4:05 PM EST : NY Jets ( 9.5 ) at Indianapolis ( -9.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Carolina ( 6 ) at LA Chargers ( -6 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Detroit ( 6 ) at Arizona ( -6 ) —- T: 53
    4:25 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -6 ) at Denver ( 6 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 3.5 ) at Seattle ( -3.5 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Green Bay ( 4 ) at New Orleans ( -4 ) —- T: —

Monday, September 28th
    8:15 PM EST : Kansas City ( 3 ) at Baltimore ( -3 ) —- T: 52.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

AJ Green at 5.9k against the Eagles? Yes, please!

• JCappy

@superjon said...

AJ Green at 5.9k against the Eagles? Yes, please!

How about Allen Robinson for a few bucks more against Atlanta?

• superjon

Early Nominees for Beast of the Week

Trubisky vs Atlanta
    Cam vs Raiders
    Evans or Godwin vs Denver
    Hopkins or Murray vs Detroit
    Wilson vs Dallas

• monarch

@superjon said...

Trubisky vs Atlanta
    Cam vs Raiders
    Wilson vs Dallas

I bet he goes with Dak

• superjon

Yep Dak is a good choice as well.

• lukemiller42

Giants stack this week? Daniel Jones Slayton Tate Engram are all cheap (5500 4900 4500 5000 respectively) and if Shepard is out with Barkley out will have serious concentrated usage. The 49ers defense lost two of their best pass rushers (one of which is their best player) to add onto losing Sherman last week. And the 49ers offense might be bad this week if shanny decides not to risk injury on the awful field and just rests jimmy and mostert.

I think people will be turned off of playing the giants against the niners but this seems like a great spot. Cheap lots of usage in few areas and against an injured defense.

• JCappy

@lukemiller42 said...

Giants stack this week? Daniel Jones Slayton Tate Engram are all cheap (5500 4900 4500 5000 respectively) and if Shepard is out with Barkley out will have serious concentrated usage. The 49ers defense lost two of their best pass rushers (one of which is their best player) to add onto losing Sherman last week. And the 49ers offense might be bad this week if shanny decides not to risk injury on the awful field and just rests jimmy and mostert.

I think people will be turned off of playing the giants against the niners but this seems like a great spot. Cheap lots of usage in few areas and against an injured defense.

I dont know, man. This Giants team is bad and now they are down two of their offensive playmakers.

I think Shanahan plays this one about as conservative as he can and the Giants go along for the ride as they will be excited just to be in a close game. I think this is a 20-13 game.

• JCappy

Is it that much to ask for a tournament with more tiered payout Structures? Some like this …

$20 single entry 500 entrants …

1-5 : 500
    6-10 : 400
    11-15 : 300
    16-20 : 200
    21-25 : 100
    26-30 : 90
    31-35 : 80
    36-40 : 70
    41-45 : 60
    46-50 : 50

I would play the heck outta this contest. I’m sure some would be turned off by only paying 10% of the field, but contests like the Milly only payout 2x for finishing in the top 10% anyway. This tournament would give you 2.5x for minimum cashing in the 10%. I always find tournaments much more lucrative with flatter structures.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

@JCappy said...

Is it that much to ask for a tournament with more tiered payout Structures? Some like this …

$20 single entry 500 entrants …

1-5 : 500
    6-10 : 400
    11-15 : 300
    16-20 : 200
    21-25 : 100
    26-30 : 90
    31-35 : 80
    36-40 : 70
    41-45 : 60
    46-50 : 50

I would play the heck outta this contest. I’m sure some would be turned off by only paying 10% of the field, but contests like the Milly only payout 2x for finishing in the top 10% anyway. This tournament would give you 2.5x for minimum cashing in the 10%. I always find tournaments much more lucrative with flatter structures.

I can honestly say that I made posts like this on here over 5 years ago, several times. Unfortunately it’s all about the grand prize and advertising the gpp towards that. In a way I feel it’s why so many quit DFS after trying it. They finally get a great lineup after several weeks of losing, beat 97% of the teams in the field and it’s worth like 3x their entry. I’ve always voted for flatter payouts, but I’m afraid it just isn’t happening in like 90% of the gpps going forward.

• NDNole

Well my early thought is play joshua kelly this week and not look back.

NYG Stack w Dion Lewis. Robinson II and AJG yeah. Crazy week.. gonna be ton of cheapies to pick from. Nevermind Lewis he’s 5300!? Whoa

• NDNole

@jlowery73 said...

I can honestly say that I made posts like this on here over 5 years ago, several times. Unfortunately it’s all about the grand prize and advertising the gpp towards that. In a way I feel it’s why so many quit DFS after trying it. They finally get a great lineup after several weeks of losing, beat 97% of the teams in the field and it’s worth like 3x their entry. I’ve always voted for flatter payouts, but I’m afraid it just isn’t happening in like 90% of the gpps going forward.

I agree. It sucks to place lets say 1500 out of 200,000 people and only get 3 times entry. Makes it seem impossible to keep going at times. But the reality is you only need to hit once to make it all worth it. For many who have been playing for a while and staying afloat or above 50% winning, they dont realize they are probably just as good as the guy who took down the gpp that week. Its just a matter of chance to go along with the skill. We often make the right play, it just may not work out that week.

I know most weeks I can honestly say I have about 80% of the top plays right in my player pool. I just dont seem to put them all together or have enough lineups/bankroll. But its possible. Besides I play it mostly for the added fun of the sweat and any win is just gravy. Thats how you stay in this for the long haul. People shouldnt go in trying to risk it all for the win. Thats when guys quit after getting tilted and burned out.

Hazy made a point in this past week 2 thread about just staying afloat most weeks and he generally will hit on big one a year. Thats my goal lol. I nearly won the masters milly a few years ago, ended up finishing 12th. Best I ever finished. If it werent for a last minute needless putt by someone in another lineup I would have finished 4th. Its just a matter of perseverance. But I do wish the payouts rewarded those who place in the top 3-5% because honestly sometimes it just doesnt seem worth it lol.

• getlucky4

I get why they payout over 20 percent of the field but imagine just a simple like 10 percent. All that extra money going to people that actually deserve it. Its kind of like everyone gets a participation award for being ok and it punishes people with actual good lineups.

• zeeshan2

Lot of value this week; CMC should be out for several weeks, Saquon out for the year, Mostert likely out, Jimmy likely out

• JCappy

@getlucky4 said...

I get why they payout over 20 percent of the field but imagine just a simple like 10 percent. All that extra money going to people that actually deserve it. Its kind of like everyone gets a participation award for being ok and it punishes people with actual good lineups.

I guess this is my biggest issue. Even if the structure weren’t made flatter, we could entice more people in just by getting rid of these lame payouts towards the bottom ($50 back on $33 entry in the bootleg) … If I’m joining a 1000 entry contest, I’d take the possibility of actually getting paid for finishing top 10, even if it means I dont make my 1.5x for coming in the top 25% percent.

Maybe I have a different idea of a tournament than others do. I’d like more smaller single entry medium stakes where we’re only paying out the top 8-10%.

• factorial89

who are the backups for mccaffrey and barkley

• parrothead112

@zeeshan2 said...

Lot of value this week; CMC should be out for several weeks, Saquon out for the year, Mostert likely out, Jimmy likely out

Mike Davis chalk week?

• Bvgingy

Stars are aligning for Hilton’s breakout week.

• JCappy

@Bvgingy said...

Stars are aligning for Hilton’s breakout week.

Consider me out. If I had to bet on any QB to throw it less than 20 times this week, it would be Rivers. The Jets are so horrendous.

On the other hand, Taylor’s price should continue to go up. We saw how the Colts want to play last week. He’s the cheapest guy that can be counted on for 20+ touches.

• NDNole

@JCappy said...

He’s the cheapest guy that can be counted on for 20+ touches.

Joshua Kelly begs to differ.

• TJRhodes

I think I might completely fade the HOU offense this week. Thought DJ might have a decent game last week at his price, but the whole offense is just lethargic. Cobb finally getting a little more work, but if Fuller is out it’s going to be hard to trust Cooks.

Texans Week 2
    Snap Count
    (Offense – 59 total)

56 – David Johnson
    3 – CJ Prosise

37 – Max Scharping
    22 – Senio Kelemete

53 – Brandin Cooks
    40 – Randall Cobb
    37 – Will Fuller
    28 – Kenny Stills
    5 – Keke Coutee

49 – Jordan Akins
    24 – Darren Fells

• 49noobers

@superjon said...

Trubisky vs Atlanta
    Cam vs Raiders
    Wilson vs Dallas

Will Trubisky be super popular? I see this game shooting out if bears can score early.

• JCappy

@NDNole said...

Joshua Kelly begs to differ.

Kelly certainly has 20 touch upside — but I would not count on him for that. Ekeler was the better runner last week and has gotten 20 touches each of the last two weeks. I don’t think LA will continue to give us 40 combined touches from these two guys.

• JCappy

@TJRhodes said...

I think I might completely fade the HOU offense this week. Thought DJ might have a decent game last week at his price, but the whole offense is just lethargic. Cobb finally getting a little more work, but if Fuller is out it’s going to be hard to trust Cooks.

Texans Week 2
    Snap Count
    (Offense – 59 total)

56 – David Johnson
    3 – CJ Prosise

37 – Max Scharping
    22 – Senio Kelemete

53 – Brandin Cooks
    40 – Randall Cobb
    37 – Will Fuller
    28 – Kenny Stills
    5 – Keke Coutee

49 – Jordan Akins
    24 – Darren Fells

I’m not playing Johnson against the Steelers. That defense is legit and I don’t see the TD equity to win a GPP.

We can play DJ in week 4 against Minnesota when his price stays in the low 5k range.

• techbucsfan

JT $6.7K and Drake $6.5K on FD with those matchups? I might have 70%+ exposure to both of those guys, feel like their floor is 2x already and they both have great upside in games their team is expected to win.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.