1:00 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at Buffalo ( 7.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -4 ) at Arizona ( 4 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 10 ) at LA Rams ( -10 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: 38
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 45.5

Monday, 9/30
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 4.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -4.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mike42

@BIF said...

I think Mike mentioned Lindsay once but yea it was quiet otherwise here on him

I’ll be on the other RB in that game as I’m not scared of Den run D either.

Wasn’t me but I know someone else did. I talked about Ingram and Rex after White was out. If TY would have played two halves, I could have won a crapload of money.

• mtdurham

@thedkexperience said...

Horrific GMs give people massive bonuses and then trade them 6 months later triggering your own self induced cap nightmare. (Odell)

Horrific GMs remove franchise tags and let superstars walk for no compensation. (Norman)

Horrific GMs trade great nose tackles (Snacks) for 5th round picks, let all pro safeties walk to a division rival for less than top money (Collins) and then replace them by trading an all pro WR (Odell) for picks and a player (Peppers) who are not as good as the originals and still do not fill the holes they already had.

Horrific GMs sign “good culture” players to replace “bad culture” players and then watch the good one instantly get suspended for cheating. (Tate)

This is just the stuff off the top of my head. Add in that he could have picked Jones later in the first round. The guy has zero idea about how a cap is managed. He happened to make what appears to be a good pick with Jones and maybe the guy is a great drafter. If so, hey hats off, but he has made some amazingly brainless cap blunders like paying Eli 17 million for 2 games.

So hey check mark on drafting so far, congrats! Dude gets an F minus at cap management and in NFL player evaluation. At least he’s an arrogant dick and a liar for good measure.

But whatever … he did get a team to 15-1 right … with a team mostly drafted by someone else … which then went 6-10 right after. Gettleman stinks and would get laughed out of a Madden league just for his cap moves.

This is just way off man. Gentleman is a tremendous cap manager.

And He got compensation for josh norman and avoided overpaying a zone corner.

Getts understands that you pay the big boys up front and make due with scrap heap secondaries.

The giants and panthers were in absolutely horrible shape when he came on board and now hes turned around yet another destitute franchise.

You say Evan’s would have been available in later rounds but he wouldn’t have been if someone elss drafted him first . That’s just speculation. Now hes got a stud locked into a tiny deal. Giants will be competitive as early as next year and have a 4-7 year super bowl window ahead

• mtdurham

@AVivier said...

Out of the 30 top 10 lineups in DK’s MillyMaker so far this year, 20 have had RB flex, 9 WR and 1 TE.

Yea so far a 2:1 ratio looks good at the top. And if you looked at who cashed its probably closer to 3:1 and perhape even 4:1…. so the “correct” ratio is prob somewhere in the vicinity of the numbers I discussed that I aim for each week

• mike42

@mtdurham said...

Right so a much higher percentage of RBs are hitting 20+ points.

If you simply eliminate the timeshares there are like 7 of 15-18 rb who get there vs 14 of ~45 WR and the wr are a heck of a lot less obvious since it could be anyone not just the featured guys

I think the odds from here on out for the 3500-5500 flex favor TE’s. The double TE might be a trend moving forward. In years past, it was hard to find a TE that could get you 20 and that is no longer the case. The pricing seems to be perpetually lagging their true value. A lot of them are getting targeted at a high rate and most of them have a good amount of TD equity which is giving them more stable floors and higher ceilings than ever before.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I really don’t understand your guys’ obsession with being “unique”. All it takes is one player to be different. If all the CHALK smashes you try and avoid to get cute, where are you? There is only so much production to be had.

I do agree there are times to think what is the most likely outcome and if there is somebody in the same range who has the same/better matchup for discounted ownership. I think sometimes you think the “masses” are smarter than they are. If we’re talking chalky (and moreso game stacks) it’s always gonna be KC and to some extent BAL this year. Sure NYG (and maybe Scary Terry) will be owned but I doubt any of them approach “having to be worried” status. Just my opinion.

Don’t blow up a good lineup just because you think a guy or 2 might be 20% owned I guess is all I’m getting at.

• monarch

Hautalak- I dont think anyone is trying to be unique to win a milly maker. NFL is not like PGA or NBA where there are dupes. But you do want to land on a different roster construction in spots. The Lamar/Hollywood/Andrews faders probably stood a much better chance of cashing in week 3 than the people who just simply locked them in.

One of our regulars wanted to put Dak and Zeke into all 20 LUs. I cautioned them against that to the best I could.

NFL is an overreaction sport. People are going to hammer worse players and not play great players based on matchup and previous weeks performance. That’s where I try to look to attack.

• infantryboys

@deeebo said...

wait so if washington d is that terrible .. can we fire up Daniel Dimes??? for cash

I prefer Russell Wilson on FD in cash games. Jones is still a rookie making his 2nd career start so there is potential for a lot to go wrong.

• parrothead112

Help on Defense. I keep landing on the Bucs as a super cheap D. Are there any D’s below 3K worth looking at?

• Smallchimp

@mike42 said...

The pricing seems to be perpetually lagging their true value

Pricing seems wacky so far. It’s still early in the season so I’m sure that they don’t want to have lineup construction get too ugly for casual players yet, but still, when TEs are double-digit target studs, they can’t be less than $6k. Volume definitely seems like it’s always disproportionately valued compared to the resulting scores

• squidkill

If Mike’s Aunt had a hammer……………………….

• monarch

The milly was taken down with Julio, Keenan Allen and Mike Evans. I continue to believe that’s the way to go but I’ll be off Allen and Evans this week.

• squidkill

…………………she’d be a carpenter

• monarch

@parrothead112 said...

Help on Defense. I keep landing on the Bucs as a super cheap D. Are there any D’s below 3K worth looking at?

I’m on the Rams.

• Ace15

@monarch said...

The milly was taken down with Julio, Keenan Allen and Mike Evans. I continue to believe that’s the way to go but I’ll be off Allen and Evans this week.

Fading TB, Just play LAR D. Allen is just so hot right now…I just don’t see it slowing down. Xavien Howard gets Mike W…it’s really just Ekler and Allen..not sure if I want to jump off this week.

• monarch

@Ace15 said...

Fading TB, Just play LAR D. Allen is just so hot right now…I just don’t see it slowing down. Xavien Howard gets Mike W…it’s really just Ekler and Allen..not sure if I want to jump off this week.

Xavien Howard was torched repeatedly at Dallas. I don’t think he is playing to the best of his ability

And he followed Cooper into the slot so hes probably on Allen

• Ace15

@monarch said...

Xavien Howard was torched repeatedly at Dallas. I don’t think he is playing to the best of his ability

Amari is much better than Mike W. Could be right with all the turmoil he’s probably just like screw it.

• Luctyl99

Jakobi Meyers at min price on FanDuel if edelman misses?

• squidkill

One thing is real———- Philip Dorsett is in Brady’s circle of trust – The move would be Dorsett- Heard it wasn’t bad for Jules- he should be out there

• Dunzor

@squidkill said...

One thing is real———- Philip Dorsett is in Brady’s circle of trust – The move would be Dorsett- Heard it wasn’t bad for Jules- he should be out there

Ya also keep in mind that the Bills have one of the best CB in the league, so I gotta figure out where he lines up most of the time before I can hop on board Dorsett

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

monarch – I guess I kind of misunderstood you then. I do think players are fading guys to be unique though, even in the NFL sometimes. I know there are valid reasons but you better have some other than “he’s chalk”.

And for the record I’m all for variation and spray and pray rather than a core of 50% or so. I still have a “core” but they’re usually only 20-35% I’d say. All kinds of different ways to win. I am coming around to this 2 TE thing and it’s worked before for me as well.

• thedkexperience

@deeebo said...

No one wants to help me regarding the NO DAL game ☹️☹️

I’m always here to help you Deeebo, I was just stuck in a doctors office waiting room waiting for a test I don’t need for insurance points I normally don’t care about. Good times.

For what it’s worth, no one on either team “popped” when I looked but Zeke and Kamara should always be considered. It’s a pretty neutral game. Dak or Teddy could do solidly but meh. Same with most of the wideouts.

For what it’s worth I wouldn’t be shocked to see the ownership a tad lower than normal but that may be countered by people just ramming in away players at New Orleans which has been a thing for years.

Conclusion …

• bfwl3434

This is a James White week if I’ve ever seen one.

• thedkexperience

@deeebo said...

wait so if washington d is that terrible .. can we fire up Daniel Dimes??? for cash

While I like the gumption and a 20 point game is likely you may be in a situation where he is only 2% owned in a 50/50 so you risk being way behind the field if a chalk QB goes for 30+. I do love the balls move though. But it’s ballsy … real ballsy.

• Ace15

@bfwl3434 said...

This is a James White week if I’ve ever seen one.

Agreeedddd! Shhhh though..

• deeebo

@thedkexperience said...

I’m always here to help you Deeebo, I was just stuck in a doctors office waiting room waiting for a test I don’t need for insurance points I normally don’t care about. Good times.

For what it’s worth, no one on either team “popped” when I looked but Zeke and Kamara should always be considered. It’s a pretty neutral game. Dak or Teddy could do solidly but meh. Same with most of the wideouts.

For what it’s worth I wouldn’t be shocked to see the ownership a tad lower than normal but that may be countered by people just ramming in away players at New Orleans which has been a thing for years.

Conclusion …

thank you sir!! i think im going to go with zeke from that game and have my core be zeke/ekler/ingram and wilson at qb …

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).