1:00 PM EST : Los Angeles ( 3 ) at Detroit ( -3 ) —- T: 44
    1:00 PM EST : Baltimore ( 3 ) at NY Giants ( -3 ) —- T: —
    4:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( 2 ) at Oakland ( -2 ) —- T: 46.5
    4:25 PM EST : Dallas ( 4.5 ) at Green Bay ( -4.5 ) —- T: —
    4:25 PM EST : Atlanta ( 6 ) at Seattle ( -6 ) —- T: 45.5
    8:30 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 3.5 ) at Houston ( -3.5 ) —- T: 46

Monday, October 17th
    8:30 PM EST : NY Jets ( 6.5 ) at Arizona ( -6.5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• mellofellowsu

@CleverGroom said...

As for Case Keenum, he wasn’t a wise start either. He just happened to pay off anyway. I don’t think the facts supported a Case or Brock play, outside of throwing what you understand are low-probability darts

Are we talking GPP or cash? I would assume you’re talking about cash which is fine.

As far as GPP goes, you have no shot to post one of these extreme scores needed to win unless you hit on an improbable performance from one or more players. Doesn’t have to be at QB but you have to take a chance somewhere or else you’re finishing in the middle of the pack.

• Ipt007

Christ, make another read A$$W.

• Davey224

3 more Novak FG’s and I’ll be happy. Since Brock O’Shitweiler would still miss open receivers in a high school game.

• kpquick24

I’d like to see Miller play QB over Brock.

• CleverGroom

@mellofellowsu said...

Are we talking GPP or cash?

I’m talking both. I get what you’re saying, and I agree as far as it goes, but I don’t think there was a strong case that Keenum or Brock puts up one of those performances this week. You’re throwing darts at that point. And that’s fine, as long as you’ve got a strategy that allows you to do that successfully. Certainly can’t turn around and complain if you get into the game and a bad player plays bad (even if it’s against a bad D).

• mbyrd75

@CleverGroom said...

I’m talking both. I get what you’re saying, and I agree as far as it goes, but I don’t think there was a strong case that Keenum or Brock puts up one of those performances this week. You’re throwing darts at that point. And that’s fine, as long as you’ve got a strategy that allows you to do that successfully. Certainly can’t turn around and complain if you get into the game and a bad player plays bad (even if it’s against a bad D).

100% agree. That’s the difference between being results based in your review of the week and process based. Was it a bad play that got worked out or a good play that didn’t work out etc. Like Jerick McKinnon last week. I’ll argue til I’m dead that it was not only a good play but the right play. Just didn’t work out. At no point this season or likely for the rest of the season will Case Keenum be either the right play or a good play. It might work out but that doesn’t make it right.

• Darkman33

@CleverGroom said...

I don’t have any Brock… But with the matchup and price.. I don’t think it was a bad play, just isn’t working out.

• crazydaisy2013

@mbyrd75 said...

That’s the difference between being results based in your review of the week and process based. Was it a bad play that got worked out or a good play that didn’t work out etc. Like Jerick McKinnon last week. I’ll argue til I’m dead that it was not only a good play but the right play. Just didn’t work out. At no point this season or for the rest of the season will Case Keenum be either the right play or a good play. It might work out but that doesn’t make it right.

He makes it into multi entry lineups that are scripted. No one other than die hard rams fans plays him

• deactivated66527

LMAO at Bill O’Brien “I have no idea”

• mbyrd75

@Darkman33 said...

I don’t have any Brock… But with the matchup and price.. I don’t think it was a bad play, just isn’t working out.

I won’t argue with Brock really. I mean I didn’t touch him even in the Sun-Mon just because of the offense and how inefficient it’s been. That’s including Miller. I expressed that about 30 pages back. It’s been really reallly bad. That being said I couldn’t fault anyone for chasing the matchup. The Keenum play to me is one that is a dart throw. It worked today but arguing it as anything else is just being silly.

• CleverGroom

Yeah…I think the factor we need to remember with McKinnon is that his O line holds him hostage. It’s a shame. He’s a fantastic athlete.

Poor Bill O’Brien. He deserves better.

• specvspeed03

I thought Keenum was a great play this week, I had him at about 15% of 150 LUs. Minimum salary only needed 15-20 to make 3x-4x value. My only mistake was I had Tavon Austin in almost all of them

• crazydaisy2013

@specvspeed03 said...

I thought Keenum was a great play this week, I had him at about 15% of 150 LUs. Minimum salary only needed 15-20 to make 3x-4x value. My only mistake was I had Tavon Austin in almost all of them

The line was 43.5 and theyre two of the slowest paced teams in football. I guess you have a crystal ball

• specvspeed03

Again he only needed 15-20 which is really 200-250 yards and 2 tds. I was in love with Austin this week and figured if I expected him to be a great play then Keenum had to be decent for that to happen. Detroit is giving up crazy points to QBs with Gurley getting more passes that just gives him another weapon that can make a play

• specvspeed03

Dont get me wrong I had Cam, Brees, Brady all at higher % but on a points per dollar basis he was a great play imo

• kpquick24

Lets get a Lamar Miller Touchdown now!

• Darkman33

I had a some Tavon too… Didn’t see Britt going off… Today was the first time I actually tried working on the DK site and not the app… I must say, I think that website is not user friendly. I hit export thinking it was going to put my line-ups in excel form and it duplicated my one l/up. Spent the 12pm hour deleting l/ups. User error yeah, but was tough to navigate

• CleverGroom

I actually think the LA@DET line was low on its face, but that still doesn’t mean Case Keenum throws for 3 TDs and runs for 1. The opportunity cost for rostering a low-ceiling QB this week would’ve had me off him even if I thought he was a lock to 3x-4x. It’s amazing how many things broke in his favor.

Let’s not ignore Mariota either. Dude went HAM in a game that was almost universally expected to be an easy win for Tennessee. Even worse, his TEs—one of whom is excellent at football—are almost completely uninvolved against the worst TE defense in the league. Pretty weird day.

• crazydaisy2013

@specvspeed03 said...

Again he only needed 15-20 which is really 200-250 yards and 2 tds. I was in love with Austin this week and figured if I expected him to be a great play then Keenum had to be decent for that to happen. Detroit is giving up crazy points to QBs with Gurley getting more passes that just gives him another weapon that can make a play

I see what what you’re saying but 15-20 points isn’t all that likely considering the line, the public betting, and the potential game script.

• crazydaisy2013

@specvspeed03 said...

Dont get me wrong I had Cam, Brees, Brady all at higher % but on a points per dollar basis he was a great play imo

So you had very little bell?

• specvspeed03

Yeah Delanie I didnt understand…I guess they didnt watch the Pats game against Cle last week

• bologo

No love for Strong tonight…sigh

• deactivated66527

There’s Miller with the long awaited TD

• specvspeed03

@crazydaisy2013 said...

So you had very little bell?

I had Bell around 10%…and then ended up around 15% after I saw Coates might not be very effective I figured that meant more Bell. But I liked too many other studs that were cheaper (Mccoy, Miller, Michael, Murray)

• CleverGroom

HA! Novak hooked the PAT! That couldn’t have gone any better.

For me, at least. Sorry, Novak owners….

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).