1:00 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at Buffalo ( 7.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -4 ) at Arizona ( 4 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 10 ) at LA Rams ( -10 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: 38
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 45.5

Monday, 9/30
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 4.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -4.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Smallchimp

My first takeaway is wow, the Darwin Thompson pre-hype train got addressed QUICKLY. Darrel Williams got a little more run than I’d expected yesterday (14 touches, 9 on the ground, 5 through the air compared to McCoy’s 11 touches) and I wonder how much this will impact the decision to get Thompson going in any fantasy-viable capacity. As much as I’d bought onto the Thompson hype pre-McCoy, it seems like his time isn’t quite yet, considering Williams offers a more well-rounded skill set. Thompson truthers are going to be paying a $1300 premium compared to his salary this past main slate and I think this is going to be a spot I’m not going to really consider. 29 RB touches is nice and they have to go somewhere (even if out of the backfield and towards receivers), but did Reid reassure us that Williams is going to be a roadblock for the rookie?

• SteeloCity

My take away for this week is to play whatever defense is going against the Cardinals…lotta sacks

• kdsdawg

@SteeloCity said...

My take away for this week is to play whatever defense is going against the Cardinals…lotta sacks

Seattle at Arizona, they had 0 sacks against the Saints yesterday, hope they can take advantage of the Arizona OL
    Rams at home against Winston is another I am looking at

• depalma13

Tight Ends against the Cardinals are a lock. Will Dissly is $2k too cheap.

• DC2380

@depalma13 said...

YUP

• thedkexperience

@depalma13 said...

Anyone else fine next week’s options at QB and RB a bit more limited than the last few weeks? This makes me happy.

On FD it looks like another Russell Wilson smash week, and both Mack and Ingram look like very good plays again.

• Smallchimp

@thedkexperience said...

Anyone else fine next week’s options at QB and RB a bit more limited than the last few weeks? This makes me happy.

At this point, what exactly is a “bad” QB score in general? Sub 20? If anything, it seems like the trend for QBs is either you get one of the 1/3 of guys who beat that threshold or you’re down by a lot. Pair this with the fact that 11 30-plus FP games by QBs have happened in these 3 weeks, does limiting QB options help that much?

• kdsdawg

@thedkexperience said...

Ingram look like very good plays again.

why Ingram…Cleveland was #1 in the league in holding RB to least fantasy production after 2 weeks and last night didn’t seem to be any different

• TJRhodes

Dissly for sure. Eckler in a smash spot and Miami looked liked they could actually move the ball a little against Dallas. Probably lock him in everywhere. Is this the week Diggs finally goes off?

• TomBradyBlueMamba

@TJRhodes said...

Dissly for sure. Eckler in a smash spot and Miami looked liked they could actually move the ball a little against Dallas. Probably lock him in everywhere. Is this the week Diggs finally goes off?

Who is ‘Him’? Miami? Nevermind, it’s early over here! Ekeler does look great

• lukemiller42

My only issue with dissly is he has 3 tds in two weeks. I’m not sold Seattle loves throwing to tight ends. It’s just hard to see week 4, will dissly is leading all tight ends with 5 touchdowns. With all the talk of him being a lock, i might go in a different direction.

• thedkexperience

@Smallchimp said...

At this point, what exactly is a “bad” QB score in general? Sub 20? If anything, it seems like the trend for QBs is either you get one of the 1/3 of guys who beat that threshold or you’re down by a lot. Pair this with the fact that 11 30-plus FP games by QBs have happened in these 3 weeks, does limiting QB options help that much?

Every single LU I make starts with a QB. I feast on chalk at QB but, to your point, I haven’t had my primary QB score less than 20 points all season. Sure, I’ll miss out on a crazy Daniel Jones game, but it’s just not worth it to me to hope this is a Jimmy Garapolo week, for example.

So yes, I’m good with limited options anyway because I naturally limit my options. I don’t think most people do and that leads to things like people wondering if this is the week where Joe Flacco is too good of a value to pass up. Like usual, he isn’t. Eat that chalk. Dak, Lamar and Mahomes have played for me a lot in the first 3 weeks.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

@lukemiller42 said...

My only issue with dissly is he has 3 tds in two weeks. I’m not sold Seattle loves throwing to tight ends. It’s just hard to see week 4, will dissly is leading all tight ends with 5 touchdowns. With all the talk of him being a lock, i might go in a different direction.

Im not sure they have many options. Penny may still be Q and Carson can’t hold onto a ball. DK is a big physical guy, but he is not a burner so nobody is opening lanes. Seahawks look very bad, but Russell is a competitor so I imagine the pass game will pick up

• thedkexperience

@kdsdawg said...

why Ingram…Cleveland was #1 in the league in holding RB to least fantasy production after 2 weeks and last night didn’t seem to be any different

Because Baltimore will run the ball in any place, at any time, in any score and – in FD anyway – he’s dirt cheap in comparison to his usage.

Also, let’s pump the breaks on Cleveland being good against RBs. They got lit up by Derek Henry week 1. LeVeon still did good against them week 2. Sure, they shut down the Rams in week 3 but they still lost the game.

Mark Ingram should be priced 1000 more. Not sure why everyone thinks he isn’t a workhorse when all evidence points to him being one.

Edit – side note, where did you find a stat that said Cleveland is first in the NFL in fantasy points allowed against RBs? Henry had 159 yards and 2 TDs week 1 and LB should have had about 15-18 points depending on your website.

• monarch

Russ will be the highest owned QB and Lockett/Dissly will be right up there.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

Why do you insist Ingram is so pivotal? That was a run – game situation. Andrew’s banged up, loud stadium for poor play calling, I assume it did end up raining a bit?
    Chiefs were giving up 6 ypc this was clearly their weakness to attack. I think he’s a fine tournament play but not quite a workhorse lock imo.

• monarch

At the moment RB is not exciting. Going to be a two RB only week for me again

• thedkexperience

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Why do you insist Ingram is so pivotal? That was a run – game situation. Andrew’s banged up, loud stadium for poor play calling, I assume it did end up raining a bit?
    Chiefs were giving up 6 ypc this was clearly their weakness to attack. I think he’s a fine tournament play but not quite a workhorse lock imo.

Because he’s a really good player bordering on an all-pro level player who for some reason people still think is the guy in New Orleans. He’s in a perfect system and smashed 2 of 3 weeks.

I think he’s literally the best back available with a good matchup. Cleveland is a good match up.

• cheddarbob

cash too easy next week on FD.

Just lock in:
    QB – Wilson
    RB – McCaffrey
    RB – D Johnson
    FLEX – Ekeler

and profit

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

At the moment RB is not exciting. Going to be a two RB only week for me again

Yeah, I already can imagine Kerryon will be my highest owned RB. I would think he’ll be chalky though. Mack makes sense. Gallman could be in play if Barkley is out. Penny will be well worth a mulling over if he returns and Prosise if he doesn’t. Obviously the premium priced guys are always in play due to their ceilings.

• monarch

Eh, Derrick Henry is better than him and cheaper with as good if not a better matchup with no Neal and possibly Jarrett and Takk.

Re: Mark Ingram

• NDNole

@TomBradyBlueMamba  DK Metcalf is the definition of a burner. he isn’t shifty but has straight line timed 4.3 speed. If I were playing a seahawk this week it would definitely be him over dissly (who I think will disappoint) and lockette. Danger Russ could go off and not one of the wr’s or TE could go off with him lol. DK is the easy pivot in what will be high owned lockette/dissly/russ.

• TJRhodes

@monarch said...

Russ will be the highest owned QB and Lockett/Dissly will be right up there.

Probably so. The first Lineup I made was Stafford/Galloday. High total and Galloday burned some people last week.

• NDNole

Call me crazy but if rosen does not start this week I think its a fitzmagic week.It will be the week the magic is reborn. That’s my hot take. ONLY if he starts.

• Goesch89

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Im not sure they have many options. Penny may still be Q and Carson can’t hold onto a ball. DK is a big physical guy, but he is not a burner so nobody is opening lanes. Seahawks look very bad, but Russell is a competitor so I imagine the pass game will pick up

To be clear, DK Metcalf ran a 4.33 in the 40 and is averaging 24 yards per catch. Sooooo, what do you qualify as a “burner”?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).