4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 6.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( -2.5 ) at Arizona ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -1 ) at Seattle ( 1 ) —- T: 50
    4:25 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -1 ) at San Francisco ( 1 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Houston ( 3.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -3.5 ) —- T: 48
    8:20 PM EST : LA Rams ( -2.5 ) at Cleveland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 51

Monday, Sept 23rd
    8:15 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at Washington ( 3.5 ) —- T: 42

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• CheeseCutter

You guys nailed it. Nagy swallowed the offensive genius kool aid and wants to get cute instead of pounding the opponent into submission.

Fangio would have been a better fit for how this team is built.

• Won all my money back from sunday! Thank you gabriel!, wish i would have not gone with a rob and got paul Richardson wouldve won big$

• @Volkster6 said...

Here’s my theory on Showdowns…

So I’m sitting with $2000 plus on 36 LUs with Bears D and Tribisky split evenly and crushing it … then Gabriel scores — great up to $2300… then Gabriel scores again — darn down to $930… then Gabriel scores again and I’m down to $180…

Since I have a core of Trubisky and Bears D (100% in the flex when they aren’t CPN) and sprinkled in some Richardson, McLaurin and Keenum) with absolutely no Gabriel is my process wrong?

Should I:

A) play more teams than 36 to include guys like Gabriel in the core and expand my CPN exposures a little???

OR????

B) roster every showdown slate player who projects to be 5% or more own in the Captain spot, to avoid missing out on a big play like Gabriel up top????

HELP!!!

Thanks

As someone who came in 200th last night on dk, i had Gabriel at cap, trib, arob, thompson, Terry, and bears d. Replace arob with paul rich would have won big$

I strictly play gpp, going into showdowns i look at captain ownership% first and foremost, leave money on the table. I prefer to avoid kickers unless i believe its gonna be a low scoring 12-6 game.

Gabriel was an obvious captain for me, other choice was bears d. My theory was bears would blow them out, unfortunatly playing allen robinison was my only hiccup. 20 other ppl had my lu anyways, so i would be splitting the pie.

• NDNole

@timusbr

I was strictly harping about Montgomery from a bears fan perspective not dfs. I was long out of contention by then. If the Bears win im good. My issue with Montgomery is they are not giving him the ball enough or in the right situations. I hate these pass 1st 2nd and 3rd coaches who just toy around with the run game. it NEVER works in the end when games matter. The cute teams almost always lose. Chicago is not a cute football team town. So my tilt was not in his poor dfs showing, my tilt was the stupid play calling and overall avoidance of the run.

• zline34

@NDNole said...

@timusbr

I was strictly harping about Montgomery from a bears fan perspective not dfs. I was long out of contention by then. If the Bears win im good. My issue with Montgomery is they are not giving him the ball enough or in the right situations. I hate these pass 1st 2nd and 3rd coaches who just toy around with the run game. it NEVER works in the end when games matter. The cute teams almost always lose. Chicago is not a cute football team town. So my tilt was not in his poor dfs showing, my tilt was the stupid play calling and overall avoidance of the run.

Without the Redskins penalties to sustain Bears drives Turbidity got lucky. Missed some very easy passes. Keenum gave them the ball like 7 times and it was still a competitive near the end. I’d be very worried if I was a Bears fan. No run game.

• yisman

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1176525951779450881

250/1 wasn’t even fair odds. I think it should’ve been more like 500/1.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.