1:00 PM EST : Buffalo ( 8 ) at Atlanta ( -8 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 3 ) at Tampa Bay ( -3 ) —- T: 44
    4:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 2.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -2.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    4:05 PM EST : San Francisco ( 7 ) at Arizona ( -7 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : Oakland ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 46.5
    8:30 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 13 ) at Seattle ( -13 ) —- T: 41.5

Monday, 10/2
    8:30 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at Kansas City ( -7 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• gillio

I have a lot more Eli this week than I feel comfortable about. But we all saw was Kase Keenum did to this defense, add in the fact Giants have zero run game hard to see Eli not score at least 25 this week, pair him with Odell for 50+ points

• noddy

Idk man. Really struggling to put a cash lineup together that I really feel comfortable with

• Kloozy

@thehazyone said...

Every week I do a comparison of eight major DFS sites for their projections and ownerships. My gift to all of you posting in this thread… the averages. For free. And yea, I actually use this as a basis for my roster construction (just because someone is highly projected though does it mean I’ll use them).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nAnVAvcCCiG4j9tRt471ujTETN9MQQQII7UboFhGKp8/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks man! That’s a great ownership tool, I appreciate you sharing that!

• theghostofveebs

Hello team. Second post here / lurked this year and last / long time FBG member / Pats homer and FD DFS degenerate.

My perspective on Pats / Panthers matchup fwiw…

Key Concepts

- Cam has been declared dead by the masses. This MAY be true but Kuechly, Davis and others have a lot of pride and just got spanked by NO. – Hightower is back this week which makes a HUGE difference to Pats defense. Butler, Gilmore, McCourty, and Chung need something resembling a pass rush.

Game Script Scenarios (Pats offense)

(a) Run game stuffed and pass game goes off for 4+ TDs. Low probability because of concept #1 unless defense generates short fields (this IS a possibility).
    (b) “Dink and dunk” with Amendola and White for a majority of the game. Low probability because it implies Panthers are keeping it close all game.
    © Methodical success using full arsenal to get up a couple scores in the first half, followed by Gillislee controlling clock in second half.

Belichick issued some misleading rhetoric earlier in the week proclaiming Cam “public enemy #1” which dates back to the last Pats / Panthers matchup years ago in which Cam had a big day on the ground and in the air. News flash: NE coaching staff watches film and is aware that Cam is a shell of his former self. I believe the hidden agenda will be to take CMC away and this will act like kryptonite for “superman”. The return of Hightower is enough, I believe, to tip the scales and limit to Panthers to 13 or 17 points (at best).

With these thoughts in mind, Scenario C is the mostly likely scenario, implying: – Gillislee, Pats kicker, Pats defense should be nice plays….the defense probably being low owned. These three are in my million pool. – I won’t advise you to not roster Brady and/or Gronk ever, but White, Hogan, Cooks, and Amendola are darts. – If I were to stack passing game, it would literally be a 3 way coin flip between Brady/Gronk, Brady/Cooks, or Brady/White/Hogan. I’ll invest $1 on each GPP. – Amendola is an exaggerated version of Edelman; both can dominate the short option routes, but Edelman can find the end zone if / when primary options are hurt

Pats 34-13 (2 pass TDs, 2 Gillislee plunges, 2 FGs). However, there is uncertainty here. Kuechly is still the best LB in football, and the front 7 is no joke, imo.

Best of luck to you all.

• jaygee9

Thoughts on lower tier te on fd? Brate Ebron or engram? Brate gets all of the love against vulnerable defense but doesn’t get the volume. Ebron also plays against weak d against te. Engram plays up against banged up defense and seems to have highest upside

• lineupofpeace

We playing Matt Breida if we get early news on Hyde?

• lukemiller42

again i hear this narrative but alex smith and deshaun watson had absurd games vs the patriots. the panthers will a.) be losing and b.) know the patriots biggest weakness is their pass defense. ive played enough draftkings in enough sports to see this is exactly the type of guy in the type of spot where everyone will say “man what the fuck this shit is so random, he couldnt do shit vs saints defense at home then he follows it up with 28 dkp AT NEW ENGLAND??”. like is it that unrealistic to see: 200 yds passing/60 yds rushing/1 passing tds/1 rush td/1 int from cam? thats 8 + 6 + 6 + 4 – 1 = 23 pts.

just add onto the fact that brady could get up to 20% owned at the highest price somehow and i think its a brilliant contrarian play. like zeke vs cj anderson, bell vs howard, etc. i think some dude posted it earlier but if u look at those high priced chalks then take the opposite guy, it works out even if no ones on it. if cam sucks dick then so be it but i think he is in a good spot…you can always have a bad day vs a bad pass defense, the saints werent gonna give up 4 tds a game and 400 yds passing to everyone. but its a lot harder to have a bad day vs 2 terrible pass defenses in a row.

• noddy

@lukemiller42 said...

again i hear this narrative but alex smith and deshaun watson had absurd games vs the patriots. the panthers will a.) be losing and b.) know the patriots biggest weakness is their pass defense. ive played enough draftkings in enough sports to see this is exactly the type of guy in the type of spot where everyone will say “man what the fuck this shit is so random, he couldnt do shit vs saints defense at home then he follows it up with 28 dkp AT NEW ENGLAND??”. like is it that unrealistic to see: 200 yds passing/60 yds rushing/1 passing tds/1 rush td/1 int from cam? thats 8 + 6 + 6 + 4 – 1 = 23 pts.

just add onto the fact that brady could get up to 20% owned at the highest price somehow and i think its a brilliant contrarian play. like zeke vs cj anderson, bell vs howard, etc. i think some dude posted it earlier but if u look at those high priced chalks then take the opposite guy, it works out even if no ones on it. if cam sucks dick then so be it but i think he is in a good spot…you can always have a bad day vs a bad pass defense, the saints werent gonna give up 4 tds a game and 400 yds passing to everyone. but its a lot harder to have a bad day vs 2 terrible pass defenses in a row.

The only thing here to me is that Cam’s shoulder may actually still be hurt.

• Alexg85

Ya know, i absolutely hate this week and i wish I skipped it. Bell/Zeke/Gurley/Fournette/Cook/McCoy/Freeman/McCaffrey/Mixon

AB/Julio/Obj/AJG/Keenan and then the onslaught of mid tier receivers

Fitz/Hopkins/Shepard/Jackson/Matthews/Hurns to name a few

Gronk/Ertz/Brate/Engram/Cook/Griffin to make a few TE in good shape

Just about all in great spots i believe all of these are in just the 12 game slate. I’m going bust this week I know it. At first i had a gameplan for my tournaments, i have 8 lineups on DK $3-$12 tournament, and now they are just a mashup of all of these players at random basically after going in and fiddling back and forth. I need to go back to the drawing board and get serious on which players/games I like most and just do slight variances in TE and D i think. Anyone else having these issues?

I guess my lineups should consist of all of those players I did not feel safe with ftw? Cooks, Gordon, Evans, and so on

• Dadeano860

@CleverGroom said...

The Cardinals offensive line will be…LT Humphries (Q knee, GTD) or rookie Holden, LG Wetzel, C Shipley, RG Boehm, RT Veldheer?

Not sure off the top of my mind who the LE is across from Veldheer, but it was embarrassing what Demarcus Lawrence did to him on Monday night

• NDNole

@lukemiller42 said...

• Dadeano860

@CleverGroom said...

Yeah. I don’t think Cowboys LG Chaz Green practiced today. He’s got a late-breaking injury to his surgically repaired hip. Missed 2015 from that hip.

I’m right there with you. Cowboys OL isn’t the same, Zeke’s usage isn’t the same, Zeke himself isn’t the same. Maybe all that changes this week, but you gotta find concrete reasons to believe in it if you do.

Zeke was my lean, but inching to Shady. Would you care to rank the RBs as you feel are best cash plays? I’m going crazy this week, I can really find a reason to play (in brief):

Bell- Williams is banged up, he’s the Ravens run defense. He’s better on the road.

Zeke- 6 point favorite at home, Rams rush d has been weak.

Shady- in the dome and targets the Falcons weakness.

Gurley- been hot, Dallas defense looked good vs Arizona, but we know they aren’t a real offensive line. Lee may be out which is huge.

Fournette- Jets had been an abomination vs the run until last week.

Cook- workhorse vs Detroit defense.

Mixon- lead back now vs banged up Browns. Should get 20 touches at a cheap price.

CMC- game script should be his once they fall behind. Could see 10+ targets again. Pats LBs are arguably the worst in the league, even if Hightower plays, he can’t stay with him in pass coverage

• Simplebitz

The only way the Panthers compete is if Jonathan Stewart goes apeshit. BB will hawkeye McCaffrey when set in the backfield. And Newton can’t duel against Brady with that shoulder.

• sanders_tj

@monarch said...

I don’t love Dalvin Cook on FD as much this week. He’s priced up, against Haloti Ngata and FD isn’t as generous for ppr.

Personally I would try and get Zeke, Carson and make the salaries work somewhere else. Those two are getting 25 touches while likely enjoying correct game script.

Um…

There’s no one in the league who averages more touches per game than Dalvin Cook who’s not named Todd Gurley. Why do you think Carson will get more touches than Cook? He averages less than 14 touches per game. You’re also implying that Cook won’t get favorable game script? He is playing at home, as a favorite, and the Vikings offense runs through him, especially that they are starting their back up QB again.

If there is any running back who is set for 25 touches this weekend, it’s Dalvin Cook.

• Kloozy

TheHazyOne, what is the value number telling us? I can’t seem to figure it out…

• XxHeisenbergxX

@theghostofveebs said...

Hello team. Second post here / lurked this year and last / long time FBG member / Pats homer and FD DFS degenerate.

My perspective on Pats / Panthers matchup fwiw…

Key Concepts

- Cam has been declared dead by the masses. This MAY be true but Kuechly, Davis and others have a lot of pride and just got spanked by NO. – Hightower is back this week which makes a HUGE difference to Pats defense. Butler, Gilmore, McCourty, and Chung need something resembling a pass rush.

Game Script Scenarios (Pats offense)

(a) Run game stuffed and pass game goes off for 4+ TDs. Low probability because of concept #1 unless defense generates short fields (this IS a possibility).
    (b) “Dink and dunk” with Amendola and White for a majority of the game. Low probability because it implies Panthers are keeping it close all game.
    © Methodical success using full arsenal to get up a couple scores in the first half, followed by Gillislee controlling clock in second half.

Belichick issued some misleading rhetoric earlier in the week proclaiming Cam “public enemy #1” which dates back to the last Pats / Panthers matchup years ago in which Cam had a big day on the ground and in the air. News flash: NE coaching staff watches film and is aware that Cam is a shell of his former self. I believe the hidden agenda will be to take CMC away and this will act like kryptonite for “superman”. The return of Hightower is enough, I believe, to tip the scales and limit to Panthers to 13 or 17 points (at best).

With these thoughts in mind, Scenario C is the mostly likely scenario, implying: – Gillislee, Pats kicker, Pats defense should be nice plays….the defense probably being low owned. These three are in my million pool. – I won’t advise you to not roster Brady and/or Gronk ever, but White, Hogan, Cooks, and Amendola are darts. – If I were to stack passing game, it would literally be a 3 way coin flip between Brady/Gronk, Brady/Cooks, or Brady/White/Hogan. I’ll invest $1 on each GPP. – Amendola is an exaggerated version of Edelman; both can dominate the short option routes, but Edelman can find the end zone if / when primary options are hurt

Pats 34-13 (2 pass TDs, 2 Gillislee plunges, 2 FGs). However, there is uncertainty here. Kuechly is still the best LB in football, and the front 7 is no joke, imo.

Best of luck to you all.

I agree with a lot of what you have stated but I have to go with my own eye test whether it is right or wrong. In my eye test the Panthers stink and there is not one player on this team that is worth any of my salary cap space. That being said there are two players from the Pats I am using this week and that is Cooks and Amendola. You could be right but the Patriots are the Patriots they are home and in my opinion they will destroy Carolina.

A little tidbit the Patriots are 19-1 SU in their last 20 games as home favorites of 9 points or more.

• econbrah11

Honestly I think CMC is in a really good spot this week. If the Panthers win I don’t think there will be less than 50 pts scored in this game because the Pats offense is just too good. I don’t see how CMC doesn’t produce good numbers if the Panthers score 25+ pts.

On the other hand, if the Pats get a big lead, CMC is gonna see all the targets especially towards the end of the game where the Pats will play prevent defense and CMC will get plenty of 8-10 yards passes. If he gets 7-8 catches for 60-70 yards and 8-10 rushes for 30 yards thats good enough for me for cash games at his salary.

The only way CMC busts is if the Panthers can’t produce anything on offense and I don’t see that happening since the Pats will find ways to exploit their secondary.

• 4Champion

@BIF said...

Yup I agree on DJax. I still think Evans sees twice as many targets 12-14 vs 6-7 and Evans’ targets will be slightly higher percentage passes but DJax can take any pass the distance so he only needs to catch a couple passes to potentially hit value

DJax always kills the Giants. I’m a Giants fan and expect atleast one long td bomb to DJax this week.

• Quadhole

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Word on the street is that Oakland pkayers threw the game because their QB Carr wouldn’t take a knee.

LMAO ! Oh please tell me that is true…

• Quadhole

@BIF said...

I’m not sure off-kilter is correct. We simply don’t know much about the Bucs Offense as they have played the weirdest start to a season of anyone.

Week 1 PPD

Week 2 saw the first live action for starters in 4+ weeks and they jumped on the Bears so quickly and badly thanks to a pile of turnovers that starters got pulled in early 4thQ

Week 3 a pile of defensive injuries, turnovers and Minny jumping on them early caused the Bucs to get so little TOP and then had to change their game plan basically ignoring the run.

I’m a Bucs fan and I still don’t know what we have on Offense or defense yet which sucks as we are still banged up on defense and play a hungry winless Giants teams then on 3 days rest with little prep time, we get to host the Patriots on Thursday.

I don’t think we see what the Bucs really have until Week 6 (their 5th game) and I just hope we are 2-2 and healthy heading in to it.

Bif, I am sure you know they are GOOD, on verge of great… This type of QB is going to be a killer each week to deal with… Deshawn seems to only want the BOMB and the acceptable TOSS up catch will bite them every third game. RB will be the shit soon… Def. will play better and should get into playoffs and lose to Atlanta or GB…
    How do you ever overcome lak of an accurate throw ?

• Quadhole

@AVivier said...

Rivers has stuggled at times against rivals, and KC can be a tough D, but what I saw (and not to speak for others, but I’m not the only one) had nothing to do with opponent or situation. It wasn’t stats, it was he seemed to struggle throwing a sharp football. It floated and wasn’t accurate.

I’m not trying to talk anyone off him, and still running him some myself, but i saw it happen with my eyes. It was weird.

This is usually when he starts playing well each year…. This next 8 game stretch, then he tires and finishes 8-8 again

• winnerchickendinner

Ryan Griffin can have a good game if he gets the targets. Tennessee is not known for being bad aginst tight ends but Jimmy Graham had a good day and they are no.9 in explosive pass plays allowed.

• noddy

OK everyone. Who are you top 2 cash game plays this week?

• lukemiller42

@noddy said...

OK everyone. Who are you top 2 cash game plays this week?

qb: brady/watson
    rb: zeke/cook
    wr: hopkins/fitzgerald
    te: crapshoot, probably brate
    def: bengals/cardinals

i dont like cash games but this is what im picking up. id much rather play gpp and fade most of these fools

• Quadhole

@GTRandy27 said...

Posts like these get me worried. I don’t think you ever project your QB to throw 4 tds, especially the unpredictable patriots whom can easily pound in tds with their rbs. I’ve had Brady locked in my cash all week, but have been thinking of moving to someone like Wentz or Wilson.

0 then 3 then 5 and now 4 ? Not feeling the flow. It is time for a break… Maybe 2

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.