1:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 3.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -3.5 ) —- T: 56
    4:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 6.5 ) at LA Chargers ( -6.5 ) —- T: 52
    4:25 PM EST : Arizona ( 4.5 ) at San Francisco ( -4.5 ) —- T: 41
    4:25 PM EST : Minnesota ( 3 ) at Philadelphia ( -3 ) —- T: 44.5
    4:25 PM EST : LA Rams ( -7 ) at Seattle ( 7 ) —- T: 49
    8:20 PM EST : Dallas ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 45

Monday, 10/8
    8:15 PM EST : Washington ( 7 ) at New Orleans ( -7 ) —- T: 52

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• miggs6876

@mike42 said...

I like Minny/Philly for a blowup spot. Total is low but I’d take the O’s over the D’s in this game. Minny D doesn’t travel well and Philly’s D is a pass funnel D that should have major problems with Minny’s pass catchers. Like that Philly coming off an OT game and is obviously experiencing a super bowl hangover. I posted before BUF how Cousins doesn’t seem to play well vs bad teams but usually does vs the good ones, like the Rams or Philly. Just think this game flys over the total and the scoring should be concentrated via the pass game. Think Minny wins a shootout. They are too good to go 1-3-1 and I’m selling Philly all year. Most teams not named NE drop off after playing in the super bowl and think are still a notch below public perception.

Interesting read Mike. Never really considered thus game. Time to reconsider.

• Ace15

@mike42 said...

I like Minny/Philly for a blowup spot. Total is low but I’d take the O’s over the D’s in this game. Minny D doesn’t travel well and Philly’s D is a pass funnel D that should have major problems with Minny’s pass catchers. Like that Philly coming off an OT game and is obviously experiencing a super bowl hangover. I posted before BUF how Cousins doesn’t seem to play well vs bad teams but usually does vs the good ones, like the Rams or Philly. Just think this game flys over the total and the scoring should be concentrated via the pass game. Think Minny wins a shootout. They are too good to go 1-3-1 and I’m selling Philly all year. Most teams not named NE drop off after playing in the super bowl and think are still a notch below public perception.

Shhhhh…I love this game too.

• keephustlincuz

@miggs6876 said...

Interesting read Mike. Never really considered thus game. Time to reconsider.

How would you go about stacking this game? It’s hard to fit the expensive pieces in.

• wafic

@Ace15 said...

Shhhhh…I love this game too.

Interesting since Philly D pops up in my model and I immediately didn’t like it. I think Baltimore, Tenn, and Carolina Ds will be the most popular. As far as game stacks, I’m leaning OAK-LAC game, going with Rivers, Gordon, Tyrell, and M Williams since he burned some people last week. Running it back with Cook and Bryant. i think Rivers has 3 TD easy.

I pretty much agree with most sentiment about Atlanta on the road. I just don’t want to go there. I like the Detroit passing game this week, You can play Stafford with just about any WR, or all of them in a stack.

David Johnson, super cheap. One off the board RB that intrigues me due to his price is LeSean McCoy. At 4900 he’s too cheap. He’s had a couple of weeks to heal up. He saw 6 targets last week. Not sure why he’s not being talked up.

• lineupofpeace

@wafic said...

Interesting since Philly D pops up in my model and I immediately didn’t like it.

I like Philly D as well with their pass rush playing at home vs the Vikings weak offensive line. Not to say that Cousins can’t have a good fantasy game, but could see him getting sacked and turning it over a few times.

• MrFreeze53

@rdchampion said...

Had a good week this week. Won 5k although it was tilting being so close to a live qualifier. Also Marvin Jones looks like a strong play this week.

Why does Marvin Jones look like a strong play to you?

• Ace15

@MrFreeze53 said...

Take it from a Packers Fan, He eats against GB, for some reason he just crushes. Play him, dont think twice.

• deeebo

thoughts on Yeldon if LF is out? wonder if gordon/gurley/yeldon is solid for Fd cash

• fettycat050385

I see starks all the time, went to school with him. He was are qb and a member of our 2005 US Ranked #2 basketball team. Him and johnny flynn (cosins) used to ball.

• parrothead112

Joe Flacco seems interesting, or is the Browns defense still a thing?

• Ronboogie6

@ASitar said...

A little off topic, but a quick message to my DFS-aholics that may want some extra money for tomorrow’s Showdown or this weekend. Play the NBA preseason slate tonight. I play nba regular season but don’t pay attention to anything nba prior to the season. Last night I read through the Rotogrinders 10/1 forum and quickly googled the team pages for last nights game info and made $8 off my $5 buy-in. Basically, you just have to play starters who are projected to get 20-25 minutes and maybe a couple of players that a coach wants to see more of (team articles). I put up 214 points and the winner had 280 and I put in about 30 minutes of research while at my sons football practice. GL if you give it a try. It’s a pretty small slate tonight so not much to research.

I’ve been putting 4 to 8 lus in the .25 satellite to the Sunday milly on fd with low buy in gpps. Haven’t won any tickets yet but have been cashing in the gpps. Just gotta try and find guaranteed min. Like the rockets last night.

• deeebo

@parrothead112 said...

Joe Flacco seems interesting, or is the Browns defense still a thing?

rather play bortles and $200 less

• deeebo

Fournette out. Confirmed

• lineupofpeace

@MrFreeze53 said...

Leads the team in air yards and RZ targets and is priced well below Golladay/Tate.

• parrothead112

@deeebo said...

rather play bortles and $200 less

So scared of Bortles

• Mcdonacr

RG Overall Ranking

@lineupofpeace said...

Per ProFootballReference, Ryan has thrown 137 TDs at home vs 133 on the road. YPG is actually slightly higher at 267 on the road vs 264 at home. He’s not as efficient on the road (lower completion percentage and YPA) but likely offset by their defense not playing as well on the road leading to more pass attempts.

Compare that to Ben who has 193 TDs at home vs 144 on the road.

I think Ryan is fine this week, with the Steelers pass defense being atrocious and Ben being far better at home.

The Falcons will have to score 40+ points to win this game and they know that

Matt Ryan outside is perfectly fine when its not cold. Hes going to smash as the Steelers will do whatever they want on offense. Grady Jarrett now out as well which leaves glaring holes at every level of our defense. Ryan will throw for 300+ and 3 scores with his eyes closed

Perfectly acceptable to stack Ryan-Jones-Ridley and run it back with JuJu and Conner or just 1 of them. I think it will be quite contrarian to pay up at WR as everyone is going to pay up at RB. I also dont hate Ito Smith @$3k if Freeman is still out. Hes getting 12-14 touches a game and sees goal line work as well as targets out of the backfield

• Dunzor

@mtdurham said...

PPR really needs to go or at least be reduced to 0.5 points. It’s gotten absurd. At the very least i think a good compromise would be not to award RB’s points for catches.

So shouldn’t you just play on FD then? They’ve been 0.5 PPR since the beginning

• squidkill

@fettycat050385 said...

I see starks all the time, went to school with him. He was are qb and a member of our 2005 US Ranked #2 basketball team. Him and johnny flynn (cosins) used to ball.

James Starks message board talk. This is some epic shit right here.

• deeebo

do you guys like AB or M Thomas this week? Thomas coming off a bad game? for cash

• wafic

@Ace15 said...

Take it from a Packers Fan, He eats against GB, for some reason he just crushes. Play him, dont think twice.

Jones is #1 WR on my model.

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

do you guys like AB or M Thomas this week? Thomas coming off a bad game? for cash

So why are we chasing the top- end high priced WR for cash games.???. You guys know what the winning formula has been in weeks 1-4 right?
    Are we all paying attention here?

• deeebo

@squidkill said...

So why are we chasing the top- end high priced WR for cash games.???. You guys know what the winning formula has been in weeks 1-4 right?
    Are we all paying attention here?

yes i know. pay up for rb. which is what i have been doing. but this week if i still pay up for rb and go gordon/gurley/YELDON i can still fit in a high WR like AB. thats what was done last week with kamara/zeke/Gio and AB. i mean i guess i can drop yeldon and play another high RB but what are some better plays? connor? saquan?

• squidkill

@deeebo said...

yes i know. pay up for rb. which is what i have been doing. but this week if i still pay up for rb and go gordon/gurley/YELDON i can still fit in a high WR like AB. thats what was done last week with kamara/zeke/Gio and AB. i mean i guess i can drop yeldon and play another high RB but what are some better plays? connor? saquan?

You must play FD then- – no way you can fit those on DK- Id rather play JUJU at the discount

• squidkill

There is a REAL discrepancy this year between FD and DK? I only play on DK for football- FD seems so loose this year-

• deeebo

@squidkill said...

You must play FD then- – no way you can fit those on DK- Id rather play JUJU at the discount

yeah haha. last week i was able to go zeke gio kamara. and still manage to fit in AB. and got 1st in my FD league. im thinking this week Gurley Gordon Yeldon and fit in AB along with boyd. i mean i guess i could pay all the way up for RB and throw out yeldon but then id have alll low WRs

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).