1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 6 ) at Philadelphia ( -6 ) —- T: 45
    1:00 PM EST : NY Jets ( 2 ) at Cleveland ( -2 ) —- T: 39
    4:05 PM EST : Seattle ( 1.5 ) at LA Rams ( -1.5 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Green Bay ( 2.5 ) at Dallas ( -2.5 ) —- T: 52.5
    8:30 PM EST : Kansas City ( -1.5 ) at Houston ( 1.5 ) —- T: —

Monday, October 9th
    8:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( -3.5 ) at Chicago ( 3.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• jimmyd1507

@sox9 said...

The chalk on DAK/Aaron, Bell Gurley ASJ and especially DEZ is going to be so heavy you will never win or place high in a GPP using them. Even Watson gonna be high by game time. In GPP you need to run w/ guys like Hoyer, Ben,Gordon, Lamar, Tate, AJ, ODB, Bennett.

People say that, but if Dez has 40 points, then even if he was 40% owned, you’re now only competing against 40% of the field instead of 100%.

• MattyK1981

@dbullsfan said...

I was thinking this but I also think at some point Shady is going to have a down game just from being overworked and this could be it.

I understand your point however on the flip side of that argument don’t forget that Shady has not found the end zone yet this season through 4 games. That is not sustainable and he is overdue for some positive TD regression, especially since the slim threat of a Tolbert vulture if someone gets stopped inside the 3yd line really only comes down to good/bad luck.

Shady is perfectly capable of an 18-110-1 line on the ground with 5/50 thrown in out of the back field. That is good for 30 points on his $7800 salary and would position you nicely against the field even if Bell / Zeke have good games at higher cost.

• sox9

@qnova34 said...

You can easily use all of these guys so long as you have unique roster construction. You don’t want to fade the best plays because they’re going to be highly owned….Some things I think you CAN do to get cute:

1.) Entirely fade one of Bell/Gurley and go heavy on the other.

2.) If you’re not as heavy on Bell, play some Antonio Brown with Gurley as a leverage.

3.) Pivot off of Dez for Devante Parker in certain spots (or Cobb, or TY Hilton).

4.) PLAY THE FRICKIN BILLS D/ST!!!!!!!!

5.) Seems like everyone here is already on to Abdullah>Ellington and if Gallman is around just use him as a salary saver.

these are just a couple examples of things I’m doing to differentiate as i’ll be waaay over the field on a lot of the chalk like Gurley / Dez / ASJ / etc

I like at least a few of those thanks. I need to drill down on Gallman a bit further as an option. My concern is his useage and if the game flows to a passing free-for-all. I am not concerned about the LAC run D. You want to target the LAC run D, but i have no great feel as to how much the NYG want to use Gallman. The price is right. If Perkins is confirmed out I am less worried about a Darkwa share, but would hope Gallman could vulture 3-4 passes from Vereen.

• Dunzor

@sox9 said...

The chalk on DAK/Aaron, Bell Gurley ASJ and especially DEZ is going to be so heavy you will never win or place high in a GPP using them. Even Watson gonna be high by game time. In GPP you need to run w/ guys like Hoyer, Ben,Gordon, Lamar, Tate, AJ, ODB, Bennett.

I’ve never agreed with this thought process, that you can’t win a gpp with chalky guys. You have 9 spots on your roster and only need to really differentiate at 1 or 2 to be unique. The chalk is chalk because they are expected to go off for big points, and yes they could bust like any play, but if they perform as expected they may be a requirement to win gpps in contrast to you claiming you can’t win with them.

• querb

reading all the hot takes in this thread during quarters 1-3 last night this morning makes me laugh

“all Jamies lines are dead” el o el

only guys that hurt you if you played them last night are brady, gillilslie, evans, allen and folk

• Pdirty25

My LU is ARod, Bell, Gallman, Dez, Cobb, Parker, ASJ, Elliott and PIT def. What do y’all think

• Simplebitz

I think Big Ben is the Cam Newton of the week. I’ve seen too many successful Ben/Bell/Brown stacks of the past…. They are due to bounce especially at HOME. Jags have a great secondary, but once Bell runs over their D line it’ll open up targets for Angry Brown to go HAM. If this doesn’t work then I’ll retire from this shit.

• Supanice

My lineup is finished but I have a choice between bell/gurley/Elliott. My only real concern is Steelers go up early and there is no incentive for bell to get 30 touches

• Ndepompei

@Pdirty25 said...

My LU is ARod, Bell, Gallman, Dez, Cobb, Parker, ASJ, Elliott and PIT def. What do y’all think

I’d find a way to fit in barry sanders

• sox9

I just did one w/both Gallman and Blount, just a low priced GPP flier—but still —couldn’t resist

• loutheitalian

No morning grind today

• monarch

Pricing has tightened up on DK. It has me targeting the SF/Indy game in order to get the running backs.

That game feels like last week’s Ten/Hou

• Dunzor

@Supanice said...

My only real concern is Steelers go up early and there is no incentive for bell to get 30 touches

Isn’t this exactly why you play Bell, because if the Steelers go up early they will just run the ball all game and burn the clock

• sox9

@querb said...

reading all the hot takes in this thread during quarters 1-3 last night this morning makes me laugh

“all Jamies lines are dead” el o el

only guys that hurt you if you played them last night are brady, gillilslie, evans, allen and folk

Winston looks ok until Dak Watson or Ben put up 30. 1 or 2 fantasy points is all that separates a nice payday from a small profit. Garbage time may save a cash LU w/Winston but most people probably stacked him w/ Evans for GPPs. i still think he is at best an average QB.

• dbullsfan

@Simplebitz said...

I think Big Ben is the Cam Newton of the week. I’ve seen too many successful Ben/Bell/Brown stacks of the past…. They are due to bounce especially at HOME. Jags have a great secondary, but once Bell runs over their D line it’ll open up targets for Angry Brown to go HAM. If this doesn’t work then I’ll retire from this shit.

I would be fine with this, I’m throwing 3 lineups out in GPPs. Pit/Bal/Det stacks and going Hoyer in cash so here is to fading Rodgers this week

• sox9

@monarch said...

Pricing has tightened up on DK. It has me targeting the SF/Indy game in order to get the running backs.

That game feels like last week’s Ten/Hou

I am targeting that game too. May target it both ways. You like the SF or Indy side or some of both? Garcon TY Hyde all look interesting and the QBs maybe both

• JimKronlund

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

Good job Jim! We always have Sunday.

lol thanks but I probably hit my high water mark. :)

• qnova34

RG Overall Ranking

Anyone think the Wendell Smallwood news is better for Corey Clement than Blount?

• Pdirty25

I just wanted some value. Was going with Gore, however I wanted ASJ. So I downsize

• sox9

@dbullsfan said...

I would be fine with this, I’m throwing 3 lineups out in GPPs. Pit/Bal/Det stacks and going Hoyer in cash so here is to fading Rodgers this week

I have 2 Hoyer 1 Brissett 1 Ben LU but just beginning to add some more

• pepsies15

@sox9 said...

Look at last night. Winston was the Number 1 Consensus Value Ranked QB by like 5 out of 7 or 6 out of 8 experts surveyed by RG. Winston is just a bad QB, and no one will ever convince me otherwise because he will never deliver consistently. But the point is if you played him he was like over 72% owned in FD cash LU (the $5 Double Up) and if you stacked him w/Evans you are really behind the 8-ball. Not sure what his ownership was in GPP, but probably also pretty high ( I would guess 30% or more). AROD or Dak or even Watson are probably fine for cash, but for GPP I am looking at Hoyer, Ben, Brissett and a one or two others.

Winston is a bad QB? Hmm ok. Interesting take.

• Brenmike922

@qnova34 said...

Anyone think the Wendell Smallwood news is better for Corey Clement than Blount?

For PPR since he’s gonna basically be the receiving RB now. Not a bad flier now for 1-2 L/U’s.

• heyfeefellskee

@pepsies15 said...

Winston is a bad QB? Hmm ok. Interesting take.

Yeah, Winston has issues, but he’s not a bad QB at all. C’mon man.

• sox9

@qnova34 said...

I could see 12 carries maybe 15 for him. Blount still the GL guy I think and will have a few more touches. Is Clement a pass catcher? Know he caught some in preseason. Could see a few targets. Is $400 less on DK enough of a discount? i think maybe yes in a couple LUs at least if you are doing 25-40 LUs.

• Alexg85

Can I get a source for ownership percentages? Or is this a premium service or a Fanduel thing

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).