4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mike42

@JSteele said...

My bad. I like the Giants receivers in this one. I’ll have to wait and see who is actually playing but Cody Lattimer, Evan Engram, TJ Jones as of right now.

No worries. The coaches were being honest when they said Engram was getting peppered with tgts thus year. TE and a good run game a QB’s best friends. I think he struggles hitting a WR enough to smash.

Lindsay- his price has come down to the point where I think he is in play. Similar abilities to cook and GB coming off BB division games, maybe a little bit of a letdown spot. Think he gets that 1 big play that helps him smash his 4300 price tag.

• JoeyG113

@Njsum1 said...

There’s room for Godwin and Mike Evans to do well against the Giants. Plenty of reasons to think Evans (irregardless of what Godwin does) has a nice game this week.

Lots of eyes on the TB receivers, but I think the backs for the Bucs have plenty of room for success as well.

TB is a touchdown favorite at home vs a rookie QB who doesn’t have a healthy roster of WRs. Why wouldn’t TB get a lead, keep it, and run the hell out of Barber and Ronald Jones?

• mike42

No idea why we have talked about 3 cowboys and not mentioned the best play, D. Smith. Dak has been spreading it around this year, Cooper going to be covered well, Smith and/or Cobb should do well.

• Luctyl99

@JoeyG113 said...

Lots of eyes on the TB receivers, but I think the backs for the Bucs have plenty of room for success as well.

TB is a touchdown favorite at home vs a rookie QB who doesn’t have a healthy roster of WRs. Why wouldn’t TB get a lead, keep it, and run the hell out of Barber and Ronald Jones?

Because that’s not what the Bucs do

• keephustlincuz

@mike42 said...

No idea why we have talked about 3 cowboys and not mentioned the best play, D. Smith. Dak has been spreading it around this year, Cooper going to be covered well, Smith and/or Cobb should do well.

He was mentioned on page 2.

Dak Zeke smith dst stack?

• econbrah11

@draftkings5464 said...

Giants name Daniel Jones as starting QB.

I love this. It’s a trap play. People will play him for the discount salary yet the Giants are without their 3 starting WRs. I hope this lowers the ownership of Lamar as Baltimore vs KC will be the one to stack.

• JoeyG113

@mike42 said...

Lindsay- his price has come down to the point where I think he is in play. Similar abilities to cook and GB coming off BB division games, maybe a little bit of a letdown spot. Think he gets that 1 big play that helps him smash his 4300 price tag.

Oh, I like that play. My first angle in this game was going to be Courtland Sutton. He has been targeted about 8 times each game, and after Sanders has had 2 successful weeks, this is a perfect spot to get on Sutton.

Being that the Broncos are a touchdown underdog, there should be more targets available for Sutton. I am going to go watch a little film on the GB defensive backs to see if this play has legs. They did let Robinson go over 100 in week 1 and they allowed two 50 yard passing plays last week as well.

If I were betting, I would take the +7.5 Broncos, and I really would consider them straight up for the reasons you mentioned in your post. I think Lindsay or Sutton has a big day and both are similarly priced.

• Njsum1

@JoeyG113 said...

If the game plays out like that, one of TB backs could do well, at low ownership. I just don’t think Tampa is that good, and that Daniel Jones is good enough to keep it a game. Either way I see one if not both of the receivers having a good game.

• queensfinest

cam might be out sunday. is olsen still a good option? who is the backup qb?

• Dunzor

@queensfinest said...

cam might be out sunday. is olsen still a good option? who is the backup qb?

the only info I’ve seen so far is he wasn’t at practice yet today, but we have no details yet if it was an injury or personal issue or whatever

• thedkexperience

@JoeyG113 said...

Oh, I like that play. My first angle in this game was going to be Courtland Sutton. He has been targeted about 8 times each game, and after Sanders has had 2 successful weeks, this is a perfect spot to get on Sutton.

Being that the Broncos are a touchdown underdog, there should be more targets available for Sutton. I am going to go watch a little film on the GB defensive backs to see if this play has legs. They did let Robinson go over 100 in week 1 and they allowed two 50 yard passing plays last week as well.

If I were betting, I would take the +7.5 Broncos, and I really would consider them straight up for the reasons you mentioned in your post. I think Lindsay or Sutton has a big day and both are similarly priced.

While I have not looked closely at the line I’ll repeat exactly what I said last week when I was saying to take the Bears defense.

Joe Flacco is awful. He is now the worst starting vet QB in the NFL due to Eli’s benching. He should not be backed unless you’re a masochist.

• Luctyl99

Why would John Browns price go down 400 on FanDuel in a matchup against the bengals?

• stellagirl

@Dunzor said...

the only info I’ve seen so far is he wasn’t at practice yet today, but we have no details yet if it was an injury or personal issue or whatever

CAM was not in practice today, limited to rehab work only. He reaggrevated his foot injury in week 2’s game. TBD if he will be available this weekend.

• queensfinest

@Dunzor said...

he aggravated a foot injury

• JTAx33

Kyle Allen at 4k against Arizona would be hard to pass up

• mike42

@JTAx33 said...

Kyle Allen at 4k against Arizona would be hard to pass up

It’s not W. Greer?

• JSteele

@mike42 said...

Cooper at home is a thing. But also if this game is over by half, they let the scrubs play. Smith, and Pollard probably.

• JoeyG113

@Luctyl99 said...

Because that’s not what the Bucs do

Actually, based on their play this season, that is what they should do, and have somewhat done.

If you look at their scoring drives this season, all of them have come from either running the ball more than passing, or at least being balanced in their attack. I would reach to say that a couple of their best drives were when Ronald Jones ran down the throats of the 49ers in week 1 and last week when Barber cashed in from 16 yards out and on a drive where Ronald Jones gashed the Panthers for 12 yards.

When they have put the ball in Winston’s hands more than they should, it usually bites them in the ass.. example week 1. They ran the ball more than they passed in week 2 and got a road win.

When was the last time you remember them being in a game script as a touchdown favorite? I think the RBs can be just as successful given their pricing points, and they are far more contrarian than Evans and Godwin.

• JoeyG113

@thedkexperience said...

While I have not looked closely at the line I’ll repeat exactly what I said last week when I was saying to take the Bears defense.

Joe Flacco is awful. He is now the worst starting vet QB in the NFL due to Eli’s benching. He should not be backed unless you’re a masochist.

I agree with you, but if I am not mistaken the winner of the milly this weekend had Emmanuel Sanders in their lineup and we know who throws him the football.

• thedkexperience

@JoeyG113 said...

I agree with you, but if I am not mistaken the winner of the milly this weekend had Emmanuel Sanders in their lineup and we know who throws him the football.

Fair … just wanted to throw it out there. Using one of his WRs isn’t a bad idea, but I figured I’d caution anyone who thought that a Joe Flacco onslaught build was a solid plan. Haha

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Mike Evans has been playing with a Q tag for an illness. I wouldn’t jump to bury his grave so soon

• miggs6876

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

This is a long term investment..this is a great trade for the Steelers. The Steelers drafts (not counting Bush) have been absolutely horrific the past 5 years. This isn’t Bill Cowher’s Steelers anymore. They obviously are clueless on drafting defensive talent. Now I’d like to see them sell the farm and get Ramsey and go old school..defense and running the football. The O-LINE is the only thing that is solid on the Steelers..its time to go old school because having the Killer B’s and scoring a ton of points got the Steelers absolutely no where.

You are living in the best. That kind of football doesn’t give you the best chance to win. Yes good defense and serviceable running game is essential. However, you need to have a dynamic QB who get the ball downfield.

• CheeseCutter

Aaron Jones is $6100 DK, $6900 FD, a -7.5 home favorite against Denvers 23rd ranked run defense. He’s Green Bay’s bell cow in LaFleur’s offense. He had 23 carries and 6 targets against the Vikings this past week. I expect more of the same going forward,. McCarthy underused him, but LaFleur won’t.

His price will be going up from where it is as the year rolls on, as long as he stays healthy.

• thedkexperience

@miggs6876 said...

You are living in the best. That kind of football doesn’t give you the best chance to win. Yes good defense and serviceable running game is essential. However, you need to have a dynamic QB who get the ball downfield.

Yup. Winning with defense sounds great but unless your QB is dynamic it won’t happen. You gotta score, score quickly and score again. You might win a game with defense, like last year’s SB, but you’re not getting to the SB these days without scoring 30 regularly. No one is scoring 30 with a 3 yards and a cloud of dust mindset.

• BIF

@Luctyl99 said...

Why would John Browns price go down 400 on FanDuel in a matchup against the bengals?

——

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).