1:00 PM EST : NY Giants ( 5.5 ) at Buffalo ( -5.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:05 PM EST : Cleveland ( 7.5 ) at San Diego ( -7.5 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : St. Louis ( 6.5 ) at Arizona ( -6.5 ) —- T: 42.5
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 6.5 ) at Denver ( -6.5 ) —- T: 43
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( —- ) at San Francisco ( —- ) —- T: —-
    8:30 PM EST : Dallas ( —- ) at New Orleans ( —- ) —- T: —-

Monday, October 5th
    8:30 PM EST : Detroit ( 10 ) at Seattle ( -10 ) —- T: 42.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Jzav113

Just don’t have that good feeling about my lineups this week. Although I stayed true to my strategy win or lose you have to have some consistency

• clarnzz

This week looks like big trouble. It screams don’t play! Of course that’s not an option. Back to the well with Russell Wilson about the only thing I feeling very good about. Smh.

• clarnzz

@zpa1989 said...

anyone liking karlos williams on FD? low price and has scored a TD in each game so far. seems to be stealing more carries from shady. the winning recipe on FD seems to be paying down for RB then pay up for WR, anyone think this trend continues?

He’s prolly to end up being a “must play” this week.

• rgyanks

@clarnzz said...

This week looks like big trouble. It screams don’t play!

It really does, last 2 weeks I’ve had a good feeling about some players at the start of the week. Was able to establish a core pretty quickly. This week I have no idea. A smart person would stay away, but that doesn’t sound like me

• Hoss_Man

Would this week’s Cincy/KC matchup meet the Dalton vs Opponents not seen in two or more years category? … where he lights them up. This was a week one topic and he went on to light up Oakland.

• bookersnookers

@sfitz3 said...

Derek Carr at $7k seems like the QB play on FD against the Bears

I like him too especially with the fire sale of players. Morale is probably pretty low

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

Keep an eye on Chicago and Cincy weather. Carr and Dalton same salary – can pivot from one to the mother seamlessly. Right now Chicagonlooms like it will be the worse situation.

• bookersnookers

@DWillSC said...

First time poster, long time fantasy player. Just thought I’d share some thoughts on some of the popular plays i have read about.

Karlos Williams – Giants run-d isnt as great as you have seen. I see the giants D being on the field a lot in this game and getting tired. NY will produce but rex ryan will dial up some nasty blitzes and cut a lot of drives short. I see Karlos putting up 100+ yfs and at least 1 score. I’m fading him because he will be a VERY popular play this week. Every website is talking about him.

Buccs receivers – for those that think Josh Norman is over rated or too short: Look at his game logs when matched up with Julio Jones. Nuff said. Fade all buccs this week IMHO. Too risky and a low ceiling.

Carr & Cooper – coming off a huge road win, going to another road game, with the broncos after that? High ceiling but very low floor.

Colts & Jaguars game – no one mentioned TJ Yeldon this week. You probably feel like the colts are going to crap all over the Jags. I do too, but history has shown that Luck doesnt take that dump until the 2nd half. Usually in the 4th quarter. Risky play but no one will roster him. Jags could be up early in this before Colts wake up. Never know.

I am a giants fan and I would disagree. Jon Beason came in last week and helped stuffed the skins who were running the ball great. The giants haven’t even played a full game defensively with all their top players and this week they will.

• rainbowtroutman

@Dmurphy104 said...

Keep an eye on Chicago and Cincy weather. Carr and Dalton same salary – can pivot from one to the mother seamlessly. Right now Chicagonlooms like it will be the worse situation.

On FD —Carr is 600 cheaper

• clarnzz

@rgyanks said...

It really does, last 2 weeks I’ve had a good feeling about some players at the start of the week. Was able to establish a core pretty quickly. This week I have no idea. A smart person would stay away, but that doesn’t sound like me

Yep, screw this noise though. I’m throttling back big time even after a good week. What can ya do? Karlos Williams going to end up fade ownership level even on fd, but I don’t think ya can. Freeman solid play again, but after last week, everyone gonna have him, making ya ugh a bit. Dunno, haven’t done a gpp only week yet, but this might be it.

• Gaudexmachina

Just how good is the Cleveland secondary? Specifically against the slot receiver. Could I flex Stevie Johnson in cash?

• zpa1989

@clarnzz said...

Yep, screw this noise though. I’m throttling back big time even after a good week. What can ya do? Karlos Williams going to end up fade ownership level even on fd, but I don’t think ya can. Freeman solid play again, but after last week, everyone gonna have him, making ya ugh a bit. Dunno, haven’t done a gpp only week yet, but this might be it.

Doesn’t houston have a decent run D? the dvp matchup isan’t that good when i checked the first look. plus coleman may be back and steal some touches, especially around the goal line, hes a bigger back. Unless you think the falcons get up by alot and just pound it, which the spread indicates to a degree, im not sure if hes that great of play, especially with ownership being high after last weeks breakout

• Capone1233

@rgyanks said...

Agree with this. The lineups just aren’t coming together this week like previous weeks. I’ll be cutting my lineups in half this week unless i get some kind of epiphany from the DFS gods.

• zpa1989

anyone like chris johnson this week against the niners at home who have the third worst run D according to notorious first look? even tho ellington will be back in the mix? seems like hes in a good spot again.

also, anyone liking jon stewart to turn it around ? has the 4th best dvp matchup, could be a decent low owned gpp play

• bookersnookers

Anyone concerned about Forte being shipped out of Chicago and not playing or limited. Am I over thinking?

• Gaudexmachina

On FD… Dalton/Green or Rodgers/Cobb based upon salary.

Seems like Cobb/Rodgers have the edge, even without recency bias, just because of how bad the 49ers are as a whole. On, the flip side, The chiefs just helped build that bias and have the worst secondary by the numbers. I feel they are considerably better than the 49ers and with Charles and what might be some sort of a passing game, should be able to keep the Bengals off the field much better than the 49ers will their counterpart.

So, do the extra snaps for the Pack (and what I feel is a talent edge) exceed the salary difference from the Bengals? Will Rodgers get some bench time and negate those extra snaps?

• Gaudexmachina

@zpa1989 said...

anyone like chris johnson this week against the niners at home who have the third worst run D according to notorious first look? even tho ellington will be back in the mix? seems like hes in a good spot again.

I am willing to bet that CJ2K scores 0 Points against the 49ers in week 4.

He is playing the rams at home. Wait til friday/saturday to determine how much Ellington is likely to be playing. 7 Point favorites at home, against a struggling offense, and what has been an under-performing defense. Likely this will be a somewhat similar situation to last week. I think CJ loses a few touches because he wont be running the clock out starting at the end of the first quarter, but on DK his value is still quite good for his low salary. Not sure on FD or others.

• zpa1989

@Gaudexmachina said...

I am willing to bet that CJ2K scores 0 Points against the 49ers in week 4.

He is playing the rams at home. Wait til friday/saturday to determine how much Ellington is likely to be playing. 7 Point favorites at home, against a struggling offense, and what has been an under-performing defense. Likely this will be a somewhat similar situation to last week. I think CJ loses a few touches because he wont be running the clock out starting at the end of the first quarter, but on DK his value is still quite good for his low salary. Not sure on FD or others.

right my bad he is playing the rams. the dvp matchup looks good and his price on FD is still reasonable. check the chris johnson update on rotoworld, they mentioned that he will still get 15-20 carries and that they will ease ellington back in.

• Gaudexmachina

The rams have speed on defense, which is more than I can reasonably say for the 49ers, but they have still been giving up enough yardage to justify a low price CJ2K unless Ellington is suddenly declared the starter.

• Croc22

@MastenPark said...

This is all that players like Maxdalury does every week in the Millionaire Maker which basically gives him a license to print money it seems. I’ll give you a example.

The link below is the complete standings for the DK Millionaire Maker that just ended yesterday. Once you download and open the spreadsheet just go to the column that shows the players name and highlight that whole row and do a “CTRL,F” and in the search box type in “Maxdalury” and keep pressing the ENTER key to see every one of his 500 lineups he used for that week. You will see he had core players at QB, Running Back and Receivers and just mixed in other value players that can bust big.

This week his best lineup I believe was 110th place if I can recall correctly but you will notice that he cashes at most positions. He took $10,000 (500 lineups@20.00) and made at least $50,000 min

The reason he is able to do this is because he has the bankroll to enter in $10,000 worth of lineups without blinking a eye. Pays to be Maxdalury.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/exportfullstandingscsv/9881919

Very interesting to see everyone’s lineups in a spreadsheet. Where did you find this at on DK?

• yeahthisiscuddy

@Croc22 said...

Very interesting to see everyone’s lineups in a spreadsheet. Where did you find this at on DK?

“Export results” from the contest page.

• Croc22

Karlos Williams, Tyrod, and Harvin? Ownership of Williams will be high but he should cover value, is all three too much for GPP??

• MrSnuffleupagus

Karlos williams could be the Devante Adams of week one.

• tianyihe

@MrSnuffleupagus said...

Karlos williams could be the Devante Adams of week one.

And he could also be the Davonta Freeman of Week Three…

• rsd79

I am worried about Leveon Bell against the Ravens because he did not do good against them last year, even if he says he, himself is better than last year.

How much does Suggs being out matter?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler