1:00 PM EST : New England ( -7.5 ) at Buffalo ( 7.5 ) —- T: 43.5
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( -4 ) at Arizona ( 4 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 10 ) at LA Rams ( -10 ) —- T: 48.5
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Chicago ( -3 ) —- T: 38
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( 3 ) at Denver ( -3 ) —- T: 37.5
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( -3 ) at New Orleans ( 3 ) —- T: 45.5

Monday, 9/30
    8:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 4.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -4.5 ) —- T: 43.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jcotdl

@Pbasniper said...

100% of Quinn’s targets this year are in 0-9 yards so enjoy that awesome stat line of like 5-34-0.

I think Trey Quinn is Jamison Crowder and Cole Beasley less talented and slower little brother.

• Tabes

Why are people so hell bent on playing bad players on bad teams?

• emnj69

@Tabes said...

because sometimes they provide value with great upside-my favorite guy on the entire slate is chris thompson-his floor is about 8-10 with big upside-odds are they are going to throw a ton in what most think will be a high scoring game and their top wr appears to be gimpy and no jordan reed and v davis and peterson are 150

• Tabes

@emnj69 said...

because sometimes they provide value with great upside-my favorite guy on the entire slate is chris thompson-his floor is about 8-10 with big upside-odds are they are going to throw a ton in what most think will be a high scoring game and their top wr appears to be gimpy and no jordan reed and v davis and peterson are 150

I’d consider Chris Thompson a good player on a bad team. I’m referring more to a trey quinn and others like him.

• thedkexperience

@Tabes said...

It’s because people bastardize otherwise good advice week in and week out.

It’s true that targets are a good sign in football. It’s true that minutes are important in basketball. It’s true that RBs can be found later in the NFL draft. In a vacuum this is good advice.

The problem is when people refuse to think critically about the application of generally good advice to a situation.

Targets are great but if you lack athleticism you probably aren’t going to do much with them.

Minutes are great in basketball but if LBJ sits out you can’t expect some bum to be LBJ just because he is getting 30 minutes in a one off game.

Yes, you can find a good to very good runningback late in the NFL draft but that doesn’t mean you should just ignore that someone like Zeke Elliot is really good at football and highly likely to be better than someone you find later.

This is something that happens in DFS. It also happens in politics, religion, entertainment and life in general. Thinking for yourself is something that many people think they do but simply do not.

• Njsum1

@Tabes said...

Depends on the situation. Players on bad teams versus good teams with solid defenses, usually won’t end well….yet players on bad teams playing against another bad team with a bad defense=fantasy goodness.

Edit…to continue with the basketball analysis..am I going to load up on hawks and Suns players when they’re playing Milwaukee or Last years Toronto team…noooo

But when they play each other….

• jcotdl

@Njsum1 said...

Depends on the situation. Players on bad teams versus good teams with solid defenses, usually won’t end well….yet players on bad teams playing against another bad team with a bad defense=fantasy goodness.

totally agree.

add: i think the Skins and Giants are terrible and I am all over it. Trey Quinn excluded.

• Njsum1

@thedkexperience said...

Don’t sleep on another Lamar game. The guy’s floor is just so high.

That said, I love all 3 of those QBs this week as well.

Don’t forget to drop a dime or 2 as well 😁

• JSteele

@Tabes said...

because its “sneaky” to play a low owned guy who has the potential to go off.

Preston Williams had 12 targets last week and a lot of those were down field. Looking at the box score you wouldn’t know it because most of them show 4 receptions for 68 yards.

Now Josh Rosen is no Gardner Minshew, but if Preston connects on 2 or 3 more receptions, he’s at 100 yards + a TD and mid 20s for points. If I was playing multiple lineups, I’d definitely put Preston in a couple.

• thedkexperience

For what it’s worth, always keep in mind that the worst player in the NBA or NFL would be Wilt Chamberlain in your local rec league.

The Dolphins are a putrid football team but if one opposing team’s safeties go out in South Beach before the game too late any number of otherwise “terrible” football players can hand him their lunch.

The problem is that only can really be exploited by the number one caliber all around WRs or pure speed guys. The entire Giants LB core can go on a coke binge at 4AM on Sunday morning with LT and Trey Quinn still isn’t scoring 20 points unless he falls into the end zone on a 6 yard pass.

• Tabes

mclaurin is far away a better player than quinn and the quality of targets is much better. how can anyone logically say quinn is a pivot off of mclaurin?

• Pbasniper

@thedkexperience said...

Trey Quinn still isn’t scoring 20 points unless he falls into the end zone on a 6 yard pass.

The day Quinn scores 20 points it will be without a TD on some amazing line like 12-89-0 TBH.

• thedkexperience

@Pbasniper said...

The day Quinn scores 20 points it will be without a TD on some amazing line like 12-89-0 TBH.

I play mostly on FD. That’s still 14 points to me lol

• superstars92

Pretty sure the pivot off of McLaurin if he’s injured is Paul Richardson, who gets more of his receptions. Quinn is a slot receiver, so he’ll be playing slot regardless if McLaurin is out or not. Richardson will get more deep routes.

But honestly, you shouldn’t take any of these guys. I’ll rather have like Christian Kirk at 2k higher than Trey Quinn.

• thedkexperience

@superstars92 said...

Pretty sure the pivot off of McLaurin if he’s injured is Paul Richardson, who gets more of his receptions. Quinn is a slot receiver, so he’ll be playing slot regardless if McLaurin is out or not. Richardson will get more deep routes.

But honestly, you shouldn’t take any of these guys. I’ll rather have like Christian Kirk at 2k higher than Trey Quinn.

Just like the “must have Gallman” guys. Why do that when Jacobs is a superior athlete by every measure, has an even more secure workload, in just as good of a matchup and costs just 200 more?

The floor is too high on FD and the ceiling is way too low.

• monarch

Maybe I’m on Jacobs now with no Leonard and Hooker. Why is the INDY D Line so small? Their DT are 265/277 pounds…ends are in the 255/260 range. The Raiders O-Line is huge.

• noddy

Need help from the cash experts please. Mahomes, Ingram, Mack, Dissly, and then fill in the rest. Is that a bad way to build a cash lineup this week?

• JSteele

@noddy said...

Need help from the cash experts please. Mahomes, Ingram, Mack, Dissly, and then fill in the rest. Is that a bad way to build a cash lineup this week?

I’m not sure Ingram is great for cash this week. I like Mack a lot, but the majority will pay up for CMC and differentiate elsewhere. There is always a bunch of cheap receivers in good spots you can use. McLaurin (if healthy), Sterling Shepherd, Hollywood, a lot has been mentioned in this thread.

• econbrah11

@noddy said...

That’s pretty much my core picks as well. I like Keenan Allen and Cooper Kupp as well. Their matchup is so good,

• m203

quick question –

why are people higher on hardman than robinson this week? just curious. more upside for the big play guy im guessing?

• JSteele

@m203 said...

quick question –

why are people higher on hardman than robinson this week? just curious. more upside for the big play guy im guessing?

Pretty much, Mahomes playing on turf for the first time in his NFL career which is generally faster for receivers. He has god like ability to throw down field and Hardman leads the league in separation on downfield throws I believe.

• thedkexperience

@noddy said...

I love all of those guys but if you want to play the cash ownership game start with Mahomes, Dissley and CMC. People hate Ingram for reasons that are inexplicable to me. He was just 6% owned last week.

In a vacuum however, I love that core.

• thedkexperience

@JSteele said...

I’m not sure Ingram is great for cash this week. I like Mack a lot, but the majority will pay up for CMC and differentiate elsewhere. There is always a bunch of cheap receivers in good spots you can use. McLaurin (if healthy), Sterling Shepherd, Hollywood, a lot has been mentioned in this thread.

Haha yup

• mike42

Jacobs is such a better play than Gallman or even J. Jackson. Sets up for a ceiling game for him because u can project receiving work Vs Indy and there are more reasons to believe Gruden than not w Oak O struggling. Think 25-30 plus points wouldn’t be an outlier and he should at least hit value a majority of the time in this setup.

• thedkexperience

@m203 said...

quick question –

It’s just price for me. On FD Hardman is a bit less expensive. Both could smash in any week including this one.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).