1:00 PM EST : Washington ( 3.5 ) at Baltimore ( -3.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 4.5 ) at Denver ( -4.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Buffalo ( 2.5 ) at Los Angeles ( -2.5 ) —- T: 40
    4:25 PM EST : San Diego ( 4.5 ) at Oakland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cincinnati ( (Pick) ) at Dallas ( (Pick) ) —- T: 45
    8:30 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7 ) at Green Bay ( -7 ) —- T: —

Monday, October 10th
    8:30 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 6 ) at Carolina ( -6 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• kahlilgedin

Why you should start Julio Jones

This may seem like a dumb move at first but when you look at the matchups and how this game will be played Julio Jones becomes a viable option in GPPS especially with his low expected ownership. Jones has the best WR/CB advantage on PFF and due to his talent will dominate the Broncos with or without Freeman. Also not to mention Talib’s absence makes Julio’s life a lot easier.

Kubiak looking to speed up his offense with vertical throws and improved play from the Denver WRs (with Lynch as their starter, this may change), we can expect Ryan throwing a lot upfield to Julio. This will give him enough volume to hit value.

On an another note what are yall thoughts on playing Clive Walford. He has a prime matchup this week against the Chargers D that has a 21 DVOA rating against opposing TEs. Walford’s fantasy production has been hurt due to a knee injury, but he looks to be involved in a lot of snaps for the Raiders this week. Also the guy could be a beast if he gets a few opportunities in the redzone being 6’4 and all.

• CJtheGrump

@Butternutter said...

You don’t all three players in one LU for cash.

Any particular reasons? Tye is so cheap that it’s really hard to say no either way.

• FFguru71

@Dadeano860 said...

So he’s going to be under 5 percent owned but not “sneaky.” In today’s world you can find out anything about anyone in the NFL and dfs by searching Google and twitter. No one goes unheard of. Any 5 percent owned player is sneaky in my book.

This is EXACTLY the problem…there are VERY few advantages anymore. The poster above even admitted what i have long suspected…a vast majority of people that play NFL DFS have no idea who some of the players are that they are taking, but they only know about them because EVERYONE is talking about them. That’s a problem. I always get furious when I see ownership ‘s…I have guys in my LU’s early before looking at a thing, and next thing I know by the end of the week they are 15-20 owned or more, and it’s not because people know a damn thing about them(Cam Meredith for example), but because they read or hear about him being a good play for the week. A perfect example of this is DeAndre Washington would not have even been a blip on anyone’s radar screen early in the week…then once Latavius was ruled out…EVERYONE started talking about him..now a vast majority of NFL DFS players when making their LU’s will look for him and go “what was that guys name…Oh yeah, washington from Oakland”…click and he’s in their LU Nevermind they had probably no clue who he was before this week, they sure as hell don’t know where he went to college or anything..all this info out there now really is starting to make DFS a lot less enjoyable.

• Butternutter

@CJtheGrump said...

Any particular reasons? Tye is so cheap that it’s really hard to say no either way.

Because in case they flop all 3 guys are hurting you. But hey you’re free to pick and chose.

• krighton

I have way too much howard this week…..he’s good but not 75% lineup good (for me at least)

• KardiacChris

RG Overall Ranking

I’m thinking more and more De Washington is becoming more of a fade with Richard expected to get 9 to 10 carries and Olawale getting some goal line carries not to mention Deandre will be the 3rd highest owned back behind Howard and Mckinnon.

• AVivier

Lynch named starter in Denver. CJ and Thomas interesting plays.

• CJtheGrump

@Butternutter said...

Because in case they flop all 3 guys are hurting you. But hey you’re free to pick and chose.

That makes sense. I might be over-thinking the hammer notion. Aside from being on the road, the other thing that bugs me about Beckham considering his price is that he’s one of three capable receivers and doesn’t get the same target volume as someone like Jarvis Landry.

Maybe he’s not a good cash game play on his own because of that.

• m203

@kahlilgedin said...

This may seem like a dumb move at first but when you look at the matchups and how this game will be played Julio Jones becomes a viable option in GPPS especially with his low expected ownership. Jones has the best WR/CB advantage on PFF and due to his talent will dominate the Broncos with or without Freeman. Also not to mention Talib’s absence makes Julio’s life a lot easier.

Kubiak looking to speed up his offense with vertical throws and improved play from the Denver WRs (with Lynch as their starter, this may change), we can expect Ryan throwing a lot upfield to Julio. This will give him enough volume to hit value.

On an another note what are yall thoughts on playing Clive Walford. He has a prime matchup this week against the Chargers D that has a 21 DVOA rating against opposing TEs. Walford’s fantasy production has been hurt due to a knee injury, but he looks to be involved in a lot of snaps for the Raiders this week. Also the guy could be a beast if he gets a few opportunities in the redzone being 6’4 and all.

who said talib won’t play?

• BIF

@Dadeano860 said...

Its sneaky and he will be super low owned. Not everyone is so savvy to know the #4 WR on the crappy Bears. Heck, I’m a NCAA and NFL fanatic and didn’t know his first name until yesterday. He went to Illinois State and was a QB 2 years there. Said his 40 time was 4.42 so he may be able to get deep.

I think Charles Johnson for the Vikings might be a better dart throw receiver though for Minny. Bradford targeted him deep a couple times vs NYG on Monday and he’ll get more targets with Diggs out.

If that is true then you have a different definition of NFL fanatic than me as I knew his name in August when I watched every preseason game and again last week when he came on for an injured Kevin White and saw a handful of targets. Regardless, I don’t want to argue who knows more about the NFL, I’m just not sure I’d advise chasing points with someone that deep on the roster of a bottom third team playing on the road with a backup QB. I also would not assume that he is going to be an every down player as the Bears will surely let Bellamy get some of those WR2 snaps if Royal is out. Bellamy had more snaps and catches than Meredith in the 1st 3 preseason games and I was surprised to see Meredith even made the Bears as they were very high on their draft pick Braverman from West Mich (who is now on practice squad) combined with how much Meredith played in the Bears pre season finale (which is usually a bad sign you are being cut or going to practice squad).

On the positive side there are not many too other 3K receivers that will see as many snaps as Meredith if he starts (assuming Royal is out) but for the same or not much not much more salary, you can get any of the Vikes WR’s Thielen, Patterson or C Johnson (as you mention) or Robby Anderson from the Jets (with Decker out and a game script that will require the Jets to pass) or you can get some 50+ snap FLEX guys like Ertz, Rudolph, Tye (with Donnell out) or Brate on Monday as Flex TE pivots or else a Flex RB pivot like D Washington from Oakland who should see close to 40 snaps and 15+ touches.

Last week’s heavily touted guys almost all failed miserably and put up single digit points so don’t overthink it people.

• AVivier

@kahlilgedin said...

Talib’s absence?

• BIF

@FFguru71 said...

This is EXACTLY the problem…there are VERY few advantages anymore. The poster above even admitted what i have long suspected…a vast majority of people that play NFL DFS have no idea who some of the players are that they are taking, but they only know about them because EVERYONE is talking about them. That’s a problem. I always get furious when I see ownership ‘s…I have guys in my LU’s early before looking at a thing, and next thing I know by the end of the week they are 15-20 owned or more, and it’s not because people know a damn thing about them(Cam Meredith for example), but because they read or hear about him being a good play for the week. A perfect example of this is DeAndre Washington would not have even been a blip on anyone’s radar screen early in the week…then once Latavius was ruled out…EVERYONE started talking about him..now a vast majority of NFL DFS players when making their LU’s will look for him and go “what was that guys name…Oh yeah, washington from Oakland”…click and he’s in their LU Nevermind they had probably no clue who he was before this week, they sure as hell don’t know where he went to college or anything..all this info out there now really is starting to make DFS a lot less enjoyable.

I hear ya and agree but also laugh as 90% of the “great social media plays” and highly touted guys end up with 8-12 fantasy points and do more damage to lineups than help – especially when it’s a receiver. Jordan Howard has been one of the few touted plays to pay off but in my mind he was almost a must play at 4K or less because his situation was extra favourable as once Langford got hurt and Carey was also out and Cutler got hurt – he was the perfect 50+ snap 20 touch safety valve play for Hoyer/Bears. With the Raiders D. Washington this week, you have a couple other guys who will vulture touches (and possible goal line snaps) away from him like Richard and Olawale. At 3400 he’s worth a shot but I wouldn’t load up as a sure thing.

• Dadeano860

Yeah BIF. People like you that analyze preseason games are more than fanatics. Glad it paid off for you when you won the GPP a few weeks back. My level of fanaticism is up there, I drafted Washington in my season long league. Yes, Meredith was a #4 wr on a crappy Bears team with a backup QB. That’s as sneaky as one will get in 2016. I judge sneaky the only objective way possible, ownership percentage. Podcasts and Internet touts just hype injury replacements, Henry and Howard come to mind as successful picks. Largely, it’s others that win GPPs

• Dadeano860

Back when we could play ncaa dfs, I was all about that, more of an edge to be had than NFL and all the touts posting rankings, sleepers and the like. Maybe that’s why Meredith jumped out at me as a less known play, he is an undrafted, converted QB at a FCS school

• BIF

@Dadeano860 said...

Back when we could play ncaa dfs, I was all about that, more of an edge to be had than NFL and all the touts posting rankings, sleepers and the like. Maybe that’s why Meredith jumped out at me as a less known play, he is an undrafted, converted QB at a FCS school

I miss NCAAF :(

• FFguru71

@BIF said...

Me too! Was my 2nd most profitable sport(NCAA hoops being #1)…and you didn’t have anywhere close to the info out there as you do for NFL.

• Dadeano860

@BIF said...

Ah the nostalgia. The fact that we had a logical discussion whether Meredith is sneaky or not tells us all we need to know about all the info out there and lack of “sneaky” plays in NFL dfs. I remember last year I read a local Raleigh newspaper article about Jaylen Samuels (when he was a min-priced TE) and took down a GPP when he scored 3 TDs, he was like 10% owned. Alas….

• Dadeano860

@BIF said...

• Darkman33

@Yacht67 said...

I think merediith does. He will be the #2WR if royal can’t go. The bears are projected to score more than the bills.

Are you the same Yact67 that keeps blasting me with game invites on DK? 😂😂

• bhr1989

@kahlilgedin said...

Scumbag advice wow lol.

• Markley

$7100 DK gpp rb ?

• F33NY

What are everyones thoughts on how the hurricane will be affecting the passing games in WAS BAL and TEN MIA?

• AVivier

@F33NY said...

What are everyones thoughts on how the hurricane will be affecting the passing games in WAS BAL and TEN MIA?

Not much. Murray may become a slightly better pick, especially with everyone going Bell if they’re spending high at RB.

• frUnk

Someone told me to come to this site to find out about some girl on Chicago, her name is ……..Meredith I think……..think she can hit value on DK this week?

Hoyher to Meredith does sound kind of catchy

• bhr1989

The weather for Baltimore tommorow shows Sunny Skies highs of 60s for gametime

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.