1:00 PM EST : Washington ( 3.5 ) at Baltimore ( -3.5 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 4.5 ) at Denver ( -4.5 ) —- T: 47
    4:25 PM EST : Buffalo ( 2.5 ) at Los Angeles ( -2.5 ) —- T: 40
    4:25 PM EST : San Diego ( 4.5 ) at Oakland ( -4.5 ) —- T: 51.5
    4:25 PM EST : Cincinnati ( (Pick) ) at Dallas ( (Pick) ) —- T: 45
    8:30 PM EST : NY Giants ( 7 ) at Green Bay ( -7 ) —- T: —

Monday, October 10th
    8:30 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 6 ) at Carolina ( -6 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• EvoX

Got 9th out of 5882 entries. Would of had first if I picked Crosby or Brown for kicker. I had Gano lol
    https://www.fanduel.com/games/16508/contests/16508-202190998/entries/1041111807/scoring

• boosted23

Love playing the .25c contests that pay top 4 of 56 a $3 ticket. Picked up around 10 this week. Not a huge score but a very cheap way to be able to enter a larger contest for us low rollers !

• RobertoTomba

@EvoX said...

Got 9th out of 5882 entries. Would of had first if I picked Crosby or Brown for kicker. I had Gano lol
    https://www.fanduel.com/games/16508/contests/16508-202190998/entries/1041111807/scoring

Talk about wrong place, wrong time: I had more points than you, but I was in a different game, so I only netted $2:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/16502/contests/16502-201951400/entries/1038126622/scoring?entry=1038126622

I’m starting to think that that $1 entries into big money contests are a waste of my dollar.

• RobertoTomba

What do you think of Sammie Coates prospects going forward? I think the Steelers have found a fantastic compliment to Antonio Brown, and someone who will keep being a big play threat.

• BIF

@RobertoTomba said...

What do you think of Sammie Coates prospects going forward? I think the Steelers have found a fantastic compliment to Antonio Brown, and someone who will keep being a big play threat.

If he tightens up with respect to the drops YES, if not Ben won’t trust him on 3rd downs and that’ll put him in a Marcus Wheaton and Heyward-Bey like doghouse.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@RobertoTomba said...

outside of cash, I can’t see myself rostering Brown over Coates at that price. Until he is below 9.7k again, I dunno…

• RobertoTomba

@sirrobert6 said...

outside of cash, I can’t see myself rostering Brown over Coates at that price. Until he is below 9.7k again, I dunno…

Sort of the DeAndre HopkinsWill Fuller situation (though that didn’t work out so well last week).

• MattyK1981

My default in nearly every scenario regarding roster decisions between players boils down to 1 simple question: who is throwing them the ball?

I love Nuk’s talent but last year he had a QB throwing to him relentlessly and he made alot of plays. This year Hoyer is in Chicago (White, Royal, Meredith, they’ve all had a strong week apiece) and his $80million replacement doesn’t distribute the same volume of targets to him (Nuk = 42, Fuller = 40 thru week 5) and thus Nuk is rendered almost unplayable in 2016 save for a GPP flier here and there at his price tag.

Ben, Brady, Luck, Rivers, etc are proven gunslingers that give their guys chances to make plays. Since none of us have a crystal ball, we have to do our best to predict the outcomes that are most likely to occur such as passing attempts, target load, etc. The frustrating thing is when a player is in a great position to produce and they just don’t, which is the most maddening aspect of DFS for me.

• RobertoTomba

I’m looking at these things in terms of DFS as well as league. I happen to have Hopkins, Dez Bryant, and Julian Edelman in one league…all of these guys have had unreliable QB play, even though you’d think they’d look to the top receiver more often. I haven’t played any of them in DFS, though I’ll certainly consider Edelman, since we know how Brady works.

• qman16

boosted23 was in the sunday/monday game only…4 teams and he scored 130 u had alot more teams to choose from! thats why 210 won the game!

• w3junky

@RobertoTomba said...

Talk about wrong place, wrong time: I had more points than you, but I was in a different game, so I only netted $2:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/16502/contests/16502-201951400/entries/1038126622/scoring?entry=1038126622

I’m starting to think that that $1 entries into big money contests are a waste of my dollar.

They are very much so a waste of money. I no longer do them. I stick to GPP’s with 4,000 entries or below.

• CleverGroom

@BIF said...

If he tightens up with respect to the drops YES, if not Ben won’t trust him on 3rd downs and that’ll put him in a Marcus Wheaton and Heyward-Bey like doghouse.

Coates had a mangled hand and Ben was still throwing to him like he was his only hope. Hard not to trust the guy when he can turn one catch into 60+ yards so easily. A guy like Ben will take that action often even if it’s a relatively low percentage play. Besides, who’s he throwing to if Wheaton and Heyward-Bey are already in the doghouse? Lot of ground for Eli Rogers to make up on Sammie once he’s healthy.

That’s what I love about the Steelers, man: first look is touchdown, second is throwing past the sticks, and checkdowns are a distant third. There’s a lot of limited QBs in the league who simply don’t take those shots. See, e.g., Koetter running the ball on third and long instead of trusting Jameis Winston to follow up a forced throw into double zone that should’ve been picked to lose the game or send it to OT.

@MattyK1981 has the right idea. Guys like Alex Smith or Marcus Mariota will put up big games individually without giving any of their guys a chance to make a big play. Not a very long list of QBs who routinely take DFS-winning shots.

• RobertoTomba

Is it just me, or are there an unusual number of DeVantes, Devontas, Devontaes, and Devontes in the league lately?

• clrockny24

yes. Freeman, parker, booker are the ones I can think of.

• RobertoTomba

Wrong thread. Sorry.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler