1:00 PM EST : Buffalo ( 8 ) at Atlanta ( -8 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3 ) at Tampa Bay ( -3 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 2.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -2.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:05 PM EST : San Francisco ( 7 ) at Arizona ( -7 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 46.5
    8:30 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 13 ) at Seattle ( -13 ) —- T: 41.5

Monday, 10/2
    8:30 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at Kansas City ( -7 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sox9

@blindsquirrel88 said...

By the way. What is wrong with that LA Chargers team?

They have no DEF w/o Verrett, he is the key to their entire DEF scheme

• nita0311

@cbsharpe said...

You go girl! Congratulations and send some of that luck my way why don’t ya! LOL!!!

lol def, have a week! See you at the top :)

• bjacksonibew

@mark83vt said...

Had McKissic in 14 of my 19 primetime lineups across the two sites (10 of 12 on DK and 4 of 7 on FD). Went to bed when he had nothing. Woke up to like 20 points from him. I don’t know what the heck happened in the last 1.5 quarters, but I need to start going to bed early more often.

Same thing happened to me in NBA went to bed and woke up to 2 grand lol

• mattyice522

does anyone know how to ask statmuse for game logs of a player on Monday night football?

• BIF

@sox9 said...

I played Watson/Hopkins like about 99% of everyone else. WOuld have been much better off w/Watson/Fuller and having the cash left to play both Bell and Zeke (or Gurley) or maybe all 3.

I disagree a little; sure while Fuller was a little more value than Hopkins on a points per $K of salary basis; there were so few good WR plays and Hopkins was the top point getter and 3.7 ahead of the next best one you needed to own him.

Your theory of Fuller being better only work if you were able to pay up elsewhere and find the 10 points that Fuller lacked (versus Hopkins). You could have easily paid up for a bust in any position.

Obviously you want 4x+ out of every player you roster for a GPP but that doesn’t happen and you want a couple 28+ point performers on your team regardless if they cost $7K or $9K. The higher multiple 5x+ days typically come from your under $4K plays so Hopkins getting 4.6x is better than ok at $6400.

Using your logic – Paying up for Zeke would have been counter productive as he only got 3.64x versus Hopkins 4.6x

Playing both Fuller and Hopkins would have been more optimal as you would have gotten the highest WR points guy plus a lower owned WR who went 5x+ though Tyrell the Gazelle would have been a better play at a similar price.

• BIF

@sox9 said...

I’ll be paying up for RBs and TE and saving elsewhere in Week 5.

Good luck with that Captain Last Week

• chatmar

These are great points and excellent logic. I like the goal of trying to get 4x+ players on my roster! My problem is “How” to determine “who” has the best chances of hitting 4x+. I think getting good at determining this is the difference between those of us who normally break even and those who win! Thoughts?

• GTRandy27

How many ppr points Kareem hunt getting tonight?

• BIF

@chatmar said...

These are great points and excellent logic. I like the goal of trying to get 4x+ players on my roster! My problem is “How” to determine “who” has the best chances of hitting 4x+. I think getting good at determining this is the difference between those of us who normally break even and those who win! Thoughts?

Obviously the devil is in the details and in the execution but I rarely roster a player under $6500 or $7K that I can’t make a case for him to hit 4x value.

For guys over $7K I’m looking for a high floor that should get me at least 20 points and likely 25+. Of course they don’t always do that but I try not to take chances on my top-spends (I save my higher risk plays for the $3K-$4500 range); I want my $7K+ guys in very positive situations (high usage and touch/target counts combined with a likely higher scoring game or at least a highly likely positive game flow).

• bdf

I can’t make up my mind over whether or not to swap out Grant for Doctson. Doctson has way more big play potential. Pretty glad I had McKissic in one of my two Primetime lineups.

• monarch

@bdf said...

I can’t make up my mind over whether or not to swap out Grant for Doctson. Doctson has way more big play potential. Pretty glad I had McKissic in one of my two Primetime lineups.

Redskins funnel to the middle of the field so im looking at Wilson or Conley. Had lots of McKissic as well, what a pleasant surprise.

• BIF

@bdf said...

I’d support a move to Doctson over Grant

While Grant has played 50% of snaps to Doctson’s 42% over the 3 games; Doctson snap counts have increased each game and actually out snapped Grant 36-34 plays in Week 3.

The changing of the WR3 is happening in Wash and Josh is finally going to get his….

• acdawg712

Mckissic was the key to not having to play the sub 4k wrs. Seems like Crowder and reed are playing, so prob fading hunt. Could be painful.

• AVivier

@BIF said...

I disagree a little; sure while Fuller was a little more value than Hopkins on a points per $K of salary basis; there were so few good WR plays and Hopkins was the top point getter and 3.7 ahead of the next best one you needed to own him.

Your theory of Fuller being better only work if you were able to pay up elsewhere and find the 10 points that Fuller lacked (versus Hopkins). You could have easily paid up for a bust in any position.

Obviously you want 4x+ out of every player you roster for a GPP but that doesn’t happen and you want a couple 28+ point performers on your team regardless if they cost $7K or $9K. The higher multiple 5x+ days typically come from your under $4K plays so Hopkins getting 4.6x is better than ok at $6400.

Using your logic – Paying up for Zeke would have been counter productive as he only got 3.64x versus Hopkins 4.6x

Playing both Fuller and Hopkins would have been more optimal as you would have gotten the highest WR points guy plus a lower owned WR who went 5x+ though Tyrell the Gazelle would have been a better play at a similar price.

One thing I found was this is especially true in shorter slates, at least it was in the NBA. You care a lot more about getting those raw points than $k ratio.

• blakevoiles

Had Mckissic, Graham, Lockett, Moncrief and Seattle D for the first night with Cousins, Hunt, Pryor and Crowder still to play tonight. Hoping this is the week Pryor and Kirk finally get on track.

• mattyice522

how was mckissic a good play exactly?

• monarch

@mattyice522 said...

Indy tough to run on…Vontae Davis on Baldwin. Those things had me on Russ+Lockett+McKissic+Seattle D. Also lucky to get Moncrief in there.

• blakevoiles

My thought process was that the colts don’t have linebackers that can cover receiving backs and that Davis was gonna see Baldwin lowering his ceiling. So I figured he would be a good play at 3000 plus I needed someone to play so I could fit Hunt.

• BIF

@AVivier said...

One thing I found was this is especially true in shorter slates, at least it was in the NBA. You care a lot more about getting those raw points than $k ratio.

For sure on 2 game slates, I try to grab the 8 highest floors I can afford and try to punt the 9th spot. Yesterday because salaries were so high and almost unplayable, you likely had to punt twice (or more) in a stars/scrubs approach or go way more balanced.

So far the Stars/Scrubs is working this week with the Top QB Russ ballin’ and the Top DST Seahawks putting 20 points up plus McKissic a stone minimum scrub almost hitting 20 as well.

• tyleh

dam McKissic trash, he was suppose to get 9-10 MAX and then fuking carson breaks his leg. at least for early only i was so close to the dam $20-30k if fournette, zeke, or dez got 3-13 more yards for 1000 yard bonus!! ended with a nice $3k cash . scored 217 lol shoulda put that in the milly maker, jags D instead of browns D woulda got me 227 for the mil.

• richierich

Washington really struggles with TE’s, it would seem Kelce with his cheaper price tag is a bit more reasonable of a play than Gronk. No?

• nickpierce723826

Doctson,Grant, or Wilson tonight? I have Crowder,Hunt,Kelce left. According to WR/CB Matchup tool I should go Wilson but don’t feel like the targets are there necessarily.

• kdsdawg

@Kamais_Ookin said...

I’ve learned today that when you stack a qb and his players you don’t always have to bring it back with players of the opposing team. Todays texan vs titans game is a prime example of this. All titans players blew. Sometimes games are going to be blowouts and there’s no need to use the opposing team in the stack.

that is because Mariota got hurt in the first half as they were putting up points with him in..that game,(both teams) would have been fantasy gold had he not got hurt

• BIF

@mattyice522 said...

He was not a “good” play – he was a stone minimum punt with a higher upside than say a Tanner McAvoy, Darboh, Q Bray.

You knew he would get actual snaps and touches because he was activated to fill in for Prosise (and Rawls was also out)- so I compared his projected usage to what CJ would have gotten. Whereas the other stone minimum guys’ usage were not upgraded at all as Baldwin played so McAvoy and/Or Darboh’s usage was going to be similar to past usage.

DFS football is all about getting the snaps then getting touches on those snaps and finally getting production from those touches. McKissic made the best of his opportunity last night, but he was still a risky punt. It was just that he would be a non-zero based on my projections versus a few other $3K guys who would see less action.

See Chris Thompson – nobody gets more points per touch/snap than that guy ‘

• BIF

@nickpierce723826 said...

Doctson,Grant, or Wilson tonight? I have Crowder,Hunt,Kelce left. According to WR/CB Matchup tool I should go Wilson but don’t feel like the targets are there necessarily.

Agree Wilson never sees more than 3-4 targets and game flow likely not in his favour as KC can run the ball well and will likely have the lead.

I’d punt Washington’s way instead of KC.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).