1:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) —- T: 55.5
    1:00 PM EST : New Orleans ( -5.5 ) at Detroit ( 5.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( 12 ) at LA Rams ( -12 ) —- T: 48
    4:25 PM EST : New England ( 7 ) at Kansas City ( -7 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Buffalo ( -2.5 ) at Las Vegas ( 2.5 ) —- T: 49.5
    8:20 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 6 ) at San Francisco ( -6 ) —- T: 43

Monday, October 5th
    8:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Green Bay ( -6 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• AdamBski

@infantryboys said...

To support a revenge game scenario, a player usually has to leave a team on bad terms and be the type to hold a grudge. Like Steve Smith Sr vs Carolina or Boogie Cousins vs the Kings in NBA. I don’t think either of these applies to Eifert.

I know there isn’t any bad blood but I’m sure you always wanna stunt on your old team…

• BIF

@TopDawgs07 said...

I have noticed that the first 3 weeks of milly maker winners all had a QB Double Stack with a bring it back from the other side. For whatever that’s worth, it appears to be a trend in those high scoring games. Like in Week 3, it was Russ/DK/Lockett/Gallup.

True but those high scoring games were close; what if it’s 42-20 ? Or like last night where you didn’t need anyone from Balty

If you can pick the close games then stack away but I think you don’t need to this week besides a QB-WR stack better fill-ins can be had elsewhere.

That’s not to say a double stack and run back can’t work or win a GPP but it likely won’t be optimal unless a few of the big scoring games are also close games.

• PapaDBets

As an Eagles fan maybe the NFL will have mercy on us and just end this season already. Every week this team is unwatchable. I’d rather not watch 13 more games of this train wreck anyway.

• Wander_Bread

@PapaDBets said...

As an Eagles fan maybe the NFL will have mercy on us and just end this season already. Every week this team is unwatchable. I’d rather not watch 13 more games of this train wreck anyway.

I’d be okay with the Giants to have a nice big COVID outbreak so that I don’t ahve to watch that offensive product on the field any longer

• Njsum1

@PapaDBets said...

I said two years ago the eagles should have kept Foles over Wentz. Ignorant Eagles fans (not saying you’re one of them) looked At me like I had two heads

• Dfspacman

Is the season likely to be suspended at some point due to covid? I guess things might get worse week to week

• PapaDBets

To be fair, two year ago Wentz looked like a rising star in the NFL. It was not long ago he had everyone hyping him up during the MVP caliber season. I feel like the front office and coaching having really let him down

• Njsum1

@PapaDBets said...

To be fair, two year ago Wentz looked like a rising star in the NFL. It was not long ago he had everyone hyping him up during the MVP caliber season. I feel like the front office and coaching having really let him down

That’s not what gets reported out of philly. What is being said is that he doesn’t handle coaching well. Changes the plays a lot.

Not not mention all the mistakes once The play actually begins.

I was referring to a year and half ago in my original post, after foles led them on their second playoff run. You know the one after he delivered Philly their first Super Bowl win ever.

Foles just worked for the organization. Had respect of the team. Think of the haul philly coulda got for Wentz if they stuck with Foles.

Now they’ll have to pay a team to take that contract, when they ultimately decide to go with Jalen

• TJRhodes

@Dfspacman said...

Is the season likely to be suspended at some point due to covid? I guess things might get worse week to week

SF might have their season suspended just due to injuries.

• JSteele

@Dfspacman said...

This happened in Baseball and they managed to carry on and make it to the playoffs so I doubt it.

• infantryboys

Per Rotoworld:

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports that “as of now” the Titans’ Week 4 game against the Steelers remains on for 1PM ET on Sunday.
    The Titans aren’t even allowed back in their building until Saturday, but Pelissero’s colleague Mike Garafolo reports that is not viewed as an impediment to playing. “Titans coaches have told players if they have to go without any work until Saturday, have a walkthrough then and play the Steelers Sunday, then that’s what they’ll have to do,” Garafolo reported. “No excuses.” Provided there are no new cases, this actually is the best approach for the Titans and the NFL. Re-scheduling games would be remarkably complex, though a scenario does exist where it would not be overly difficult for Tennessee/Pittsburgh. The league simply does not want to have to already go down that road. Sit tight. The next few days of testing will tell the story.

• Rickytango13

@JSteele said...

This happened in Baseball and they managed to carry on and make it to the playoffs so I doubt it.

Baseball can play double headers and 6 games in a week

• infantryboys

Maybe the NFL should consider moving the off week before the Super Bowl to the week before the playoffs, to use as a make up day for canceled games.

• dominicanpapi

@Dfspacman said...

I think the players are taking it super seriously. No games, no $.

• Gtzerphy

@PapaDBets said...

Same, it’s really been tough to watch. A lot of poor decision making by the QB and the lack of depth at the skill positions was not addressed once again. Secondary is atrocious as it has been for years including the SB year. The injuries certainly haven’t helped but it has exposed their lack of depth.

• zeeshan2

@PapaDBets said...

same with the texans; BOB is the worst negotiator I have ever seen

• PapaDBets

@Njsum1 said...

That’s not what gets reported out of philly. What is being said is that he doesn’t handle coaching well. Changes the plays a lot.

Not not mention all the mistakes once The play actually begins.

I was referring to a year and half ago in my original post, after foles led them on their second playoff run. You know the one after he delivered Philly their first Super Bowl win ever.

Foles just worked for the organization. Had respect of the team. Think of the haul philly coulda got for Wentz if they stuck with Foles.

Now they’ll have to pay a team to take that contract, when they ultimately decide to go with Jalen

Can’t really argue with any of this although I really would love to be a fly on the wall to figure out what exactly is the problem inside the organization. Seems like once Frank Reich and DeFillipo left he just started declining. It’s pretty remarkable how he’s just fallen off a cliff this season. He doesn’t even look like a serviceable backup right now.

• PapaDBets

@Gtzerphy said...

Same, it’s really been tough to watch. A lot of poor decision making by the QB and the lack of depth at the skill positions was not addressed once again. Secondary is atrocious as it has been for years including the SB year. The injuries certainly haven’t helped but it has exposed their lack of depth.

They really need to get Howie out of there. They’re going nowhere until they start drafting and developing talent internally. Starts with the front office imo.

• BIF

@zeeshan2 said...

same with the texans; BOB is the worst negotiator I have ever seen

Truth – what that franchise could have been without BOB’s head scratching mistakes and a healthy JJ Watt. They would be right there in the KC-Balty is us soon for the new power in the AFC and NFL

• BIF

@PapaDBets said...

Can’t really argue with any of this although I really would love to be a fly on the wall to figure out what exactly is the problem inside the organization. Seems like once Frank Reich and DeFillipo left he just started declining. It’s pretty remarkable how he’s just fallen off a cliff this season. He doesn’t even look like a serviceable backup right now.

To be fair, since a few defended Lamar for being young and not really having any receivers – Wentz has had a patch crew of WRs and for that matter RBs as well – they always seem to have 2 injured WRs or more at a time (I remember a week last season when Ward was WR1 and JJAW was WR2….please !) and all the RBs that have gone through there in just the past 3 years and 3 weeks (Sanders, Howard, Blount, Ajayi, Clement, Scott, Sproles, Smallwood, Barner, Josh Adams). Every week has to feel like a new playbook with different guys out there running the plays.

I’m not sure he’ll ever look like he did in 2017-2018 but the organization and injuries (his and his teammates) haven’t done him any favors.

• TomBradyBlueMamba

@BIF said...

Why ? They don’t really have another true RB there and nobody pushing him that is deserving of more opportunities.

Everything I’ve read on Robinson is great stuff; if this was Week 10 or 11 then maybe I’d agree as we could say that the season is now longer than he played in NCAA and his body has taken a toll but with it being Week 4 and no preseason that part should be fine. Also his workload has not been heavy (just 17 touches/targets last week) plus he is active in passing game and that was on Thursday so he should be really fresh this week. Game scripts are the only thing working against him as Thompson will get a bigger role when they are down 10+ points.

Jaguars as a team faded pretty bad second half of the season last year. If they do like him a lot, they may look to lower his touches as their losses rack up. I think he’s been losing timeshare each week and Thursday night against Miami Dolphins presented him a good chance to pop off. I think for sure he can have some more good games but there should also be some teams that can put him in his place along with a possible dwindling in touches as the year goes on

• Csquared1987

Damn COVID is hurting my research for this slate

• Njsum1

@BIF said...

To be fair, since a few defended Lamar for being young and not really having any receivers – Wentz has had a patch crew of WRs and for that matter RBs as well – they always seem to have 2 injured WRs or more at a time and all the RBs that have gone through there in just the past 3 years and 3 weeks (Sanders, Howard, Blount, Ajayi, Clement, Scott, Sproles, Smallwood, Barner, Josh Adams). Every week has to feel like a new playbook with different guys out there running the plays

Big difference BIF. Lamar only looks bad in the playoffs and against the Chiefs.

He flat out dominates every other team during the regular season and his team had dominant winning records. 14-2 last year, 6-1 with him as the starter the year before. Ravens likely get 11-13 wins again this year.

Wentz looks like garbage against everyone, and barely got his team into the playoffs last year in the worst division in football. This year, we’ll see, yet the eagles will be lucky to be 7-9.

• BIF

@Njsum1 said...

Big difference BIF. Lamar only looks bad in the playoffs and against the Chiefs.

He flat out dominates every other team during the regular season and his team had dominant winning records. 14-2 last year, likely 12 wins again this year.

Wentz looks like garbage against everyone, and barely got his team into the playoffs last year in the worst division in football. This year, we’ll see, yet the eagles will be lucky to be 7-9.

Agreed but the system and organization LJ plays in is a good stable one where Wentz plays in a Top 5 gong show circus organization plus has dealt with personal injuries and those to key players as well.

I’m not a huge fan of either but one has had an easier path to success so far.

• BIF

@TomBradyBlueMamba said...

Jaguars as a team faded pretty bad second half of the season last year. If they do like him a lot, they may look to lower his touches as their losses rack up. I think he’s been losing timeshare each week and Thursday night against Miami Dolphins presented him a good chance to pop off. I think for sure he can have some more good games but there should also be some teams that can put him in his place along with a possible dwindling in touches as the year goes on

His usage is reflective of their results

Week 1 Win by 7
    Week 2 Lose by 3
    Week 3 get blown out

He still smashed in Week 3 despite a bad game script where they were down multiple scores the whole game but I’ll make note of it as something to keep my 👁 on later in the season.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).