1:00 PM EST : Los Angeles ( 3 ) at Detroit ( -3 ) —- T: 44
    1:00 PM EST : Baltimore ( 3 ) at NY Giants ( -3 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( 2 ) at Oakland ( -2 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 4.5 ) at Green Bay ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Seattle ( -6 ) —- T: 45.5
    8:30 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3.5 ) at Houston ( -3.5 ) —- T: 46

Monday, October 17th
    8:30 PM EST : NY Jets ( 6.5 ) at Arizona ( -6.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• lineupofpeace

@econbrah11 said...

You are silly if you don’t play the Bills D this week. It is the chalkiest of all the chalk play this week.

Yeah so when the expensive chalk defense scores 8 pts and the low owned defense lucks into 2 tds, you’ll be happy you went went with the Bills right?

Defense is the easiest position to fade the chalk given the variance.

• killakong

@Richebee said...

Weather in Seattle is gnarly

Oakland might be pretty nasty too. If anyone can convince me the weather won’t affect the game, please say so. I have a hard time starting these guys in the weather vs guys in sunshine and domes

• RobertoTomba

What do you think of this ultra cheap lineup filler: Chris Conley ($4600 on FD), 23 targets in 4 games, going against a godawful Raiders secondary that I expect Alex Smith to shred. I’m playing Smith and Maclin already, so this makes a bargain 3-player stack ($18,300 for 3 players).

• Razzle11

@lineupofpeace said...

Yeah so when the expensive chalk defense scores 8 pts and the low owned defense lucks into 2 tds, you’ll be happy you went went with the Bills right?

Defense is the easiest position to fade the chalk given the variance.

I guess on a week to week basis. I don’t agree with your variance thought, basically all defenses average between 4 and 9 points. There are obviously two below 4 and then just a couple above 9 at this point in the season. That “variance” of a 5 point range is very small compared to WR’s.

Yes, in theory you could play just about any D and hope they get you a TD (which is the most important part for D scoring), however don’t you want to play the defenses in the best spots to score that TD?

Players luck into things all the time, if we went with the luck into X stat theory, then you can say that about any WR or TE basically?

• RobertoTomba

@killakong said...

Oakland might be pretty nasty too. If anyone can convince me the weather won’t affect the game, please say so. I have a hard time starting these guys in the weather vs guys in sunshine and domes

I’m not sure what people are seeing that’s worrying them so much. Light Rain predicted in Seattle, and a drizzle in Oakland. Bookmark this site and check periodically (they update every hour):

http://nflweather.com/

• killakong

Michael Thomas or Cameron Meredith? I’m digging in the bargain bin and have it down to these 2. Other bargain bin WR recommendations are accepted here

• Razzle11

@RobertoTomba said...

I’m not sure what people are seeing that’s worrying them so much. Light Rain predicted in Seattle, and a drizzle in Oakland. Bookmark this site and check periodically (they update every hour):

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nfl-week-6-sneak-peek-wet-and-windy-1475260

• bolu

@Heterodox said...

Does anyone use PFR? I try to use drive stats to get a base expectation for things like points, touchdowns, pass/run attempts, turnovers, etc., but I keep getting these crazy numbers for some match ups, and I noticed that the number of games played on offense and defense doesn’t match up for every team. Like, Jacksonville’s defensive drive stats for road games are based on 3 games played, but their offensive drive stats (also for road games) are based on only 1 game.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this just something they do to make their data unusable by those who don’t pay for subscriptions?

Jacksonville played 1 road game. If you don’t select any teams, they give you the drive stats from the offense’s perspective. Jacksonville defense was the home team for three games when teams listed in the offensive drive stats were on the road.

• RobertoTomba

@Razzle11 said...

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nfl-week-6-sneak-peek-wet-and-windy-1475260

Thanks. It’s good to consider all sources of information, In baseball season, I used to look at weather reports – which is understandable – but they usually played through bad weather. I know the effects are different, but I’ve rarely seen rain hurt the passing game. High winds, on the other hand…

• Richebee

@RobertoTomba said...

Just go to weather.com and it’s the front page story

Northwest Onslaught: Worst still to come.

• Ty127

Any Cash musts on DK?

• gillio

Brees averaging 33 fantasy points at home this year. Dont sleep on him

• gillio

Brees-Thomas or Cam-Tavon

• Csquared1987

This is the week Rodgers throws 5TDs at 5% owned

• WestCrook1

@Ty127 said...

Any Cash musts on DK?

Kaep or Keenum

• schmitter01

Why is Ben not in play for cash this week? NOBODY is talking about him and personally I think his floor is just as high as Cam’s, if not higher. Ben/AB/Bell are go-to cash game staples nearly every week, you plug them in and you’re set up to win. People are concerned about the home/away splits but the reality is they’re playing a Miami defense that is atrocious – I genuinely believe they have the worst secondary in the league. Rookie CB Xavier Howard is out after just having surgery, which means AB and Coates are going to be covered by Tyler Lippett and Byron “bunt toast” Maxwell. Tyler Lippett is allowing QB’s a 142.9 QB Rating when targeting him which is good for fifth worst among all corners. Byron Maxwell, who was benched before Howard got injured, is my least favorite football player in the league – the guy is as slow as an offensive lineman and plays with less heart than the Grinch would. Not to mention, as some Eagles fans may recall, last year he gave up the 11th most fantasy points per target – and this year he clearly has played no better thus getting benched. Pryor, Green, and Baldwin all had outstanding games vs. this secondary – and none of them (nor their respective QB’s) are as consistent or, frankly, as good as Ben and AB. Cam is going to be running vs. NO this week, they need to win so I think that much is a given. Teams have been targeting his head time and time again this year, so I think the risk for reinjury is very real. Any thoughts guys?

• gillio

• MisterMister

Less heart than the Grinch. That’s now in my vocab. Much obliged.

• IronMonkey415

REDDICK OFFICIALLY OUT

• schmitter01

@gillio Just a warning on Ryan Mathews, starting right tackle and best lineman on the Eagles Lane Johnson was just suspended for 10 games, they’re starting a 5th rd rookie in his place. Also, he lost a fumble late in the 4th quarter last week in Detroit that ultimately led to the loss. If I were Pederson I’d roll with Sproles/Barner/Smallwood, the latter two looked great vs Pitt. Of course I could be wrong, but I think it’ll be a committee this week so I’d exercise caution on Philly backs.

• Gheag2014

@Ty127 said...

Any Cash musts on DK?

Meridith and bell

• Gheag2014

@schmitter01 said...

Why is Ben not in play for cash this week? NOBODY is talking about him and personally I think his floor is just as high as Cam’s, if not higher. Ben/AB/Bell are go-to cash game staples nearly every week, you plug them in and you’re set up to win. People are concerned about the home/away splits but the reality is they’re playing a Miami defense that is atrocious – I genuinely believe they have the worst secondary in the league. Rookie CB Xavier Howard is out after just having surgery, which means AB and Coates are going to be covered by Tyler Lippett and Byron “bunt toast” Maxwell. Tyler Lippett is allowing QB’s a 142.9 QB Rating when targeting him which is good for fifth worst among all corners. Byron Maxwell, who was benched before Howard got injured, is my least favorite football player in the league – the guy is as slow as an offensive lineman and plays with less heart than the Grinch would. Not to mention, as some Eagles fans may recall, last year he gave up the 11th most fantasy points per target – and this year he clearly has played no better thus getting benched. Pryor, Green, and Baldwin all had outstanding games vs. this secondary – and none of them (nor their respective QB’s) are as consistent or, frankly, as good as Ben and AB. Cam is going to be running vs. NO this week, they need to win so I think that much is a given. Teams have been targeting his head time and time again this year, so I think the risk for reinjury is very real. Any thoughts guys?

Because he’s historically not as good on the road

• gillio

Olsen or Elliot ? (DK)

• Gheag2014

@econbrah11 said...

Pick two : Jarvis Landry / Jeremy Maclin / Will Fuller

Fuller Landry

• thegeneral391

how’s the weather in Seattle? windy and wet too?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).