1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -3.5 ) —- T: 56
    4:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 6.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 52
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 4.5 ) at San Francisco ( -4.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Philadelphia ( -3 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : LA Rams ( -7 ) at Seattle ( 7 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 10/8
    8:15 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 52

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• NDNole

Here me out here. And I will take zero credit for this, but what about Montgomery this week? While running through game scripts I thought maybe he might get more run out of the backfield to help out with the potential loss of 3 wr’s for GB. Well lo and behold when I check his player card on DK that’s exactly what it said. I think an edge could be had here with him in the flex or at rb. Especially if he is playing wr this week more than people expect. Some people may have forgotten he used to be a wr. Just a thought. Over/under for that game is 51ish.

Correction: I found that nugget while reading Cobb’s player card.

• deeebo

@parrothead112 said...

Why Stafford over all the others in that price range?

who do you like more? watson for that price? i think that det/gb will most likely shootout and has the higher Over under. det passes a lot i think stafford should have a huge day. im sure dalton isnt bad tho either

• deeebo

also why has no one mentioned boyd? he’s still a solid play at 6.3 on FD right?

• hautalak

@NDNole said...

Here me out here. And I will take zero credit for this, but what about Montgomery this week? While running through game scripts I thought maybe he might get more run out of the backfield to help out with the potential loss of 3 wr’s for GB. Well lo and behold when I check his player card on DK that’s exactly what it said. I think an edge could be had here with him in the flex or at rb. Especially if he is playing wr this week more than people expect. Some people may have forgotten he used to be a wr. Just a thought. Over/under for that game is 51ish.

The only thing is I thought he was going to go wild in that game last year and I was largely disappointed in the outcome. I’m not sure if it will be the same since circumstances are different and he is cheaper but just a counterpoint.

• thedkexperience

@NDNole said...

I have a lot more Jones than I am comfortable with based completely on the Detroit defense being total garbage against the run. I see that Jones also has two straight great yards per carry days. What I’m hoping for … and I really hate hoping at RB especially with a team coached by Mike McCarthy … is that Jones sees about 15 carries and turns them into 100 yards ideally with a TD. I’m worried that I’ll get McCarthy’s into a 6 carry 41 yard game and if that happens … yup … I would think the most logical alternative game script would involve a ton of Montgomery dump off passes.

I’m mostly trying to be a week early on Jones instead of a week late. Detroit is totally garbage versus the run.

• ironhammer

I dunno, this is coming from a clueless Brit still trying to get to grips with the NFL. Thanks for clearing up though guys

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

My locks for this week (on DK);

RB: David Johnson

Price is down, match up is great just needs Wilkes to not be an idiot and give DJ 20+ touches.

WR: Adam Thielen

This should be a no brainier.

Flex: Ryan Switzer

I live in Dallas and remember all Cowgirls fans raving about this guy but for whatever reason he never caught on. I was surprised to see him traded to Oakland and even more surprised to see that he didn’t catch on there. The Steelers seem to really like this guy and has him made him a component in this offense thus far. Long term I do worry that once Leveon comes back he will fade into oblivion but for this week I think he will get a lot of run and eat into Connor’s production. We all know that Atlanta is fine letting guys catch passes in the middle of the field and it looks like Switzer could benefit greatly from that this week. At only $3,000 I’m willing to gamble he turns out 9-15 points with the possibility for more.

DEF- Ravens

This might be the best defense Baker sees all season long and I have a feeling this game will be ugly. So ugly it could cause Hue to lose his job. Fans already think this team should be 4-0 and blame Hue for not being 4-0. I could easily see them being 0-4, but none of that matters this week. The Ravens are a tough and aggressive defense with play makers at every level. The Browns hardly have any play makers and it will be too easy for the Ravens to shut this offense down. At 2800 on DK I’m all in.

• NDNole

@thedkexperience said...

I have a lot more Jones than I am comfortable with based completely on the Detroit defense being total garbage against the run. I see that Jones also has two straight great yards per carry days. What I’m hoping for … and I really hate hoping at RB especially with a team coached by Mike McCarthy … is that Jones sees about 15 carries and turns them into 100 yards ideally with a TD. I’m worried that I’ll get McCarthy’s into a 6 carry 41 yard game and if that happens … yup … I would think the most logical alternative game script would involve a ton of Montgomery dump off passes.

I’m mostly trying to be a week early on Jones instead of a week late. Detroit is totally garbage versus the run.

Yes that’s the dilemma. That could certainly be the case.

• thedkexperience

@deeebo said...

also why has no one mentioned boyd? he’s still a solid play at 6.3 on FD right?

I don’t like playing people against Miami because the Dolphins play at such a slow pace. Also Miami is about average against WRs as opposed to the total dumpster fire that Atlanta had last week. Add in an increase in price from 4.7 to 6.3 over the last two weeks and other viable options in that price range with solid match ups and there you go.

Certainly not a bad play. He could absolutely pull out a 12-120-1 line, but it smelled to me like a spot that was sharp to avoid since his ownership would likely be sky high on a 5-65-0 line.

I’m pretty much avoiding he and Calvin Ridley in hopes that they bust at extraordinarily high ownership.

• deeebo

@thedkexperience said...

I don’t like playing people against Miami because the Dolphins play at such a slow pace. Also Miami is about average against WRs as opposed to the total dumpster fire that Atlanta had last week. Add in an increase in price from 4.7 to 6.3 over the last two weeks and other viable options in that price range with solid match ups and there you go.

Certainly not a bad play. He could absolutely pull out a 12-120-1 line, but it smelled to me like a spot that was sharp to avoid since his ownership would likely be sky high.

Ugh you are making me rethink my game plan. Other options for that price include M williams – Golladay – Stills. But for cash don’t you think boyd is the safest and highest ceiling?

• lukemiller42

So touchdown regression for mccaffrey is in the back of my head. 0 through 3 games even C.J. has a receiving td. At home off a bye vs the giants I’m sure the plan is to get him 2 touchdowns. I find myself looking less at Gurley and more at Conner mccaffrey Gordon all in great matchups at home

• deeebo

@deeebo said...

Ugh you are making me rethink my game plan. Other options for that price include M williams – Golladay – Stills. But for cash don’t you think boyd is the safest and highest ceiling?

nevermind. I was able to go with Marvin Jones Jr instead if Boyd and go from Sutton to Switzer. Thanks lol. Im sure MJJ/Switzer is a better play this week than Boyd/Sutton

• squidkill

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

WR: Adam Thielen

This should be a no brainier.

Element says he’s Overrated.. Never Forget 2018

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

nevermind. I was able to go with Marvin Jones Jr instead if Boyd and go from Sutton to Switzer. Thanks lol. Im sure MJJ/Switzer is a better play this week than Boyd/Sutton

Switzer is trash and thin Sutton is trash and thin- set that on fire and start over-

• deeebo

@squidkill said...

Switzer is trash and thin Sutton is trash and thin- set that on fire and start over-

well I need one dart throw so Switzer it is

• keephustlincuz

@lukemiller42 said...

So touchdown regression for mccaffrey is in the back of my head. 0 through 3 games even C.J. has a receiving td. At home off a bye vs the giants I’m sure the plan is to get him 2 touchdowns. I find myself looking less at Gurley and more at Conner mccaffrey Gordon all in great matchups at home

Those are the 3 I am liking as well. You still have enough left to get decent wrs.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@thedkexperience said...

Certainly not a bad play. He could absolutely pull out a 12-120-1 line, but it smelled to me like a spot that was sharp to avoid since his ownership would likely be sky high for on a 5-65-0 line.

I’m pretty much avoiding he and Calvin Ridley in hopes that they bust at extraordinarily high ownership.

I’m sure AJ Green will see 100% of X, which gives Boyd the optimal match up. 49.5 total with Bengals being 6.5 point favs… I don’t see how Boyd could possibly bust (baring injury). If he was a touchdown dependent player I would fade. But he’s a easy 10 catch 100 yards guy and his price is decent. I don’t understand the logic in fading someone and HOPING they will bust just because they are chalk. Seems like some folks create narratives in their own minds on why a guy isnt a good play when he clearly is.

• thedkexperience

@deeebo said...

He will be very popular and certainly seems quite safe. Always keep in mind that I am a breakneck speed, shoot for the moon GPPer. I’ve been on a hot streak but at some point I will be absolutely dead wrong. It happens.

While my advice is always well researched and quite thought out, it could lead you off a cliff careening towards disaster in any given week. Always keep that in mind.

If you saw the text message between myself and my buddy the cash game expert that I bounce ideas off of it essentially is just him telling me I’m a lunatic and me calling him a pu… um… scaredy-cat.

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@squidkill said...

Element says he’s Overrated.. Never Forget 2018

Good match up, amazing volume and efficiency. If he turns out to be a bust I will happily flush my money down the toilet knowing I made the right play.

• deeebo

@thedkexperience said...

He will be very popular and certainly seems quite safe. Always keep in mind that I am a breakneck speed, shoot for the moon GPPer. I’ve been on a hot streak but at some point I will be absolutely dead wrong. It happens.

While my advice is always well researched and quite thought out, it could lead you off a cliff careening towards disaster in any given week. Always keep that in mind.

If you saw the text message between myself and my buddy the cash game expert that I bounce ideas off of it essentially is just him telling me I’m a lunatic and me calling him a pu… um… scaredy-cat.

Ok sounds good man. I am now debating whether I want to go with MJJ/Switzer or Boyd/Switzer or Boyd/Sutton lol. I already have AB in the line. I guess it comes down to who the safer play is for cash. boyd or MJJ? i feel like detroit has so many wrs that you never know who’s gonna have THAT day

• Ace15

RG Overall Ranking

As many others have mentioned I’m locking in David Johnson this week. Dude is too cheap in an awesome matchup and people will be off of him. Theilen and Ertz are also locks for me.

• thedkexperience

@w3stcoastoff3ns3 said...

I’m sure AJ Green will see 100% of X, which gives Boyd the optimal match up. 49.5 total with Bengals being 6.5 point favs… I don’t see how Boyd could possibly bust (baring injury). If he was a touchdown dependent player I would fade. But he’s a easy 10 catch 100 yards guy and his price is decent. I don’t understand the logic in fading someone and HOPING they will bust just because they are chalk. Seems like some folks create narratives in their own minds on why a guy isnt a good play when he clearly is.

Because it’s impossible to play every good player in every good spot even if you’re a 150 LU guy. I’m a 10 LU guy so there is absolutely no way I can cover every good spot.

So sometimes you just gotta make a stand and not play a guy in a good spot. Football is weird. Maybe he pulls his hammy. Maybe Uzamah goes ham. Maybe the Bengals lose. Maybe the Bengals pound the run. There are an infinite number of maybes in every game. If the most obvious gameplan happened every week we’d all be millionaires.

I agree that Boyd having a good day is possible and maybe even probable. What I also believe is that it is so obvious that anyone can find it and jam him in with confidence. If he does not show out – which is always possible with anyone in any given day – then I just got a leg up on 20 to 30% of the GPP. If he does, and I lose because of it, I’ll just move on to the next slate. Not a big deal.

• Brenmike922

Quick question for any Jags fans. Will A.J. Bouye slide over to cover Tyreke Hill now that Watkins is out and put Patmon on Chris Conley?

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@Brenmike922 said...

Quick question for any Jags fans. Will A.J. Bouye slide over to cover Tyreke Hill now that Watkins is out and put Patmon on Chris Conley?

I don’t think Jacksonville changes their coverage to shadow a certain player and Tyreek is all over the place in that offense (slot, backfield, split out wide). I could see them splitting Kelce out wide more to get Reek some favorable match ups in the slot.

• NDNole

@Brenmike922 said...

I watch the jags a lot. The corners on the outside pretty much stay on the outside. Anyone correct me if im wrong. Patmon can be beat but he plays really well as most cb’s do when there is pressure. If the jags are wise they better move ramsey on hill wherever he goes. AJ is very good corner but he gets beat by guys with real speed often, they just don’t seem to connect. Every game someone gets loose in his area there just isn’t enough time for the qb to hit it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler