1:00 PM EST : Buffalo ( 8 ) at Atlanta ( -8 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3 ) at Tampa Bay ( -3 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 2.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -2.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:05 PM EST : San Francisco ( 7 ) at Arizona ( -7 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 46.5
    8:30 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 13 ) at Seattle ( -13 ) —- T: 41.5

Monday, 10/2
    8:30 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at Kansas City ( -7 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BIF

@kdsdawg said...

that is because Mariota got hurt in the first half as they were putting up points with him in..that game,(both teams) would have been fantasy gold had he not got hurt

Mariota was also running for his life and didn’t have time to look downfield; instead he chose to run towards the end zone scoring TDs himself.

• JimKronlund

What was the diagnoses on Carson’s leg?
    It looked so bad that it was hard to watch.
    Edit: Chris Carson suffered a fracture in his lower left leg when he was pinned in a pile in the fourth quarter of the Seahawks’ win over the Indianapolis Colts. Speaking on his weekly radio show on KIRO-AM on Monday, coach Pete Carroll said the fracture was discovered just below Carson’s knee.
    Carson also has a significant high-ankle sprain and will be out for a while.

I know certain fractures can be worse than actual breaks. Like spiral fractures. Hopefully his season is not lost.

• GTRandy27

Kareem Hunt o/u 17.5 ppr points ?

• deactivated204643

@BIF said...

He was not a “good” play – he was a stone minimum punt

Exactly. I still think Lacy was the better play on FD at $100 over the min, don’t know his price on DK. Lacy was in the backfield in the first series and was a bigger part of the gameplan. I played McKissic once but played Lacy several times. Im happy for those who played a lot of McKissic but I don’t think anyone could convince me he was a better play than Lacy on FD. What was their price difference on DK? Just curious.

• chatmar

Anyone got news on Jordan Reed if he is playing or not?

• BIF

@bluebroker said...

Exactly. I still think Lacy was the better play on FD at $100 over the min, don’t know his price on DK. Lacy was in the backfield in the first series and was a bigger part of the gameplan. I played McKissic once but played Lacy several times. Im happy for those who played a lot of McKissic but I don’t think anyone could convince me he was a better play than Lacy on FD. What was their price difference on DK? Just curious.

Lacy was $3400
    I disagree he was the better play; he was a lock for 6 touches (all carries) as Sea had committed to Carson as a true #1 RB where I had McKissic penciled in for 4 targets and 1 carry. Every catch is like a 10 yard run in full PPR. So if McKissic caught 3 passes for 15 yards that would be the equivalent of Lacy getting 45 yards.

With McKissic’s speed, I’d suggest he is a threat for a 10 yd per reception average so he had a much higher GPP friendly ceiling.

Lacy ended up with 11 carries but 5-6of those came in garbage time after Carson was out.

• richierich

What do we think Doug Martin role will be Thursday?

I’m currently thinking of punting with a James White type of play at RB2. Is it worth paying the extra 700 on FanDuel, and going down a tier at my last WR spot?

• richierich

@chatmar said...

Anyone got news on Jordan Reed if he is playing or not?

Practiced in full capacity all week. Participated in both team and individual drills.

This usually means that you’re a go.

I am more curious about Robert Kelly’s status, myself.

• BIF

@GTRandy27 said...

Kareem Hunt o/u 17.5 ppr points ?

He better be over that or I’m wasting a lot of salary tonight.

I’m hoping for 75 rush 5-60 receiving and a TD for 24.5

• deactivated204643

@BIF said...

Lacy was $3400
    I disagree he was the better play; he was a lock for 6 touches (all carries) as Sea had committed to Carson as a true #1 RB where I had McKissic penciled in for 4 targets and 1 carry. Every catch is like a 10 yard run in full PPR. So if McKissic caught 3 passes for 15 yards that would be the equivalent of Lacy getting 45 yards.

With McKissic’s speed, I’d suggest he is a threat for a 10 yd per reception average so he had a much higher GPP friendly ceiling.

Lacy ended up with 11 carries but 5-6of those came in garbage time after Carson was out.

Rawls was a healthy scratch. That was a clear indication they planned to use Lacy a fair amount. I haven’t watched the tape but I don’t remember McKissic having a touch in the first half. On who was the better play I think we’ll have to agree to disagree.

• Dfspacman

Hopkins and Gurley definitely loving the start of this season, talk about change lol

• GTRandy27

@BIF said...

He better be over that or I’m wasting a lot of salary tonight.

I’m hoping for 75 rush 5-60 receiving and a TD for 24.5

Oh yeah I want at least 20 points from him as well, GL tonight

• sox9

@BIF said...

Good luck with that Captain Last Week

I don’t like any of the WR options I am seeing. I don’t mind paying up for Gurley, Bell, Zeke and maybe even Gordon at a bit lower price. I’ll look at Ertz first at TE. I don’t like most of the QB options that are higher priced other than maybe Rodgers. Will pay down for a Hoyer, Kizer, maybe even Manuel and look at PITT, PHL, CLEVE or BUF DEF. WRs I am at a total loss other than a Rodgers/Cobb stack

• BIF

@bluebroker said...

Rawls was a healthy scratch. That was a clear indication they planned to use Lacy a fair amount. I haven’t watched the tape but I don’t remember McKissic having a touch in the first half. On who was the better play I think we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Rawls had zero touches/targets the last time he dressed so I’m not sure that was a clear indication of more work for Lacy. To me it meant more Carson which is what was stated since last game.

We both have our opinions on what we expected and we interpreted the information we heard – it’s all good.

• sox9

I guess I don’t much like the slate in Week 5 and may cut back my exposure accordingly. Up a couple hundred dollars cumulatively through 4 weeks, it’s been a tough season so far other than for entertainment purposes. Then again, my exposure any given week is usually around $100 or just a little higher so I don’t expect to have a life-changing outcome w/a limited bankroll.

• BIF

@sox9 said...

I don’t like any of the WR options I am seeing. I don’t mind paying up for Gurley, Bell, Zeke and maybe even Gordon at a bit lower price. I’ll look at Ertz first at TE. I don’t like most of the QB options that are higher priced other than maybe Rodgers. Will pay down for a Hoyer, Kizer, maybe even Manuel and look at PITT, PHL, CLEVE or BUF DEF. WRs I am at a total loss other than a Rodgers/Cobb stack

I haven’t looked at next week yet but rarely is “what worked last week” the optimal solution for the following week.

Always expect the unexpected – it’s the one thing we can count on so far this season.

• JimKronlund

I am just thinking out loud while trying to understand what I am up against in tonight’s Wash/KC game.
    I am pretty crappy at DFS NFL and this is one of my better positions I will have this year, lol.
    I am trying to make some sense of the numbers & opportunity costs when picking QB Wilson ($8K), & DST Seattle ($4.5K). With & without McKissics’s $3K.
    Average remaining salary with McKissics leaves you with $5.7K for 6 picks.
    Average remaining salary without McKissics leaves you with $5.3K for 7 picks.

Does a team have a chance with Smith ($6.9K), Hunt ($9.4K), & McKissics’s ($3K).
    That leaves an average remaining salary of $5K for 6 picks.
    Without Hunt it is a ARS of $5.7K for 7 picks.

3/11 of my teams with McKissics consist of:
    Lockett, Moncrief, Gore, McKissic, Colts, Smith, Hunt, Hill, Kelce. 240 PMR. 63.6 pts.
    Carson, McKissic Baldwin, Lockett, Gore, Colts, Kelce, Hill, Smith, 180 PMR 69.7 pts.
    Wilson, Carson, McKissic , Baldwin, Graham, Lockett, Gore, Wash, Hill, 120 PMR. 101.4 pts.
    3 teams with no McKissics have 300 PMR. 36,46,54 pts.
    2 teams with no McKissics have 360 PMR 32 pts.

I do realize that it all “depends”, and that there are a lot of other RG’ers have same and much better positions.
    After doing this I still have no better picture of where I stand and it was kind of senseless.
    Anyways… Good Luck to all.

• Simplebitz

Sooooo… on DK they added another 5$ Mon-Thu game. Currently 4500/35k entries. Top prize is 10,000. It has 3 hours to fill…

• Simplebitz

Would it be stupid to play Josh Doctson in the Mon-Thur slate? Is he last resort from last nights contest or does he have a solid chance scoring a TD?

• acdawg712

Martin’s unclear role is pretty annoying, guess I’m not fading hunt now. Not the worst thing to hedge a bit with hunt and doctson.

• hcassidy

Just throwing this out there now, but are the Ravens D/ST or Oakland’s D/ST a must play next week? With Carr being out 2-6 weeks with a ‘Minor Spine Fracture’(didn’t know was a thing), hell Del Rio said it was just muscle spasms.

• JimKronlund

@Simplebitz said...

Sooooo… on DK they added another 5$ Mon-Thu game. Currently 4500/35k entries. Top prize is 10,000. It has 3 hours to fill…

In 45 minutes since your post. At 6:30 Est its now at 11302/35.6K. With 150 max entries, I am guessing it fills.

• zline34

@Quadhole said...

Kind of my point, those WONT work next week and back to a GB-Stack or a NE stack. Let’s face it, very difficult to count on anyone these days. That is the NFL. I think the games are more exciting now. Always last min. fights, battle of no mistakes thru 3 quarters and then the real game starts…

WHERE is that ATL / NE -189 LOCK ! who wrote that ?

Of course these won’t work the next week, but all of these guys were on my projection list. I’m sick of people saying these are random variance. Kroft had 4 targets his first start, and of course he’s going to get more targets the more comfortable he gets. Dalton wasn’t going to keep playing that bad. Powell is getting all the snaps now. These plays were obvious. I wasn’t on Funchess, but he’s a good option when he gets targets.

• JimKronlund

Week 5 NFL thread is up and on page 5.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nfl-week-5-2094708?page=1

• tonedefrob

Some RG guys on Twitter: “2 game NFL slates are degen/greed by sites”

On RG: “lol here’s your 2 game slate content, go hit the nuts”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).