4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

I’ll have some Hollywood but only in onslaughts. I think he makes a poor one off.

• mike42

Seqoun-We’ve been waiting for OBJ and SB to playing in a good O with a QB who can make the D respect the whole field. We saw OBJ explode and I really like SB’s chances this week. He’s basically Mahomes at RB but is limited so many weeks by his pathetic situation. Now he has what looks like a good QB and what appears to be much improved O-line play. TB tough up front but studd young LB out and that may matter more than DT’s when factoring in SB’s skill set. Think O on QB’s first start runs through SB in what should be a higher scoring game. When factoring in ownership, I like his chances of being RB 1.

It’s like one of those plays where if you just play him whenever ownership is suppressed, you’d make money. His talent is always > than D and it’s still TB, not the 85 Bears.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@mike42 said...

Gore- He’s not Fitzgerald or Brady when it comes to defying age, but he’s a bad guy to count out. Now that we know he is going to end up sub 5% ownership I’m guessing it makes sense to be over. 1 in 3 shot at least he gets you 20 and 25 wouldn’t be an outlier. Cincy’s Corners are solid, think Buf runs it right at them w Gore enough to matter and game script should be ideal. The trade off from Singletary to Yeldon should not be 1 to 1. Singletary was playing more snaps than yeldon should and I think Gore has 1 more big day in his body.

Singletary got hurt with >5m left and Gore had the last 6 carries so I wouldn’t worry too much about Yeldon. Gore had 21 touches(19 carries) vs NYG. The game was 21-14 till the Bills scored a TD with 5:56 left. Maybe Gore gets a few more touches in a possibly better game-script? Just not sure which budges more, Gore’s 2.9 yds/c or Cincy’s run D giving up 5.4 yds/c. As a 3 lineup/3 max tourney player I might find it hard to play him but at

• mike42

About the Allen debate, his floor is lower than anyone’s. They go down 17-0 and he might get benched. Car season on the line and we’ve all seen that Arz front 7, which is still strong, play lights out at home. Worth a shot but far from a given.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Singletary got hurt with >5m left and Gore had the last 6 carries so I wouldn’t worry too much about Yeldon. Gore had 21 touches(19 carries) vs NYG. The game was 21-14 till the Bills scored a TD with 5:56 left. Maybe Gore gets a few more touches in a possibly better game-script? Just not sure which budges more, Gore’s 2.9 yds/c or Cincy’s run D giving up 5.4 yds/c. As a 3 lineup/3 max tourney player I might find it hard to play him but at

Tho if I was playing 150 lineups I see him in 10-12 so I can be a bit over the field

• hobbes2d

@mike42 said...

About the Allen debate, his floor is lower than anyone’s. They go down 17-0 and he might get benched. Car season on the line and we’ve all seen that Arz front 7, which is still strong, play lights out at home. Worth a shot but far from a given.

Who would they bench Allen for exactly? Will Grier is straight trash.

• AVivier

Damien Williams another DNP. Anyone have guesses on Chiefs touches between Shady, Darwin and Darrel?

• Smallchimp

@mike42 said...

It’s like one of those plays where if you just play him whenever ownership is suppressed, you’d make money. His talent is always > than D and it’s still TB, not the 85 Bears.

Just seems like an uphill play, there’s more outcomes where Barkley gets 17 FP than ones where he goes bonkers. Jones instead of Manning very well may be an upgrade for the entire offense and Devin White being out hurts the Bucc’s defense, but it wouldn’t be surprising if Barkley has a relatively pedestrian outing due to a defense that should still be able to make him have to earn his yards.

People are definitely going to blow the CMC dud out of proportion and think TB is an elite run-stopping defense, but I don’t think this presents itself as a high upside play besides based on talent. Which yeah, talent can transcend match up, but game plan can still focus and slow a single player down.

• econbrah11

@hobbes2d said...

Who would they benc

CMC did throw a TD pass last year. They will run the wildcat all game long

• Smallchimp

@AVivier said...

Damien Williams another DNP. Anyone have guesses on Chiefs touches between Shady, Darwin and Darrel?

15 Shady
    7 Darrel
    2 Darwin

Maybe? Pass protection prefers Williams over Thompson, so I’d figure he’d get the more “complimentary” role while Thompson gets the extra carries

• HoodsFromTheWood

@mike42 said...

Totally agree Rivera’s on the hot seat with their season hanging in the balance. After seeing some of his press conferences I think a very proud/stubborn Riverboat Ron stays with Allen as long as possible, not wanting to admit he made the wrong decision starting Allen over Grier. I’m in the camp that thinks Allen will be more accurate than a gimpy Cam elevating the offense on the way. He has a few extra days of practice and he already knows the playbook. Lol I hope I’m not one of those guys that around 7:00ish Sunday night are singing the (“F@#% I wish I’d payed up for QB) Blues

• mike42

@Smallchimp said...

15 Shady
    7 Darrel
    2 Darwin

Maybe? Pass protection prefers Williams over Thompson, so I’d figure he’d get the more “complimentary” role while Thompson gets the extra carries

I was of the belief Darwin would be the play but I honestly don’t know.

• mike42

@Smallchimp said...

Just seems like an uphill play, there’s more outcomes where Barkley gets 17 FP than ones where he goes bonkers. Jones instead of Manning very well may be an upgrade for the entire offense and Devin White being out hurts the Bucc’s defense, but it wouldn’t be surprising if Barkley has a relatively pedestrian outing due to a defense that should still be able to make him have to earn his yards.

People are definitely going to blow the CMC dud out of proportion and think TB is an elite run-stopping defense, but I don’t think this presents itself as a high upside play besides based on talent. Which yeah, talent can transcend match up, but game plan can still focus and slow a single player down.

What I was saying is that maybe for the first time in his MFL career a D can’t just load the box and not worry about plays downfield. IF, and it’s a medium sized if, DJ is completing passes like a normal NFL QB, I think SB has a real shot at a ceiling game. If he did well Vs an elite Bif D with Eli sans Shepard last week i don’t why he couldn’t get another 10 plus DK points this week in a better setup. I don’t think TB has anyone that can stay with him at LB and that should lead to some big plays.

TB can clog up the middle but that’s a small part of SB’s game.

• Smallchimp

@mike42 said...

I was of the belief Darwin would be the play but I honestly don’t know.

Unless Reid decides that Thompson is ready for a workload, he’s probably going to be a peripheral member of the backfield. I don’t think he’s especially trusting of his pass blocking at the moment.

• jcotdl

this is from espn’s week 3 rankings.. fwiw
    25.Daniel Jones
    26. Kyle Allen
    27. Derek Carr
    28. Keenum
    29. Mariota

• jcotdl

so some would say you could do worse than to pick Allen

• AVivier

Exciting. Home run threat against a beatable secondary.

https://twitter.com/jrown32/status/1175096721367543809?s=21

Diontae Johnson says that #Steelers coaches told him that he’s the starter “from here on out.” @937theFan

• realphipps

@AVivier said...

Diontae Johnson says that #Steelers coaches told him that he’s the starter “from here on out.” @937theFan

• hobbes2d

@AVivier said...

Lol Niners are #2 in defensive DVOA and 2nd vs the pass right behind NE.

• AVivier

@hobbes2d said...

Lol Niners are #2 in defensive DVOA and 2nd vs the pass right behind NE.

I understand they have done well through 2 games, their talent level in the secondary is still questionable.

• hobbes2d

@AVivier said...

I understand they have done well through 2 games, their talent level in the secondary is still questionable.

Talent was never the problem there. Injuries and lack of pass rush was. For now guys are healthy and they’re getting after the QB.

• NDNole

Damien Williams officially ruled out. I was hoping that wouldn’t happen til closer to game time. Could be a big shady week. Not much production, a big red 1st next to opponent rank will deter many. I just hope he doesn’t get touted to high ownership.

• AVivier

@AVivier said...

Damien officially out.

• lukemiller42

Well I’m going back to my original thought of the week; Murray as QB. It’s tough to fade Mahomes but that cards stack is just too enticing. I really do like Barkley a lot.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@jcotdl said...

so some would say you could do worse than to pick Allen

So I guess you could do worse than using ESPN to rank your QBs. FWIW he’s low ranked every where. Our job is to find the mistakes in those rankings

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).