1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -3.5 ) —- T: 56
    4:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 6.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 52
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 4.5 ) at San Francisco ( -4.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Philadelphia ( -3 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : LA Rams ( -7 ) at Seattle ( 7 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 10/8
    8:15 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 52

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• thedkexperience

@TopDawgs07 said...

I agree with this post and I also agree with liking Connor a lot this week. The one thing I can’t get past currently, is that at home, Big Ben is the way this Pittsburgh offense goes. I know Atlanta is weak up the middle defending the pass, but I see that as a plus for McDonald and James.

Depending on the LU my Pittsburgh onslaught build is Ben/Connor/Brown and either Switzer as a pure GPP dart or Vance. Personally I’m actually playing Hooper the most overall at TE. I got burned on him last week but I’m running it back against The Paper Machette Curtain.

• TopDawgs07

@thedkexperience said...

Depending on the LU my Pittsburgh onslaught build is Ben/Connor/Brown and either Switzer as a pure GPP dart or Vance. Personally I’m actually playing Hooper the most overall at TE. I got burned on him last week but I’m running it back against The Paper Machette Curtain.

I really like the idea of Switzer as a cheap, dart throw in that offense. He’s essentially become their WR3 over Washington. Vance is probably my TE #1 this week.

• parrothead112

@deeebo said...

yeah screw it. im fading connor. playing ab alongside gurley/gordon/yeldon and staffors. may the lord be w me

Why Stafford over all the others in that price range?

• monarch

@Messiah717 said...

Looking at Showdown. Pascal had 11 targets last week with Hilton hobbled. With Hilton out Pascal at $2,000 seems like a no brainer.

He is a great play. I watched every game he played in college. Physical, basically played in this offense for four years and was most productive against strong competition…went 8/104/2 at NC State. He is really good inside on short routes.

• thedkexperience

@TopDawgs07 said...

I really like the idea of Switzer as a cheap, dart throw in that offense. He’s essentially become their WR3 over Washington. Vance is probably my TE #1 this week.

I figure Switzer gets 5 targets and Atlanta can’t tackle. Haha. I rarely play undersized Amendola types (I also hate lazy racial comparisons but I’m still drinking my coffee so I’ll just go with it) but for 4500, sure. If he gets a 4 I can still cash with everyone else going off as planned. If he happens to fall into the endzone (like he did on the 2 point conversion a few weeks ago) I’ll be way ahead at that spot for the price.

I’m lower on Vance versus Hooper because I googled “fantasy points vs TEs” and noticed that the Charmin Curtain was essentially a TE slot machine.

• lukemiller42

Michel’s running for 200 yards tonight.

• Mcdonacr

Bortles/Westbrook/Cole is the cheapest stack with highest upside

I also think this is the week to get off RB in the flex spot and go with a WR

Thielen at $7700 is a great price. You beat Philly through the air and I got a Thielen he has a great game

• thedkexperience

@lukemiller42 said...

Michel’s running for 200 yards tonight.

I’m dipping my toes in with Sony as a flex in one of my season long leagues. I love the talent but I’m not quite ready to trust Belicheck at the RB spot.

Always remember that while the first rule of fantasy is to know the rules, the second rule is that Belicheck and Popovich hate your fantasy teams.

• lukemiller42

@thedkexperience said...

I’m dipping my toes in with Sony as a flex in one of my season long leagues. I love the talent but I’m not quite ready to trust Belicheck at the RB spot.

Always remember that while the first rule of fantasy is to know the rules, the second rule is that Belicheck and Popovich hate your fantasy teams.

bill taking a rb in the 1st round and not spamming that rb for brady’s final seasons would be somewhat bizarre. I guess if you believe all the circus of him trying to sabotage the team…I think bill is all in on Michel. he has a history of wanting to just run run run vs the colts. old habits die hard.

• jv21

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

Need responses for survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X9P3KJL
    The survey is a copy of Draftkings NFL Week 5 Tiers Contest. Vote for a player from each tier. Use what ever criteria you want to pick the player. Will post results Saturday night. Thanks.

• CeeRob

Lineup construction is killing me tonight for showdown. But I can def see a scenario where Brady hits 25+ and luck tip toes 20 off the strength he’ll be throwing if script plays out. Do you go Brady D or both qbs and lucks receivers

• ASitar

I’m putting Gronk in 1 of my 4 Showdowns as Capatain. I think he will be lower owned than usual with the Q tag and his recent play. However, the Colts have allowed 311 yards to TEs and 1 TD and with Edelman back that should open up some room for Gronk and take away the double team. I know there are other cheaper Captain selections, but he is also one of the few players capable of 110 yards and 3 TDs when healthy. Also using White/Michel in all 4.

My 4 Captsins: Gronk, White, Hines, Pats D

GL tonight.

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

lol come on man. just asking a question

• squidkill

@ironhammer said...

what are the chances Edelman plays tonight?

why wouldn’t he??

• thedkexperience

@lukemiller42 said...

bill taking a rb in the 1st round and not spamming that rb for brady’s final seasons would be somewhat bizarre. I guess if you believe all the circus of him trying to sabotage the team…I think bill is all in on Michel. he has a history of wanting to just run run run vs the colts. old habits die hard.

Not about believing the circus at all. I still have money on the Pats going to the Super Bowl and have made many posts on here with a laughing gif at people proclaiming the death of the Pats.

My issue is that Belicheck is such a good coach that I think it’s folly to try and guess what type of offense he will use on a week to week basis. Yes, a 200 yard Sony Michel performance is possible. It’s also possible that BB just decides to have Brady throw it 60 times with 15 targets going to someone like Chris Hogan. BB is a riddle that we have yet to solve in 2 decades as a society so I’ve simply given up trying to guess at it.

I like taking my fantasy players from rigid coaches that never change like Mike Tomlin. Tomlin never splits carries and let’s Big Ben do whatever he wants. You can set your watch by his back getting 20 touches while Big Ben throws for a silly amount of yardage.

• Briancobb33

@Mcdonacr said...

Bortles/Westbrook/Cole is the cheapest stack with highest upside

I also think this is the week to get off RB in the flex spot and go with a WR

Thielen at $7700 is a great price. You beat Philly through the air and I got a Thielen he has a great game

I prefer the Carr, Cook, and Nelson stack on DK. The game total is a bit higher and Cooper is getting Heyward shadow coverage. I feel like it’s easier to predict targets in that trio.

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

i feel like thats what i want to do but its just weird playing mid tier wrs like i feel like they could all just lay an egg whereas i know AB will get targets. i think in my scenario it just comes down to the productivity between connor and yeldon. who will flourish more. like is connor a huge upgrade from yeldon? because if yeldon is like Gio last week – i can for sure have him in alongside AB. ugh i think im thinking way too into this

That is the whole thing this year- The Low/mid tier WR’s ARE getting the targets. The offenses are spreading the ball more and the target shares are being equally distributed on a number of teams.

• squidkill

@thedkexperience said...

Denver isn’t the west coast.

Close enough wise guy- you get the point

• thedkexperience

@squidkill said...

That is the whole thing this year- The Low/mid tier WR’s ARE getting the targets. The offenses are spreading the ball more and the target shares are being equally distributed on a number of teams.

To this point in the season you are 100% correct. Me taking a stand on JJ and AB is definitely contrarian to the overall evidence.

• thedkexperience

@squidkill said...

Close enough wise guy- you get the point

:)

• squidkill

@thedkexperience said...

:)

• machzeagher

@jv21 said...

Need responses for survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/X9P3KJL
    The survey is a copy of Draftkings NFL Week 5 Tiers Contest. Vote for a player from each tier. Use what ever criteria you want to pick the player. Will post results Saturday night. Thanks.

Do you ever post these results closer to Sunday? Pure curiosity, I don’t ever play tiers.

Edit: Can’t read, disregard.

• marker0357

• thedkexperience

@squidkill said...

Side note: I love your avatar. Beatlejuice (or however it is spelled) is from the town next to where I grew up. It’s so funny when you walk into a place for a sandwich and randomly have him in line in front of you. My buddy took a picture with him once. I see him like once every year or two. Very bizarre when it happens.

• squidkill

@thedkexperience said...

Side note: I love your avatar. Beatlejuice (or however it is spelled) is from the town next to where I grew up. It’s so funny when you walk into a place for a sandwich and randomly have him in line in front of you. My buddy took a picture with him once. I see him like once every year or two. Very bizarre when it happens.

God damn National Treasure is what he is- I’d die to get a selfie with that homey

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).