NFL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Our friends at Fanball have launched a new DFS format that we think is incredibly unique and insanely fun! As an exclusive bonus only for RG-referrals, get a $20 deposit bonus when you deposit $20 or more on Fanball using our link below!.
    GET YOUR EXCLUSIVE $20 DEPOSIT BONUS ON FANBALL

Thursday, 10/11
    8:20 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -2.5 ) at NY Giants ( 2.5 ) —- T: 45

Sunday, 10/14
    1:00 PM EST : Chicago ( -3 ) at Miami ( 3 ) —- T: 44.5
    1:00 PM EST : Arizona ( 10.5 ) at Minnesota ( -10.5 ) —- T: 43
    1:00 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 3.5 ) at Atlanta ( -3.5 ) —- T: 57.5
    1:00 PM EST : Indianapolis ( 2.5 ) at NY Jets ( -2.5 ) —- T: 45.5
    1:00 PM EST : Seattle ( -2.5 ) at Oakland ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47.5
    1:00 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 2.5 ) at Cincinnati ( -2.5 ) —- T: 54
    1:00 PM EST : Buffalo ( 8.5 ) at Houston ( -8.5 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : Carolina ( 2 ) at Washington ( -2 ) —- T: —
    1:00 PM EST : LA Chargers ( -1 ) at Cleveland ( 1 ) —- T: 45.5
    4:05 PM EST : LA Rams ( -7 ) at Denver ( 7 ) —- T: 52.5
    4:25 PM EST : Baltimore ( -1.5 ) at Tennessee ( 1.5 ) —- T: 42
    4:25 PM EST : Jacksonville ( -2 ) at Dallas ( 2 ) —- T: —
    8:20 PM EST : Kansas City ( 3 ) at New England ( -3 ) —- T: 58.5

Monday, 10/15
    8:15 PM EST : San Francisco ( 10 ) at Green Bay ( -10 ) —- T: 46.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NFL strategy talk for this weeks games. Post referring to last weeks games will be moved to last weeks NFL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ASitar

@sox9 said...

Had Barkley as my MVP, Alshon, Corey and ODB—just barely cashed. Showdowns—That’s why I only do one or two small entries. Need a perfect LU or it’s not worth it.

Depending on the game, I do 3-5 LUs. With so many options at the top I did 5. If the Ravens/Titans game was a Showdown, I’d do 2. I try to think outside the box, pick the right 2 chalky plays, pick a few mid tier guys I like and a $1,000 or less punt. Obviously if a stud blows up, you need him at Captain. I try not to put a “cash” player at Captain, or a guy that doesn’t have a chance to blow up. I’d rather put a kicker or a DST at Captain than a player like Demaryus Thomas who costs $2k more. This Sunday’s Primetime Showdown should be insane.

• DFScoholic

@ASitar said...

Depending on the game, I do 3-5 LUs. With so many options at the top I did 5. If the Ravens/Titans game was a Showdown, I’d do 2. I try to think outside the box, pick the right 2 chalky plays, pick a few mid tier guys I like and a $1,000 or less punt. Obviously if a stud blows up, you need him at Captain. I try not to put a “cash” player at Captain, or a guy that doesn’t have a chance to blow up. I’d rather put a kicker or a DST at Captain than a player like Demaryus Thomas who costs $2k more. This Sunday’s Primetime Showdown should be insane.

Who you got winning?

• DFScoholic

Give me games that will be highest scoring this week

• jjpk

@Kamais_Ookin said...

On DK, Is Keke Coutee a lock for cash (only $4600), or does he have a bad match up vs bills? Fuller might be back to full health by then which may cut into his targets a bit. Trying to decide between Coutee and Hopkins who gets double digit targets and seems match up proof.

In Coutee’s price range I was also considering Grant or Chester wr’s instead if Hilton isn’t able to play, particularly leaning on Chester. What do you guys think?

I think you have to wait until final injury report on that one. All 3 WRs for HOU are dinged up in some form or fashion. I have him plugged into a LU but am ready to swap him out for Sanu (FD) if he’s still hobbled Sunday.

I like Rogers if TY is out. But I think I like Swoope more if Doyle is also out.

• squidkill

@DFScoholic said...

Give me games throw will be highest scoring this week

Huh?-

• bigez952

@ASitar said...

I cashed in my Elliot Captain LU. Had Elliot (15 DK points), Wentz, OBJ, Barkley, Alshon, Smallwood. If it’s a low scoring game and the kicker is the key factor in points then it’s not a bad play. He also barely missed a 54 yarder.

A kicker as a captain isn’t a bad play if your goal is only min cash now and then. Even in low scoring games guys will rake up receptions and yards to make them better captain plays. I suppose a kicker in the captain spot if the one in a million game flow happens and a team wins 15-0 with all of the offense being spread out evenly so no one gets the 100 yard bonus and the defense that allowed 0 points didn’t get any turnovers or sacks so they were stuck will only 10 points. With all the new rules skewing to making the NFL an offensive game I can’t imagine there will be many 0 TD games in the showdown mode this year.

I agree with mtdurham in that if you played a kicker every showdown slate sure you may min cash here and there but it is going to be a losing strategy in the long run.

• DFScoholic

@squidkill said...

Huh?-

Give me games that will be highest scoring this week

• squidkill

too much showdown talk- It’s a crap shoot minimal skill required- Let’s discuss the main slate- Cash RB’s on DK — Mccaff/Gordon/Mixon/Yeldon/ etc……

• squidkill

@squidkill said...

too much showdown talk- It’s a crap shoot minimal skill required- Let’s discuss the main slate- Cash RB’s on DK — Mccaff/Gordon/Mixon/Yeldon/ etc……

Julio Cash game lock? 7,900?

• ASitar

Jordy Nelson or Amari Cooper? Baldwin or Lockett? Thielen or Diggs? DK GPP

• osuryanf

@ASitar said...

Can’t answer all of them, but as of right now Thielen is the play over Diggs every time until proven otherwise.

• brendanhorton

@squidkill said...

Julio Cash game lock? 7,900?

I can’t quit Julio. I’m on him, with everyone else.

• Njsum1

@squidkill said...

Seems like Tevin Coleman would be the first player in my lineups if Freeman is out. Don’t mind taking a chance on Ito Smith in a lineup or 2 for 3100 as well.

• Soma919

@squidkill said...

@squidkill said… Julio Cash game lock? 7,900?

Olsens return will cut into Mccaffs usage a bit but the Redskins can be run on. Im not as high on Gordon this week, I’m higher on the Browns D than most. I see the Bengals getting a lead early and leaning on Mixon. Yeldon doesn’t do it for me this week, he will get the usage but I would look to Zeke for $500 more on an offense that literally runs through him.

Mccaff > Gordon, lock in Mixon, Zeke > Yeldon. And yes Julio is absolutely a lock for 7,900. High game total, home in the dome, great history against Bucs, massive target share. Checks all the boxes, he is solid without even needing to find the endzone.

• Soma919

Also keep an eye on Crowell and Hiltons statuses. If Crowell and Hilton sit I am locking in Powell and Chester Rogers in cash and probably GPPs too. Actually I am leaning towards locking in Rogers regardless of Hiltons status.

• mdritter3d

@ASitar said...

Thielen over diggs, I like Baldwin to bounce back in a spot most will be off him after 1 catch for 1 yd, give me the upside of cooper over jordy. These are all questions I have in a lot of my lineups. I mixed and matched a lot of these combos. Along with my core plays

• mdritter3d

@Soma919 said...

Also keep an eye on Crowell and Hiltons statuses. If Crowell and Hilton sit I am locking in Powell and Chester Rogers in cash and probably GPPs too. Actually I am leaning towards locking in Rogers regardless of Hiltons status.

Hilton looks very iffy to play Rogers and Ryan Grant will be good pivots on some of the more popular plays. Have we heard on Ebron status? Swope in play too if Ebron sits

• Ace15

@Soma919 said...

I like Grant more tbh in GPP. Less ownership, higher upside just based off what i’ve seen. He can get it over the top. Seeing almost the same amount of targets as well. Also, Gordon > McCaff for me. Browns D will force TO, but give up a ton yards to RB’s still. Gordon is the RZ back, while MCcaff plays second fiddle to Newton in the RZ.

• Soma919

@ASitar said...

For GPPs I would lean Cooper, Baldwin, Thielen. Cooper has a massive ceiling and very low floor, Baldwin should be healthier and I like him to find the end zone in this one. Thielen is unstoppable right now but I would mix in both in GPPs, Diggs is capable of huge games as well.

Side note, this Sea vs. Oak game intrigues me… I can’t quite put my finger on it. Seattle has been so hesitant to throw the ball but I can absolutely see the potential for a shoot out here. Oaklands D is terrible and this whole thing with them arriving so late in the week to London has me worried. Lynch will want to run wild against Seattle but I am worried Seattle gets up early and Oakland leans on Richard. Lynch is up there with my favorite players to watch play, love watching him go Beast Mode on people.

• NDNole

A combo I will be using all year………IF skins are favored at home against a team giving up more than 4 yards a carry I will play Peterson. Worked for me so far. I know he is dinged up but he will be in at least one lineup.

• thefantasyman

@osuryanf said...

Can’t answer all of them, but as of right now Thielen is the play over Diggs every time until proven otherwise.

Marty Bryant? Led the team in receiving yards last week, no one on SEA to shut him down, 6 weeks in its about time they get this kid the ball considering how inconsistent Cooper is with the butter fingers and the aging of Jordy Nelson. $3500 for a guy getting looks with 15 targets last 3 games and averaging 20/yards catch. I get the warm fuzzy feeling inside the way Robbie Anderson did last week.

Jon Ross a nice pivot off Bryant at $3400. Was all the rage week 1 in this thread and bombed. Week three saw 7 targets. Week 4 he was a primed 1%‘er and got the deep ball TD but the groin pulled up lame and he was done for the day. Could have been a bigger day. Out last week and now everyone still talking about Boyd while maybe spending up on Green who will see a pesky but beatable Joe Haden. I’m firing up Ross at 1% yet again for shots down field.

One of these guys in a GPP allows you to fit Gurley and still feel good about it the lineup. Not sure if I’m just still high on the Robbie Anderson kool aid or if finding these cheap low owned deep threat plays is my new favorite strategy. Or I’m just a fish which is most likely. Guess we’ll find out this week.

• RatedDAL

Am i the only one that isn’t on the London game? Two teams accustomed to 1 pm pst games playing at 2 AM PST.

I understand the Raiders D is awful and Seattle secondary is a mess but I’m fading this game. Just not excited about this game.

• ASitar

J-vile DST

Also, aside from Chicago, who else y’all got at DST

• bigez952

@RatedDAL said...

Two teams accustomed to 1 pm pst games playing at 2 AM PST.

Where did you get that time difference? London is only +5 hours from EST so they are playing the exact same time as they would for any East Coast game. It will be 6pm local London time and 1pm EST. So for PST that would be a 10am game.

• parrothead112

@ASitar said...

J-vile DST

Also, aside from Chicago, who else y’all got at DST

I kind of like Dallas. They seem to get after QB’s and the DB’s are okay. Plus they’re cheap.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).