4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Njsum1

@queensfinest said...

i think im going with 2 tight ends next week with andrews and olsen. hes been getting targeted and arizona has been terrible defending tight ends. wrs are the position im struggling with

Honestly, not a bad idea, not bad at all, quite good actually.

• mr_papageorgio

Steelers just traded their likely top 10 first rounder next year for Minkah Fitzpatrick. We need help on D but I think that pick is a little too much to pay with Ben down for the year.

• mike42

@mr_papageorgio said...

Steelers just traded their likely top 10 first rounder next year for Minkah Fitzpatrick. We need help on D but I think that pick is a little too much to pay with Ben down for the year.

That’s an awful trade. Makes no sense and it might be a top 5 pick. They could go 1-5 or 0-6 just in their division.

• Smallchimp

@thedkexperience said...

They should probably throw 2000 on every RB’s price.

Heard Al Zeidenfeld mention it before, but bellcow RB prices should really be increased to somewhere around NBA All Star prices or at least higher relative to WRs. It seems like they’ve gotten a little better with it, especially when remembering Gurley was 20% of your entire salary at points last season, but playing stud RBs seems so safe while having insane upside. WR is aided by volume, but in a large part it’s efficiency based and volume can be variable. Wouldn’t be upset if they made RBs more expensive

• mike42

@JoeyG113 said...

If Singletary doesn’t suit up for the Bills this weekend, the only Bill’s RB to have logged a carry in the 1st two games is Frank Gore.

Bills are playing at home and are favored by a touchdown. Then add in to the equation that the Bengals allowed over 200 yards rushing, 75 yards receiving, and 3 touchdowns to 49er backs this weekend. While defending the run better in Week 1, the Bengals also allowed two touchdowns to Seattle backs.

The remaining Bill’s backfield in Gore and Yeldon doesn’t really give you much upside, but it isn’t out of consideration that one of them could have multiple touchdowns this week.

I wouldn’t put too much stock in the SF game, Shanahan is better at extracting production from mediocre backs than anyone I’ve ever seen. Gore probably scores, might get a 100 yards but probably not and will probably lose pass game usage. Lock in cash but probably a fade in GPP’s especially of his ownership gets crazy.

• mnstone14

so, uh… bell too cheap for a game script that should be really similar to tonight?

• Njsum1

@mnstone14 said...

so, uh… bell too cheap for a game script that should be really similar to tonight?

This could go either way…it could be such a bad blowout, that bell spends a lot of time on the bench. Pats def is good as well.

But Bell is still Bell, even though he’s running behind a crappy o line. So if the game miraculously stays close, 7k is a good price. Keep in mind…tonight’s game was close until the 4th quarter.

• queensfinest

@Njsum1 said...

Honestly, not a bad idea, not bad at all, quite good actually.

thx man. andrews is a lock especially in this matchup vs kc which should be very high scoring and olsen has looked good and has an amazing matchup. 2 real solid players that you dont have to pay a ton for

• miggs6876

@mr_papageorgio said...

Sounds like desperation.

• miggs6876

@mike42 said...

I wouldn’t put too much stock in the SF game, Shanahan is better at extracting production from mediocre backs than anyone I’ve ever seen. Gore probably scores, might get a 100 yards but probably not and will probably lose pass game usage. Lock in cash but probably a fade in GPP’s especially of his ownership gets crazy.

At 5.7k on fd he allows me some good leverage to spend up. I like him but I agree not sure he gets you there in a gpp.

• miggs6876

@Njsum1 said...

This could go either way…it could be such a bad blowout, that bell spends a lot of time on the bench. Pats def is good as well.

But Bell is still Bell, even though he’s running behind a crappy o line. So if the game miraculously stays close, 7k is a good price. Keep in mind…tonight’s game was close until the 4th quarter.

I can’t play him this week. Complete fade for me.

• 33BeRad

@BIF said...

Howard is in the Doghouse with Arians after a brutal Week 1 performance and not being able to get open on Week 2 when he did see the field.

Ok, good to know. Thanks

Vintage ELI at Sub 1%! Be passing from
    behind all day I feel like.. T B keys on Barks.. see at least 3 pass TDs for the old man vs T B.

• Steverino01

@866 said...

behind all day I feel like.. T B keys on Barks.. see at least 3 pass TDs for the old man vs T B.

Will Eli even be playing?

• Kamais_Ookin

Vegas continues to confuse me as I cash freely their lines. Why did Seattle at home open small favorites vs bree-less saints? Why aren’t cowboys and patriots lines set at -30? Rams one of the best teams in NFL -2~ favorites over shit browns? I don’t understand.

• AggieBird

Have to roll with Dak and Zeke this week. Gallup out for 2-4 opens up more opportunity for the workhorse RB to get carries. In the air, I’d say safest bets are Cobb and Witten/Jarwin in terms of targets. Lot of people will go Devin Smith crazy, but I don’t see him being biggest benefactor despite the long score against Washington. I’m playing whatever defense faces Miami every week for the guarantee of solid performance…so this week feels like an obvious Dallas stack. Leveon against the Pats with Falk likely playing QB. Lot of dump offs his way for the easy +1 with PPR. If Ramsey ends up out the door, Corey Davis or AJ Brown may be a play facing that secondary; just whoever tickles your fancy…Davis will probably have much lower ownership with the way his year has started. Golladay against that Eagles secondary should be intriguing to most, granted Ramsey doesn’t end up there. On the flipside, Agholor or Hollins won’t be terrible value plays if Alshon is out. These are just some of my early morning, early week thoughts. Wanted to get more of a dialogue going and see what everyone is thinking as we get closer to Sunday (or Thursday for those running Thurs-Mon lineups). First post for me and strictly a DK player, btw. Really trying to get into the grind more and hopefully get my lineups from “if the ball would have just broken my way on this play, I would have won real cash” to “I can’t believe I turned this $20 into a million!” Look forward to hearing other opinions throughout the week and season. It’s the best time of the year, hope you all are enjoying the football and I wish you the best of luck with your lineups!

• SteeloCity

Man everyone is so expensive this week

• thedkexperience

@866 said...

Are you opening up H2H matches by chance?

Asking for a friend.

• mike42

@miggs6876 said...

At 5.7k on fd he allows me some good leverage to spend up. I like him but I agree not sure he gets you there in a gpp.

IDK about FD, just play DK, but I think most will miss the fact that he won’t get bell cow usage. He’s old and an important piece of what should be a playoff team this year. Imagine the plan going in would not to give him too many touches for said reasons. Awful matchup for cincy too. They can’t run and if they are pass 50x against this D it’s not going to end well.

A sneaky play may be Mixon. Buf is the opposite of Sea, if Cincy is smart (think they are), imagine Cincy’s Plan would revolve around him. Doesn’t mean it will work but you can feel pretty confident he’ll get the touches early and have a shot at a big day.

In a somewhat related matter, same type of issue resides in Houston. Hyde did end up getting 20 plus touches and now they are facing the best pass rush duo in the NFL. Hyde is going to get more than enough work to justify his price. We may find out Watson is playing injured after the fact. Imagine Houston tries to establish the run early in this one to help make sure Watson is around to play another to see the end.

• superjon

@mnstone14 said...

L’Veon Bell? With a 12.75 implied total? On the road? Against the Patriots?

You can do better. Much, much better.

• Ace15

Locking in Vance for the revenge game narrative (jk, but looks like safety outlet for Mason). Love the WR 5K to 6K range. Pay up RB, value WR’s, pick and choose Lamar/Mahomes and profit.

• Njsum1

@AggieBird said...

Have to roll with Dak and Zeke this week. Gallup out for 2-4 opens up more opportunity for the workhorse RB to get carries

Idk if you want to roll with both. The path to fantasy points should be real easy. Yet this game is likely over by halftime. Is Dak going to continue to throw it in the second half?

I see Dak getting some points early without much resistance, yet I don’t see a ceiling. Zeke will likely get his early and often and he seems to be the safer play, even though he may be limited in the second half, if/when the game gets out of hand. Yet he may have 100 and 2td by the time he sits.

Edit…also why would I play Dak for 6500 when I can play #babygoatMahomes for 7600 or Ben Lamar for 7000k. If I’m not playing Mahomes or Jackson (yet moreso Mahomes) I prefer taking some shots on some guys in the 5500 range.

• monarch

Amari Cooper has positive H/R splits and can break the slate in the first half alone…that would mean Dak would have gone off as well in that scenario.

• monarch

Godwin is more expensive than Mike Evans. That’s like an inverted yield curve or something. Mike Evans get right game?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I’m not going to be worried about Dolphins blowouts because every team will want to really beat them for tanking.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).