4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MastenPark

Not sure if anybody has posted it but both Jets and Dolphins are both 20+ underdogs this week to the Pats and Cowboys respectively.

First time 2 teams are 20+ underdogs in the same week since 1987

Last 3 games the Jets have played in New England the Jets have been outscored 105-12

• econbrah11

@BIF said...

As much as I wish it was (big Grier fan here); all my depth chart sites have Kyle Allen as QB2

Yeah it’s going to be Kyle Allen.

FWIW, he played a decent game in week 17 last year vs the Saints but most of their starters didn’t play. I’d fade Carolina’s offense as a whole.

• AVivier

@MastenPark said...

Not sure if anybody has posted it but both Jets and Dolphins are both 20+ underdogs this week to the Pats and Cowboys respectively.

Last 3 games the Jets have played in New England the Jets have been outscored 105-12

Week 9 is gonna be epic when they get to play each other.

• AVivier

Things are setting up well for the James Washington breakout week. This may be the week to finally pull that trigger.

• econbrah11

@MastenPark said...

It’s gonna be hard choosing between the Pats or Cowboys DST.

• thedkexperience

@mdalb said...

I’ve see quite a few mentions of Balt Stack and/or playing Lamar. I know KC Def hasn’t been great but don’t they play much better at home? Not looking to play the KC defense but maybe avoid or go light on Balt players? I was initially pretty heavy on Andrews but thinking of not playng him this week. I play GPP.

They tend to have higher scoring fantasy defense games at home. This should not be confused with them playing well on defense at home … just that they are more likely to get a turnover for a TD or one on special teams.

• monarch

@AVivier said...

Things are setting up well for the James Washington breakout week. This may be the week to finally pull that trigger.

I died on that hill on Sunday

• JoeyG113

@CheeseCutter said...

Seahawks are a viable D on FD….only $3400 at home against the Teddy Bridgewater-led Saints.

Definitely a nice price, but I expect Bridgewater and Payton to be more prepared for this matchup. It’s tough coming into a game unexpected on the road like Teddy did last week. I think the week to gameplan for this matchup in Seattle will make a difference. Not to mention, there are holes in that Seattle secondary. Dalton lit them up in Seattle, and Mason Rudolph had a good showing in his limited time vs them this past weekend.

There are still a couple of really talented guys at Teddy’s disposal as well, and Payton should adjust in finding a way to use those toys with Bridgewater at the helm.

• mdalb

I’m going the Patriots again this week. Defense is playing great and they will not let up even with a big lead.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

@BIF said...

I think jury is still out on KC D but they looked pretty good after giving up a quick score versus Oakland on the road.

Also, the KC Defense the last few years had no problem playing fast side to side with veteran playmakers like Houston and Berry. This defense seems more solid inside but I’m not sure what they are like on the edge and in space. They still have some issues covering the deep ball but that is not a huge strength of Balty (though it has improved). My biggest concern is linebacker play in space against speed in this matchup.

I wanna hope this game underwhelms fantasy wise after two big games from both KC and Balt offenses but it sure looks like fireworks and a track meet (too bad Tyreek isn’t there too)

It actually is a huge strength of Balt.

• econbrah11

@thedkexperience said...

They tend to have higher scoring fantasy defense games at home. This should not be confused with them playing well on defense at home … just that they are more likely to get a turnover for a TD or one on special teams.

I think Lamar is an awesome play this week. The Chiefs will put up point quickly like they always do which means Baltimore will play from behind and this could lead to a lot of passing and scrambling opportunities for Jackson.

• kps3205s

@CheeseCutter said...

Seahawks are a viable D on FD….only $3400 at home against the Teddy Bridgewater-led Saints.

I am actually using them for my single LU on DK this week ($3200) and right now going with both Tyler Lockett ($6200) and DK Metcalf ($4700) in 2 of my WR spots.

Hostile environment, stayed out on the West Coast after the Rams game for the week. losing Drew Brees and I believe Seattle will beat them, to me is a nice combo to take advantage of IMHO.

• JoeyG113

@econbrah11 said...

It’s gonna be hard choosing between the Pats or Cowboys DST.

What’s interesting about the Cowboys defense is that they faced 48 passing attempts in week 1 and 37 passing attempts in week 2, and didn’t do much with them.

• monarch

I’ve noticed that the O/U for that Chiefs game is not as high as I expected. Then I checked out the pace stats and both teams are way down from 2018…albeit a very small sample size.

Last season they were ranked 3rd and 5th in seconds per offensive snap during the 1st half. This season they are currently 14th and 21st.

• AVivier

@monarch said...

I died on that hill on Sunday

I think it was a week too soon. It seems he’s finally passing Moncrief (hopefully) on the depth chart and he has his college quarterback in now. Opportunity, talent and showers.

• BIF

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

It actually is a huge strength of Balt.

I’m not there yet – I’ll start believe in the progression of Lamar when they play someone (like this week) and look solid for 60 minutes then really believe it when they play a good defense.

• hobbes2d

@econbrah11 said...

Yeah it’s going to be Kyle Allen.

FWIW, he played a decent game in week 17 last year vs the Saints but most of their starters didn’t play. I’d fade Carolina’s offense as a whole.

Nice narrative if Allen is the starter for that game. Kyle Allen was a 5 star recruit to Texas A&M and then Kyler Murray was a 5 star recruit and was his backup very early on in their tenures there. Both transferred shortly after lol.

• parrothead112

Is KC Defense at home still a thing? Can they limit Baltimore and Lamar?

• Dunzor

@parrothead112 said...

Is KC Defense at home still a thing? Can they limit Baltimore and Lamar?

I don’t know if they can stop them completely but I think they can probably ‘limit’ them more than we’ve seen. There is too much talent on both teams for there to be a super low scoring game, but I would very happily bet the under at the moment. I think I will probably have a small piece of one or both teams (probably 1 pass catcher from each team) but overall I will probably not be stacking this game since I think it will be way over-owned

• monarch

Disregard my pace post from earlier. FO haven’t updated week 2 yet.

• JoeyG113

@BIF said...

I’m not there yet – I’ll start believe in the progression of Lamar when they play someone (like this week) and look solid for 60 minutes then really believe it when they play a good defense.

I second this. As good as Lamar has been from a fantasy perspective, I still have reservations about him. He still isn’t accurate enough to beat good defenses. Hard to argue with his fantasy production, but if you look at last weeks film, he left points on the table due to his inability to throw with accuracy.

Also, how does Lamar react to playing from behind? The game script has been in his favor in the 1st couple of weeks, and there really hasn’t been much pressure on him to have to make plays.

He could very well be the best fantasy QB this week and every week going forward due to his ability to do what other QBs can’t. It really doesn’t matter if he is accurate or if he is one of the best quarterbacks, just as long as those fantasy numbers keep reaching 30 points.

Not that KCs defense is going to completely stop him, but KCs offense puts teams in spots of doing what they don’t want to do. How does Lamar handle that if it does arise?

• AVivier

Lamar Jackson is 41-57 (71.9 completion %) for 596 yards (10.5 YTA) with 7 TDs and 0 INTs (145.2 rating) and people are still like he ain’t accurate enough. His pass to seal the game to Hollywood was as one of the best passes by any QB this year.

• mathewsmarner

What do you guys make of dj moore

• Njsum1

@AVivier said...

Lamar Jackson is 41-57 (71.9 completion %) for 596 yards (10.5 YTA) with 7 TDs and 0 INTs (145.2 rating) and people are still like he ain’t accurate enough. His pass to seal the game to Hollywood was as one of the best passes by any QB this year.

No doubt, Lamar’s awesome. Arrowhead is just considered one of the tougher place to play. Not really concerned about the chiefs defense, just more about the the game being at arrowhead. Still not overly concerned, although I’ll be heavier on the chiefs side of the game, mainly because Patrick Mahomes might be the best I’ve ever seen do it, and he’s only at the start of his second season. #babygoat

• JoeyG113

@AVivier said...

Those numbers don’t lie, and that pass was phenomenal, but jury is still out on his accuracy long term vs good defenses and in clutch situations. Like I said, hard for me to argue anything he has done to date this season.

I do believe in offseason improvements, but some of the struggles he had in completing passes last season were a cause for concern. 7 of the 9 games he started a year ago he completed less than 60 percent of his passes.

His ability to run is the only reason he is getting the type of coverages to complete at that high of a percentage. We can’t hold his unique ability against him, but when a team takes his wheels away like the Chargers did a year ago, then he has shown to be subpar at best. It takes a scheme and personnel to do that, and in the meantime he will put up fantasy production. That is all we are asking for.

If he continues his stellar improvement against better defenses, then I have no problem eating my words and saying I am wrong.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).