1:00 PM EST : Washington ( 3.5 ) at Baltimore ( -3.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 4.5 ) at Denver ( -4.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Buffalo ( 2.5 ) at Los Angeles ( -2.5 ) —- T: 40
    4:25 PM EST : San Diego ( 4.5 ) at Oakland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cincinnati ( (Pick) ) at Dallas ( (Pick) ) —- T: 45
    8:30 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7 ) at Green Bay ( -7 ) —- T: —

Monday, October 10th
    8:30 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 6 ) at Carolina ( -6 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Honzerbonzer

Finished 2nd on Rosters in the kickoff gpp. First time playing on the site, I guess I like it so far lol.

• Metalmitch72

I put in one lineup for the 4:05 only slate and won 100 bucks. I put in 50 lineups in the main slate,won 100 bucks.

• squidkill

@chronoxiong said...

Such a depressing week. I lost my 1PM Only games because of one critical decision to upgrade Adam Vinatieri to Justin Tucker because I had about $400 salary remaining.
    https://www.fanduel.com/games/16503/contests/16503-202124273/entries/1039335620/scoring

So I cost myself out of 19 extra FDP that my original Kicker got therefore preventing myself from winning any of those 50/50s. Such a crucial mistake. One that a lot of DK players are glad that there’s no Kicker to pick on that site.

My main Sunday slate was a disaster in it’s own too. Only scored 112.58 as the three guys who killed me were Steve Smith Sr. (he got hurt so got to let him slide), Kyle Rudolph, and Mike Nugent. Just brutal. Rudolph showed me that I can’t trust the Vikings offensive players. They are boom or bust. McKinnon killed me in the aforementioned 1PM Only games. Nugent had no chances to kick a FG as his defense was getting ran over by Zeke. I am going to win my Thur-Mon games though but it is not enough to make back the money I spent for Week 5.

Very strange since the winds were 35-40mph in that game ALL kickers were a no go for that game You didn’t see that news? And who upgrades a Kicker with extra salary?

• osuryanf

I’ve never been more glad for a week to be over, what a disaster for me. Nailed my Zeke pick, but had Rodgers/Nelson everywhere which blew up in my face.

• Cbed11

@osuryanf said...

I’ve never been more glad for a week to be over, what a disaster for me. Nailed my Zeke pick, but had Rodgers/Nelson everywhere which blew up in my face.

It seems weird saying this, but it looks like the days of ARod putting up big numbers are over (at least for the near future).

• TherealTG

What a crazy weekend, I had way too much McKinnon and somehow managed to min cash in most lineups. I think I’m gonna try out rosters next week after seeing all the good reviews for it

• krighton

best weekend by far this season..up $320 with more to come on dk…made it all on gpp in the early games and doubled it with ODB’s last second TD.

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

Good weekend running multiple cash lineups. Won in 10 of my 11 entries. Didn’t quite nail any of them in GPP though. My best lineup had AJ Green and Crabtree underwhelm in the late games, that lineup scored 164 on FD.

• Dmurphy104

• Blogger of the Month

@squidkill said...

Very strange since the winds were 35-40mph in that game ALL kickers were a no go for that game You didn’t see that news? And who upgrades a Kicker with extra salary?

I don’t fault him upgrading a kicker. If he was happy with the rest of his lineup, it would make sense spending up on Kicker or Defense..obviously Tucker wasn’t the right choice, but strategically if you are locked in elsewhere, you spend up at DST or K.

• squidkill

@Dmurphy104 said...

I don’t fault him upgrading a kicker. If he was happy with the rest of his lineup, it would make sense spending up on Kicker or Defense..obviously Tucker wasn’t the right choice, but strategically if you are locked in elsewhere, you spend up at DST or K.

I guess so…I mostly play on DK to avoid spending up on or choosing the irrelevant K position

• falldown

I guess that’s why they call them beginner’s contests:

Fanduel’s beginner $100K Sun NFL Snap #2 ($100K Guaranteed)

The guy who finished 3rd, missed 1st by 14.5 points and second by 1.25 points (pay jumps go 3K, 5K, 10K) rostered Stefon Diggs at WR. Whoops.

• lfn1992

Early on I committed to Rodgers/Nelson in my cash lineups since I didn’t see any other slam-dunk QB/WR1 stack to use. And I was rewarded with probably the worst Rodgers performance at Lambeau in a while, and a near-invisible Nelson after the TD. I didn’t like Brady because of game narrative problems vs. Browns, so of course he goes off. And if you paired him with Edelman, you still were crying.

The winning QB/WR combos I saw were Big Ben/AB (which would have cost you big $$$), Carr/Cooper, Luck/TY, Hoyer/Meredith, and Brady/Bennett. To me that is a lot of different, odd combos to cash with (except for Big Ben/AB, which you could guess might be a good combo but was cost-prohibitive).

At least two of these, Big Ben/AB and Brady/Bennett scared me off due to narrative problems (and even then with Brady, there was no guarantee that it wouldn’t have been Edelman that went off).

• Dfspacman

Great job guys a lot of great prediction for yesterday, names like Meredith and Coates were mentioned a lot too bad I didn’t roster them. Well I would say next up week 6 but 💸 Lol

• RobertoTomba

@osuryanf said...

Nelson was targeted 13 times, but only caught 4. His catch rate is troubling, but Rodgers does have faith him him, particularly in the red zone. Long-term, this looks good, but it would have been nice if he could have caught a couple more of those looks.

• zpa1989

Few thoughts on this week:

-I thought the saints game was the only time coleman/freeman would crush value in the same game but man was I wrong. But at Denver? wow, thats impressive. I did not see that coming. I don’t think its the last time this year we will see both of them do well in the same game. Pretty incredible if you ask me.

- overall profitable week for me despite having some bad duds. had a lineup 177 on FD with clunkers from cj anderson and mckinnon, who killed me this week! If i had elliot/riddick or one of the two i would be a much richer man today. Was all over coates, bennett, hilton, big ben, vinteiri, vikings d.

- seems like a more balanced approach has been winning on FD recently instead of chasing lower priced guys to fit the higher priced studs in (especially at WR). very important to get RB’s with reliable work loads that actually have some upside.

• GMen813

@RobertoTomba said...

Nelson was targeted 13 times, but only caught 4. His catch rate is troubling, but Rodgers does have faith him him, particularly in the red zone. Long-term, this looks good, but it would have been nice if he could have caught a couple more of those looks.

It was frustrating to watch him because he dropped I’d say 3 or 4 passes for probably 40 to 50 yards and it probably cost me $75 to $125 on my one lineup for it. Drove me nuts.

• zpa1989

@RobertoTomba said...

I agree. Had alot of nelson and hoped he would do more damage last night. Rodgers likes to spread it around alot. I think nelson is finally back healthy, which is drawing coverage his way, thus opening things up for adams and cobb. I think we see cobb have some nice games this year finally.

• lineupofpeace

I may not play Nelson much going forward – he just doesn’t look quick on the field. He ran that one double move on Jenkins last night and got zero separation.

I’m sure he’ll have a few big days here and there but not going to chase them.

• GMen813

I had Rodgers/Nelson in one stack but my favorite stack was Carr/Cooper which is why I went with it on the Rosters Kickoff GPP. Knew they’d be low owned (I think Carr was 10% and Cooper was 8%) and San Diego was down Verrett and Flowers. I figured this had to be a big Cooper game and it would be a shootout.

• BIF

@lfn1992 said...

Early on I committed to Rodgers/Nelson in my cash lineups since I didn’t see any other slam-dunk QB/WR1 stack to use. And I was rewarded with probably the worst Rodgers performance at Lambeau in a while, and a near-invisible Nelson after the TD. I didn’t like Brady because of game narrative problems vs. Browns, so of course he goes off. And if you paired him with Edelman, you still were crying.

The winning QB/WR combos I saw were Big Ben/AB (which would have cost you big $$$), Carr/Cooper, Luck/TY, Hoyer/Meredith, and Brady/Bennett. To me that is a lot of different, odd combos to cash with (except for Big Ben/AB, which you could guess might be a good combo but was cost-prohibitive).

At least two of these, Big Ben/AB and Brady/Bennett scared me off due to narrative problems (and even then with Brady, there was no guarantee that it wouldn’t have been Edelman that went off).

I don’t want to Monday Morning QB you but I rarely stack QB/WR in cash games (especially Double Ups, 50/50’s or Triple Ups) because if you miss you are probably dead money as 22% of your roster including QB just went down. I play the QB position naked (probably 65% of the time) and actually use a QB/RB (that is RB’s that will catch 4+ passes) stack about 10% of the time as a hedge to ensure that I’m likely to get the value I need from them combined. This week I had half my cash games on Manning naked (which sucked but would have been worse if I stacked with OBJ or Shephard) but the other half of my games were a lineup with Hoyer/Howard stacks which was one of the better stacks of the day.

• lfn1992

@BIF said...

I don’t want to Monday Morning QB you but I rarely stack QB/WR in cash games (especially Double Ups, 50/50’s or Triple Ups) because if you miss you are probably dead money as 22% of your roster including QB just went down. I play the QB position naked (probably 65% of the time) and actually use a QB/RB (that is RB’s that will catch 4+ passes) stack about 10% of the time as a hedge to ensure that I’m likely to get the value I need from them combined. This week I had half my cash games on Manning naked (which sucked but would have been worse if I stacked with OBJ or Shephard) but the other half of my games were a lineup with Hoyer/Howard stacks which was one of the better stacks of the day.

Funny you should mention that. My best lineup this weekend was (yes, really) a Drew Stanton stack where I basically went min on QB to roster DJ, Bell, DeMarco and Brandon Marshall in the same lineup. Unfortunately it was an experimental lineup, so it only will cash a little, and it won’t cover my other losses.

• Dadeano860

The “sneaky” Meredith paid off. It’s a game of skill….yeah, I’m so skilled that i knew a min-priced would outscore A. Brown! I also got lucky taking Big Ben over Brday, Brady could’ve thrown 6-7 TDs and only Tomlin’s score running up got Ben to 4 TDs. McKinnon, what a huge disappointment

• Dadeano860

@BIF said...

I play the QB position naked (probably 65% of the time) and actually use a QB/RB (that is RB’s that will catch 4+ passes) stack about 10% of the time

I probably go naked QB in cash 80 percent of the time. Extremely rare if I pair a QB and WR #1 in cash. At times I will go QB/WR #2 or TE. Never consciously go QB/RB but that does make sense on a high team total projection

• RockyMtHigh

What QB do you guys like best in the Monday/Thurs slate for GPP? Pickings are definitely slim.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

I don’t play cash games, but I don’t see how all of you guys who play cash games didn’t start with a core of Brady, Howard, Hilton, Marshall. I mean those plays were screaming guaranteed success. All quality players vs. a cup cake match up, with excellent price tags to boot.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).