never thrive in this offense. And they have old man Olsen who can still have great games but he’s too much injury prone at this point.

I don’t get it at all. His floor is incredibly low and his ceiling is very limited.

Disagree here. When Kyle Allen got the start on the ROAD last year he threw 2 TDs and ran one in for another. He does have a good ceiling here, especially with how Cards secondary is playing while PP is suspended and how fast this game will be played.

Also you throw in the revenge narrative of Allen getting benched for Murray while at A&M and I can really see Allen performing well for some extra motivation. Plus he is 4k on DK and can easily pay off his value especially with Curtis Samuel who I like stacking him the most with.

• Falconsfly

Thoughts on McCaff? Worth it or pay down to Ekeler?

• JSteele

@econbrah11 said...

Kyle Allen is playing in his home state
    Kyle Allen beat out Kyler Murray for the starting job at Texas A&M before Murray transferred and became a star, while Allen’s college career spiraled out of control and he went undrafted.
    Kyle Allen best friend is Christian Kirk
    Kliff Kingsbury once tried to recruit Kyle Allen, which he turned down.

Kyle Allen was also terrible in the preseason and his one NFL start came against the Saints when they rested everybody.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).