1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -3.5 ) —- T: 56
    4:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 6.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 52
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 4.5 ) at San Francisco ( -4.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Philadelphia ( -3 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : LA Rams ( -7 ) at Seattle ( 7 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 10/8
    8:15 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 52

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• deeebo

@squidkill said...

You must play FD then- – no way you can fit those on DK- Id rather play JUJU at the discount

oh also Juju is pretty high on Fd at 8k .. so not sure if its actually a discount

• bigez952

@squidkill said...

There is a REAL discrepancy this year between FD and DK? I only play on DK for football- FD seems so loose this year-

Isn’t it that way every year? Fan Duel caters themselves much more to the casual fan so they make sure the pricing is so loose you can play all the stars. Hell they even added “the guru” who can pick a team for you in the classic modes if your unsure who to play on Fanduel. If that isn’t a sign they are trying to cater to the most casual type of fans I don’t know what is.

• Messiah717

Looking at the Showdown for tomorrow and I want to stab myself repeatedly over the idea I might have to play Ebron again.

• hbomb57

@Messiah717 said...

Looking at the Showdown for tomorrow and I want to stab myself repeatedly over the idea I might have to play Ebron again.

He will get the targets but the catches is another story. I cannot find the gif for it but it would be the quarterback in the Little Giants movie throwing rolls of Toilet Paper to the kid with Frying pan hands instead of Footballs.

• squidkill

@hbomb57 said...

He will get the targets but the catches is another story. I cannot find the gif for it but it would be the quarterback in the Little Giants movie throwing rolls of Toilet Paper to the kid with Frying pan hands instead of Footballs.

Just skip the SHowdown bro- pretty simple— hes not on the main slate- u ggod

• sfguy21

Do any of you guys play on both FD and DK, or do you pick one and stick with it?

• thedkexperience

@Hoods From The Wood said...

Game scripting question. Maybe my problem is the terminology. There are many possible outcomes to a game. I get the “any given Sunday” premise means scripting isn’t an exact process, but neither is DFS lol. Do you start your scripting for a game based on what you think the result of the game will be?. Thursday night Vegas has Pats winning 30ish-20ish. So many other options tho. In a pick the winner vacuum more of my outcomes have Pats winning. Now I look at how I think the Pats get to 30ish based on my perceived strengths/weaknesses of the teams involved. Rinse and repeat process for Colts. Did I just gamescript lol?. Hope the question isn’t as dopey as it looks typed lol

I love this question.

Essentially what I do is first try to identify which game will go wildly off the rails in the Thurs/Mon slate. A 52 over under where both teams combine for 52 isn’t gonna win you much. A 52 over under where the teams will combine to score 80 certainly will. If I’m right I can make awesome money like last Thursday.

If I’m wrong I use the rest of the slates (1pm, 4pm, Main) to both double down on my LU (if it has not played) as well as bet against myself.

Let’s say that I think QB A scores a ton of points in a high over under game with a WR stack and I’m wrong but the game still shoots out. It’s reasonable to assume that the other QB and WRs when nuts them. So I simply remove my original stack and replace it with the new stack and leave everything else alone regardless of salary.

So consider what you think will happen, and then think, what’s the most likely way that I’ll be wrong. Play them both.

• Playtaw1n

Per sam monson: “Minnesota’s O-line has now surrendered 81 total pressures through 4 games.

The average OL gives up 160 over a season. Minnesota is on pace to give up 324.

That would be the most we’ve seen in a decade by around 70.”

Even if eagles/Vikings is a shootout eagles dst can still be a good play.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I got research overload going on here with so much going on!

Anybody else loving Russell Wilson at home against a division juggernaut in the Rams? I sure do at 5.1K, even if they lose badly (which I actually don’t think will happen and the Rams might get their first L). Sounds crazy but I’m not so sure it is.

• thedkexperience

@keephustlincuz said...

How would you go about stacking this game? It’s hard to fit the expensive pieces in.

I cannot get enough Vikings or Eagles in my lineup. Jaylen Mills has no chance to stop either WR. Ertz eats always. Agholor has bottomed out on price even though he’s getting a ton of targets. Probably gotta roll with Agholor if you want cheap exposure. I wish I could play both QBs in the same lineup.

44.5 might get covered 5 minutes into the 3rd. No idea why this isn’t 49 or more.

• sox9

Mixon practicing in full pads, Gio not practicing.

• thedkexperience

@lineupofpeace said...

I like Philly D as well with their pass rush playing at home vs the Vikings weak offensive line. Not to say that Cousins can’t have a good fantasy game, but could see him getting sacked and turning it over a few times.

While throwing it 55 times for 417 yards and 3 TDs.

• sox9

@thedkexperience said...

I cannot get enough Vikings or Eagles in my lineup. Jaylen Mills has no chance to stop either WR. Ertz eats always. Agholor has bottomed out on price even though he’s getting a ton of targets. Probably gotta roll with Agholor if you want cheap exposure. I wish I could play both QBs in the same lineup.

44.5 might get covered 5 minutes into the 3rd. No idea why this isn’t 49 or more.

Alshon caught virtually everything last week. Off him bec. of Rhodes I assume? Jeffrey and Ertz have the TD equity on PHL.

• sox9

Also, no one on Ajayi for some good reasons. However, Gio going to be limited by Mixon and his own injury. On FD in that same price range folks will be on Yeldon, maybe a some on Devonta. No one is on Ajayi in a potentially high scoring game where he gets the volume inside the 5 yard line. Like the higher end RBs for slots and maybe a low-owned Ajayi in the flex.

• deeebo

what are some thoughts on QB on FD? like cheaper options. you guys liking Bortles or Flacco? Pay a little more and go Stafford?

• sox9

@deeebo said...

what are some thoughts on QB on FD? like cheaper options. you guys liking Bortles or Flacco? Pay a little more and go Stafford?

or pay a little less and get Wentz or Dalton

• HuskerAaron

Trying to find some low price, high ceiling gpp fillers. Taiwan Taylor for 4K looks like he fills a few of those boxes. Other names worth mentioning? 3.5K – 4.8k?

• thedkexperience

@squidkill said...

There is a REAL discrepancy this year between FD and DK? I only play on DK for football- FD seems so loose this year-

You can easily fit 4 legit All Pro players on FD every week. Maybe 5. Add in that it’s a half PPR and it’s really easy to build a LU with a great QB, 2 great RBs and a flex RB without having to worry about jamming in all the best WRs.

It’s a bit tighter than earlier but it’s still Charmin soft.

• underdawgs

@fettycat050385 said...

I see starks all the time, went to school with him. He was are qb and a member of our 2005 US Ranked #2 basketball team. Him and johnny flynn (cosins) used to ball.

James starks and Johnny flynn are cousins? This is the most fascinating piece of news i’ve heard all week, not joking at all

• thedkexperience

@bigez952 said...

Isn’t it that way every year? Fan Duel caters themselves much more to the casual fan so they make sure the pricing is so loose you can play all the stars. Hell they even added “the guru” who can pick a team for you in the classic modes if your unsure who to play on Fanduel. If that isn’t a sign they are trying to cater to the most casual type of fans I don’t know what is.

Which is all the reason you need to play there.

I’m also a part time online poker pro. There are many similarities between each but maybe the most important is that you do not get extra points for beating more talented opponents. I’m sure it would be a fun experience to play at a table filled with WSOP winners but I’d always rather play at a table filled with hammered drunk vacationers.

• thedkexperience

@sox9 said...

Alshon caught virtually everything last week. Off him bec. of Rhodes I assume? Jeffrey and Ertz have the TD equity on PHL.

Yes. That’s literally the only reason I’m off Alshon. Hoping enough people get him at his reduced price (6800 on FD, he has 8k talent) without thinking through that he might be the only person not running wildly open in the secondary.

I love Alshon in general as he usually sits comfortably into the second tier WRs that are forgotten about after the OBJ, Julio and AB types. Just not here.

• KindGuy

@underdawgs said...

James starks and Johnny flynn are cousins? This is the most fascinating piece of news i’ve heard all week, not joking at all

Looks like they’re both from Niagra Falls. Sounds legit!

• parrothead112

@HuskerAaron said...

Trying to find some low price, high ceiling gpp fillers. Taiwan Taylor for 4K looks like he fills a few of those boxes. Other names worth mentioning? 3.5K – 4.8k?

Maybe Sanu or go up a bit more and grab Doug Baldwin?

• lineupofpeace

@HuskerAaron said...

MVS (GB receiver) and Marvin Jones fit that bill nicely. Love Taylor this week too.

• Mcdonacr

@parrothead112 said...

Maybe Sanu or go up a bit more and grab Doug Baldwin?

Antonio Callaway

Matchup isnt great but hes gonna have a monster game soon

Also like Sanu and Marvin Jones

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).