4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• callmetouch

@yisman said...

redskins could’ve recovered if the RB fell on it rather than tried to pick it up and run

It was 4th down

• yisman

@damionismyname said...

was 4th down regardless, would have turned it over.

yeah, you’re right

oops

• mike42

AP did the right thing. Gruden did the wrong thing by not giving AP the ball on 4th and inches.

• Dunzor

Lol, and now we see they should’ve been running Monty the whole second half

• yisman

Bears lead comfortably the whole way, which is what was expected, but Mike Davis can’t even get on the field, let alone get touches

• Kamais_Ookin

Look at what montgomery is doing why didn’t you give him 20+ carries you absolutely trashbin coaches.

• NDNole

Finally they give Montgomery the ball. This was a super poorly called game by the bears. Glad they should still win though. But I hope the Chicago media mercilessly badgers them on why they dont give the kid the ball when he is clearly the best back.

• yisman

@NDNole said...

Finally they give Montgomery the ball. This was a super poorly called game by the bears. Glad they should still win though. But I hope the Chicago media mercilessly badgers them on why they dont give the kid the ball when he is clearly the best back.

The Redskins have as many rushing attempts as the Bears

that is insane

• SteeloCity

If Montgomery could get a TD that would be very helpful

• S7ubs

Assuming nothing major happens, back to back decent wins in showdowns. Usually do well on Sunday and burn it all on these.

• mike42

@NDNole said...

My buddy and I have been talking out how bad Nagy is at committing to the run. No reason to go 5 wide every time in the red zone, especially when you are up 3 scores.
    This will be the third time in the last 4 games the media will give him crap for not running the ball more and the third time he will say he should have. He’s not an offensive genius, he’s a decent coach that inherited an elite D that he has absolutely nothing to do with.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@NDNole said...

I think the Bears were more concerned about getting Trubisky right, just not sure they did.

• yisman

surprised the Bears didn’t go for it on 4th and 2

oh well

• mike42

I didn’t think either team would run the ball, posted about it. I thought either Gabriel or Miller would do better than AROB or at least do well. I like the Bears D and Trubisky. I like the Wash WR’s on the comeback.

How the hell am I either going to lose money or make a few dollars? I don’t get. I had the “idea” of the game in mind and it happened. That pisses me off.

• NDNole

@mike42 said...

My buddy and I have been talking out how bad Nagy is at committing to the run. No reason to go 5 wide every time in the red zone, especially when you are up 3 scores.
    This will be the third time in the last 4 games the media will give him crap for not running the ball more and the third time he will say he should have. He’s not an offensive genius, he’s a decent coach that inherited an elite D that he has absolutely nothing to do with.

I hear ya, I have never been more annoyed at a bears win than this one right here. 1st time ever actually. This is not progress its clownworks. They need to play football and stop trying to be cute. This defense has a window. All the top defenses ever only have a few years before its too hard to pay everyone.

• Ace15

Tilt is real on to Thursday!

• mike42

@NDNole said...

I hear ya, I have never been more annoyed at a bears win than this one right here. 1st time ever actually. This is not progress its clownworks. They need to play football and stop trying to be cute. This defense has a window. All the top defenses ever only have a few years before its too hard to pay everyone.

We will find out next Sunday if we are the third or fourth-best team in our division.

• Njsum1

So much talk on giving Montgomery more carries, why? He’s averaging 3.0 yards per carry and before that 25 yard run at the end of the 4th against a tired defense he was again averaging 3.0 yards a carry.

I had him in 3 of 5 lineups so a big game would have been nice. Yet he wasn’t deserving of more carries. He got more carries at the end of the game when he was finally showing to be effective.

Honestly, he’s not that good…IMO

• BIF

Good finish to the week but almost a big cash; was sitting in 2nd with 4 minutes left but didn’t have Thompson on my best lineup and he caught that 25+ yard catch and run. Ended up 132nd on my best lineup and 22nd in a smaller one.

$600 in
    $800 out in cash plus a $333 Wildcat ticket and 19 more Milly tickets – did real good in the $1/$3 Milly sats tonight as I had 3 lineups go for over 135 with 137.16 being my best

I crushed this $333 Wildcat ticket satty and won by over 20 points

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/76934248

• BIF

@mike42 said...

I didn’t think either team would run the ball, posted about it. I thought either Gabriel or Miller would do better than AROB or at least do well. I like the Bears D and Trubisky. I like the Wash WR’s on the comeback.

How the hell am I either going to lose money or make a few dollars? I don’t get. I had the “idea” of the game in mind and it happened. That pisses me off.

Yah I liked Gabriel and you pushed me over the top to put him as Captain on 3 lineups – Thanks – also had some Miller but didn’t think he’d see enough balls to be a CPT.

Richardson was good for me – he catches those shorter passes too (like Quinn) but on the sidelines and is a good RZ target.

• Volkster6

Here’s my theory on Showdowns…

So I’m sitting with $2000 plus on 36 LUs with Bears D and Tribisky split evenly and crushing it … then Gabriel scores — great up to $2300… then Gabriel scores again — darn down to $930… then Gabriel scores again and I’m down to $180…

Since I have a core of Trubisky and Bears D (100% in the flex when they aren’t CPN) and sprinkled in some Richardson, McLaurin and Keenum) with absolutely no Gabriel is my process wrong?

Should I:

A) play more teams than 36 to include guys like Gabriel in the core and expand my CPN exposures a little???

OR????

B) roster every showdown slate player who projects to be 5% or more own in the Captain spot, to avoid missing out on a big play like Gabriel up top????

HELP!!!

Thanks

• BIF

@Volkster6 said...

Here’s my theory on Showdowns…

So I’m sitting with $2000 plus on 36 LUs with Bears D and Tribisky split evenly and crushing it … then Gabriel scores — great up to $2300… then Gabriel scores again — darn down to $930… then Gabriel scores again and I’m down to $180…

Since I have a core of Trubisky and Bears D (100% in the flex when they aren’t CPN) and sprinkled in some Richardson, McLaurin and Keenum) with absolutely no Gabriel is my process wrong?

Should I:

A) play more teams than 36 to include guys like Gabriel in the core and expand my CPN exposures a little???

OR????

B) roster every showdown slate player who projects to be 5% or more own in the Captain spot, to avoid missing out on a big play like Gabriel up top????

HELP!!!

Thanks

Firstly They are a crapshoot but if you are playing a ton of a team’s QB (Mitch) on 100% of your lineups, you better cover off all the WR options (especially WR1, WR2 and WR3) as the only way a QB CPT smashes is of he throws TDs and maybe runs one in but you need the correlating part (the TD catching WRs).

I played 33 LUs My Captains were
    Mitch 12
    Bears D 7
    Robinson 5
    Gabriel 3
    1-2 each of Thompson, Keenum, Burton, McLauren

Only cashed 14 of 33 LUs but had 2 in top 275 (132nd and 272nd) and got back $533 for my $330 on that contest.

I was heaviest on Bears D – near 100% and then heavy doses of Mitch and Robinson with Gabriel next for Bears. On the Skins, I pretty much played equal amounts of AP, Thompson, McLauren, Richardson and Quinn but was a little underweight Keenum.

Most lineups were 4 Bears 2 Skins but also had a bunch 5-1 for Bears.

My best lineup was 137.16
    Mitch CPT
    ARob
    Gabriel
    Bears D
    McLauren
    Richardson

You can play WRs without a QB but you can’t play a QB without some pass catchers on the lineup.

• timusbr

NDNole, I just dont get your absolute determination that Montgomery is going to or should make you money in DFS. 3 weeks in a row I was against playing him. guess what….not playing him next week either. The offense is pass first. I know its a big change from the Chicago Bears we have seen our entire lives but things change. Look at last year. Howard was the best back they had(2017 one of the best in the league). What happened? Cohen got most of the touches. We drafted a 3rd round running back who doesnt fumble and is a workhorse. Goodbye the best Running back Howard. What is so special about Montgomery? Nagy want to showcase passing, ball control thru the air. I dont think I have missed a bears game 19 years and that was because I was living in Brasil. Last year, Nagy did everything I have been saying his philosophy is. 3 games in the books this year. How many more before you rethink rostering Montgomery. He will be the fantasy god 1 or 2 games. those will be due to pass interference in the end zone.

Why did the offense look good. It wasnt Trubiski as much as the offensive line. 1 holding call to set them at first and 20. Check that to how often penalties put them in 3rd and long the first 2 games. Trubiski doesnt react so well in long yardage. He stays in the pocket too long and gets sacked.

• Volkster6

Great insight … totally correct. Not sure how I missed that. I had AROB and Burton with a little Miller but actually zero Gabriel. Thanks for helping me under the process BIF

• Smallchimp

@NDNole said...

Too many new school coaches trying way too hard to win by playing technical football. No one’s saying that running last year’s Dallas offense is ideal, but these “too smart for their own good” coaches need to realize that fundamental football would be better than trying to run some wacky schemings based on probability or something.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).