1:00 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 5.5 ) at Atlanta ( -5.5 ) —- T: 48
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -3.5 ) at Arizona ( 3.5 ) —- T: 37.5
    4:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( 3 ) at Oakland ( -3 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : San Francisco ( 9.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -9.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : New Orleans ( -3.5 ) at NY Giants ( 3.5 ) —- T: 50
    8:20 PM EST : Baltimore ( 3 ) at Pittsburgh ( -3 ) —- T: —

Monday, 9/31
    8:15 PM EST : Kansas City ( -3.5 ) at Denver ( 3.5 ) —- T: 55

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• zpa1989

haven’t the niners played the run well so far? with foster back too, i doubt the chargers run well on them. i see rivers airing it out. can’t justify the 8700 tag on gordon on FD. elliot seems like a no brainer. DJ getting cheap but its hard to get behind that play. RB looks a little tough this week on FD. if mixon is out i think i will go back to the bernard well.

drake on the road at NE after he burnt some people last week?
    howard at home against the bucs?

i could see either hyde or lynch having a big game

thoughts on RB this week on FD?

• thedkexperience

@Ace15 said...

I have Watson and Mahomes in Fantasy, I have started Watson 3 straight weeks based on unwavering faith that he will go nuclear. I will be all in on Watson in DFS, this is the week he goes straight ham. Watson/Amari/Julio for the million. I have been on these 3 since the beginning of the season and this is the week they all smash and reward me for my undying loyalty.

I still can’t believe that I got Mahomes and Tyreek (plus 3 draft picks) for Antonio Brown in my dynasty league. I can keep them their entire careers.

I’m doubly shocked that I had the balls to bench Cam Newton in week 2 for Mahomes.

• thedkexperience

@wolfshield said...

Are you saying Eifert is going to be low owned given this fact, or are you fading due to CIN’s TE depth? He’s 4600 on FD and I am going to bite. Similar to last night with OJ Howard and Brate, a backup TE can still be serviceable on the right team.

Not so sure about your assessment of Eifert’s role either. He had 8 targets last week.

He is still a solid player but in his best days he was highly TD dependent and he’s splitting red zone looks. At 4600 … totally a fine play. Just wanted to point out that Cincy has other options at TE and Eifert isn’t the slam dunk he once was. Never a field extender 8 non-red zone looks from Eifert could easily pull in a 4 catch 28 yard day.

• BIF

@deeebo said...

Yo guys. This in my season long fantasy league. Someone is willing to give me Watson for either D Adams or Lynch? I need a qb. But which should I give up? Im thinking lynch .. my other rb is gurley. and i have a lot of wrs but adams is def bettee right. So 1. Should i do the trade and 2. Which one should I give up? Thanks

Give away Lynch all day

Do not trade Davante – he scores every week

Agree on the other poster’s suggestion of waving Hogan out there as his usage is bad and gets worse potentially with Edelman and Gordon soon to be a thing.

• BIF

@CeeRob said...

What do I do with a 20 dollar Milly ticket when it’s 10 bucks? Just wait it out?

$20 Milly is back next week or use DK support Chat and ask them to convert to 2 $10 tickets.

• deeebo

@BIF said...

Give away Lynch all day

Do not trade Davante – he scores every week

i was going to but i think im gonna do week to week on qbs. don’t have much depth at rb. only gurley lynch k johnson and a jones

• 808state

I think it depends on AJ Green. If Green is out then it will be a good play.

• mtdurham

Not to be the “make better lineups guy” but my gosh… just now reading through last night’s MNF showdown…. the mental gymnastics some people will perform to avoid admitting they are either bad at DFS or simply made a mistake when evaluating a slate….

Making excuses will not make you better at many things in life… take your lumps and try to learn from them… there was a convo last night where a guy makes a comment about how playing a particular player made no sense…

Then someone sensibly explains that he played min priced Player A when he saw Player B on the inactive list..which is obviously sound DFS strategy… Then the person responded with “blah blah you just have a bigger bankroll and play a bunch of lineups it makes no sense to play that guy”… so instead of learning from your mistake and implementing sound decision making into week 4 lineups im sure that guy will still be making those same mistakes going forward.. Has anyone ever considered that a lot of players simply have bigger bankrolls because they make better lineup decisions? Frankly, if you can’t afford to mass enter and make +EV decisions on who you roster that just means you’re playing over your head and need to drop down in stakes until you can…

Newsflash… showdown slates are top heavy prize structures… if you are terrified of owning a min priced player, a contrarian captain, or your lineup containing some kind of quirk in general this is probably not going to go very well for you.

Beyond that stubborn refusal to learn from our mistakes is not something we can overcome in DFS…that’s a deal breaker if you ever hope to become even breakeven at this…

congrats to everyone who had a good week 3. Onward and upward.

• IronMonkey415

I admit I suck big time playing DFS.

• BIF

@deeebo said...

i was going to but i think im gonna do week to week on qbs. don’t have much depth at rb. only gurley lynch k johnson and a jones

Both Kerryon and Jones have upside

Kerryon earns himself the #1 job this week and will likely get vultured a couple times from Blount but there is upside.

Jones will be the RB1 again in GB soon; this was his 1st week back.

The crappy part is both are on pass happy teams but at least ARod is nicked so can’t drop back 50 times for a while.

• thedkexperience

@mtdurham said...

Not to be the “make better lineups guy” but my gosh… just now reading through last night’s MNF showdown…. the mental gymnastics some people will perform to avoid admitting they are either bad at DFS or simply made a mistake when evaluating a slate….

Making excuses will not make you better at many things in life… take your lumps and try to learn from them… there was a convo last night where a guy makes a comment about how playing a particular player made no sense…

Then someone sensibly explains that he played min priced Player A when he saw Player B on the inactive list..which is obviously sound DFS strategy… Then the person responded with “blah blah you just have a bigger bankroll and play a bunch of lineups it makes no sense to play that guy”… so instead of learning from your mistake and implementing sound decision making into week 4 lineups im sure that guy will still be making those same mistakes going forward.. Has anyone ever considered that a lot of players simply have bigger bankrolls because they make better lineup decisions? Frankly, if you can’t afford to mass enter and make +EV decisions on who you roster that just means you’re playing over your head and need to drop down in stakes until you can…

Newsflash… showdown slates are top heavy prize structures… if you are terrified of owning a min priced player, a contrarian captain, or your lineup containing some kind of quirk in general this is probably not going to go very well for you.

Beyond that stubborn refusal to learn from our mistakes is not something we can overcome in DFS…that’s a deal breaker if you ever hope to become even breakeven at this…

• noddy

@BIF said...

Spoken like a Niners-truther 🙄

I think the Chargers D is much better than their stats show because of like you said who they have played (KC and Rams).

You talk about the Bills game and giving up 20; the Chargers were up 28-6 at HT and 31-13 with a minute remaining before a garbage time TD with 38 ticks left. The Chargers D also grabbed 2 picks and got 7 sacks on Allen (and that all without Bosa).

I hope a lot of people just look at the stats that say LAC D is bad and not look at the actual reason behind those stats and the matchup they have against a bottom 3 group of WRs and an average QB at best getting his first start in 10 months.

Chargers D for me. Who do you like at QB for cash this week Bif?

• deeebo

@BIF said...

Both Kerryon and Jones have upside

Kerryon earns himself the #1 job this week and will likely get vultured a couple times from Blount but there is upside.

Jones will be the RB1 again in GB soon; this was his 1st week back.

The crappy part is both are on pass happy teams but at least ARod is nicked so can’t drop back 50 times for a while.

exactly. think im gonna keep the roster as it is and just pick up weekly qbs

• NDNole

@mtdurham said...

I had a good week. Much better than last week which was dumpster for me. I 2nd this comment. I didn’t get better at this until a few years ago when I just got to where I realized you cant win picking guys that are safe. Now I don’t even care if I cash or not so long as the REASON why I made the lineup made sense. I just move on to the next week. And whataya know I started to cash much more. People just need to just be smart but also not be afraid to make a risky pick amongst the safe ones if the ywant to win anything.

• mtdurham

@thedkexperience said...

“Baker/Landry stack is going to be chalk.”

A rookie QB making his first start on the road in a 4pm game and a WR who is allergic to the endzone will not be the chalk.

When i read this i thought “the browns are playing two thursday nights in a row?”

I thought for sure he was talking about a showdown slate

• deeebo

is stacking the giants this week honestly a good play for cash?

• Dunzor

@NDNole said...

Now I don’t even care if I cash or not so long as the REASON why I made the lineup made sense. I just move on to the next week.

Key thing right here that a lot of people need to realize, and it’s a common one in all forms of gambling and decision making….DON’T BE RESULTS ORIENTED! Focus on if the process and reasoning was correct and continue from there, don’t let a wild result skew your decision making the next week.

Also whole-heartedly agree with your sentiment that if you are going to be playing #thatGPPlife, that you shouldn’t be focused on min cashing, you should build your lineups with a top 10 prize in mind, and then when those lineups play well but not amazing you will find yourself with some mid / min cashes of course, but to design your lineups safe looking for a min cash in a GPP is useless, go put that lineup in a double up or other cash games instead.

• mtdurham

@Dunzor said...

I’m pretty happy the Steelers, Chiefs and Rams are not on the main slate, it means people can’t just flock to those offenses where everything is funneled through a couple guys and they have to really dig in and evaluate a bunch of other teams this week. I think it’ll be one of the bigger edge weeks over the public

Agreed.. i dont really love the way pricing works in DFS football… its like a guy is way underpriced James Conner week 1 style… or way overpriced Jimmy Garropolo Week 3 style…

I’ve done well in football so far but my biggest mistake has been not narrowing my player pool far enough…there are a LOT of guys who are fine cash plays that just dont have many paths to victory in GPP.

I dont think the pricing should be the same in CASH and GPP…that’s the biggest issue IMO

• cheezpizza

@BIF said...

WR2 yes has been beating the Saints but would you call Shepard the real WR2 ??

I have yet to break down all the Giants formations from the last game but from what I have seen (from memory) early in the season is the Giants using OBJ a bit more in the slot making Shepard WR1 on those formations and I’ve seen Shepard lining up in the slot when OBJ is not this making Latimer the real WR2 if we are talking about where they line up. Obviously Shepard is the #2 WR but not sure you call him WR2 like you would Ridley or DJax who both lit up the Saints.

The problem is, the Saints normally play Lattimore on the top dog…so regardless of where OBJ goes, so does #23.

• NDNole

@Dunzor said...

Key thing right here that a lot of people need to realize, and it’s a common one in all forms of gambling and decision making….DON’T BE RESULTS ORIENTED! Focus on if the process and reasoning was correct and continue from there, don’t let a wild result skew your decision making the next week.

Pretty much my exact approach when I trade. I just bring my trading mentality to DFS.

• Ace15

@cheezpizza said...

The problem is, the Saints normally play Lattimore on the top dog…so regardless of where OBJ goes, so does #23.

OBJ is not affected by top corner backs. He will still get his. See Week 1, also think there is a stat somewhere that backs that claim up as well. Heard on a DFS podcast.

• mtdurham

@pheffernan7 said...

Bears fan here and if you honestly think Dalton sucks we’ll give you Trubisky straight up. He’s a train wreck

I watched him several times at UNC and was honestly at a total loss as to why anyone would draft this guy in the top 5….

I’m really good at evaluating NBA draft prospects but pretty bad at evaluating NFL prospects… so i usually just rely on nfl draft scouting consensus… but i can tell you for a fact that this one never made any sense…

It’s not that I expected Trubisky to suck this bad (my god he is inaccurate)… it’s just that usually a top 5 QB will leap off the screen with his arm strength, athleticism, statistics, all around brilliance….you know SOMETHING that makes you say wow look at this guy….

Trubisky was never, at any point, that guy in college

• PhoFever

@lotusbomb said...

people must have been very heavy on the pats, on the sun/mon slate I cashed in all my lineups with 2 duds in every one.

I was bewildered to see Big Ben’s ownership at……drumroll….7.3%! in my Yahoo double ups for that slate. Pretty miraculous for a 4 team slate.

• DFScoholic

Whatever makes cents do the opposite i.e. buffalo football is so cruel

• DFScoholic

Y

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).