1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 55.5
    1:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -5.5 ) at Detroit ( 5.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 12 ) at LA Rams ( -12 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( 7 ) at Kansas City ( -7 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Buffalo ( -2.5 ) at Las Vegas ( 2.5 ) —- T: 49.5
    8:20 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 6 ) at San Francisco ( -6 ) —- T: 43

Monday, October 5th
    8:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Green Bay ( -6 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• zacsby

@marker0357 said...

I’m liking TE for Indy this week. I see Phil with checkdown to TE and/or RB. Indy is a little dinged up at WR. The trouble is figuring out if it is Mo Allie or Doyle. Last week, it was Mo Allie but I wonder if that was just due to Doyle coming back from injury and wanting to preserve him a bit by primarily pass-blocking. In my mind, Doyle is still the #1. I’ve seen this story before in Indy.

Idk, I think Mo makes so much more sense for them. He’s averaging 18 ypr, clearly has the athleticism to threaten defenses up the seam. Which in theory helps Taylor and vice versa. Going back to Doyle just makes that offense even less explosive, it’s bad enough with Hilton looking pretty much done. Of course he’s gonna catch a couple bombs Sunday now that I said that. Lol

• BIF

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Don’t be shocked if this guy fades away each game here on out

Why ? They don’t really have another true RB there and nobody pushing him that is deserving of more opportunities.

Everything I’ve read on Robinson is great stuff; if this was Week 10 or 11 then maybe I’d agree as we could say that the season is now longer than he played in NCAA and his body has taken a toll but with it being Week 4 and no preseason that part should be fine. Also his workload has not been heavy (just 17 touches/targets last week) plus he is active in passing game and that was on Thursday so he should be really fresh this week. Game scripts are the only thing working against him as Thompson will get a bigger role when they are down 10+ points.

• emnj69

joe leads cincy to his first win this week-him and boyd will be gold this week
    I am not a mixon guy but this is his week if he is going to have one

• CheeseCutter

Darrell Henderson (Rams) is 5800 as a 12-point favorite at home against the Giants. Not sure if he’s number one guy because of injuries, so watch the reports this week. Should be low-owned.

• TopDawgs07

@BIF said...

With 8 games projected to be high scoring you can just selectively pick 1-2 guys from 4 or 5 games and not really rely on correlations. High total games are often not close so better to pick “the guy” or the “QB-WR stack” and not worry about running it back

I have noticed that the first 3 weeks of milly maker winners all had a QB Double Stack with a bring it back from the other side. For whatever that’s worth, it appears to be a trend in those high scoring games. Like in Week 3, it was Russ/DK/Lockett/Gallup.

• jleit13

@zacsby said...

Think most of my cash game builds are going to start with Russ, Allen or Kyler. I’d say these 3 have the best combination of passing game volume/concentration + rushing upside so far this year. Probably locking in Kamara and Cook and figuring the rest out from there. I’m seeing quite a few budget WRs and TEs who I think have solid floors this week.

I would just find the extra few hundred to get to Zeke over cook. Zeke has the safest volume, on the better offense, in a better game environment. Zeke is vastly underpriced for his volume.

• Wander_Bread

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports the Titans had three players and five personnel test positive for COVID-19.

It’s the first true breakout the league has faced, forcing the Titans and Vikings (Tennessee’s Week 3 opponent) to suspend all in-person activities and continue working closely with the NFL, the NFLPA and infectious disease experts to ensure all protocols are met. There’s also an above-average chance Sunday’s Steelers-Titans game is postponed since Tennessee will be out of their own facilities until Saturday. One would imagine the league prepared for this scenario given the current times, but it’s a situation to monitor nonetheless ahead of Week 4.

• parrothead112

@Bnett2210 said...

Where is everyone looking in cash at QB and RB? Kyler has been the go to option in cash for couple weeks it seems.

Fitz?

• infantryboys

@parrothead112 said...

Fitz?

It’s an interesting debate between Fitz and the usual suspects, Russ, Allen, Kyler, Dak in cash.

Fitz only needs 27 pts against the leagues worst pass defense (that will be without Adams) to pay off 5X. Kyler needs 35pts, the others need more.

Using Fitz isn’t without peril, he can go off the rails against anyone, and the #1 rule when playing a cash QB is “don’t screw it up”, but I think it is worth discussing.

• beare

wonder if titan and viking games will be postponed

• JCappy

@beare said...

wonder if titan and viking games will be postponed

Titans almost certainly. They are shutting down facilities until Saturday.

I’m sure the Vikings are testing everyone as we speak. If they have any positive tests — they won’t play this week either.

• JCappy

With no fans — the ability to push games back in the week becomes increasingly more applicable. There could be a possibility they push the game back to Monday or Tuesday — that would seemingly be simpler than trying to shuffle bye weeks around.

• JCappy

I personally believe they should just cancel the game. There will probably be another schedule disruption at some point this season and juggling the bye weeks and potential short weeks could become a handful

• parrothead112

Man, waiting on those games will affect everything.

• thenefariousone

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/fantasy-usage-model/fantasy-usage-model-week-4
    Air yards at bottom

• infantryboys

@JCappy said...

Titans almost certainly. They are shutting down facilities until Saturday.

I’m sure the Vikings are testing everyone as we speak. If they have any positive tests — they won’t play this week either.

With the Titans team facility closed until Saturday, I can’t imagine any way they play on Sunday. That is if the NFL cares about competitive balance.

• HoodsFromTheWood

Looks like the Rams have a new dare I say bellcow RB for at least this week. Akers separated rib cartilage sounds ominous and Brown did little with his 9 opportunities(1.9DK). In one of the few below 50 pt games week 4, Henderson(20 carries 3 tgts and 6 redzone carries) might be overlooked. In a week 3 game the Rams were behind early and often, Goff only threw 32 times(his season high and less than 16 other QBs week 3). Henderson looks gamescript proof on a team that likes to run

• HoodsFromTheWood

@hoods_from_the_wood said...

Looks like the Rams have a new dare I say bellcow RB for at least this week. Akers separated rib cartilage sounds ominous and Brown did little with his 9 opportunities(1.9DK). In one of the few below 50 pt games week 4, Henderson(20 carries 3 tgts and 6 redzone carries) might be overlooked. In a week 3 game the Rams were behind early and often, Goff only threw 32 times(his season high and less than 16 other QBs week 3). Henderson looks gamescript proof on a team that likes to run

Vs the Giants

• AdamBski

Need a cheap TE on DK… Tyler Eifert at 3500. Revenge game narrative??

• JCappy

@AdamBski said...

I’m gonna play Logan Thomas until it happens. 8 targets a game at 3500 is going to pay off at some point.

• infantryboys

@AdamBski said...

To support a revenge game scenario, a player usually has to leave a team on bad terms and be the type to hold a grudge. Like Steve Smith Sr vs Carolina or Boogie Cousins vs the Kings in NBA. I don’t think either of these applies to Eifert.

• HoodsFromTheWood

If you switch Hou 8/Ten 7 bye weeks(or Pit 8/Min 7 switch) you can resched both games for weeks 7+8.

• JCappy

If you switch Hou 8/Ten 7 bye weeks(or Pit 8/Min 7 switch) you can resched both games for weeks 7+8.

If I’m Pittsburgh — I’m not conceding to that unless NFL makes me. No reason for them to take a week 4 bye just because Tennessee screwed up.

• HoodsFromTheWood

@JCappy said...

If I’m Pittsburgh — I’m not conceding to that unless NFL makes me. No reason for them to take a week 4 bye just because Tennessee screwed up.

Not up to Pit, up to the NFL. Which probably doesn’t want Ten/Min to play without a week of practice

• HoodsFromTheWood

Not up to Pit, up to the NFL. Which probably doesn’t want Ten/Min to play without a week of practice

Or possibly expose Pit/Hou players to a player on Ten/Min that has a slowly incubated covid+ infection.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).