1:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 3 ) at Baltimore ( -3 ) —- T: 44.5
    1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 6.5 ) at Houston ( -6.5 ) —- T: 40.5
    4:05 PM EST : San Francisco ( 6.5 ) at Arizona ( -6.5 ) —- T: 44
    4:25 PM EST : Buffalo ( 2.5 ) at Miami ( -2.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:25 PM EST : Chicago ( 14.5 ) at Seattle ( -14.5 ) —- T: 44
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( -3.0 ) at Detroit ( +3.0 ) —- T: —

Monday, September 28th
    8:30 PM EST : Kansas City ( +6.5 ) at Green Bay ( -6.5 ) —- T: 48.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• MikeMineo

Yay week 3.

I intend to forget week 2 ever happened.

• Callahan

I’ll second that. It will be hard for me to ever see Jeremy Hill ‘s stupid face ever again

• cccalloway

My bankroll is smaller this week than it was last Thursday. Here’s to a better week 3!

• Callahan

On topic, at first the NE/Jax line looked crazy considering the game Jax just had, but after a closer look I can see it. NE offense will put up points no matter what really, and BB defenses excel vs. 1 dimensional teams. They can force Bortles to throw and while he looked better yesterday, he still looked super inaccurate in the midrange throws. And the Pats don’t give up big plays with their “bend, don’t break” mentality, which is really what gave Jax the game yesterday.

• DirtyDylz

Starks at 3k on dk…. Ownership O/U?

• cccalloway

@DirtyDylz said...

Starks at 3k on dk…. Ownership O/U?

50% gpp and 90% cash

• DirtyDylz

@cccalloway said...

50% gpp and 90% cash

Is it a good GPP approach to take a “must play” or are you better trying to go different than everyone? Starks sure does free up a bunch of salary, by trying to be different you lose the room to grab some stud WR

• Callahan

@DirtyDylz said...

Is it a good GPP approach to take a “must play” or are you better trying to go different than everyone? Starks sure does free up a bunch of salary, by trying to be different you lose the room to grab some stud WR

Don’t be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. The top LU’s usually have 2 underowned players that have big weeks, sometimes 3 (this week may be an exception). Make a projection, if his value looks good, go with it.

• Callahan

My point being; fully contrarian LU’s rarely bank. Picking 9 players with less than 5% ownership isn’t necessarily a recipe for success

• Bellest

Any idea why Matt Jones isn’t available on FD?

Edit – Silly me, I was looking at Sunday games…

• mellofellowsu

Glad Carlos Hyde had a off week. I still believe in him.

Hope Tevin Coleman is back, he was poised to have a pretty good game before he got hurt.

Will start to get some Dion Lewis in. He’s slid right into that Shane Vereen role for them.

Just some early thoughts here.

• Capone1233

Lewis fumbled again. He will only get so many chances before he is on the bench.

• Cityworkout

You can play both Antonio Brown and Gronk in DK cash games. Not sure if I would go that route because you are really limited in salary assuming you take a QB like Palmer. I don’t think you can get those two and a stud RB like Bell unless you are really going cheap at several positions.

There are a bunch cheap players on DK like Dion, Woodhead and you can barely fit those guys in if you spend up on Brown and Gronk.

• Callahan

I’d be careful with Lewis this week. He’s their passing down back, and so far the Pats have had 2 games that featured the Passing game. My guess is this week BB will play a lot of Blount once they have a 14 point lead. In general, Pats running backs are tough to predict and not great plays for cash games

• MikeMineo

[quote]Is it a good GPP approach to take a “must play” or are you better trying to go different than everyone? Starks sure does free up a bunch of salary, by trying to be different you lose the room to grab some stud WR[/quote]

no precise answer to this.

Hyde was a “must play” this week to 35% of GPP lineups and he was a great fade.
    but Starks could totally go 100 yards with multiple scores. or he could go 60 with nothing.

he’ll be 35%+. that’s for sure. I intend to take him around 35% of my lineups as a result, since I like him but don’t feel like being overweight on him.

• mellofellowsu

@Callahan said...

I’d be careful with Lewis this week. He’s their passing down back, and so far the Pats have had 2 games that featured the Passing game. My guess is this week BB will play a lot of Blount once they have a 14 point lead. In general, Pats running backs are tough to predict and not great plays for cash games

That all makes sense.

• marcuseightyfive

There’s some interesting matchups on tap.

Just looking, For QB, I’m liking Newton, Wilson, Tyrod, Mallet (if he’s starting) for GPP’s.

• Capone1233

@marcuseightyfive said...

There’s some interesting matchups on tap.

Just looking, For QB, I’m liking Newton, Wilson, Tyrod, for GPP’s.

I like Rivers this week. Vikes will have a let down after winning like they always do.

• dimestorez

@Capone1233 said...

I like Rivers this week. Vikes will have a let down after winning like they always do.

I hate to keep going back on the same player, because I feel like the td’s won’t always come, but Stevie Johnson has been really solid the last two games and I think he could be good here.

• arobinson11

thoughts on randle for both cash and gpps? I assume he gets more carries and they go super run heavy + atl run d hasn’t been great. Maybe an overreaction?

• DabsAndFrags

@Capone1233 said...

Nice strat

• jhfc

• 2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

@Callahan said...

Normally, I’d agree with this logic. However, the Brady/Belichick FU Tour may just keep rolling on.

• Capone1233

Rivers/Woodhead/Green stack for me. Vikes couldn’t stop Ebron last week.

• 8MileAllstars

If Cutler is out, the Seahawks have a shot at getting the highest Team D score ever. Clausen is so bad.

• Capone1233

Liking Jonathon Stewart this week at $4900 on DK. What will be the percentage of Leveon Bell be? Deangelo played great in his absence and you have to think will take some carries away.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).