1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 6 ) at Philadelphia ( -6 ) —- T: 45
    1:00 PM EST : NY Jets ( 2 ) at Cleveland ( -2 ) —- T: 39
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 1.5 ) at LA Rams ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( 2.5 ) at Dallas ( -2.5 ) —- T: 52.5
    8:30 PM EST : Kansas City ( -1.5 ) at Houston ( 1.5 ) —- T: —

Monday, October 9th
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Chicago ( 3.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sox9

Gore 80 yards total +3 receptions vs. SEA, gotta be better vs. SF @ 4400 on DK?

• sox9

I kinda like the floor w/Gore, but not sold on the upside. OK so this will be the only Gore comment on the Week 5 thread, nearly guaranteed ,and will be forgotten by Sunday and lost in 100 pages of comments. Maybe I do like him.

• IronMonkey415

Bisket to start for the Bears this week.

• mike42

@sox9 said...

I’m actually looking at the Cleve D as a cheap alternative if 2 out of 3 of Collins, Shelton and Garrett are active

I can see that, Jets in a letdown spot and Clev is better than they have showed. Could finally be the Crowell game too if that D gets healthy and performs. Just realizing that on some level it makes sense to spot the bad defenses and places where the are the weakest and work backwards. A bad defense can make CAM look like the MVP, Kroft look like Gronk and Watson look like the GOAT.

• Whacko

This thread gets so big as the week progresses it’s hard to weed out the utter nonsense.
    However if you look beyond some of the babble you can achieve some solid advice/insight.

I’m particularly interested about that opening line on the Car/Det game, seems a bit low right now.
    After the comments made by Stafford, perhaps they come out firing on all cylinders.

• AceBoog1e

McCaffrey is due for a big game now that Cam is practicing again. Belichick focuses on shutting down the top option but he should be out in space plenty against Detroit. If Stafford converts a TD or two in the 1H at home it will setup a nice game flow for high CMC snap/target count.

• tkofantasy

All I know right now, Is I’m playing all the L Bell I can…. Againest the Jags Team that allowed the Jets RB’s to both make it in the top 10 for the week….. He will feast

• mike42

@tkofantasy said...

All I know right now, Is I’m playing all the L Bell I can…. Againest the Jags Team that allowed the Jets RB’s to both make it in the top 10 for the week….. He will feast

IDk, I was him last week but the Jax game seemed more like an out of character jetlag letdown spot than a trend for Jax’s rund D. He also could only get less than 39 touches, his price jumped and AB is tossing coolers on the sidelines.

Numerous studies have shown that when star WR’s toss coolers on the sideline there is a substantial and statistically significant increase in tgts the following week . Think it’s an AB week in a bad matchup that will keep people away even though he does well in bad matchups.

• Simplebitz

@mike42 said...

IDk, I was him last week but the Jax game seemed more like an out of character jetlag letdown spot than a trend for Jax’s rund D. He also could only get less than 39 touches, his price jumped and AB is tossing coolers on the sidelines.

Numerous studies have shown that when star WR’s toss coolers on the sideline there is a substantial and statistically significant increase in tgts the following week . Think it’s an AB week in a bad matchup that will keep people away even though he does well in bad matchups.

• Whacko

With Antonio Brown being only 8400 on DK and playing at HOME vs a non-divisional team, not to mention they open as 8.5 point (Early) Favorites….

Chalk City incoming…
    http://www.fantasylabs.com/NFL/trends/simple/1177980

However, last time at this price he crapped the bed…

• miggs6876

@mike42 said...

Look past what you think of the offenses or teams, Jets@Clev, SF@INDY. 4 bad defenses playing each other. Been kind of theme this year, any player can blow up vs a crappy D, even Cam.

As an added bonus, clev and indy seem to have something of a funnel D so look at the passing attacks of the JEts and SF for potential variance to the upside.

I think this line of thinking is incorrect. I try not to target what I think are low scoring games by bad teams/ bad offenses. Right now, the clev game is over under 39 and the Indy game is 43. Sure, a player or two in these games can have a good fantasy day. Can you be more specific on who you like in these games?

• jfitz33

@mike42 said...

Lol, I agree this is definitely significantly proven. However, why not both? I personally think this game gets ugly quick, probably with some AB production, then they ride leveon second half. We’ve seen this plenty of times with the steelers, and its looking like this might be one of those weeks. I watched way too much of the jets jags game for a sane human being and holy shit bortles is #bad.

• jfitz33

Also, can someone explain to me how melvin gordon is only 6k on dk? I get he shat the bed last week, but that was against a solid front seven and banged up secondary where it made sense to air it out. Not so much this week against the giants. Needless to say I’m very interested. That is until all the TDs go to hunter henry and gates… lol

• miggs6876

@mike42 said...

I do agree with it being an AB week. How do you or anyone think of a Ben Bell AB stack?

• parrothead112

Is Fournette a lock at 7000 on DK?

• mark83vt

@miggs6876 said...

I do agree with it being an AB week. How do you or anyone think of a Ben Bell AB stack?

I started doing a few lineups and that was the first one I came up with, but ended up backing out of it. I think Bell/AB are going to be either/or. I don’t think all 3 will win you a GPP. Not enough money left to play around with.

• jfitz33

@parrothead112 said...

Not even close, if the steelers are smart they stack the box and make bortles beat them. Not to mention he might not be on the field much in the second half when steelers are up big cuz ivory is their passing downs guy

• mike42

@miggs6876 said...

Can you be more specific on who you like in these games?

No, it wasn’t my point and usually who you like on monday changes by sunday. It’s just to say that one of the trends that is developing is defensive weaknesses are creating blow up spots for opposing teams with low ownership. That’s it. Think CLEV/INDY game a couple weeks ago. SF is in a spot where their offense could produce some nice upside variance, where it comes from if it does happen requires further investigation.

Actually think one of the teams that may go under owned this week is the number one offense in the league, the Rams. Gurley is getting DJ/Bell usage and results and is still under priced for that reason. 51 carries in 2 weeks, 5 receptions a game, 7 tds in 4 games. Matchup with Sea is giving you a discount even though the sum of the parts has not equaled the whole for that D and think they suffered some injuries to the front 7 last night.

I just try to find spots/players that may go overlooked for reasons that may not not turn out to be valid after the games are played. Ownership projections will always give you the ideal setups/matchups. No one wants to roster players vs SEA or anyone from SF but I’ll be looking for reasons to do both this week even though I may not end up there.

• XxHeisenbergxX

If Elliott is suspended today the RB situation is going to be a hot mess..I am already looking for a cheap play Duke Johnson, Carlos Hyde and Wendell Smallwood who I have for early consideration.

• Whacko

@jfitz33 said...

Also, can someone explain to me how melvin gordon is only 6k on dk? I get he shat the bed last week, but that was against a solid front seven and banged up secondary where it made sense to air it out. Not so much this week against the giants. Needless to say I’m very interested. That is until all the TDs go to hunter henry and gates… lol

If you look at the pricing for Gordon he is priced as the 11th ranked RB,
    Christian McCaffrey is priced @5700, which as of right now seems for me the direction I want to go,

The Chargers and Giants are going to be playing desperate, it’s one thing for the Chargers to be winless, but having the Giants winless is pure nightmare scenario for the Giant organization. They must win…. and they will play like all their jobs are on the line.

• mike42

@jfitz33 said...

Also, can someone explain to me how melvin gordon is only 6k on dk?

I have not seem snap counts but I feel like I watched other SD rb’s do things yesterday. Part of his value was that he was on the field all the time, a true bell cow RB, take that away and it’s logical to subtract a chunk of his value for DFS purposes. Think it may be injury related so they may be making a conscious effort to limit his touches/snaps.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@parrothead112 said...

I think he is a very good play this week. Alex Collins ran really well against the Steelers Sunday and Fournette is a lot more talented than him. He will get his. I am expecting a low scoring game, and I expect the same game plan vs the Jags that the Steelers used against the Ravens. Bell. Bell and more Bell. Which is royally going to piss off Antonio Brown. Ben is really not throwing the ball well at all. I am starting to believe the reports that he really wanted to retire last year he really looks off.

• pick6er

I’ll let everyone else ride AB. Big Ben simply does not look the same. AB can enjoy a nice date with Ramsey, I can find 6-70 for a lot less than 8,400. To beat Jacksonville you have to run, just so happens Le’veon bell is pretty good at that.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@pick6er said...

I’ll let everyone else ride AB. Big Ben simply does not look the same. AB can enjoy a nice date with Ramsey, I can find 6-70 for a lot less than 8,400. To beat Jacksonville you have to run, just so happens Le’veon bell is pretty good at that.

We think alike LOL

• lineupofpeace

Amari Cooper is only $100 more than Devin Funchess I still won’t play him. Amazing how things change

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).