4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• thedkexperience

@AVivier said...

Lamar Jackson is 41-57 (71.9 completion %) for 596 yards (10.5 YTA) with 7 TDs and 0 INTs (145.2 rating) and people are still like he ain’t accurate enough. His pass to seal the game to Hollywood was as one of the best passes by any QB this year.

I’ve been a Lamar truther for years. While he’s not Brady or Brees (who is) he’s much more accurate than people like to give him credit for. While it’s not apt here since he’s above 70%, I would argue that completion percentage is the single most over rated stat in professional football.

Is 70% better than 50%, sure, but people will say that someone is inaccurate due to a 56% completion percentage in one breath and the argue that 64% is elite in the next breath. The difference between the two is less than 4 completions a week and often just 2. That can be taken care of with just 1 screen pass per quarter.

Eli Manning fooled many a fan over the last 2 year because he learned this despite leaving a ton of big plays in the holster that would have lead to both more points and more incompletions.

• JTAx33

So you like home favored 3-down running backs with goal line work…I give you David Johnson at $6800

• mike42

@AVivier said...

Week 2 sure took a lot of bodies out.

Losing a QB ruins an NFL franchise. That’s why the NFL made all of these touch football rules on QB’s. Pit, jets and NO’s had big dreams this year and now are all screwed and it’s just week 3.

• mike42

Lamar just played the 2 worse pass D’s in the NFL and KC’s isn’t much better. Be interesting to see how he performs this week or when he plays a good D.

• queensfinest

djax is out 2 weeks. agholor time? especially if alshon is out as well. so cheap on dk

• AVivier

DJax has an abdominal strain and expected to miss 2 weeks. Alshon also expected to miss 2 weeks.

Eagles home against Detroit:

Agholor 3.6k
    Arcega-Whiteside 3.5k
    Hollins 3.2k
    Ertz 5.7k

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Let’s get to the real juice. Zeke or Pollard?

• keephustlincuz

@queensfinest said...

djax is out 2 weeks. agholor time? especially if alshon is out as well. so cheap on dk

Agholor will be the highest owned WR this week.

him and ertz together in a stack. Wentz looks pretty good so far.

• JSteele

Does Slay follow Agholor? does that even matter?

• Dunzor

@JSteele said...

Does Slay follow Agholor? does that even matter?

we talked about this last week with Keenan and I think the consensus is that Slay rarely travels to the slot (like sub 20%) so I don’t think that should impact your decision.

• JSteele

@Dunzor said...

we talked about this last week with Keenan and I think the consensus is that Slay rarely travels to the slot (like sub 20%) so I don’t think that should impact your decision.

Great, I like Agholor!

• monarch

@JSteele said...

Great, I like Agholor!

Good volume play. We also mentioned last week that DET has three very good corners. I believe Slay did follow Keenan and kinda slowed him down but I do not believe he will follow Agholor

• Kamais_Ookin

Lots of money going into saints narrowing the lines. Scratch my head.

• theghostofveebs

@AVivier said...

Lamar Jackson is 41-57 (71.9 completion %) for 596 yards (10.5 YTA) with 7 TDs and 0 INTs (145.2 rating) and people are still like he ain’t accurate enough. His pass to seal the game to Hollywood was as one of the best passes by any QB this year.

It was a pretty pass, and #5 in Top 15 of the week, but I prefer #10 (Wentz).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNW4vwfkJSU

• JoeyG113

@Dunzor said...

Slay traveled with Keenan Allen most of the game this past Sunday, and got beat several times. Although Agholor should be a big part of the Eagles offense this week, I doubt the Lions view him as a must stop threat in which Slay would have to travel like he did vs the Chargers.

• theghostofveebs

@mike42 said...

Losing a QB ruins an NFL franchise. That’s why the NFL made all of these touch football rules on QB’s. Pit, jets and NO’s had big dreams this year and now are all screwed and it’s just week 3.

Brees is out 6-8 weeks

At SEA – tough
    DAL – tough
    TB
    At JAX
    At CHI
    AZ
    BYE
    ATL

Bridgewater is not chopped liver and the schedule is not horrid.

• RatedDAL

The Saints have a decent chance at going 4-2 before their bye. At Chicago is the only one banking on a loss. I think they win at Seattle this week.

Week to prepare is going to make a huge difference. Not to mention Seattle is not invincible by any stretch. Seattle’s pace works well for the Bridgewater Saints to pick up a W.

• kbarnhill7523

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2017 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

Mike Williams for $4900 on DK?

Yes, please.

• deeze3329

Feel like this week where you have to jam in the top 3 priced running backs on FD. From there find value qb,wr combo that hits. Sounds like going to be more than my regular 5-10 lineups. Not that I wine with my normal 5-10.

• squidkill

@JSteele said...

Great, I like Agholor!

Go seek help.

• Njsum1

@AVivier said...

DJax has an abdominal strain and expected to miss 2 weeks. Alshon also expected to miss 2 weeks.

Eagles home against Detroit:

Agholor 3.6k
    Arcega-Whiteside 3.5k
    Hollins 3.2k
    Ertz 5.7k

Got a couple shares of the lions def..mainly because they fit some builds I like…yet considering the eagles really look like shite, even at full strength, they seem like a worthy flier for 2200.

• theghostofveebs

Slim pickings after Zeke, Cook and Ekeler.

Another 6 or so after that.

Zeke tops 40%?

• squidkill

@keephustlincuz said...

Agholor will be the highest owned WR this week.

him and ertz together in a stack. Wentz looks pretty good so far.

But Agholor has never ever looked good. God I hope he’s chalk. Damn sheep

• queensfinest

@theghostofveebs said...

Slim pickings after Zeke, Cook and Ekeler.

Another 6 or so after that.

Zeke tops 40%?

exactly!! those are the only 3 rbs i love as well. i just made a lineup on dk with all 3 since i dont see much value at rb like there is at wr

• ssilberman2012

@CJtheGrump said...

Is there anything I’m missing here? I tend to think I tinkered myself out of good cash lineups each of the last two weeks, but I realize that can cut both ways.

I think you need to rethink most of your process. Every slate is different. I always look to review each play whether I end up cashing or not so I can learn and get better. For example, week 1 is play whoever you want because pricing is out so soon. I don’t spend up at QB usually but the options outside of Jackson and Mahomes seemed far inferior to me. At the same time, as a diehard Fins fan I did not see NE DEF breaking the slate. I believe this actually becomes a trend rather than an anomaly. Kamara and CMC busted HARD in Week 2. Is that a trend? Will Sammy Watkins score so little again despite having more targets than Robinson and Hardman combined?

Personally, Week 3 seems like a week to pay up at RB, TE, and Dallas D. Roster construction will be very interesting and some guys should step into workhorse roles because of injuries, much like how Gio Bernard almost was a free square last week.

Every slate is different. NFL DFS is a weekly game. Each slate needs to be approached differently. The goal is always the same – get the optimal lineup with the highest raw points projection with players with generally good floors.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).