1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -3.5 ) —- T: 56
    4:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 6.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 52
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 4.5 ) at San Francisco ( -4.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Philadelphia ( -3 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : LA Rams ( -7 ) at Seattle ( 7 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 10/8
    8:15 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 52

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RatedDAL

@monarch said...

Will Fuller couldn’t get deep on them in a 70 minute game where they scored 37 points. Colts are really good at limiting big outside plays.

Call it a gut feeling. Always trust your gut.

• AVivier

@CleverGroom said...

This is pretty much where my head’s at too. I like Hogan and Dorsett most, then Edelman and Patterson, and Gordon is still mostly off the radar for me (#CircleOfTrust).

Think about Jesse James having his big game when Vance McDonald came back. The following week was Vance week and a lot of folks were left scratching their heads. Fact is, it’s hard to come even from training to play professional football to playing 4 quarters of it. Very easy to pull a hammy, disappoint Brady with a mental lapse, get caught unprepared. Disproportionately high injury risk with guys returning from PED suspensions as well.

Having Edelman, Gronk, Hollister, and Gordon on the field is a huge bonus for other receivers who are positioned to exploit it. That’s White, Hogan, and Dorsett to my eye.

It’s all about the RBs in this one, though. More than anything I want to lock in White, Michel, and Hines, then let the rest of the pieces fall where they may.

Hogan, Dorsett, Michel and White are my main captains. I have Brady in every lineup, but all in the flex. I think Gordon would be captain worthy since he’s high variance and huge play and game potential, but the field I expect will be higher on him than they should.

• depalma13

@mbunner23 said...

Picking the right patriots WR is like a scratch off ticket.

Showdown is a scratch off ticket.

• CleverGroom

@depalma13 said...

Showdown is a scratch off ticket.

Your mom is a scratch-off ticket.

Ohhhhhhh, what now?

• DFScoholic

I just quit smoking crack and was using memes as a substitute but I’ll give the memes a break till Sunday

• DFScoholic

@CleverGroom said...

Ohhhhhhh, what now?

Oh yeah well I’m your step dad now

• nived131504

Grant or Rogers M-T 50/50 lineup

• monarch

@CleverGroom said...

First of all, the Colts played a 70-minute game last Sunday. That ended 96 hours ago. The Patriots starters didn’t even play 60 minutes, let alone 70, and they didn’t travel.

Second, I’m not sure people realize how hurt the Colts are. They have starters who are active in this game and not even warming up, because they’re too hurt to play, and they could only list 7 guys as inactive. SCB Kenny Moore is inactive. LCB Nate Hairston, the guy who was primarily responsible for defending Will Fuller last week, is active but won’t play.

They have 44 actually active players if you include LT Anthony Castonzo, who hasn’t been seen on the field to my knowledge. It could be closer to 42. Even their All-World, All-Time kicker has a groin injury.

There’s a good chance the Patriots can do whatever they want here. The only question is what that might be, exactly.

Colts are basically a bend dont break defense. Tonight they will learn towards the extreme with that and try and hold the Patriots to field goals…not an unreasonable strategy.

I have a hard time believing the Colts are going to allow Hogan, Gordon and Gronk to get deep. IMO it’s going to be a 30/40 type night for Brady with tons of White/Edelman and Dorsett.

• CleverGroom

@DFScoholic said...

Oh yeah well I’m your step dad now

Safer than being squidkill’s stepdad, I bet.

• CleverGroom

@monarch said...

Colts are basically a bend dont break defense. Tonight they will learn towards the extreme with that and try and hold the Patriots to field goals…not an unreasonable strategy.

I have a hard time believing the Colts are going to allow Hogan, Gordon and Gronk to get deep. IMO it’s going to be a 30/40 type night for Brady with tons of White/Edelman and Dorsett.

Brady and his pals have a say in that too. I don’t deny that a big part of the Colts’ improvement has been better coaching. I just think they’re walking into an utter buzzsaw and try as they might, they’re going to get gashed in whatever way the Pats see fit.

• Bustercherry33

I love Edelman because Vegas does, the only reason I need. He has the highest projected yards 68 (Gronk 63) and recs 6 (started at 5) and good odds for a TD. If it was any qb but Brady I might not be as heavy but even if Edelman is a step off Brady will hit him often because he can count on him to catch it. Coming off suspension is a lot different than injury. After watching all of the bad choices Luck made last week I would worry more about him coming off years of injury.

I haven’t seen much talk about Zach Pascal. . Pascal is only 2k and projected in Vegas at over 35 yards and 3.5 recs!! Impressive. Obviously I would be more than happy with 7pts for 2k because it opens up room for White who will get a lot of dump pass points plus rushing yards with a nice lead. The writer talking about the Colts injuries is so right, this game will be NASTY!

• JsDrmn

Thinking about fading Luck completely tonight, since there’s no (viable) way to play him and Brady in one lineup. What say you guys? I’m on FD, single entry, two lineups.

• keephustlincuz

@CleverGroom said...

Squid has no male relatives.

• richierich

I think I’m taking Pascal for super cheap on FD over the other Colts WR’s.

• realphipps

I know it’s a Pats home game this time around, but this feels way too much like DET/NE two weeks ago.

The big question for that showdown was, which Pats do you play in a sure-to-be slaughter. Except that didn’t happen.

Having said that, I’m heavy on the Pats tonight in what I personally see as a 27-19 kinda game (I would bet heavy on the under if I could wager without visiting an offshore site)

Also, I’m playing Automatic Adam, whether he has a groin or not.

• depalma13

@CleverGroom said...

Ohhhhhhh, what now?

Classy

• JsDrmn

Hell, I may only end up playing a single Colts player in one of these.

• ASitar

Watch Turbin punch a couple of TDs in before halftime. Wouldn’t that be some ish

• thedkexperience

So I’m really the only person playing a Luck stack?

• JsDrmn

@ASitar said...

Watch Turbin punch a couple of TDs in before halftime. Wouldn’t that be some ish

Kinda want to slide him in one lineup solely because of his price point. But I know that’s a fool’s errand.

• mike42

@CleverGroom said...

CG, you been drinking? Talking about people’s parents isn’t normally you thing. I would think someone hacked your account except for the posts about who’s warming up at Gillette stadium. That’s your thing.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@ASitar said...

I have some of him for that reason. He’s supposed to used a “situational” role. We all know what that role is. Vulture all the TD’s.

• Kamais_Ookin

Am I the only one playing pats dst on captain? Or even pats dst at all? lol.

• P0key

@jriesel315 said...

Does Edelman being back legitimize Hogan as a GPP dart or is he falling into the deep end of the depths chart?

Only Have 3 LUs and Hogan is my mvp in one.. these options tonight are a truely gamble..

• theghostofveebs

@thedkexperience said...

So I’m really the only person playing a Luck stack?

Not at all. I’ve got one Colts + Sony stack.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).