1:00 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at Buffalo ( 7.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -4 ) at Arizona ( 4 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 10 ) at LA Rams ( -10 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: 38
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 45.5

Monday, 9/30
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 4.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -4.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mike42

@deeebo said...

anyone? lol

I don’t think you should move up from Mack to Zeke. At NO’s shouldn’t be an easy place to run and NO’s is a pass funnel D to begin with. Indy should be able to pound it on OAk. I like Ekeler more than most too.

• bcandrws

@mike42 said...

I don’t think you should move up from Mack to Zeke. At NO’s shouldn’t be an easy place to run and NO’s is a pass funnel D to begin with. Indy should be able to pound it on OAk. I like Ekeler more than most too.

I like ekeler more than most as well. This will probably be his last week as feature back, so I think they give him more of a workload.

• bcandrws

@NDNole said...

That screams rams D in that scenario.

I think the rams D is a very good play, especially if Winston has to throw the ball alot. He is tied with matt ryan in the nfl in pick 6s and his offensive line is terrible. He had a good game last week because the giants couldn’t get pressure on him. I think the rams will be able to pressure him all day.

• SteeloCity

@bcandrws said...

I like ekeler more than most as well. This will probably be his last week as feature back, so I think they give him more of a workload.

Gonna play devil’s advocate here, but if you’re playing GPP I can see why fading Ekeler is the right move. To me, I think the Chargers will be up big and then quit giving the ball to Ek. This opens up RB2 JJ. I’ll have a few Ek but nowhere near where everyone else has him. Think there are a few better value plays to save cash elsewhere. I also really like Dalvin Cook this week. His ownership will be low because he’s going against the Bears, but I think he still gets 20-30 points with minimal ownership.

• thedkexperience

@mike42 said...

Why not roster 2 Raiders? I don’t think that has worked since Gruden’s first run with the Raiders in 1996.

BTW- I’m not just saying this, but I hate that GIF. First, I don’t like children almost as much as I don’t puppies and the elderly. More importantly, people come to a forum to ask which player they should play and give you two options, it’s a total copout to say just play both. It’s similar to the advice “It is what it is.” Of course it is what it is, how could it be anything else. Neither of those sayings help anyone solve anything.

For the record, out of my 3,978 posts (actual number), I’ve never said play both. Love me or hate me, I give you my opinion which is the purpose of a forum but it is what it is

Rostering 2 Raiders worked week 1 of you went Jacobs and Williams against Denver. I was lucky enough to back Williams in the full slate and had both in the short slate.

Week 2 they got trounced by the Chiefs and got off script as many teams do. Week 3 they played at Minnesota against a team specifically designed to put together home blowouts. Week 4 they face the Colts. A solid, scrappy well coached team that lacks top end game breakers especially if TY is out. The Colts can win a lot of games but they aren’t knocking anyone off script.

I get it, it’s easy to just say “blah blah Raiders, blah blah they stink and have since Bill Clinton was President, blah blah”. You’re completely correct. Still, I’m coming up very short on scenarios where Indy knocks them off script.

• bcandrws

@thedkexperience said...

Rostering 2 Raiders worked week 1 of you went Jacobs and Williams against Denver. I was lucky enough to back Williams in the full slate and had both in the short slate.

Week 2 they got trounced by the Chiefs and got off script as many teams do. Week 3 they played at Minnesota against a team specifically designed to put together home blowouts. Week 4 they face the Colts. A solid, scrappy well coached team that lacks top end game breakers especially if TY is out. The Colts can win a lot of games but they aren’t knocking anyone off script.

I get it, it’s easy to just say “blah blah Raiders, blah blah they stink and have since Bill Clinton was President, blah blah”. You’re completely correct. Still, I’m coming up very short on scenarios where Indy knocks them off script.

Playing both would mean we expect the raiders to put up plenty of points. Can they do that would be my question.

• thedkexperience

@bcandrws said...

Playing both would mean we expect the raiders to put up plenty of points. Can they do that would be my question.

If they cover and it stays close to the total 24-21 is right on the O/U number. It basically comes down to can OAK get that 3rd TD. I believe they can.

Edit – to be clear I’m playing both in only 1 or 2 LUs. Dissley is my main TE this week.

• bcandrws

@thedkexperience said...

If they cover and it stays close to the total 24-21 is right on the O/U number. It basically comes down to can OAK get that 3rd TD. I believe they can.

Edit – to be clear I’m playing both in only 1 or 2 LUs. Dissley is my main TE this week.

I think especially at Dissley salary he is the best TE in play this week.

• mike42

@SteeloCity said...

Gonna play devil’s advocate here, but if you’re playing GPP I can see why fading Ekeler is the right move. To me, I think the Chargers will be up big and then quit giving the ball to Ek. This opens up RB2 JJ. I’ll have a few Ek but nowhere near where everyone else has him. Think there are a few better value plays to save cash elsewhere. I also really like Dalvin Cook this week. His ownership will be low because he’s going against the Bears, but I think he still gets 20-30 points with minimal ownership.

I don’t think EK will be real chalky. The sentiment seems to be fade him because he will be resting for 1/4 or 1/2 the game. WIth Zeke not smashing last week and Pollard smashing, it feels like recency bias is leading people away from the best matchup on the board out of the high priced guys. IDk what they have him projected at ownership wise but I’ll take the under, every single podcast I’ve listened to has said to play Jackson and I’ve yet to hear one say play Ekeler.

• dimestorez

@mike42 said...

First 2 weeks it was Godwin, third week was Evans, any chance it’s OJ this week? LA great Vs WR’s, especially on the outside. Everyone has LA pulling ahead in this one which should mean Winston chucking it a lot. Who gets those tgts? EIther Godwin or OJ should have a really good game.

I have a strong feeling this is a Jameis 4 pick week. I would think Godwin is more suited for a good game over OJ, though. Just not very interested in this game… Will probably cause my demise this week.

I’m really liking the Falcons/Titans game and love the Ridley take. Moreso than Godwin going up against the Rams.

• Supanice

Godwin missed practice, I already had Rams D, if he doesnt play they will be the easiest play of the week.

• dimestorez

I am definitely wanting a piece of this Pats/Bills game, but am having a hard time deciding between White or Burkhead. Does anyone have insight on if Burkhead’s role will diminish with White back? Is there a better angle to approach with this Pats offense in a tougher matchup, if you were to attack this game?

• mike42

@thedkexperience said...

I like them both and think OAK will keep it close or even win. If Indy’s D doesn’t heal up I can see both doing well but the one I really like is Jacobs. I haven’t even begun to make rosters but the one thing I know for sure is I’m almost completely fading everyone who smashed last week outside of Cooks/Disley and a splash of Giants/Wash. It feels like everyone is playing last week’s themes/players to repeat themselves and that rarely happens 2 weeks in a row and I don’t think it has happened this year.

• thedkexperience

Total side question … I have to go on business to Kentucky next week from Monday to Thursday. If I want to play the Thursday slate and I lock in my entries on Monday will I be able to edit them in a non-DFS state?

This all just an assumption that KY is a non-DFS state.

• econbrah11

@dimestorez said...

I am definitely wanting a piece of this Pats/Bills game, but am having a hard time deciding between White or Burkhead. Does anyone have insight on if Burkhead’s role will diminish with White back? Is there a better angle to approach with this Pats offense in a tougher matchup, if you were to attack this game?

I like Dorsett, especially if Edelman is out or limited

• Ndepompei

@thedkexperience said...

Total side question … I have to go on business to Kentucky next week from Monday to Thursday. If I want to play the Thursday slate and I lock in my entries on Monday will I be able to edit them in a non-DFS state?

I’ve always been able to edit contests I was already entered in when travelling to a state without DFS but haven’t had to do that in about a year

• econbrah11

@mike42 said...

I like them both and think OAK will keep it close or even win. If Indy’s D doesn’t heal up I can see both doing well but the one I really like is Jacobs. I haven’t even begun to make rosters but the one thing I know for sure is I’m almost completely fading everyone who smashed last week outside of Cooks/Disley and a splash of Giants/Wash. It feels like everyone is playing last week’s themes/players to repeat themselves and that rarely happens 2 weeks in a row and I don’t think it has happened this year.

I think Keenan Allen smashes again this week.

• thedkexperience

@econbrah11 said...

I like Dorsett, especially if Edelman is out or limited

I played Dorsett last week to good results. What I found funny was the RG first look podcast being arrogant about “if you didn’t play Edelman you did it wrong” and then noticing that he basically scored the same as Dorsett.

Those wacky podcasts.

• wilks3579

@mike42 said...

I don’t think EK will be real chalky

Ekeler will be over 20% owned

• mike42

@dimestorez said...

I have a strong feeling this is a Jameis 4 pick week. I would think Godwin is more suited for a good game over OJ, though. Just not very interested in this game… Will probably cause my demise this week.

I’m really liking the Falcons/Titans game and love the Ridley take. Moreso than Godwin going up against the Rams.

Something to think about in the Rams game, TB may be able to run on the Rams because most teams can. The Rams showed up Vs NO’s and focused on Kamara but for the most part, Wade Davis doesn’t care about stopping the run. Coming of an SNF win is also a good spot to look for a soft run D. Arians has shown he will run the ball more than we thought and it would make a ton of sense in this spot. If this game stays close, it’s probably because TB had success on the ground. It blows out, then the Rams D is in play.

Falcons/TEN- I’ve had this crazy feeling that TEN bounces back hard from it’s TNF loss, Mariotta plays well and it turns into a good game for DFS. I can remember times when he’s looked like crap and then exploded out of nowhere. I was wrong about this ATL D, they are not good and just lost a stud S. I also think ATL games are going to follow the same path as last year and be good for fantasy. I think they are going to passing a lot and give up more than their fair share of points. I like D. Walker and Ridley the most and I might find the courage to do 1 Mariotta stack and hope he gets some DK points with his legs.

• wilks3579

@thedkexperience said...

I just looked. You can play DFS in Kentucky.

Side note – As long as you enter your lineups into any tournaments before you leave, you would be able to edit them in a non-DFS location. Just can’t enter new contests from a non-DFS location.

• parrothead112

Is Trey Quinn at 3k a super cheap Cole Beasely with some minor upside?

• gaelicgirl

@mike42 said...

BTW- I’m not just saying this, but I hate that GIF. First, I don’t like children almost as much as I don’t puppies and the elderly.

I get not liking children, but puppies?

• mike42

@thedkexperience said...

I played Dorsett last week to good results. What I found funny was the RG first look podcast being arrogant about “if you didn’t play Edelman you did it wrong” and then noticing that he basically scored the same as Dorsett.

Those wacky podcasts.

It was only because Edelman got injured otherwise he would have scored 5-10 more points. Once White was out, I posted how you could draw a direct line to Rex/Edelman being good plays. Banged up O-line Vs an aggressive DC should lead to more short passes and they were really the only 2 options for that.

• AVivier

Will Dislly’s ownership projections are getting pretty insane. 17.3% on RG and 17-20% on ETR. I get that TE’s against Vance Joseph continually smash, but this seems like a bit of an overreaction. Seahawks offense is not going to run through freakin Will Dissly often enough for him to slate break over the other choices at TE.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).