1:00 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at Buffalo ( 7.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -4 ) at Arizona ( 4 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 10 ) at LA Rams ( -10 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: 38
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 45.5

Monday, 9/30
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 4.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -4.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• NDNole

Mike Williams after a little more review looks like he is building up for a big game. Just don’t know if its this week. I’l be on the sidelines with him but a big game is probably coming pretty soon. My guy for this week is fuller. Im gonna crash or burn with fuller this week. Im not as suuuuuuuuuuuper confident as I was with hooper call last week but I got a feeling fuller is due. He is still getting targets down field, its just a matter of time before he goes 6-130-2. I will throw him in at least one lineup the next few weeks until he goes off.

• NDNole

Caution for you guys if you are thinking about Delainie Walker at TE. I watched the Jags Titans game and I can tell you he was INVISIBLE for almost the whole game. It sure looked like a timeshare with jonnu. He didn’t seem to be doing anything at all on the field. Then the last 2 drives he got a bunch of dump offs in total garbage time to make it look like he was a focal point of the offense if you just look at end game stats. I can 100% say he didn’t appear to be a part of the offense for some reason. Maybe it ws the way the jags were playing him I guess. Just know at least his stats from last week are misleading. There are tons of juicy TE to play this week besides him anyway, but if he is on your radar, beware. At minimum go back and take a look at the play by play log. He get pretty much did nothing til the end.

• SteeloCity

Does anyone else like the Bills D? I feel like they can get some pressure on Brady

• thedkexperience

@SteeloCity said...

Does anyone else like the Bills D? I feel like they can get some pressure on Brady

They probably can, but it’s Brady. Do you think he’s gonna have 2+ turnovers or do something so stupid it leads to a pick 6? I understand that the ball can bounce any possible way but wouldn’t it be wiser to pick on a rookie QB or someone like Joe Flacco?

I mean, say it back you yourself out loud.

Should I play a defense against Tom Brady?

• zpa1989

is there any case for fading sterling shepard in GPP’s? still affordable on FD and in an excellent matchup

• SteeloCity

@thedkexperience said...

They probably can, but it’s Brady. Do you think he’s gonna have 2+ turnovers or do something so stupid it leads to a pick 6? I understand that the ball can bounce any possible way but wouldn’t it be wiser to pick on a rookie QB or someone like Joe Flacco?

I mean, say it back you yourself out loud.

Should I play a defense against Tom Brady?

Before you are so quick to judge me keep in mind the JETS were the top scoring defense last week off of Brady. Two pick sixes. I’d like to think the Bills are just a tad better here and it frees up room for other stuff. Just friendly conversation here brother, no need to be condescending lol

• superjon

@SteeloCity said...

Playing the D of a team that is a 7 point dog is probably not the most EV play.

• squidkill

“”“Yeah but no other QB puts up those numbers as often as Mahomes. For cash he’s a plug and play almost every week.”“

This is not a good cash game process at all- He is NOT a plug and play at a $7500 price tag. NO WAY! Cash games is all price dependent- I will hardy EVER pay-up for a QB in cash games. The money you save balances out the entire lineup- Maybe there might be certain weeks that have so much value then MAYBE you can pay up for the position.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

@SteeloCity said...

Before you are so quick to judge me keep in mind the JETS were the top scoring defense last week off of Brady. Two pick sixes. I’d like to think the Bills are just a tad better here and it frees up room for other stuff. Just friendly conversation here brother, no need to be condescending lol

No sir. They took Brady out for a play and Stidham threw a pick 6. Brady re-entered the next drive.

• thedkexperience

@SteeloCity said...

Not condescending at all. Yes, the Jets did that, hats off. What’s the likelihood that it happens again to the Pats?

I was being totally serious so if I came off differently I’m sorry but regardless of what just happened picking on the greatest QB of all time is not a good idea on a weekly basis.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

The other score I missed it, but it wasn’t a pick 6 from Brady… Looks like a fumble from some guy named Gunner. I think it was a kick return

• AVivier

@SteeloCity said...

I don’t mind BUF DST, but the Jets DST TDs came off of Gunner Olszewski who was in for Edelman and Jarrett Stidham, not Brady.

• squidkill

“”“Before you are so quick to judge me keep in mind the JETS were the top scoring defense last week off of Brady. Two pick sixes. I’d like to think the Bills are just a tad better here and it frees up room for other stuff. Just friendly conversation here brother, no need to be condescending lol”“”“

Yeah we don’t need facts on here Steelo—- One TD was a muffed punt- The other TD was a pick 6 thrown by Jared Stidum-

• AVivier

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

The other score I missed it, but it wasn’t a pick 6 from Brady… Looks like a fumble from some guy named Gunner. I think it was a kick return

Gunner is a local guy who was the last of the 53 to make the team and is the backup punt returner who came in and bobbled a punt after Edelman came out. Super fluky, but DST is often fluky.

• Syzltuth

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Yes, first def score was a muffed kick return by gunnar that went into the end zone which the jets recovered, the second was a bad throw by stidham that was intercepted and run back for the td. 2 mistakes by rookies, jets defense would have had 0 if not for rookie mistakes late in the game/garbage time

• econbrah11

@squidkill said...

“”“Yeah but no other QB puts up those numbers as often as Mahomes. For cash he’s a plug and play almost every week.”“

This is not a good cash game process at all- He is NOT a plug and play at a $7500 price tag. NO WAY! Cash games is all price dependent- I will hardy EVER pay-up for a QB in cash games. The money you save balances out the entire lineup- Maybe there might be certain weeks that have so much value then MAYBE you can pay up for the position.

I disagree. There are more than enough good plays at WR (on FD) below 7k that give you the salary space to plug Mahomes. I’ll take his 25+ almost garanteed points for cash games anytime.

• squidkill

Brady re-entered the game after the Stidham pick 6—-

• thedkexperience

@squidkill said...

I think the most important thing in cash is to get the safest near 30 possible and take 1 major chalk RB most weeks. After that pretty much anything is in play.

It’s not like NBA where just missing on James Harden at 74% ownership is all that matters for cash. In a full slate the only players approaching 40% most week will be the top RB or two or something odd like Agholor at 80% due to injury replacement pricing.

While I haven’t played Mahomes in cash yet I’ve played Lamar, Allen and Dak each of the 3 weeks. Not sure if that qualifies paying up or down but I certainly wasn’t rolling the dice on a back up.

• SteeloCity

Alright alright my mistake then with the Brady thing. I was following the game via ESPN FantasyCast so I guess I wasn’t paying close enough attention.

I think you guys talked me out of the Bills defense. Maybe Jags vs Flacco. Vikings? Rams? Just trying to find a way to save some cash.

• Smallchimp

@BIF said...

So for them, flatter is worse but for everyone else flatter is better

I’m only just going through this thread, I don’t know if the point has already been made, but I’d imagine that for a sport like NFL, DFS tournaments are as big as they are because of the lottery-style payouts that appeal to people who aren’t looking to bankroll manage. Either they hit their lineup or it’s $20 that they accounted for losing, they don’t see it as “I can turn this $20 into $100 into $200…” For them, they’d rather not “waste their luck” on a lower payout tournament because they don’t know if it’d happen again. I get that flat payouts typically are better for everyone, but because NFL is casual-friendly (in pricing, “expected” payouts, etc.), I think the general population would probably rather just have a scratch-off style tournament instead of having a more moderate pay structure. I really think that the reason pricing doesn’t really get too “ugly” is that people won’t play if you can fit CMC and one other stud and then have to go for plays like Agholor that are smart, but look gross if you’re not really looking into it.

Increasing minimum cashes is nice and casual players inadvertently like it because it’s a little more money to roll with, but when contests like the big $1 GPP end up paying out $50k instead of $100k so people can make $2 minimum instead of $1.50, it’s less life-changing. People want to go to the bank with their huge Draft Kings check knowing that they’re nearly set for money. Idk. I know flat payouts are better, but I can see why people like my dad or older friends are more interested in the top prize, not the minimum prize.

• NDNole

@SteeloCity

Try looking at the rams D. Winston just had a pretty good game last week but he is prone to many turnovers. Plus they are big underdog on the road. Rams D has good potential to give you some points.

• AVivier

Brady is 30-3 all time against Buffalo, but does have two 4 INT games at Buffalo (the last being in 2011, so it’s been awhile).

• Ace15

I think I’m just going 150 max enter with Mahomes

• mike42

@SteeloCity said...

Brady hasn’t thrown a TD pass in BUF since 2016. Say that out loud to yourself. I like them this week too. O-line banged up, Buf’s D is elite as far as I’m concerned, NE’s WR’s are banged up and Buf’s D is cheap. At MIA and AT BUF are the 2 places the GOAT has not been the GOAT a large majority of the time. Situational factors matter and while MIA sucks monkey balls this year, this is BUF’s best team (and D) in a long time. I think BUF sacks him, contains NE’s O and gets TO’s which is not an anomaly when he plays in BUF, it’s the norm.

• squidkill

Buffalo wins Fall Ball every year- The champs of September/October – There’s a reason the line is -7

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).