1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -3.5 ) —- T: 56
    4:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 6.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 52
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 4.5 ) at San Francisco ( -4.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Philadelphia ( -3 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : LA Rams ( -7 ) at Seattle ( 7 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 10/8
    8:15 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 52

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• theghostofveebs

@deeebo said...

Fournette out. Confirmed

aaaaaaaaaaaand here comes 20% Bortles ownership.

• wilks3579

@HuskerAaron said...

Trying to find some low price, high ceiling gpp fillers. Taiwan Taylor for 4K looks like he fills a few of those boxes. Other names worth mentioning? 3.5K – 4.8k?

Chris Conley @ 3.2k without Sammy should see some extra looks. Liking Mahomes in that one too

• miggs6876

@bigez952 said...

Isn’t it that way every year? Fan Duel caters themselves much more to the casual fan so they make sure the pricing is so loose you can play all the stars. Hell they even added “the guru” who can pick a team for you in the classic modes if your unsure who to play on Fanduel. If that isn’t a sign they are trying to cater to the most casual type of fans I don’t know what is.

I would say it is easier to fit in more higher priced players on FD vs DK. Not sure that correlates to catering to the more casual player. Secondly, you can’t fit in all the high priced players. The guru can be seen as catering to more casual players. However, it could be a marketing tool to make more money new and old players. I don’t get why people slam FD.

Anyways, if I am trying to win money I’d rather play against a FD casual player than a DK professional like you.

• Briancobb33

Who is getting the slot snaps for the Eagles now? J-Matt at 3500 definitely worth a look if he’s gonna be in the slot

• bigez952

@miggs6876 said...

I would say it is easier to fit in more higher priced players on FD vs DK. Not sure that correlates to catering to the more casual player. Secondly, you can’t fit in all the high priced players. The guru can be seen as catering to more casual players. However, it could be a marketing tool to make more money new and old players. I don’t get why people slam FD.

Anyways, if I am trying to win money is rather play against a FD casual player than a DK professional like you.

I am far from a DK professional and actually play NFL both sites. Softer pricing does correlate to catering to more casual players as you really don’t need to concerned with WR3’s since you can make a respectable lineup with all guys the average guy would know.

I am still allowed to play in the beginner contests at FanDuel and through 4 weeks I have played in 20 contests for the NFL and have a 100% cash rate. I have turned my $10 initial deposit into just under $200 so I can’t say bad things about wanting to play over there since I really should be playing more there right now since I have yet to lose any contest I have entered so far this season.

• Ace15

@miggs6876 said...

I don’t get why people slam FD.

Ditto, Money is Money if it’s softer and there are more casual players then we should be crushing and cashing every week. I assume anyone who browses these forums are more informed than the avg casual player. Playing on FD if you think it’s soft should give you an edge. I play both and like them both equally, definitely easier to cash in FD though!

• dominicanpapi

@theghostofveebs said...

aaaaaaaaaaaand here comes 20% Bortles ownership.

20% is pretty high for him. Rodgers/Stafford/Ryan/Ben/Newton/Carr/Rivers/Cousins/Wentz will probably soak up the majority of the ownership.

• mike42

@squidkill said...

Dfs is hard- Don’t complain if you are “only winning said amount”

You are a wise man Squid. If you factor in the sharks plus even take and the rake, you should lose at least 65-70 percent of the time even if you are a solid player who does his homework. Complaining about winning a small amount of $$ every week is comparable to parable/story of the guy who complains about his shoes than see’s a guy with no feet. Most of us are losers by years end, it’s the shared pain that bonds us.

See how I kicked the wisdom at end there? I learned it from you man.

• joephoto

Should I play the Sunday Oct. 7th NFL Tiers Satellite contests that win me Saturday Oct. 6th MMA entries ?

I’m waiting for an answer from Draftkings.

• miggs6876

@bigez952 said...

I am far from a DK professional and actually play NFL both sites. Softer pricing does correlate to catering to more casual players as you really don’t need to concerned with WR3’s since you can make a respectable lineup with all guys the average guy would know.

I am still allowed to play in the beginner contests at FanDuel and through 4 weeks I have played in 20 contests for the NFL and have a 100% cash rate. I have turned my $10 initial deposit into just under $200 so I can’t say bad things about wanting to play over there since I really should be playing more there right now since I have yet to lose any contest I have entered so far this season.

Glad you are winning. I still don’t agree with your premise. Softer pricing doesn’t necessarily mean it caters to beginners. Simply means softer pricing/ different format. Perhaps, it is easier to play too. Nevertheless, your premise is your opinion. Keep on winning.

• fatnate

Just heard on local radio 1530am, out of Cincinnati. Mixon in full pads and practiced today. Seems very likely he plays this week. Ross was a limited participant. Gio didn’t finish the game Sunday and did not practice today.

• miggs6876

@dominicanpapi said...

20% is pretty high for him. Rodgers/Stafford/Ryan/Ben/Newton/Carr/Rivers/Cousins/Wentz will probably soak up the majority of the ownership.

I agree. Lots of QB’s to like this week.

• mike42

@MrFreeze53 said...

Yeah its not a classic short passing game, but he consistently moves outside the pocket and his WRs are taught to circle back once hes outside, with the exception of Jordy. This consistently leads to 7 to 10 yard games perfect for Cobb and the like. I will say the one time they became dedicated to the run they won a superbowl as a wildcard, and I made a killing at 12-1. D9nt have that feeling now.

I keep thinking that by the time the playoffs start or maybe after the wild card that only the teams with some semblance of a balanced attack/running game and defense will be the ones left standing. Of course the Packers would be better if teams had to at least give some respect to the running game. It also helps your D play less snaps and wears down opposing D’s more than the passing game does. This year especially, seems like a lot of D’s look gassed by the time the 4th qtr rolls around. The Packers, as well as a lot of other teams would be better if they protected their crappy D’s by running more, controlling TOP. A D doesn’t know the difference from a 3 and out or a 3 play, 80 td TD drive. All they know is they are back out there again. Should be easier to run to with most teams using Nickel as basically their base D. I love the Rams play action, seems like they manufacture a ridiculous amount of big plays out of it. LB’s take one false step and game over, wish the Bears would use it. I know they have Gurley, but don’t think you need a top RB do get D’s to respect the running game.

• miggs6876

@fatnate said...

Just heard on local radio 1530am, out of Cincinnati. Mixon in full pads and practiced today. Seems very likely he plays this week. Ross was a limited participant. Gio didn’t finish the game Sunday and did not practice today.

Even if he plays I’m off both Cinci Rb’s.

• wafic

@Ace15 said...

Ditto, Money is Money if it’s softer and there are more casual players then we should be crushing and cashing every week. I assume anyone who browses these forums are more informed than the avg casual player. Playing on FD if you think it’s soft should give you an edge. I play both and like them both equally, definitely easier to cash in FD though!

I personally think softer pricing puts me at a disadvantage because you cannot project ownership or line-up construction of your opponents as easy.

• thedkexperience

I’ve had 4 profitable weeks in a row. You will NEVER hear me complain about a small win.

If I have AA and all I win is the blinds, it’s still a win. Sure I’d like to double up but I’ve lost so many poker hands as a preflop favorite over the last 20 years it’s sickening. Small wins are awesome. Ideally you can flip those small wins into a larger one.

I’m up about $900 give or take on the year. Week 2 involved a massive $20 profit. It was a Christmas miracle I didn’t get destroyed that day. That small win ended up paying off in a bigger win in Week 3 and a huge week 4. Just gotta stat afloat. Small wins do that.

• wafic

@mike42 said...

You are a wise man Squid. If you factor in the sharks plus even take and the rake, you should lose at least 65-70 percent of the time even if you are a solid player who does his homework. Complaining about winning a small amount of $$ every week is comparable to parable/story of the guy who complains about his shoes than see’s a guy with no feet. Most of us are losers by years end, it’s the shared pain that bonds us.

See how I kicked the wisdom at end there? I learned it from you man.

As a GPP player because i hate playing cash, i lose far more often than i win. And winning is so top heavy, placing in the top 1% of a GPP really doesn’t mean shit, you really need to land in the top 10 to make money. And a 10th place finish vs. a 3rd place is a substantial difference in payout. Breaking even just means more bullets to fire in the next GPP.

• thedkexperience

@miggs6876 said...

I agree. Lots of QB’s to like this week.

Plus Mahomes is coming off a MNF 4th quarter for the ages. I think he’ll soak up about 10% just due to FOMO.

Hell, Booger McFarland might play him in all 150 of his lineups.

• thedkexperience

@wafic said...

As a GPP player because i hate playing cash, i lose far more often than i win. And winning is so top heavy, placing in the top 1% of a GPP really doesn’t mean shit, you really need to land in the top 10 to make money. And a 10th place finish vs. a 3rd place is a substantial difference in payout. Breaking even just means more bullets to fire in the next GPP.

Cash games legitimately frighten me and are way more ulcer enducing. I cannot stand the exposure you have to lay for a 45%ish return. Makes me feel like I’m playing blackjack and I’m only a second away from a shady dealer with a three letter name that’s starts with a silent T ruining my whole weekend.

GPPs are fun. You only need one good LU in 5 to break even and one great one in a weekend can have you going to Sizzler like Wesley Snipes. As long as you play aggressively it’s not that hard to find one good lineup a weekend.

• Ace15

@wafic said...

Haha same! I play only GPP’s with the same mindset, breaking even just means more bullets to fire off. I can’t seem to get into cash. I’ve tried it a couple times and it just feels weird..

• joephoto

@joephoto said...

Should I play the Sunday Oct. 7th NFL Tiers Satellite contests that win me Saturday Oct. 6th MMA entries ?

I’m waiting for an answer from Draftkings.

Draftkings closed the MMA satellites and they are refunding entry fees.
    I entered one for 25 cents to see what would happen.

I got thanked for calling it to their attention.

• bigez952

@miggs6876 said...

Glad you are winning. I still don’t agree with your premise. Softer pricing doesn’t necessarily mean it caters to beginners. Simply means softer pricing/ different format. Perhaps, it is easier to play too. Nevertheless, your premise is your opinion. Keep on winning.

It is just my opinion of course but I think you got my message a little mixed in in that I am not trying to bash Fanduel by saying it is easier to play and caters to casual players by giving them a decent shot to win without having to spend hours researching a slate. It is their marketing strategy and a way to differentiate themselves so that is perfectly fine and sets them apart from DK.

• infantryboys

I would add DeDe Westbrook and Martavis Bryant to that sub $4.8K list.

• mike42

@Messiah717 said...

Looking at the Showdown for tomorrow and I want to stab myself repeatedly over the idea I might have to play Ebron again.

Just be under the field, only put him in 70% of your LU’s

• mike42

@thedkexperience said...

Plus Mahomes is coming off a MNF 4th quarter for the ages. I think he’ll soak up about 10% just due to FOMO.

Hell, Booger McFarland might play him in all 150 of his lineups.

Between the announcer blowing his load every time someone gets a first down, witless Witten, Booger stating the obvious only when it’s most obvious and ARod for baseball, ESPN’s latest round of cut backs made it necessary to turn off the volume for all their prime time games. I did yesterday for the Cubs game. I decided I would rather be alone with my thoughts in dead silence than listen to Arod say Cubbies one more time. True story.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).